Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

I take back what I said.
3 wii games shipped by now (I joined on Sunday)
I guess I will keep the service, as long as they dont go too much worse.

AzN_BALLER somtimes they ship your movie or game from a different distribution center if your closest one doesnt have it in I believe. At least mine did with a 360 game, they sent it from Cali and I live in Texas.

Damnit, I bit the bullet and did it. After all, I am on Gamefly's 4 out at a time for $40 a month, so, this may trim that down a bit.

[quote name='Raul0923']AzN_BALLER somtimes they ship your movie or game from a different distribution center if your closest one doesnt have it in I believe. At least mine did with a 360 game, they sent it from Cali and I live in Texas.[/quote]

Yep, same for me.

Ok guys, I want some feedback on something I posted earlier.

Tell me when you signed up, now I also want you to tell me if you've been charged OR have a charge on your holds (for your card!)

I ask this, because I signed up on the 16th and yet to have a charge nor a hold for $12.75. I check GnF account, under "Payment History" and there's nothing, and my next billing period is 2/16/07.

I wonder if this deal also includes a free month trial. Free month, then $12.75 a month after? This would be even better...!!

I signed up 1/22/07.

In my Payment History I have a Payment posted of $1.00 on 1/22/07. This same charge shows up in my online bank statement. So, I'm assuming this is the hold for the charge.

I'm on the 2 Out at a Time plan at $9.75.

I signed up on the 17th and under payment history have the $1 charge as well, but I have not been charged anything on my credit card yet. Hope it is a month free too!..but i doubt it.

I'd actually think that there is indeed a 1 month free trial. I signed up under a different promotion a while back and I got the 1 month free trial as well. I think that comes with any new subscription.

Well, I got my first three titles yesterday, Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Wii, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of the Cerberus & the movie Syriana. Not too bad (they shipped from Kentucky, I live in South Carolina).

Just signed up today for the 2-at-a-time plan ($9.75/month). Glad I caught this before it expired.

$9.75 a month for a year is less than buying 2 new 360 games that I'll just sell/trade after a month or so anyway.

Thanks OP!

edit: Almost forgot to mention that my Payment History as a brand new member lists a $1 charge, presumably the hold to verify the credit card.

So how long will the 12.75 price last? I want to get in on this with a couple of my roomates. Also, you dont have to send all three games back to get three more games right? Say if I have a 360 game out, and my one friend has a wii game, I can send my 360 game in for another, while he keeps his for another week or so.

Ok, dumb question - just signed up and put 2 games in my Q. Do I just wait now, or is there a checkout process?

My 3 games shipped today, signed up at 5 AM and they shipped on the same day which was pretty nice!

[quote name='bahgee']Ok, dumb question - just signed up and put 2 games in my Q. Do I just wait now, or is there a checkout process?[/QUOTE]

Just wait after adding them to your queue, they'll ship 2 games out automatically.

This may be a stupid question, but when I return the games, do I put the envelope in the stamped bin or the metered bin at my post office?

Dammit. Send in games on Tuesday and then late Friday night they updated the site with them having been received but nothing shipped. Hopefully they shipped something or they will today but are they like netflix and stuff and don't ship on Saturdays? Good news is 3 movies jumped from on order to available. Guardian, Open Season and Flyboys.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']This may be a stupid question, but when I return the games, do I put the envelope in the stamped bin or the metered bin at my post office?[/quote]

Good question.. I don't think it matters.. or does it?

[quote name='Mysteriouskk ']This may be a stupid question, but when I return the games, do I put the envelope in the stamped bin or the metered bin at my post office?[/quote]

They are supposed to be placed in the metered slot.

Alright, my next 3 shipped.... All The King's Men (dvd), Pimp My Ride (360) and Tomb Raider (360).

Only one that I may keep over a day is Tomb Raider but I did beat it on PS2 already but wouldn't mind some quick achievements.

What I can't wait to see will be the endless, inevitable threads about how much this serve sucks once everyone has used it for several months and they stop sending you games like they do to the rest of us who've been members for months.

Seeing all the raves from people who just watched their first games ship out is hilarious...and I don't blame you 'cause the price is right.

