Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

[quote name='soxfan30']Most games have the controls in the Options menu. I know for sure Marvel (360) had the ocntrol scheme avaliable so that you can alter or restore to default settings.[/quote]Thanks, but what I was looking for was more detailed descriptions of the powers available, how experience works, etc. You're right though, most of the actual fighting instructions are available thought the menu system. Companies have been getting better at this, but the manuals usually have more in-depth information.

Scott

[quote name='Wario64']anyone get billed yet? the first month should be over today or tomorrow[/quote]

Not yet. I joined Jan. 17 and have not been billed. Anybody else?

[quote name='SRW1000']Well, I've been a member for almost a month, thanks to this deal. So far, the service can't really be compared to NetFlix.

But, It's less than $13 a month for three games. That's a deal that's just too good to pass up. So if I have to wait a while for a game to show up, I'm not too concerned. I've still got two others to play while I'm waiting.

The only thing that I don't like, is that there aren't any instruction manuals available. For most games, it's not a huge issue, but sometimes it's kind of hard to figure out some of the more obscure functions.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I don't think the manufacturers are posting the manuals on their websites, or at least I couldn't find one for Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I know that GameFly has basic instructions on their website, but I'd really like to see the whole thing.

I'm not interested in walkthroughs, since I like to be surprised.

Scott[/QUOTE]

go over to gamefly and look up the same game. They have the controls up for every game. Thats what I have been doing.

[quote name='videogamejunkie']go over to gamefly and look up the same game. They have the controls up for every game. Thats what I have been doing.[/quote]Thanks, I tried that too. They do have all of the button functions shown, but that's about it. They don't have the details of what the different rankings mean, or what the powers do, etc.

It's better than nothing, but there's still a whole lot missing.

I guess I'll just keep trying to figure stuff out as I'm playing.

Scott

[quote name='RudyPants']Not yet. I joined Jan. 17 and have not been billed. Anybody else?[/quote]

I signed up on the 16th and just checked the site...I was billed $9.75 and I'm signed up for the 3 out at a time. That's obviously the wrong price, but i'm not complaining.

I joined 1/18 and still haven't been charged.

I mailed Zoom back yesterday and it shows as returned. I'm secretly hoping for Crackdown to ship but I'm sure it isn't likely.

Pimp My Ride is still showing as out. Even though I returned it 1/28.... It's gettign a bit absurd now and in my last little message to CS I was a bit snarky about the matter and their lack of certain features.

I finally got charged!
For me, like I've said throughout the thread.. not that bad.

I may spend another $25 (2 more months) to see how things are.

Check for yourself if you wanna see the selection lmao.

Any cancelation problems?

THANKS OPS I LOVE YOU!

Just a warning for those of you thinking this is a good deal. I was with GamesnFlix.com for almost a year. For the first 6 or 7 months everything was great. Then they stopped shipping me games even though I had none out and would not return a response to my support tickets about it.

I wrote a review based om my experience with them on my blog: here.

If they actually ship you games it is a good deal (compared to the price of other services), but if they don't ship you any games then what are you really paying for? In my experience it is worth the extra money to go with GameFly.com

[quote name='jigsawhc']Just a warning for those of you thinking this is a good deal. I was with GamesnFlix.com for almost a year. For the first 6 or 7 months everything was great. Then they stopped shipping me games even though I had none out and would not return a response to my support tickets about it.

I wrote a review based om my experience with them on my blog: here.

If they actually ship you games it is a good deal (compared to the price of other services), but if they don't ship you any games then what are you really paying for? In my experience it is worth the extra money to go with GameFly.com[/quote]

Thanks. On the 28 pages of this thread, we haven't heard that one before...
These comments drive me nuts. The fact that the service went bad after 6 to 7 months doesn't prevent this from being a good deal. It's just a good deal for 6 to 7 months. This is what I've said all along. Ride the wave while it lasts, and then get off. This isn't a cell phone contract. You're not locked in for 2 years. When/If it goes bad, cancel. Simple. I'm sorry your honeymoon phase with the service is over, but don't try to ruin it for the rest of us.

[quote name='Wario64']anyone get billed yet? the first month should be over today or tomorrow[/quote]

I just checked my account and I also signed up on 1/16/07 (at which point, I was charged $1). On 2/16/07 I was charged $9.75. I have the 3 out at a time plan. This is fantastic, but at this rate, I'm sure it will only be a matter of months until we drive this company into the ground. Not a great way to run a successful business. Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts.

