Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

I have to agree with the good reviews, I signed up when this deal first came out and i've had a constant stream of games, some new, some not so new but haven't been without a game for more than a few days. I got some decently new games (Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Lost Planet) and some older (Dead Rising, Tiger Woods, Gitaroo Man, Mario Baseball). So yeah, i'm liking the service, I only wish they'd get new releases a little quicker, they just added GRAW 2 to their service but it's still "on order" as is Major League Baseball 2k7.

[quote name='Hostile 17']But your mom looks so good with that donkey up her ass...[/quote]

So you're admitting to everyone that you're into beastiality? Seek help.

Maybe it was just me, but today the speed of their site just increased dramatically. I used to wait 10-20 seconds for every page to load. Today they loaded just like every other web site. I quickly added some stuff to my queue!

Anyone else see a speed improvement in the website?

I've had the problem that the same movie keeps popping up in our queue on a regular basis. We have deleted it probably 8 times now. The first time, it shipped to us without ever even hitting the queue, the day after they received the same movie back. Since then, it just keeps popping up. Their support team is mildly retarded, their answer for this (twice in a row) is "it isn't in your queue now though" when I told them that I had just deleted it again (didn't want it to get shipped out again, as we were waiting on something to ship), and that they would ask their IT department if it happened again. Second time, same answer, and seemed very annoyed that I asked the question again and specifically asked for them to involve IT.

But it's cheap, so I'm keeping it for now, hopefully they will fix the problem and things will work out fine.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So you're admitting to everyone that you're into beastiality? Seek help.[/quote]So you're saying I'm right about your mom?

[quote name='y0da900']I've had the problem that the same movie keeps popping up in our queue on a regular basis. We have deleted it probably 8 times now. The first time, it shipped to us without ever even hitting the queue, the day after they received the same movie back. Since then, it just keeps popping up. Their support team is mildly retarded, their answer for this (twice in a row) is "it isn't in your queue now though" when I told them that I had just deleted it again (didn't want it to get shipped out again, as we were waiting on something to ship), and that they would ask their IT department if it happened again. Second time, same answer, and seemed very annoyed that I asked the question again and specifically asked for them to involve IT.

But it's cheap, so I'm keeping it for now, hopefully they will fix the problem and things will work out fine.[/quote]
I had that problem too - Do you click a bookmark shortcut to visit gameznflix? If so, check the link it's pointing to- if it has something like "/queue&add=11564745" at the end of it, that's your problem- your bookmark is programmed to add an item to the queue.

Use http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?content=queue/queue and you shouldn't see the problem any more.

Just checking back in. They have now shipped the first three games I wanted. Their CS is bizarre; they fix the problem, but then offer canned CS replies which don't address the problems. Weird.

As others point out, for the price, you have to appreciate what you're getting, even with the problems.

I haven't had anything shipped from my queue for a couple of weeks and everything in my queue was listed as high availability. I canceled and then accidently logged in again, on an interesting note it looks like you can reactivate your account with the cheap pricing if they ever become usefull again.

[quote name='MrX']Look up[/quote]

Sorry if this was posted earlier. This thread is way too enormous to track individual announcements.

[quote name='nnthomas']God of War II got put in my queue, but I want TMNT! Someone link TMNT (X360) if they find it.[/QUOTE]
Can't rent arcade games.

Which is why I hate the digital distrobution movement.

They shipped me NBA Street yesterday. It was on the top of my queue.

Took a while for my return to get back, but when they keep shipping the new games to me, I can't complain.

[quote name='MrX']Not sure if they will really ship this out or not but I added it to my q anyway. http://gameznflix.com/default.aspx?content=detail&id=778968

I have really liked this service thus far. Esp for the price takes about as long as GF did but a hell of a lot cheaper.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Yeah, they'll just stuff that guitar into the little orange envelope.

You'll be receiving just the disk, as usual. However, if you wanted to buy it for their member price, I'd hope they'd send you the guitar.

