Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

i just signed up and im already disappointed. i have more on order than i do on my queue. also, i just read this review of The Godfather for 360 on gameznflix:

"Casey of Providence, NC
Good Game I just wanted to rag on this crappy site! Does anyone get the games they realy want from this place? I've been waiting for Rainbow 6 Vegas for 2 months now! The only titles I get are crappy ones I didnt really want in the first place I only put them in my queue because I get so tired of waiting for the good ones. I waited months for Gears of War and once they shipped it out it got lost in the mail??? I would love to cancel my membership but they always keep one title floating around in limbo! Anyone else have this problem? On top of all this their is no customer service! I write in with a problem and Im lucky to get a response. If anyone else feels jerked around by these guys start writing it in the game reviews...its the only place to post something on here cause customer service deffinetly isn't listening!"

that kind of scares me thinking im going to have to pay for a game i didn't even get in the mail before cancelling my membership.

[quote name='emnmnme']Works for me so far. Got Ultimate Alliance, Castlevania for XBOX and Ice Harvest DVD within 2 days of ordering them. The only problem I've had is the Pirates of the Carribean sequel didn't come with the second disc.[/QUOTE]

Did you put the single or two disc in your queue?

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Did you put the single or two disc in your queue?[/quote]

if it's anything like Netflix, your rentals are "per disc", meaning if you want the extra/special features disc, it counts as a separate rental. the only exception is movies that span two discs (ie, one half of the feature on each disc).

[quote name='GiantxRobot']i just signed up and im already disappointed. i have more on order than i do on my queue. also, i just read this review of The Godfather for 360 on gameznflix:

"Casey of Providence, NC
Good Game I just wanted to rag on this crappy site! Does anyone get the games they realy want from this place? I've been waiting for Rainbow 6 Vegas for 2 months now! The only titles I get are crappy ones I didnt really want in the first place I only put them in my queue because I get so tired of waiting for the good ones. I waited months for Gears of War and once they shipped it out it got lost in the mail??? I would love to cancel my membership but they always keep one title floating around in limbo! Anyone else have this problem? On top of all this their is no customer service! I write in with a problem and Im lucky to get a response. If anyone else feels jerked around by these guys start writing it in the game reviews...its the only place to post something on here cause customer service deffinetly isn't listening!"

that kind of scares me thinking im going to have to pay for a game i didn't even get in the mail before cancelling my membership.[/quote]
i don't know about all the other stuff he said, but if it really bothers him that they keep "one title floating around in limbo", he ought to stop ordering/queuing games and just wait a few days.

Did any of you guys get an email similar to this to join a "paid focus group" for joining gameznflix about your experiences with them?

I'm seriously thinking of going to tell them how lousy they've been the past month or so but it's not worth the time for me or the drive down there. Maybe I'll just call them and tell them over the phone. :p

Schlesinger Associates, a market research firm is conducting a paid focus group on men and women who rent DVDs and video games online. These groups will pay you $100 for 2 hours of your time and opinions. There will be no sales before of after these focus groups and your information will not be sold. If you are the one responsible for the rental of DVDs and games and you’re interested in participating, please give us a call at 602-366-1105 and ask to speak to a recruiter about the “Entertainment” study. We look forward to hearing from you.

I know this is for GnF because I've never done any other online rentals before and they sent itto the email I use with GnF.

[quote name='THRILLHOUSE']their website is just awful!!! i cancelled netflix and gamefly to switch to this. you definitely get what you pay for (at least regarding the website interface) there is garbage sorting, and searching. you cant rate, search by directors, actors, etc... EVERYTHING is alphebetized. if you want to just browse, good luck!! its hard to complain when it is only 12.75/month though[/QUOTE]
Google should help with searching.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:gameznflix.com+put_keyword_here

It's not perfect, but it helps.

I sent in a bit of a complaint letter to the support group after not having anything get sent to me after about two months of having an open spot and supposedly they put me to the front of the queues for the games I have listed. They also said that for people with a 6-out account like me, they recommend 25-30 items in a queue. Christ, I couldn't even think of 25-30 Xbox 360 + Wii games I'd even want to play.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I sent in a bit of a complaint letter to the support group after not having anything get sent to me after about two months of having an open spot and supposedly they put me to the front of the queues for the games I have listed. They also said that for people with a 6-out account like me, they recommend 25-30 items in a queue. Christ, I couldn't even think of 25-30 Xbox 360 + Wii games I'd even want to play.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know why they would have a 6+ out of a time plan. They don't have a large selection (and much of a stock of that)..so this kind of problem was pretty much inevitable.