[quote name='SRW1000']Thanks, but what I was looking for was more detailed descriptions of the powers available, how experience works, etc. You're right though, most of the actual fighting instructions are available thought the menu system. Companies have been getting better at this, but the manuals usually have more in-depth information.

Scott[/quote]

Just use the walkthroughs at GameFAQs, Neoseeker, or wherever. You aren't going to be spoiled by looking at those sections.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I just checked my account and I also signed up on 1/16/07 (at which point, I was charged $1). On 2/16/07 I was charged $9.75. I have the 3 out at a time plan. This is fantastic, but at this rate, I'm sure it will only be a matter of months until we drive this company into the ground. Not a great way to run a successful business. Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts.[/QUOTE]

I'm on 3 at a time and was just billed for $12.75. Maybe I should call to complain .. . . oh wait, I can't :).

Been happy with the service for the first month. I agree with the other posters, "ride the wave while it lasts."

[quote name='mathrandir']I'm on 3 at a time and was just billed for $12.75. Maybe I should call to complain .. . . oh wait, I can't :).

Been happy with the service for the first month. I agree with the other posters, "ride the wave while it lasts."[/quote]

I just realized why I was only charged $9.75. I started out with the 2 at a time plan, and then upgraded like a week later. I'll probably be charged the difference in another week.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I just realized why I was only charged $9.75. I started out with the 2 at a time plan, and then upgraded like a week later. I'll probably be charged the difference in another week.[/quote]
I did the same thing which is why i was charged 9.75 as well...maybe we'll get lucky and not be charged? or maybe we'll be unlucky and get charged the full ammount.

*edit* and i was just lucky enough to be sent the 14th and last item on my queue which was DOAX2.

Hmm I ordered a game from Gameznflix (purchase not rent) and they charged my card but still haven't sent me a confirmation # or any sort of email. Should I be worried..?

This is making me very angry. So I start to sign up. I look for the coupon thing and apparently miss it, then I get to the last page, and instead of confirming, I decide to go back to find the coupon entry page. I find it, sign up with the coupon, and it tells me I already have an account even though I didn't confirm it. Ok, so I close the account and begin to sign up again only to realize that the email is already taken. So I reactivate the account, change the email, close the account, and sign back up again with my email only to have it tell me that my credit card cannot be processed. Well, thank you, Gameznflix, you have made this all so painless and simple.

[quote name='mattstockton12']This is making me very angry. So I start to sign up. I look for the coupon thing and apparently miss it, then I get to the last page, and instead of confirming, I decide to go back to find the coupon entry page. I find it, sign up with the coupon, and it tells me I already have an account even though I didn't confirm it. Ok, so I close the account and begin to sign up again only to realize that the email is already taken. So I reactivate the account, change the email, close the account, and sign back up again with my email only to have it tell me that my credit card cannot be processed. Well, thank you, Gameznflix, you have made this all so painless and simple.[/quote]

Ok, I've seen people blame Gameznflix for a lot of things...some justified, some not. But blaming them because you don't know how to fill out a form is assinine. You missed the coupon field. Your solution: use another email address and another credit card. Many people who had signed up for trials before (including myself) had to do this to get the deal. But you don't see us crying about it. Grow a pair.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ok, I've seen people blame Gameznflix for a lot of things...some justified, some not. But blaming them because you don't know how to fill out a form is assinine. You missed the coupon field. Your solution: use another email address and another credit card. Many people who had signed up for trials before (including myself) had to do this to get the deal. But you don't see us crying about it. Grow a pair.[/quote]

I do not have multiple credit cards. Yes, I'm one of those weirdos. There is no reason I should not be able to use my credit card information for a new account. I thought this was worth mentioning, in case anyone else ran into the same problem. You can't tell me you would not be frustrated if placed in a similar situation.

[quote name='mattstockton12']I do not have multiple credit cards. Yes, I'm one of those weirdos. There is no reason I should not be able to use my credit card information for a new account. I thought this was worth mentioning, in case anyone else ran into the same problem. You can't tell me you would not be frustrated if placed in a similar situation.[/quote]

No, I can understand your frustration. But to be honest, the kind of person I am, I'd be kicking myself for not seeing the coupon field in the first place. As I said, I was faced with this situation, but having another credit card to use did make it a lot easier to deal with. Sorry that it worked out like that for you. I would suggest that you could contact GnF customer service about it, but I doubt you'd get much of an answer. They'd probably just tell you to reactivate your account without the coupon. I guess those are the breaks.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I've encountered a small snaffu. I mailed back my last three items on Tuesday. Two have been returned but pimp my ride is still showing as out. Knowing my mail system it should be returned today...