[quote name='batdorf']Maybe it was just me, but today the speed of their site just increased dramatically. I used to wait 10-20 seconds for every page to load. Today they loaded just like every other web site. I quickly added some stuff to my queue!

Anyone else see a speed improvement in the website?[/QUOTE]
Ever about a week after I joined the site has been running fast and smoothly.

My one complaint is no cookies, so I have to re-login every time I visit the site.

Does anyone know what they charge for shipping for buying brand-new items at member price?

I'm thinking of getting the Guitar Hero II bundle from them for $72

[quote name='PyroGamer']Can't rent arcade games.

Which is why I hate the digital distrobution movement.

[/quote]

He's talking about the retail version of TMNT (Yes, it is comming) Not a fan, personally, but may make a good rent.

[quote name='MaXx']For you guys getting charged already, are you paying tax on your subscription? How much is it coming out to?[/QUOTE]

So far they only billed my CC $12.75 for the first month no tax or anything.

They are not going to rent GH 2 with the guitar, eventhough it is listed as coming soon. I just wish they would rent me the normal games sometime within 3-4 months of their launch date. Going on two weeks with nothing shipped, I would have thought they would have some copies of Rainbow Six Vegas by now.

So far service is ok. Im into my first billing cycle now and ive managed to get quite a few games. Even got Lost Planet and Gears. My only complaint is the randomness of what they send from your queue and they seem slow in getting the games back from me. I think im coming into the period now where people start having problems with them so Im just hopefull things keep going well for me.

Here's my review of Gameznflix: They suck.

Since the beginning of this year, they've shipped me 6 items, total. Those 6 are Super Monkey Ball (Wii), Apollo 13 (HD-DVD), Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360), WarioWare (Wii), Just Cause (360) and Enchanted Arms (360). Of those, all but the last 2 were shipped back long ago, and I've been waiting with 8 items in my queue for over a month, with nothing shipping.

At the beginning of the year, I had Lost Planet, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Crackdown, and Excite Truck at the top of my queue. None of them ever shipped. I removed Crackdown about 3 days after it came out because I bought it. I had Lost Planet as #1 until the beginning of February, when I decided just to buy it. Since then, Rainbow Six has been at the top, until this weekend when I decided to rent it from Blockbuster. Right now, God of War 2 is at the top, and has been since Friday, and I doubt I'll ever see it.

I have the 3-item plan for $16.99 (no coupon for me) per month. So far this year, I haven't ever had 3 items out at once. That's intentional, in case they ever get a copy of my #1 queued item in. In fact, right now I only have Enchanted Arms out, and I've been playing that for about 3 weeks now. The only reason I got it in the first place was that they weren't shipping anything better / newer.

I'm completely fed up with them, and am ready to cancel my account. Even getting the 2-at-once plan at Gamefly would be better than this.

Edit: I've been a customer of theirs since August 2006.

Just got the other 360 Poker game in the mail. Maield back two items on Saturday but still don't show as returned. I'll blame it on the nasty snow storm that day. Hopefully it will be updated.

Threw some Wii games in since I boguht a Wii today. Every third queue item is a Wii and I have like 28 360 wants as well. Some day i hope it all gets caught up but I also have psp, ps2 and dvds as well. I think my queue is at like 97 total. So I don't think I'll ever have a problem with nothing being available.

For those who don't know, you can cancel any time during your month and get your money back as long as nothing shipped that month.

[quote name='Omatsei']Edit: I've been a customer of theirs since August 2006.[/QUOTE]Sounds like they give their new customers better service.

I received Rainbow Six: Vegas after signing up, finished it in a little more than a month, shipped it back, got Crackdown in a few days, shipped that back after finishing it in about a week, and now I have NBA Street: Homecourt.

As soon as I have to wait a week for them to ship me something, I'll probably cancel. But right now, for $6 a month I'll gladly keep playing my games through them. Better to spend $6 a month and always be able to get something new than spending $60 to get a game I'll likely be bored of in six months.