Just don't come crying in 2 months when:

1. The game you pre-ordered and was charged immediately for never ships

2. The only customer service you can get are emails from "CSIndia" that never answer any question you have

3. All the games you put in your rental quewe never ship, regardless of how early you put them there!

This place is an absolute rip once you've used it for a couple of months, and all the cash they're making now will end up producing thread after thread about how awful they are down the line -- mark my words we'll won't hear the end of it when they screw all the "new CAG recruits" over like they do people who have belonged to their service for more than a few months!

[quote name='rolio64']They are supposed to be placed in the metered slot.[/QUOTE]
sorry to hijack, but ive wanted to know the difference between the metered and stamped slot. is metered prepaid?

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']What I can't wait to see will be the endless, inevitable threads about how much this serve sucks once everyone has used it for several months and they stop sending you games like they do to the rest of us who've been members for months.

Seeing all the raves from people who just watched their first games ship out is hilarious...and I don't blame you 'cause the price is right.

Just don't come crying in 2 months when:

1. The game you pre-ordered and was charged immediately for never ships

2. The only customer service you can get are emails from "CSIndia" that never answer any question you have

3. All the games you put in your rental quewe never ship, regardless of how early you put them there!

This place is an absolute rip once you've used it for a couple of months, and all the cash they're making now will end up producing thread after thread about how awful they are down the line -- mark my words we'll won't hear the end of it when they screw all the "new CAG recruits" over like they do people who have belonged to their service for more than a few months![/QUOTE]

I'm slightly worried about that - I remember reading somewhere that tend to ship things out to new customer than existing customers.

Eh, so far I'm content with their service. It tends to arrive about 2-3 days after shipping but other than that, its pretty dang good so far. If things go awful, I'll just cancel.

[quote name='xplode427']sorry to hijack, but ive wanted to know the difference between the metered and stamped slot. is metered prepaid?[/QUOTE]

They do not belong in the metered mail box. Metered mail means any mail class, except periodicals, with postage printed by a USPS approved postage meter, for example
meter.gif

The postage for neither Gameznflix games nor Gamefly envelopes are printed on a postage meter. They're pre-paid permit reply mail. Place your games into any standard mailbox.

Anyone have any problems with them not receiving a game that you shipped back since signing up recently? I got a game and 2 movies, and I sent the game 2 days before the movies, but the game still shows as being rented out, and the movies show as returned. What's the deal?

one of my three games (shadow of the colossus), came unplayable i.e. it froze after multiple tries to clean the disc. the other two, okami and bully, came mint. these two are much newer games. that being said, i can't remember the last time i had a gamefly disc come unplayable and i've been using gamefly on and off for the past 3 years.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Anyone have any problems with them not receiving a game that you shipped back since signing up recently? I got a game and 2 movies, and I sent the game 2 days before the movies, but the game still shows as being rented out, and the movies show as returned. What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Still having this problem. UGH.

This service kinda sucks. I wish Gamefly wasn't so far away, because they're definately the superior service. Unfortunately, it takes them ~ 7 days to get a game to me.

It also really sucks that it is impossible to find any semblance of customer service.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Still having this problem. UGH.

This service kinda sucks. I wish Gamefly wasn't so far away, because they're definately the superior service. Unfortunately, it takes them ~ 7 days to get a game to me.

It also really sucks that it is impossible to find any semblance of customer service.[/quote]

I put mine in the mail and the next day it says that they have recieved it... I live in Chicago and my games come from Kentucky (sp?). It took about 3 days to get to me though.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I had a problem once with this service. emailed them and they responded in a day.[/QUOTE]

What email address did you use? I must be blind, I didn't see it on there site.

Thanks for the info OP, I signed up for the 3 out @ $12.45. My local Movie Gallery charges $7 + tax & play guard, so that's a great price even if the turnaround is kind of bad. It will give me a chance to beat some single player games & allow me to keep certain multiplayer games for awhile, nice.

