Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

[quote name='mabus']Wow, I must be dumb because I didn't realize each mailer is tied to the specific game that came in it. I tore off the labels on them when I got them, so I no longer know which game came in which envelope. I shipped one back but one of the items I still have out got removed from my queue instead. I hope that isn't a problem.[/QUOTE]

you can still determine what game needs to go with which envelope by matching the serial # on the game disc sleeves and the envelope

and i'm sure that will be a problem...now someone out there is gonna request that game but will find out it's another game in the sleeve

Im somewhat satisfied with it so far. The dvd and next gen games selection is somewhat atrocious, but the shipping is better and faster than blockbusters. Hope the service gains some traction and they can afford a better website.

[quote name='Wario64']you can still determine what game needs to go with which envelope by matching the serial # on the game disc sleeves and the envelope

and i'm sure that will be a problem...now someone out there is gonna request that game but will find out it's another game in the sleeve[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant I returned one back in the correct sleeve but in the wrong envelope. Nobody should get the wrong game because of this. It'll probably just screw up my queue. Thanks for pointing out that the serial# is on the sleeve though, I didn't realize that.

[quote name='Hardware']I've been using them for a year now and at first I was very happy with them. For the price of $17 a month for 3 out at a time you can't beat that. However their recent service has been horrible. I've sent back a game 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, and they have yet to send me F.E.A.R., Lost Planet, Tony Hawk Project 8 or Need For Speed Carbon. I'd say if you are not looking for popular/new games it might be a good deal, but by any means don't expect newer games. I wrote to their customer service to complain and all they said was to add more games to the queue. I think over time a lot of people left gamefly (even myself) to go to GNF and this is ultimately what slowed them down. They probably didn't expect this many people to join. I'm cancelling and trying Gamefly again. (I'm in PA)[/QUOTE]

How about a followup to my own post. My nephew tells me today they just shipped Lost Planet to him, he just returned Fight Night Round 3. He joined just 3 weeks ago and so far was shipped FNR3, COD3, GOW, Splinter Cell and now Lost Planet. First off I have been waiting 3 weeks for Lost Planet and they ship it to him right away? WTF? They are definitely catering to new customers. They can F off. I'm going to join up under a different email address with the coupon code. 2 can play at that game.

[quote name='Wario64']what in the hell...did my games just get teleported? i dropped my games off at the postal office today and i just logged into gameznflix 5 minutes ago and the games are already returned! holy crap that was friggin fast

i live in the bay area, ca....didnt think i was that close to them[/quote]

It seems that they have you ship the games back to the closest center to your location... At least that is what it looks like. I got two games in and one was from another state but the address they wanted me to return it to was not far from where I live. So maybe that is how they can get them back in their hands so quickly.

[quote name='Hardware']How about a followup to my own post. My nephew tells me today they just shipped Lost Planet to him, he just returned Fight Night Round 3. He joined just 3 weeks ago and so far was shipped FNR3, COD3, GOW, Splinter Cell and now Lost Planet. First off I have been waiting 3 weeks for Lost Planet and they ship it to him right away? WTF? They are definitely catering to new customers. They can F off. I'm going to join up under a different email address with the coupon code. 2 can play at that game.[/QUOTE]
That's messed up. I signed up last week and my games (Lost Planet and Chromehounds) shipped the next day.

It's a real shame that they treat existing customers that way. Like most folks, I think I'll stick around for a short while and then go elsewhere once my queue starts getting ignored.

If only Gamefly didn't take so freakin' long to get things to me (I'm in PA).

I signed up.. so far the games have been not in stock, i've has lost planet and saints row in my queue for about three weeks now.

its not bad, and most importantly, its cheap.

So far so good for me. I should be getting Wii Madden today after shipping back one of my original selections (still hanging on to Ultimate Alliance for Wii and Dirge of the Cerberus for PS2). Seems timely, but only time will tell if it will remain that way.

[quote name='Hardware']How about a followup to my own post. My nephew tells me today they just shipped Lost Planet to him, he just returned Fight Night Round 3. He joined just 3 weeks ago and so far was shipped FNR3, COD3, GOW, Splinter Cell and now Lost Planet. First off I have been waiting 3 weeks for Lost Planet and they ship it to him right away? WTF? They are definitely catering to new customers. They can F off. I'm going to join up under a different email address with the coupon code. 2 can play at that game.[/QUOTE]

Retail SucksTo reply & update:

I signed up Monday 1/29 @ around 9-10pm, the 3 out plan, I put Rainbow Six Vegas & Lost Planet Xbox 360 in my selection, RSV shipped next day 1/30, I received in the mail todat 2/01 from Franklin KY(on game sleeve).