The cool news is two games shipepd today. Phantasy Star universe and...... FUZION FRENZY 2!!!! Sweet.....[/QUOTE]

Your first mistake was renting Pimp My Ride..

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No, I can understand your frustration. But to be honest, the kind of person I am, I'd be kicking myself for not seeing the coupon field in the first place. As I said, I was faced with this situation, but having another credit card to use did make it a lot easier to deal with. Sorry that it worked out like that for you. I would suggest that you could contact GnF customer service about it, but I doubt you'd get much of an answer. They'd probably just tell you to reactivate your account without the coupon. I guess those are the breaks.[/quote]

Yeah, I'll probably just reactivate the account at normal prices. It is still pretty cheap. I'll just go for 2 a month instead of the 3 I was going to do. I doubt I'd need 3 at a time anyway.

directly from the contact us page...

Question:
I just signed up for an account but it did not give me the option to use my coupon code "Emmys" to save on my monthly rate. Please apply this code to my account.

Solution:

Chris,

That coupon code is for members of the Television Academy only. If you can prove your membership with that organization, then we will happily apply the coupon.

Thanks,

not sure if anyone mentioned this yet. If so, then my fault.

[quote name='Kirra']Hmm I ordered a game from Gameznflix (purchase not rent) and they charged my card but still haven't sent me a confirmation # or any sort of email. Should I be worried..?[/QUOTE]

Indeed you should. They charge you in advance and sometimes never ship out what you order...I had to have my credit card company take care of the order I never received as their online customer service is utterly worthless.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Indeed you should. They charge you in advance and sometimes never ship out what you order...I had to have my credit card company take care of the order I never received as their online customer service is utterly worthless.[/QUOTE]
also purchased and it hasn't been sent out. i contacted them and will let you know if/when they respond. i recommend trying to contact them as some have reported success, but others obviously haven't

Ah, I found out what my problem was. They don't accept debit cards, only credit cards. So I cannot become a member. Now I believe I am justified in complaining about THAT. What kind of company accepts only credit card payments?

[quote name='mattstockton12']Ah, I found out what my problem was. They don't accept debit cards, only credit cards. So I cannot become a member. Now I believe I am justified in complaining about THAT. What kind of company accepts only credit card payments?[/quote]

I signed up with a debit card.

Anyway, how does one contact customer support? I sent back a game a week ago and it still lists it as out, and the distribution center is only a couple miles away from me.

[quote name='Wario64']holy crap, they shipped me crackdown...and i didnt even add it to my queue until a few days ago[/QUOTE]
Lucky you, I've had it in my queue for a the past few weeks, and had nothing else in the queue with two rentals that were supposed to come to me. Crackdown is still sitting in the queue.

I wish there was an alternative to this place (besides signing up to Netflix and GameFly; too expensive), I was stupid and got the 6 out plan a few months ago *places "sucker" sticker on forehead*.
They haven't charged me yet, I can't believe they are gonna wait a year until they take money from me (the 6-out plan is a yearly fee of $249. sounded good at the time)... maybe if I quit now they'll forget to charge ;)
On top of returning a movie 2 weeks ago that hasn't been checked in even though I sent them two emails about it; I've been sitting with only 4 rentals and 15 games in my queue for the past 3 weeks! I mean, yes they are mainly Wii games, but come on, most show as short wait!
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but their customer service is a complete joke; no wonder they don't have any phone number you can call!

Please, no-one sign up for any long-term contract. It's probably best to use them for 1-2 months, tops, then run away.

Yeah. This service needs to improve, fast.

I'm just renting one at a time, I see it as well worth it to pay $6 and keep a game for a month. So far I've only checked out R6:V, and beaten that (as well as a ton of MP) in just under a month.

I returned that on Tuesday, and just yesterday it arrived there. Now it says Crackdown was shipped today! w00t!

For refference: I've had Crackdown on my queue for as long as I've been able to.

Of course, I am only a bit over a month-old member, and I've only checked out one title, so I suppose it's customer throttling.

I've just got to say, for $7 a month, and if they can deliver Crackdown just a week after release, I'm very pleased.