Maybe you should try to add more items to your queue. I doubt it will solve all your problems, but it's worth trying.

[quote name='Omatsei']Here's my review of Gameznflix: They suck.

Since the beginning of this year, they've shipped me 6 items, total. Those 6 are Super Monkey Ball (Wii), Apollo 13 (HD-DVD), Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360), WarioWare (Wii), Just Cause (360) and Enchanted Arms (360). Of those, all but the last 2 were shipped back long ago, and I've been waiting with 8 items in my queue for over a month, with nothing shipping.

At the beginning of the year, I had Lost Planet, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Crackdown, and Excite Truck at the top of my queue. None of them ever shipped. I removed Crackdown about 3 days after it came out because I bought it. I had Lost Planet as #1 until the beginning of February, when I decided just to buy it. Since then, Rainbow Six has been at the top, until this weekend when I decided to rent it from Blockbuster. Right now, God of War 2 is at the top, and has been since Friday, and I doubt I'll ever see it.

I have the 3-item plan for $16.99 (no coupon for me) per month. So far this year, I haven't ever had 3 items out at once. That's intentional, in case they ever get a copy of my #1 queued item in. In fact, right now I only have Enchanted Arms out, and I've been playing that for about 3 weeks now. The only reason I got it in the first place was that they weren't shipping anything better / newer.

I'm completely fed up with them, and am ready to cancel my account. Even getting the 2-at-once plan at Gamefly would be better than this.

Edit: I've been a customer of theirs since August 2006.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are impatient. I have been a customer since August 06 and all my games have arrived just fine. I am on the 2-at-a-time plan. I've only had to wait a long while for two games -- Okami and Call of Duty 2. But I can understand being upset. But with the surge of new subscriptions (re: CAG, or any other deal forum), I am sure they are getting backlogged.

I currently have no games on my queue, as I only rent titles that I am interested in and don't see myself buying. I don't care about playing the latest Poker game or Sports game... you get the idea.

For reference, here is my rental history:

I thought about adding more games to my queue, but what could I possibly add? I have all the consoles (DS, Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3, Xbox, & X360) along with the HD-DVD drive for the 360, but none of the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray movies are ever in stock! I went for a few weeks with several Blu-Ray and HD movies in my queue, and only Apollo 13 shipped.

As far as games, I only have Enchanted Arms right now because I figured I might as well be getting _something_ from them, as long as I'm paying for it (I'm switching to Gamefly at the beginning of April). I've tried adding any games that looked even remotely interesting that are newer than 6 months old, and every single game is out. Until today, my queue had 8 items in it, all of Wii and 360 games. I had everything from Excite Truck and Elebits to to Red Steel and Rainbow Six listed, but they were never in stock (apparently). I even added King Kong (360) to the queue, just to see if it was an old/new game thing. I kept in there for a week, then removed everything.

The reason I want a game rental service is so I can try new games and decide if I want to buy them. Since new games are only new for about 6-10 months before they're 50% off (or less), the only games I want to spend $15+ per month to try are less than 6 months old. If I can't get new games through the rental service, why bother? Vegas is a perfect example. I would have rented it 6 weeks ago if I could have, then decided whether I want to buy it or not. If not, I play however much I want to, then return it. If so, I return it and buy it either from them or from a store around me. Since Vegas has been out for a few months now, I can go buy it for $40, which is only $8 more than the cost of the membership to Gameznflix that I paid while I waited for Vegas to ship! I also wanted to play through King Kong, since I heard it was decent... I can either pay $17 per month and wait 6+ weeks to get it, or spend $15 and buy it off Ebay, then play it at my leisure.

To sum up, if Gameznflix works for you, by all means keep with it... maybe you'll get lucky and get to keep some games they think you've returned (see my previous post in this thread, but I got Dead Rising, Phantasy Star Universe, and Untold Legends for the PS3 for free). For me, the last 3 months have been an incredible waste of time and money.