[quote name='xplode427']one of my three games (shadow of the colossus), came unplayable i.e. it froze after multiple tries to clean the disc. the other two, okami and bully, came mint. these two are much newer games. that being said, i can't remember the last time i had a gamefly disc come unplayable and i've been using gamefly on and off for the past 3 years.[/quote]

I don't really understand how this is a knock on GameznFlix. Isn't this more about whoever had the game before you? If GnF took the time to clean each disc every time it got shipped back to them, it would take them even longer to send stuff out, and then people would bitch even more about the turnaround time. I know I've brought movies and games home straight from Blockbuster and they've been dirty as hell. Blame the person who last had the game, who left it sitting out for a week collecting dust and food particles, and then didn't have the decency to wipe it off before sending it back.

what in the hell...did my games just get teleported? i dropped my games off at the postal office today and i just logged into gameznflix 5 minutes ago and the games are already returned! holy crap that was friggin fast

i live in the bay area, ca....didnt think i was that close to them

They shipped out Elebits on Saturday, and I got it Monday. Now that's service! I live in NC though, so maybe I'm closer to the distribution center in KY?

I've been using them for a year now and at first I was very happy with them. For the price of $17 a month for 3 out at a time you can't beat that. However their recent service has been horrible. I've sent back a game 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, and they have yet to send me F.E.A.R., Lost Planet, Tony Hawk Project 8 or Need For Speed Carbon. I'd say if you are not looking for popular/new games it might be a good deal, but by any means don't expect newer games. I wrote to their customer service to complain and all they said was to add more games to the queue. I think over time a lot of people left gamefly (even myself) to go to GNF and this is ultimately what slowed them down. They probably didn't expect this many people to join. I'm cancelling and trying Gamefly again. (I'm in PA)

However their recent service has been horrible. I've sent back a game 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, and they have yet to send me F.E.A.R., Lost Planet, Tony Hawk Project 8 or Need For Speed Carbon.

Exactly my experience also. I had LOST PLANET quewed up since November and only had out 2 games since the middle of December -- still it doesn't ship!

This is obviously a ploy intended to get new customers, and obviously as you can see from this thread it worked. Like I said before, just wait 6-10 months and there will be endless threads from all of these new subscribers about how much GNF sucks!

just got 2 new games shipped today (nfs carbon 360 and prey). carbon was #1 on my queue list while prey was at the bottom. so far so good

and i had lost planet as my first rental, so they're definitely catering to the new customers. i'll probably need to bail out of this service once they stop giving me the good games

I am one of the new users, and got my games in immediately upon signing, I also placed an order for an item.
I was charged for the item, realized they do not have stock onhand and emailed their support to cancel.
An answer came within 24 hours promising a refund, and that refund arrived a few days later.
As a new user, this is an ideal service (except the anime selection is poor and titles on order apparently will never be filled).

However, if current users are getting hosed at the expense of the new folks, which seems to be very much the case, I probably will cancel this service if not at the end of the first month, then perhaps the second.

Well, so far I'm impressed. I returned an HD-DVD to the post office Sunday. It must have gone out early Monday morning, and today, Tuesday, they shipped out Lost Planet which was #1 in my queue. That's really something.

[quote name='Decker']Well, so far I'm impressed. I returned an HD-DVD to the post office Sunday. It must have gone out early Monday morning, and today, Tuesday, they shipped out Lost Planet which was #1 in my queue. That's really something.[/QUOTE]

that's probably my lost planet that i returned yesterday, haha

philosophical renting question:
do you guys mostly rent to see if you want to buy? or do you mostly rent to play through games? ive been finding myself trying to do more of the latter as i think it is more cost effective, but i do like owning games. with this service at this price it makes me more likely to do the latter as well.

So far my service has been positive as well, I sent back a game on Wednesday night of last week and even though it took a bit I got Lost Planet today which was # 1 in my queue. Hope it continues this way, if it sucks i'll just cancel, doesn't really bother me.

Wow, I must be dumb because I didn't realize each mailer is tied to the specific game that came in it. I tore off the labels on them when I got them, so I no longer know which game came in which envelope. I shipped one back but one of the items I still have out got removed from my queue instead. I hope that isn't a problem.

bread's done
Back