Much better than paying >$30 for the games :D

Well, I finally cancelled. I've been a member since late Sept - early Oct '06. Maybe I'll sign up again in a few months after they get thier stuff together, and more stuff is out that I want to rent. :)
I've seriously only received 3 items this past month. I have Dummy DVD, Clerk II Widescree DVD and Bubble Bobble Evolution PSP.

[quote name='Sinistar']Well, I finally cancelled. I've been a member since late Sept - early Oct '06. Maybe I'll sign up again in a few months after they get thier stuff together, and more stuff is out that I want to rent. :)
I've seriously only received 3 items this past month. I have Dummy DVD, Clerk II Widescree DVD and Bubble Bobble Evolution PSP.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Member since Oct 06 and I'm cancelling. I've had 15 games in my Queue. Big name titles at the top and just filler I thought about giving a spin at the bottom. Over the course of the past month I only received God Hand and Harvest Moon: Magical Melody. I had the 3 out at a time plan. Never even got 3 out at a time. They used to be awesome until right after Christmas. Now they just suck. Oh well I'm going to sign up for Blockbuster instore. Even though it's 24.99 or 19.99 a month and 1 out at a time at least I'll be able to get what I want.

I'm glad I went with the cheapest plan.

No reason to spend more money if you're not going to get the games anyways.

As long as I get one of the games in my queue within a week of when I send the other one back, $6 is definitely enough.

Of course I'm risking running into broken disks and stuff.

[quote name='Calico']Lucky you, I've had it in my queue for a the past few weeks, and had nothing else in the queue with two rentals that were supposed to come to me. Crackdown is still sitting in the queue.[/QUOTE]

....and so it begins for the new recruits ;)

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']....and so it begins for the new recruits ;)[/QUOTE]
It's not like I've been on that long either... I've only a member since Feb 6th. So the second round of games already places me in the old member's pool.

So far 4 of the 6 PSP games I have received have been broken, but have been shipping pretty fast. Complained via their email system and sent notes back with the games. No response. If it wasn't this cheap, I would have quit already. Looks like the older games come broken, while the newer ones are fine.

I gave it a whirl for about two weeks under the 3 out a time plan most all of the titles I added were "On Order" I had newer and older titles in my queue, some of them had Long Wait going on, so I kept adding stuff to my queue and had about 20 items in there total, it was tough for me to do that cause I didnt see much id play,but I have all next gen systems except PS3 so the selection wasnt too bad, but receiving the games was another story, it just takes too long and i never even had a total of 3 games out at a time, poor service, missleading products I say this because most items on the site especially off the wall movies can will always be "On Order" your never going to get the random stuff the selection is missleading, take there inventory and cut it in half, then you know what they actually have, then take that half and assume most of it is out of stock.

Happy so far. 3 xbox 360 titles shipped the 20th, they arrived last night (23rd) all of them were in perfect working order. So far for $12.75 its cheaper than going to blockbuster for 3 games. So I'm happy. And if they start slowing down, I'll just start calling them every few hours. :booty:

But so far I'm very happy with it.

[quote name='arthurtracy']They dont have any number you can call :(
They'll just ignore your emails... just you wait.[/quote]

888-542-6817 or 270-586-8806 and the FAX is 270-778-0025

Google is your friend.:applause:

I haven't had a problem with it yet. While I haven't had some things that are higher up on my queue shipped, they have shipped SOMETHING on my queue almost immediately upon receiving what I've sent back. I hate the hassle of going to rent, so to me, this is almost worth it's weight in gold...or $12.75 a month for the three out plan.

I signed up when a Circuit City employee discount deal, same price as this one, showed up online in October. Since their are no DS games and all I own is a 360 I have mostly rented them games. I have over 35,000 achievement points and the only game I own came with a Whopper. Oblivion, Kameo, and King Kong have been in the top three spots of my list since day one and I have yet to receive any. I was sent one broken game and when I reported it they apologized and removed it from my 3 out and sent me a new copy of it the next day. Since I live in America's wang I am much happier with the turn around time than I was with GameFly. It takes about two days for returns and 2-4 days for a new game to arrive. GameFly always took me 7-8 days per game. Right now though my list is full of DVDs because my 360 red lighted on me. I'm waiting on the box to send it off for repair. I'm thinking of getting a PS2 to hold me over for the few weeks it will be gone. I looked for a Wii today but they are still sold out around here.

bread's done
Back