Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

you would think it wouldnt be hard for them to realize that with the amount of subscribers they need to be buying games. however, they may just be saying screw it, keeping their current stock, and trying to milk what they can before they finally dissolve and sell their stock.

oh well, i signed up for gamefly this weekend.

I used to have the service, cancelled awhile back when they weren't getting anything new in and barely sent me anything. I also owned some of their stock for awhile.

They are on the verge of bankruptcy at this point. I would be wary of signing up with them, especially if you plan on paying with the full year advance payment.

Now if only blockbuster rented games through the mail...

I think I've found part of the problem with games taking forever to get here:

Each individual game or movie comes from a specific distribution center. If you don't match the game with the same reply envelope (I have a bunch of them that I usually grab at random) when sending it back, it takes forever.

Whatever distribution center the reply envelope is addressed to has to manually forward the game back to its original distribution center (on each game envelope).

So, it's just a matter of making sure you have the game and reply envelope matching to get faster service.

I didn't see this mentioned in the thread. Then again, I'm sure the actually company is going belly up soon since it doesn't get anything new. But for those who want to milk it a little longer, hopefully my advice helps.

I've had GNF for about 3 months now, and am pleased with their service. As soon as they receive an item back, they ship something else from my queue that same day.

Now, I've got like 30 things in my queue, and it's mostly older stuff, so that could be the reason that I'm getting better service. I'm mainly using them to rent a bunch of older 360 games for achievements and some DVDs that I was on the fence about.

I am definately getting out of GnF ... however I have had bad service out of GameFly before, mainly because they still ship to Florida from their California location instead of the east coast location so it takes 2 weeks nearly back and forth.

I am considering Gamerang as it received the top award on the online video game rental review site. They also have a shipping center located in Oklahoma which is at least a little better than CA> Anyone used them before and have any opinions ?

[quote name='RudyPants']I think I've found part of the problem with games taking forever to get here:

Each individual game or movie comes from a specific distribution center. If you don't match the game with the same reply envelope (I have a bunch of them that I usually grab at random) when sending it back, it takes forever.

Whatever distribution center the reply envelope is addressed to has to manually forward the game back to its original distribution center (on each game envelope).

So, it's just a matter of making sure you have the game and reply envelope matching to get faster service.

I didn't see this mentioned in the thread. Then again, I'm sure the actually company is going belly up soon since it doesn't get anything new. But for those who want to milk it a little longer, hopefully my advice helps.[/QUOTE]

I always match the envelopes, I thought that was obvious, and I have gotten above average service from them. They just really need more games. As long as the service is satisfactory, I will continue with them.

Just an FYI, they just shipped me two games, Spiderman 3 (which was #15 on my list) and The Darkness (which was # 1).

I'm canceling before my next monthly renewal... 5 games in my Q with excellent availability for over a month and not 1 shipped. Not to mention that I rarely actually have all 3 of my rentals out at once... usually just 1 or 2. $12.75 is a great deal if they actually had stock to ship... oh well.

^ Wow, 5 games.

I think im going to run this service for another month (3 months total)To many games coming out this winter, should save up and just buy and play those, h3 should keep me occupied for a good amount of time online. Bioshock, mass effect offline. I forgot the others.
Fed up with the speed in mail and their actual availablility. Other then that, I feel like im still getting little more then im paying, so its not to bad.

I've been a member of gnf since jan. of this year. I've learned they are good at getting you games if you don't have to have latest and greatest. But this fall, they just aren't going to cut it. RonnieWrecked of CAG suggested going on ebay and searching for gamefly codes, so I did and got a two month membership for 3.99 shipped, sent the next day by email.

So my plan now is to use gnf for movies, since they have thousands, and gf for games, since they have all the newest games. I think 12.75 a month for 3 movies out at a time is a steal, so I'd be remiss to cancel gnf. Hope gf works well for me, and I hope they open their Austin depot soon.

[quote name='rolio64']I've been a member of gnf since jan. of this year. I've learned they are good at getting you games if you don't have to have latest and greatest. But this fall, they just aren't going to cut it. RonnieWrecked of CAG suggested going on ebay and searching for gamefly codes, so I did and got a two month membership for 3.99 shipped, sent the next day by email.

So my plan now is to use gnf for movies, since they have thousands, and gf for games, since they have all the newest games. I think 12.75 a month for 3 movies out at a time is a steal, so I'd be remiss to cancel gnf. Hope gf works well for me, and I hope they open their Austin depot soon.[/QUOTE]
I don't think those ebay coupons can be stacked though, so after 2 months you'll have to pay full price. Does anyone else know for sure?