Lost Planet shipped 1/31, & I have not received.

I added Gears of War to my selection, yesterday 1/31, no ship notification yet.

I'll just confirm that existing renters are getting screwed in favor of new accounts. I've had COD3 and TH Project 8 in my queue for about a month with an open slot and Lost Planet since it became available, no dice. Added a bunch of Wii games a few days ago...no dice on those either.

It could also just be that there's a lot of demand for the new games. I joined when the coupon was posted. I put Lost Planet first in my queue. They've shipped 2 games and 5 movies so far, and Lost Planet is still sitting at the top of my queue. Could be mostly random.

I don't work for GNF, and I'm not terribly impressed with their service. But you get what you pay for, and I'm satisfied so far with the service for the price. It's cheaper and more convenient than a rental store would be, and I've had plenty to keep me entertained. I may not get all the hot new releases right away, but there's plenty of good games out there I want to try, and this gives me that chance.

For those discussing screwing up the envelopes...

Short story = I still have Enchanted Arms even though it showed that I returned it.

Longer story=
When I first started this service, four months ago, I screw up the first one. I had Steamboat Chronicles and Enchanted Arms out. I returned Steamboat chronicles in Enchanted Arms envelope and it showed that Enchanted arms was returned. Well, I still had it, and a few days later it also showed that I returned Steamboat chronicles.

I will be cancelling my account. I am very dissatisfied with customer service and shipping times.

Please Netflix ... get in the game business !!!

I've encountered a small snaffu. I mailed back my last three items on Tuesday. Two have been returned but pimp my ride is still showing as out. Knowing my mail system it should be returned today...

The cool news is two games shipepd today. Phantasy Star universe and...... FUZION FRENZY 2!!!! Sweet.....

just signed up with this 25% off deal, again thanks to the OP, and have Lost Planet, FNR3 and Viva in my queue. hopefully I'll get 'em all shipped out tomorrow.

kinda anxious about this whole situation given the longer term members getting fleeced apparently. that really sucks. this is a hell of a lot cheaper than anyone else though which is the only reason I bit.

It's funny continuing to read the miles apart reviews of GameznFlix. I signed up on January 16th for the 3 at a time plan, so I've been a member for a little over 2 weeks, and so far I've receieved 1 game (Madden 07) and 4 movies (with another on the way). I'm holding onto Madden because I didn't get to play it when it was released, so I'm enjoying it now. The other two spots I just use for movies, to keep the wife and myself entertained. So far, I think it's worked great.

Doing a little math will reveal that by Blockbuster's prices, my 1 game ($8) and 4 movies ($5 on average) is $28 worth of renting. I'm happy to get even that for $12.75 a month. And like I said...that's only in 2 weeks.

I think most of the people who have been disappointed (old members not withstanding. If you guys are truly getting hosed, then we'll all be goats eventually.) have expectations that are too high. Like somebody else said, if you want the "hottest, new games" this might not be for you...but for $12.75 a month, you can't complain. Another good thing is even if they do screw us down the road and stop shipping things as frequently, we can just cancel. It's not like a cell phone contract where you're locked in for two years. Now THAT would suck.

To recomfirm, Yes Gameznflix will screw you once you've been a member for about 2 months. I signed up back in late Oct. and early Nov. and was very impress buy how great and fast thier services was. I got NFS: Carbon, Marvel Ultime, Splinter Cell DA, CoD 3 (all 360 games) and all the new release the day it gets release to retail. However, by the end of Nov., the games stopped coming. I waited for R6 for a whole month leaving 2 slots open. I never got that and any of the old releases that was in my queue So i cancel in Jan.

However, I might sign up again just b/c its so much more cheaper than everyone else.

It could also just be that there's a lot of demand for the new games

No, don't buy that excuse, sorry. I put LOST PLANET in my quewe weeks before most of you signed up (end of November) and had an EMPTY slot for all of December....needless to say it never shipped.

The service is a crock, but I'm enjoying the "GNF rocks -- all my games shipped within 24 hours!" comments from people who've belonged for 2-3 weeks.

Write back in 6-8 MONTHS and tell us how you're doing then :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's funny continuing to read the miles apart reviews of GameznFlix. I signed up on January 16th for the 3 at a time plan, so I've been a member for a little over 2 weeks, and so far I've receieved 1 game (Madden 07) and 4 movies (with another on the way)[/QUOTE]

Dude, no offense, but you've been a member for 2 WEEKS. What do you think is a more accurate gauge of their service -- someone who just signed up (like 95% of people in this thread who are all raving about it) or people who have been screwed over after belonging for several MONTHS?