They NEED DS/GBA games.

Did you guys notice this in the support database?

Question:
I just signed up for an account but it did not give me the option to use my coupon code "Emmys" to save on my monthly rate. Please apply this code to my account.

Solution:

Chris,

That coupon code is for members of the Television Academy only. If you can prove your membership with that organization, then we will happily apply the coupon.

Thanks,
GameZnFlix Support
[--- UPDATED: 2/6/2007 10:45:02 AM BY AGENT: Buddy S. ---]

I tried them 6-12 months ago and they were average at best .. bad support, too, slow response times, etc .. I'd assume they wouldn't switch it without warning, but .. never know. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE
their website is just awful!!! i cancelled netflix and gamefly to switch to this. you definitely get what you pay for (at least regarding the website interface) there is garbage sorting, and searching. you cant rate, search by directors, actors, etc... EVERYTHING is alphebetized. if you want to just browse, good luck!! its hard to complain when it is only 12.75/month though

I use blockbusters website to search for movies and such that interest me then go to gameznflix and put it in their que.

[quote name='Wario64']hmm, they better not charge us extra without notification. the account plans on my account shows the emmys prices[/quote]

I maybe wrong, but they can't charge a credit card a different amount without letting you know, or they could get into legal trouble. About all they can do is cancel your membership. If they do, then I'll just happily oblige and let them cancel it. To me their site is a pain in the ass because its ALWAYS fucking slow.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Did you guys notice this in the support database?

Question:
I just signed up for an account but it did not give me the option to use my coupon code "Emmys" to save on my monthly rate. Please apply this code to my account.

Solution:

Chris,

That coupon code is for members of the Television Academy only. If you can prove your membership with that organization, then we will happily apply the coupon.

Thanks,
GameZnFlix Support
[--- UPDATED: 2/6/2007 10:45:02 AM BY AGENT: Buddy S. ---][/QUOTE]

haha, I knew this was coming. don't be surprised by additional "adjustment" charges on your credit card

Has anyone even been charged by them for their first month? The only charge they've done to me is a $1 charge the day I signed up which was on January 16th.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Has anyone even been charged by them for their first month? The only charge they've done to me is a $1 charge the day I signed up which was on January 16th.[/quote]

1st month I think I've read is "free", save for the dollar to make sure you're who you say you are.

Dammit. I now I have game in limbo on the way back to them (2 weeks now) and a game is 2 days late getting to me and they just sent me the dvd of Zoom which while I wanted to see, I wanted either of my first two options first (half nelson and marie antoinette). Either way I am being rather irate over this limbo BS.

UPDATE: NBA Live 07 came. it sucks.... That is all

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Dammit. I now I have game in limbo on the way back to them (2 weeks now) and a game is 2 days late getting to me and they just sent me the dvd of Zoom which while I wanted to see, I wanted either of my first two options first (half nelson and marie antoinette). Either way I am being rather irate over this limbo BS.

UPDATE: NBA Live 07 came. it sucks.... That is all[/quote]

Did the weather have something to do with it?

I have closed my account after slightly less than 4 weeks. I have not yet been billed and I was on the 2 out plan.
(Note, this is solely based on my experience)
I found the service fantastic, and customer service replies prompt, friendly and courteous. In the 25 days, I was able to play Excite Truck, WarioWare, Red Steel, Trauma Center, Elebits and rent two movies. That is an amazing value for $11. Shipping times to Manhattan were about 2 days each way. I had purchased an item, then cancelled that item. My card was charged, I contacted their CSR, got an email back the next day and a full refund was issued within three days. I had no problem closing my account.
The reason why I left was the barren anime selection. I had 20 titles/series, all on order and I do not think these will ever be in stock. I was very happy trying every wii game, but there simply are not enough good wii games out to justify another month.

On a side note, it seems my great experience has come at the cost of service for members who have been with gameznflix longer. This is a dangerous way to conduct a business and I wonder if they realize what the backlash might be.

I am starting to think about canceling my plan with GnF. I have been using it for a few months now and have had Rainbow 6 Vegas at the top of my list since day 1. I have had Zelda GC on number 2 since it's release, I have had Lost Planet at 3 since Jan 12.

On Febuary 4th I removed all lower ranked items, and it's been over a week since tehy got the last game I sent back. Still NOTHING.