Edit: I've got the 3-at-a-time plan... Here's my rental history:

Title Shipped Returned
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror 8/23/2006 9/1/2006
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth 8/23/2006 9/25/2006
Dead Rising 8/23/2006 9/26/2006
NCAA Football 07 9/1/2006 10/25/2006
Enchanted Arms 9/21/2006 11/4/2006
Madden NFL 06 9/26/2006 11/13/2006
LocoRoco 10/25/2006 11/15/2006
Just Cause 11/4/2006 11/28/2006
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 11/17/2006 11/28/2006
Superman Returns 11/29/2006 12/16/2006
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 11/14/2006 12/28/2006
Tony Hawk's Project 8 12/1/2006 1/9/2007
Trauma Center: Second Opinion 12/16/2006 1/9/2007
Super Monkey Ball 1/4/2007 1/17/2007
Apollo 13 - HD DVD 1/23/2007 2/1/2007
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1/27/2007 2/20/2007
WarioWare: Smooth Moves 2/23/2007 3/15/2007

[quote name='cakefoo']I had that problem too - Do you click a bookmark shortcut to visit gameznflix? If so, check the link it's pointing to- if it has something like "/queue&add=11564745" at the end of it, that's your problem- your bookmark is programmed to add an item to the queue.

[/QUOTE]

That was it, my girlfriend's bookmark was adding it every time she logged in. Thanks.

[quote name='Omatsei']I thought about adding more games to my queue, but what could I possibly add? I have all the consoles (DS, Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3, Xbox, & X360) along with the HD-DVD drive for the 360, but none of the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray movies are ever in stock! I went for a few weeks with several Blu-Ray and HD movies in my queue, and only Apollo 13 shipped.

As far as games, I only have Enchanted Arms right now because I figured I might as well be getting _something_ from them, as long as I'm paying for it (I'm switching to Gamefly at the beginning of April). I've tried adding any games that looked even remotely interesting that are newer than 6 months old, and every single game is out. Until today, my queue had 8 items in it, all of Wii and 360 games. I had everything from Excite Truck and Elebits to to Red Steel and Rainbow Six listed, but they were never in stock (apparently). I even added King Kong (360) to the queue, just to see if it was an old/new game thing. I kept in there for a week, then removed everything.

The reason I want a game rental service is so I can try new games and decide if I want to buy them. Since new games are only new for about 6-10 months before they're 50% off (or less), the only games I want to spend $15+ per month to try are less than 6 months old. If I can't get new games through the rental service, why bother? Vegas is a perfect example. I would have rented it 6 weeks ago if I could have, then decided whether I want to buy it or not. If not, I play however much I want to, then return it. If so, I return it and buy it either from them or from a store around me. Since Vegas has been out for a few months now, I can go buy it for $40, which is only $8 more than the cost of the membership to Gameznflix that I paid while I waited for Vegas to ship! I also wanted to play through King Kong, since I heard it was decent... I can either pay $17 per month and wait 6+ weeks to get it, or spend $15 and buy it off Ebay, then play it at my leisure.

To sum up, if Gameznflix works for you, by all means keep with it... maybe you'll get lucky and get to keep some games they think you've returned (see my previous post in this thread, but I got Dead Rising, Phantasy Star Universe, and Untold Legends for the PS3 for free). For me, the last 3 months have been an incredible waste of time and money.

Edit: I've got the 3-at-a-time plan... Here's my rental history:

Title Shipped Returned
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror 8/23/2006 9/1/2006
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth 8/23/2006 9/25/2006
Dead Rising 8/23/2006 9/26/2006
NCAA Football 07 9/1/2006 10/25/2006
Enchanted Arms 9/21/2006 11/4/2006
Madden NFL 06 9/26/2006 11/13/2006
LocoRoco 10/25/2006 11/15/2006
Just Cause 11/4/2006 11/28/2006
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 11/17/2006 11/28/2006
Superman Returns 11/29/2006 12/16/2006
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 11/14/2006 12/28/2006
Tony Hawk's Project 8 12/1/2006 1/9/2007
Trauma Center: Second Opinion 12/16/2006 1/9/2007
Super Monkey Ball 1/4/2007 1/17/2007
Apollo 13 - HD DVD 1/23/2007 2/1/2007
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1/27/2007 2/20/2007
WarioWare: Smooth Moves 2/23/2007 3/15/2007[/quote]

I'm sorry, but do we really have to post our rental history in this thread?