Trust me, you'll be the first one complaining when nothing in your list ships. It'll happen, and sooner than later too.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. If the service is no longer good for you, QUIT. Nobody here will care. Honestly, that would just mean one less person to tie up games. Once/If it goes bad for me, I'll do the same. Ride the fucking wave while you can and then get off. God damn...just don't sit here and cry about it. I'm not going to apologize for enjoying it for the time being. That's how everything in this damn world works. We all enjoyed the hell out of Napster back in the late 90's when "illegal" file sharing was in its prime. Nothing good lasts forever.

[quote name='Daring']However, I might sign up again just b/c its so much more cheaper than everyone else.[/quote]

And statements like this crack me up. That's like sleeping with a prostitute and then calling her a whore. Sure she's dirty, but she's good enough for you to roll around with. It's either worth the money, or it's not.

Retail Sucks update:

I signed up Monday 1/29 @ around 9-10pm, the 3 out plan. I live in east TN, 37841, 10 minutes from the TN-KY state.

I put Rainbow Six Vegas & Lost Planet Xbox 360 in my selection, RSV shipped next day 1/30, I received in the mail today 2/01 with Franklin KY on game sleeve.

Lost Planet shipped 1/31, & I received today 2/3 Altamonte Springs FL on the game sleeve, & Franklin KY on return envelope. We had snow the past 2 days which that could've delayed progress a day.

I added Gears of War to my selection, yesterday 1/31, received today 2/3, North highlands CA on sleeve, Franklin KY on return envelope.

Well an update for me:

So far so good. I understand I only been a member for 2 weeks, so we'll see if I still have this positive attitude for this service in 2-3 months.

I sent a game back a few days ago, and I just recieved my new game (Phantasy Star Universe, 360) yesterday. So it's going really well so far!

Update for me too... Shipped TW 07 on 1/22 and King Kong on 1/26, recieved both after 2 business days. King Kong was unplayable. Shipped back on 1/30, GnF.com has yet to recieve either, both were going to the MD distribution center.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Sounds like sour grapes to me. If the service is no longer good for you, QUIT. Nobody here will care. [/QUOTE]

OK noob, if you don't give a shit whether or not the service actually sucks, good for you. I didn't realize this was Fat Wallet. Most CAG'ers actually dive a damn if what they order/where they order from is a rip. Any person who has used GNF for six months or longer will tell you that.

It's not just "no longer good" for me, it's not good for ANYONE who has used it for 6 months or longer.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']OK noob, if you don't give a shit whether or not the service actually sucks, good for you. I didn't realize this was Fat Wallet. Most CAG'ers actually dive a damn if what they order/where they order from is a rip. Any person who has used GNF for six months or longer will tell you that.

It's not just "no longer good" for me, it's not good for ANYONE who has used it for 6 months or longer.[/quote]

Hey...fucktard, point out to me where I said I didn't care whether or not the service actually sucks. I said don't blame us for enjoying it WHILE it is good. It must have been good for you at some point, otherwise you wouldn't have been a member for this long...unless you truly are as dumb as you let on. My point was that you're free to cancel whenever you want. But I'm not going to cancel just because you're having a shitty time. The only thing I "dive a damn" about is what my money gets me. Whether you piss yours away isn't my concern. If GnF turns into a bad investment, I'll get out. I won't come on a message board and cry about it.

Look at how much games cost... even used as well as renting from the local store, I might actually try this out. What's the content like? Is there a lot avaliable?

It kind of sucks that all their decent Wii games have Short Waits. I put the Avia calibration DVD (which is awesome that they had) in my queue on Thursday, it shipped on Friday, and hopefully will come in today. I was hoping I would get some really quick ship times, like next day or something, since I live about 10 minutes from Altamonte Springs, FL, but I guess not.

Does anyone have any experience with Short Wait items? How long do they usually take to ship?

so is the coupon still working? Thinking about giving this a try. Is there any really negative compared to gamefly? Does anyone know if gamefly carries ps1 and xbox games still?

[quote name='Brodieman']It kind of sucks that all their decent Wii games have Short Waits. I put the Avia calibration DVD (which is awesome that they had) in my queue on Thursday, it shipped on Friday, and hopefully will come in today. I was hoping I would get some really quick ship times, like next day or something, since I live about 10 minutes from Altamonte Springs, FL, but I guess not.