What is the point of saying short wait on a game after a week of waiting? As it seems they DO NOT have the games in stock and should just admit it will be a long wait.

I also hate having to log in every time I goto the site, it's a pain in the ass.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Did the weather have something to do with it?[/QUOTE]

No bad weather near me until last night. We got 26 inches here. Nothing came in the mail for me today oh well. I was able to mail out nba live 07 though. Zoom should hopefully come tomorrow.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Dammit. I now I have game in limbo on the way back to them (2 weeks now) and a game is 2 days late getting to me and they just sent me the dvd of Zoom which while I wanted to see, I wanted either of my first two options first (half nelson and marie antoinette). Either way I am being rather irate over this limbo BS.

Same with me... my 2 games have been floating around for a little over 2 weeks now. They have not answered my support ticket either. So I've been sitting here for 2 weeks with no movement from them. I have no idea what is going on.

propz on this man. just sigend up for the 3 out. i'm new here i just started listening to this podcast so i had to check out the site. seems to be pretty cool.

I signed up Monday 1/29 @ around 9-10pm, the 3 out plan. I live in east TN, 37841, 10 minutes from the TN-KY state.

I put Rainbow Six Vegas & Lost Planet Xbox 360 in my selection, RSV shipped next day 1/30, I received in the mail today 2/01 with Franklin KY on game sleeve.

Lost Planet shipped 1/31, & I received it 2/3. Altamonte Springs FL on the game sleeve, & Franklin KY on return envelope. I returned it monday 2/12, it was received on tuesday 2/13, BF2:MC X360 shipped today 2/14.

I added Gears of War to my selection, yesterday 1/31, received 2/3, North highlands CA on sleeve, Franklin KY on return envelope. Shipped back the following monday, and I received Saints Row the following Friday in it's place.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']

do you still have it? 'cause folks are gonna try for the 1000-online achievement (again) on the 25th.

[quote name='vherub']I have closed my account after slightly less than 4 weeks. ...

On a side note, it seems my great experience has come at the cost of service for members who have been with gameznflix longer. This is a dangerous way to conduct a business and I wonder if they realize what the backlash might be.[/quote]

Esp. if the new subs all cancel as quickly as you did.

Nah, I returned LIVE. I'm not an achievement whore and EA needs smacked for their crappy achievements in sports titles.

Either way, heads up for those sending comments to gameznflix through there customer service thing. Pimp My Ride still isn't showing up as returned (3 weeks later) and it takes them 2-3 days to respond. Was told to write back on the 13th if it didn't show as arrived. Got a responde today that you need to give them every detail of what was said in the prior message.

Used the coupon code for the 2-at-a-time plan and had Lego Star Wars II (XBox) and Warioware: Smooth Moves (Wii) in my hands within a week. So far, so good!

I signed up either Sun or Mon, 2 disks shipped Tuesday, got them today. From the same city as one of my Netflix distro centers.
Three concerns: Their envelopes suck for opening, they don't seem to have lots of Wii games, and why in the world do they put the title of the disk on the label so every fool can see it?
I like the price, but i might cancel after a month, they'll probably send me more dvds than games, and I already have a huge backlog of dvds to watch.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Nah, I returned LIVE. I'm not an achievement whore and EA needs smacked for their crappy achievements in sports titles.[/quote]

i don't think of myself as an achievement whore, as i have less than 5000GS and i've had my 360 since launch. that's not really the point of the thing -- it's just something fun to do that a lot of people will miss out on. i can't stand sports games, but i look at this more as a Live-community-camaraderie kinda thing. oh well.

Well, I sent my first game back yesterday and they just sent me an email saying my next game was shipped. Thats really insane. Hope it keeps up.

[quote name='retail sucks']I signed up Monday 1/29 @ around 9-10pm, the 3 out plan. I live in east TN, 37841, 10 minutes from the TN-KY state.

I put Rainbow Six Vegas & Lost Planet Xbox 360 in my selection, RSV shipped next day 1/30, I received in the mail today 2/01 with Franklin KY on game sleeve.

Lost Planet shipped 1/31, & I received it 2/3. Altamonte Springs FL on the game sleeve, & Franklin KY on return envelope. I returned it monday 2/12, it was received on tuesday 2/13, BF2:MC X360 shipped today 2/14.