I have had the service for about a month and it has been great. The 6 out at a time for a year sounds great but all of the complaints have me skeptic to pull the trigger.

[quote name='RudyPants']I'm sorry, but do we really have to post our rental history in this thread?[/quote]

it seems valid to me. some people are trying to offer up examples of their experiences with GNF, and getting a glimpse of their history seems like a reasonable way of doing that.

[quote name='$hady']
I did find this humorous review while checking out some of the games I never received even after adding several more to my queue last week.

Bullet Witch 1 star

"Jon of Kansas City, MO
This game is crap. If someone opened up the case and crapped in it, and sat it next to a case with bullet witch in it I honestly couldn't tell the difference. My life is forever tainted with crappiness for having to play this game. I no longer fear hell, for I have played bullet witch."[/quote]

Haha, someone saw my review! I subscribed to gamefly for over a year and decided to switch due to the price, nothing in stock, and awful shipping. I'm with gameznflix now and so far its really not that much better. There website is just god awful and they dont really seem to have much in stock in terms of 360 games. But there shipping is awesome at least.

[quote name='IceBurgh']So far they only billed my CC $12.75 for the first month no tax or anything.[/QUOTE]

I switched last month from the 3 at a time plan to the 2 at a time plan and they charged me 12.75 again this month. I gotta find out about that.

The best is that I signed up for 2 at a time and switched to 3 and still get charged for the 2.

I'm wondering if this would work the same if you signed up for one out at a time and switched to 3. And this glitch only seems to work if you use the emmys coupon code.

[quote name='Dingleberry']The best is that I signed up for 2 at a time and switched to 3 and still get charged for the 2.

I'm wondering if this would work the same if you signed up for one out at a time and switched to 3. And this glitch only seems to work if you use the emmys coupon code.[/QUOTE]

In that case I might as well just leave it at 3 at a time.

I'm surprised that the coupon hasn't expired yet.

Just checked my queu and it's showing two titles (number wise) are gone but I only see one game missing, Red STeel so I guess that's being shipped today with something random.

I think the problems lies right there. I think the warehouse randomly picks a title that is in near your top and then your queue is updated way later that day. At least that is how it seems.

Well apparently, they just shipped me Rocky Balboa this morning. That's pretty awesome considering it just came out today. Some of you have expectations that are MUCH too high for this service. Wanting all 360/Wii/PS3/HD-DVD that are under 6 months old is far too demanding. Even with a reasonable supply of these items, Gameznflix would not be able to make everyone happy.

Think about it, those items are going to be the highest in demand. Sometimes there's even difficulty finding these items in stores when they are initially released. If you want a service that can meet those kinds of expectations, you're going to have to pay more than $16 a month, and even then I'm not sure if you'll find one.

I don't want ALL 360/Wii/PS3 games, I just want one or two, and I've been waiting MONTHS to get them. Please understand that I'm an incredibly patient person, but when my patience is up, I get pissed. I'm paying $17 a month for a service that is supposed to provide 3 games at once, and hasn't done that at any point yet this year. The games in my queue were never ALL new games... not even close. The ones at the top were, but the ones at the bottom were always old(er) games ranging from Rainbow Six (released Nov. 16, 2006) to Battlefield 2 (released April 2006) to even King Kong (released as a fucking launch title, for Christ's sake). None of them ever shipped! I'll gladly grant that they can't possibly keep enough copies of every game to satisfy everyone, but so far this year (before Christmas it was great), they haven't had nearly enough of any decent games to satisfy me.