Does anyone have any experience with Short Wait items? How long do they usually take to ship?[/quote]

In my experiences thus far, "short wait" has been like a day. The last movie to ship actually shipped from "in demand" status. I had it at the top of my queue. I try to put the "harder to get" items at the top so if by chance one is in, I can get it. It was the great Bill Murray classic Groundhog Day (tried to get it by Feb. 2nd, but didn't make it..haha). I think it just depends on how high it is in your queue and if a copy becomes available (not sure if proximity to the copy comes into play, but we could speculate about that kind of stuff all day).

I haven't been a member for very long. Joined about 3 weeks ago but in my first batch of games returned they never acknowledged getting one of the games back but I am assuming they did get it since they sent another out.

[quote name='DesiChick']i shipped one of my games back a week ago........ they have yet to recieve it....
is that normal?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DesiChick']i shipped one of my games back a week ago........ they have yet to recieve it....
is that normal?[/QUOTE]

My games/movies have always cleared from the "Titles you have out" section the day after I send them. It usually takes 2-3 days to receive items from GNF, so I assume the post office scans the barcode on the envelope and that lets GNF know it's "in the mail".

IIRC their FAQ says after 10 days if it hasn't shown up as "returned" to contact them and let them know that you sent it.

I still have one listed as being out but returned it 7 days ago. Sent an email to them about it. Should hear from them in a day or so.

In other news Fuzion Frenzy 2 and Phantasy Star online came :) Going to get my gaming on in a bit. If anyone wants to do online achievements with em in Fuzion drop me a message on LIVE.

[quote name='Brodieman']It kind of sucks that all their decent Wii games have Short Waits. I put the Avia calibration DVD (which is awesome that they had) in my queue on Thursday, it shipped on Friday, and hopefully will come in today. I was hoping I would get some really quick ship times, like next day or something, since I live about 10 minutes from Altamonte Springs, FL, but I guess not.

Does anyone have any experience with Short Wait items? How long do they usually take to ship?[/quote]

Hey which Digital Video essentials one did you rent? I tried to add the HD one and it says it's on order.

[quote name='Sinistar']Hey which Digital Video essentials one did you rent? I tried to add the HD one and it says it's on order.[/quote]

Last I checked Battlestations: Midway was on order and that came out what, 2 weeks ago

[quote name='Sinistar']Hey which Digital Video essentials one did you rent? I tried to add the HD one and it says it's on order.[/quote]

I rented the Avia disc.

Holy shit!

This is gonna depress me SO much! They are doing such an awesome job and I hate this because in a few months we'll probably get the "old customer treatment" lol :(

But this morning before I got on the train to work I dropped 3 things off in the mailbox.
1 of them was a game for a CAG that I'm trading with :)
2 of them were GnF games. DBZ: BT2 for Wii, and Phantasy Star Universe for 360

A few minutes ago, I go to check que to take WarioWare out (since I got it over the weekend), and I looked and it said
"Titles you have out: Devil Wears Prada (LOL), Phantasy Star Universe"

And that was it.
I checked my rental history and it said

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 1/17/2007 2/5/2007

(1/17 was the day it shipped, and 2/5, aka TODAY, was when they recieved it!!)

How the heck did they get it today ??!?!
Damn! That's AWESOME!

But they didn't send me my next game YET, but this is pretty awesome. I hope they keep this up for at least 2-3 months :) lol

Anyone else have a good story like this???

[quote name='lilboo']Anyone else have a good story like this???[/quote]
No... they've already lost 2 of my games. Or at least their circulating somewhere in the mail system.

Uh, I don't know if anyone else has this problem but:

I go to check on my queue today, and I noticed that it was EMPTY. I had like 15+ titles in there and now they are all gone!

And whenever I try to add a game to my queue, it doesn't show up there after I click "RENT"

WTF is going ON :(

I just checked my queue and it was empty. I clicked on the orange box that said queue and it came up again. I sent WarioWare back last Wednesday and still nothing has happened. I live approx. 2 hours from the Altamonte Springs address. They need to send me my next game!

lilboo, I've had nothing but good from them either. I've only sent back 1 game so far (I take my time and try to play as much as I can) and it was recieved the day after I mailed it, and I got a game back the day after that.

If it sucks in a few months, I'll drop it. But for now, I have no complaints. Thank your dad again for us ;)

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Last I checked Battlestations: Midway was on order and that came out what, 2 weeks ago[/QUOTE]

THE PERFECT STORM (HD-DVD) also said it was "on order" despite having been released in June of last year.

Seriously, the more you CAG's ;) work the system, the more you'll find it to be a total disaster. Their back catalog is weak (anything that says "on order" that's more than a month old means they don't have it and never will) and remember to never place a pre-order for a game -- you'll be charged immediately and the game will never ship.

But enjoy the good times while you can.... :)

bread's done
Back