I added Gears of War to my selection, yesterday 1/31, received 2/3, North highlands CA on sleeve, Franklin KY on return envelope. Shipped back the following monday, and I received Saints Row the following Friday in it's place.[/quote]I am really starting to hate Gameznflix now. As they are giving WAAAAY higher priority to newer people. As I still have not had R6, Lost Planet or Zelda sent my way. Nor will I. I think I am going to mail back one of the games I have sitting around, and if they don't send me something by Monday, they get canceled and I consider them to be a shitty site.

[quote name='allyourblood']i don't think of myself as an achievement whore, as i have less than 5000GS and i've had my 360 since launch. that's not really the point of the thing -- it's just something fun to do that a lot of people will miss out on. i can't stand sports games, but i look at this more as a Live-community-camaraderie kinda thing. oh well.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean you, just a generalization. I really thought the game sucked, online was pretty much unplayable. It's nice that people are trying to do this but why didn't they try it when it came out? I really wish EA and even Microsoft would start sponsering things like this to get people inetrested in these games. I constantly get a new game and can rarely find anyone online.

After the e-mail I sent to support bitching about new people getting stuff and me sitting with an open slot and 7 games in the queue without anything releasing for about a month, they put me at the top of all of the queues I had listed.

As a result I had Wii Twilight Princess and Smooth Moves sent out in the past 3-4 days. Maybe oldies like me just have to bitch to get things done.

Still waiting for a response but ZOOM (DVD) came today and the site shows NBA LIVE being returned and african Adventure shipped out... Thank god it's nothing I want to actually play through. *prays for Lost Planet* I'll be mailing Zoom back tomorrow at work. Things move quickly when mailed from there.

I should just quit though, I have such a huge backlog of crap to play as it is lol.

So I decided to try this out to see if it is a decent replacement for Gamefly. I'm tired of them taking forever to ship stuff and losing 1 in every 5 shipments.

I signed up for the 3 out plan. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros

Much cheaper than Gamefly, especially with this coupon.
Fast shipment. I signed up on Weds night and have my 2 games and one DVD today. Nice that they have a Washington DC shipment center.
Have DVDs and Games.

Cons

Website sux...really bad. Slow, missing images, search engine is spotty at best
Queue management is awkward availability is indicated by weird progress bars
Availabilty is bad...almost everything I wanted was not available
Selection is bad, no Nintendo DS games
Keep it game prices higher than Gamefly and as a long time Gamefly member I get extra discounts and $5 coupons from time to time

Still if they can do something w/ their website and improve their stock I wouldn't mind switching to them because of the speed and cost.

You know, I'm actually liking it so far. Games/DVD's take a couple of days to get to me and a couple to get back, but so far the shipment of items from my queue has been pretty good (usually the same day or day after they receive my returns). About the only thing I can complain about is that while everything in my queue is showing up as being available, they're basically not shipped in the order that I have them down. I can live with that.

I hate services in general, because it takes time and effort to manage them all, but this looks pretty good. I think I'll head over to their website and have a look...

I've seen this deal on this forum for a while now. I'm trying to get into renting games.. I guess I'll check it out. Thanks OP :)

Well, I've been a member for almost a month, thanks to this deal. So far, the service can't really be compared to NetFlix.

But, It's less than $13 a month for three games. That's a deal that's just too good to pass up. So if I have to wait a while for a game to show up, I'm not too concerned. I've still got two others to play while I'm waiting.

The only thing that I don't like, is that there aren't any instruction manuals available. For most games, it's not a huge issue, but sometimes it's kind of hard to figure out some of the more obscure functions.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I don't think the manufacturers are posting the manuals on their websites, or at least I couldn't find one for Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I know that GameFly has basic instructions on their website, but I'd really like to see the whole thing.

I'm not interested in walkthroughs, since I like to be surprised.

Scott

[quote name='SRW1000']Well, I've been a member for almost a month, thanks to this deal. So far, the service can't really be compared to NetFlix.

But, It's less than $13 a month for three games. That's a deal that's just too good to pass up. So if I have to wait a while for a game to show up, I'm not too concerned. I've still got two others to play while I'm waiting.

The only thing that I don't like, is that there aren't any instruction manuals available. For most games, it's not a huge issue, but sometimes it's kind of hard to figure out some of the more obscure functions.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I don't think the manufacturers are posting the manuals on their websites, or at least I couldn't find one for Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I know that GameFly has basic instructions on their website, but I'd really like to see the whole thing.

I'm not interested in walkthroughs, since I like to be surprised.

Scott[/quote]

Most games have the controls in the Options menu. I know for sure Marvel (360) had the ocntrol scheme avaliable so that you can alter or restore to default settings.

bread's done
Back