Service has been great so far. I think I started my subscription in early February, and I've received games from the top of my queue one after another. However, the first time I sent something back (a movie), it got lost in the mail, but after a couple weeks of deliberation, they sent me a new item, no questions asked. If I didn't have GNF, I doubt I ever would have gotten the chance to play Trauma Center, Excite Truck, Wario Ware, etc.

[quote name='Omatsei']I don't want ALL 360/Wii/PS3 games, I just want one or two, and I've been waiting MONTHS to get them. Please understand that I'm an incredibly patient person, but when my patience is up, I get pissed. I'm paying $17 a month for a service that is supposed to provide 3 games at once, and hasn't done that at any point yet this year. The games in my queue were never ALL new games... not even close. The ones at the top were, but the ones at the bottom were always old(er) games ranging from Rainbow Six (released Nov. 16, 2006) to Battlefield 2 (released April 2006) to even King Kong (released as a fucking launch title, for Christ's sake). None of them ever shipped! I'll gladly grant that they can't possibly keep enough copies of every game to satisfy everyone, but so far this year (before Christmas it was great), they haven't had nearly enough of any decent games to satisfy me.[/quote]

Ok, now I'm going to be mean because you've used up MY patience, and apparently, you're a fucking moron. I didn't mean you wanted EVERY 360/Wii/PS3 game, I meant that by wanting ONLY those items you put yourself at a greater risk of being disappointed. Example: believe it or not, but some people who are not fortunate enough to own all three next gen systems, plus a high definition DVD format (and therefore, an HDTV) still rent games for such "archaen systems" such as PS2 and regular DVD *gasp!*

Also, having a queue of only 8 is part of your problem. When someone suggested you add more to it, your response of "what else is there to add?" was ridiculously snobby and arrogant. I'm sure I'm not the only person on here who could recommend some older movies and games that are highly enjoyable and are considered classics. However, I could understand if these wouldn't appeal to your intellect, as some of them lack blood, explosions, and on some occasions even color (oh god!!!).

I completely stand by my original assessment. Your expectations are too high for this service. What puzzles me is if you were able to afford an 360, a Wii, a PS3, the HD-DVD drive, and to top it off, a High Def television, why are you so hellbent on not paying more to meet your state-of-the-art rental needs? I can understand wanting to get the best deal possible...but as others have said, you do get what you pay for. The difference here is that many others, myself included, have been satisfied with it.

Has anyone tried renting any of their anime DVDs? I noticed there were 148 pages of DVDs in the animation section but apparently that's a little misleading. All of the Cowboy Bebop DVDs are "on order" even though the ones I checked were released in 2004/2005. Not a good sign. I guess they're just trying to make their selection look better by throwing movies on there that they never intend to actually provide. Checked a few other anime series and every single one of them is "on order" as well.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ok, now I'm going to be mean because you've used up MY patience, and apparently, you're a fucking moron. I didn't mean you wanted EVERY 360/Wii/PS3 game, I meant that by wanting ONLY those items you put yourself at a greater risk of being disappointed. Example: believe it or not, but some people who are not fortunate enough to own all three next gen systems, plus a high definition DVD format (and therefore, an HDTV) still rent games for such "archaen systems" such as PS2 and regular DVD *gasp!*

Also, having a queue of only 8 is part of your problem. When someone suggested you add more to it, your response of "what else is there to add?" was ridiculously snobby and arrogant. I'm sure I'm not the only person on here who could recommend some older movies and games that are highly enjoyable and are considered classics. However, I could understand if these wouldn't appeal to your intellect, as some of them lack blood, explosions, and on some occasions even color (oh god!!!).

I completely stand by my original assessment. Your expectations are too high for this service. What puzzles me is if you were able to afford an 360, a Wii, a PS3, the HD-DVD drive, and to top it off, a High Def television, why are you so hellbent on not paying more to meet your state-of-the-art rental needs? I can understand wanting to get the best deal possible...but as others have said, you do get what you pay for. The difference here is that many others, myself included, have been satisfied with it.[/quote]

I went to great lengths to show that I was not expecting ONLY new games, even giving examples of games that have been out for over a year. Apparently 16-month-old games is too new to be expecting them? What kind of demand is there for King Kong for the X360? How about some other examples that I tried keeping in my queue for weeks, and sometimes months? Rez for the PS2? Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (this one was in my queue since I started in August, until I removed it in February because it never shipped)? Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2? Forza 1 for the Xbox? How many examples would you like before you admit that they have a major problem with inventory?

At no time since January did my queue contain LESS than 8 items, and my queue was ALWAYS a fair mix of platforms, genres, and movies. (In fact, my queue got as high as the mid 30's once, before I renewed my subscription to Netflix and took several DVD's off.) Saying that I was expecting too much is implying that expecting a rental service to rent things is expecting too much. Also, the argument of "you get what you pay for" might mean something, except I'm paying for something and not getting anything. Would you be satisified if you went to McDonald's and ordered a 20-piece Chicken McNugget, and only got 6? But why? It's only $5!

As I said in my initial review, if GNF works for you, good luck, have fun. I suspect, however, that as soon as you get 4-6 months into it, you'll start realizing that every single item in your queue is unavailable, and you'll probably go weeks without anything shipping.

[quote name='Omatsei']I went to great lengths to show that I was not expecting ONLY new games, even giving examples of games that have been out for over a year. Apparently 16-month-old games is too new to be expecting them? What kind of demand is there for King Kong for the X360? How about some other examples that I tried keeping in my queue for weeks, and sometimes months? Rez for the PS2? Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (this one was in my queue since I started in August, until I removed it in February because it never shipped)? Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2? Forza 1 for the Xbox? How many examples would you like before you admit that they have a major problem with inventory?

At no time since January did my queue contain LESS than 8 items, and my queue was ALWAYS a fair mix of platforms, genres, and movies. (In fact, my queue got as high as the mid 30's once, before I renewed my subscription to Netflix and took several DVD's off.) Saying that I was expecting too much is implying that expecting a rental service to rent things is expecting too much. Also, the argument of "you get what you pay for" might mean something, except I'm paying for something and not getting anything. Would you be satisified if you went to McDonald's and ordered a 20-piece Chicken McNugget, and only got 6? But why? It's only $5!

As I said in my initial review, if GNF works for you, good luck, have fun. I suspect, however, that as soon as you get 4-6 months into it, you'll start realizing that every single item in your queue is unavailable, and you'll probably go weeks without anything shipping.[/quote]

Maybe you said all those things in your head, but this is the first time I've seen you mention any PS2 or Gamecube games. King Kong, I can't explain. I think maybe it's more popular than people realize...especially with people on here "hoarding" 360 games.

As for you not getting anything at all. GnF must just hate you..lol. I can't explain why other people are getting stuff consistently and you're not. I'll admit, I use my account more for movies than I do games (usually I keep one game out for a month or two, and use my other 2 spots for movies for the wife and I), but I've always had something get shipped. It hasn't always been from the top of my queue, but as long as I don't fill my queue with crap I don't want, I'm usually happy. To use your metaphor, I'm getting my 20 nuggets.

I certainly do not believe that I am expecting too much for GnF to ship me the games I have in my queue regardless of what system they are for or how new the games are. I have now had an open slot for 2 weeks and have 8 games in queue all that have a short wait status, given that short wait means available within 2 weeks, something should have shipped. My problem with GnF is that the availability of games is not accurate, i.e. new releases labeled as short wait will not ship within 2 weeks and the fact that a year ago I did not have these issues. I also understand that I will need to wait for new releases, I currently do this with my Blockbuster account (new release HD DVDs usually take a few weeks before they are readily available); however, with GnF the wait is too long, the fact that Rainbow Six Vegas is not readily available to rent 4 months after release tells me that GnF has major inventory problems. On these XBOX Live games timing does matter, given that some online communities are short-lived.

bread's done
Back