[quote name='rickonker']I don't think those ebay coupons can be stacked though, so after 2 months you'll have to pay full price. Does anyone else know for sure?[/QUOTE]

Yup, you can only use them once. If I'm happy with gf after the two months, I'll og ahead and continue on the 2 out at a time plan. I'll either pay full price, or try and see if that brightspot.tv deal works for me.

Also, for anyone having trouble getting fast return to work for you, you may want to search on ebay for "Scan Me" stickers. My post office no longer has a metered mail slot, so a few times my stuff didn't get scanned and it added two or three days to my turnaround time. I paid ~$5 for 144 flourescent orange stickers, and since then my discs show up returned at midnight of the day I drop them off at the post office.

[quote name='retail sucks']I thought so too.[/quote]

Well fine, smart guy :). I never really paid attention to the whole matching thing.

Also, what's the deal with the ads in the envelopes these days? I'm for it as long as it keeps prices low and helps GnF actually gain some additional revenue.

[quote name='RudyPants']I think I've found part of the problem with games taking forever to get here:

[/quote]
So, your advice is stop being stupid? :lol:

I don't tear the front label off of my GYG labels until I'm sealing it.

You have to wait for the date it lists under providers .. if you havent added it as your provider, go into providers on brightspot.tv and add it first, then you have to wait for the date, they'll transfer $10 to gamefly for the next month.

I went ahead and cancelled my Gamefly, 6-9 days each way is too much for me. Harry Potter actually took 12 days and they finally removed it from my list, I don't know if they received it though.

Holy shit. Little strange, but I sent 3 games in 2 days ago, and yesturday got an email saying 2 shipped. Usually takes at least 4 days. If they have a new distribution center in the SE, ill stick in with this for a little longer.

Wow, so I was gone this past week and yesterday when I got back I had 4 new items for me....But wait I have a 3 out plan... So I checked the site and the only things showing are the three older movies I wanted. Hmmm, I guess they just felt the need to reward me with a free copy of F.E.A.R for PS3.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']yea why do I get the distribution center in Kentucky ?

I live right next to mass o_O[/QUOTE]
For whatever reason, all the return envelopes go to Kentucky, but if you look at the actual game sleeve, you can see where it came from. I've got a distribution center about 30 minutes from here, and have gotten a couple items from them before.

[quote name='mvp828']Wow, so I was gone this past week and yesterday when I got back I had 4 new items for me....But wait I have a 3 out plan... So I checked the site and the only things showing are the three older movies I wanted. Hmmm, I guess they just felt the need to reward me with a free copy of F.E.A.R for PS3.[/QUOTE]
And another dishonest customer contributes to the reason Gameznflix is going down the drain, by exploiting an honest mistake.

Who am I to talk, though? I'd probably keep it too.

[quote name='jeremiahpreston']Anyone ever deal with gamerang? If so what do you think of the service?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this also, how are the shipping times for this and for others like GottaPlay? I tried Gamefly and I hated their service, so much so that I prefer GameznFlix. I was thinking of using one of the other rental services just to have more of a selection even if I have to pay more.

Had Gamerang for about a month or two, terrible service. It seems like all the video game rental places are pretty bad. (if you are from CT atleast)

[quote name='PyroGamer']And another dishonest customer contributes to the reason Gameznflix is going down the drain, by exploiting an honest mistake.[/quote]

haha... Hey it is their own fault, if this wasn't the first game in three months they sent to me, than I probably woulnd't care.

The good news is they finally show as in stock a lot of new(er) 360 games, like Overlord (only 3 months past the date they were saying). The bad news is that for the first time they didn't immediately ship out a new game as soon as they got the last one in, which concerns me considering all the complaints I have seen about their service degrading over time. (I have 14 games in the queue, for the record)

ive been with these guys for a while and it was all well but recently they are starting to lag, and i cant even find warhawk =[

They have been "okay" to me... They seem to receive my games within 1 day but since they have 1 day processing time it takes about 3-4 days to get a game to me. Since I am on the 3 game plan I usually am pretty busy with the other 2 games I currently have out so I don't have much to complain about. Only thing of note to add was that one game was sent to me broken in half [probably happened during shipping or atleast I hope so cause it would suck if Gameznflix kept games like that :p] just sent it back that way with a note and they shipped me the same game at the same pace as my other games. I have subscribed to Gamefly and Gamerang and Gamerang delivered about 1 day sooner and Gamefly is basically the same for me but Gameznflix is a hella lot cheaper...

So I guess it depends on your location.

Oh I usually have about 90+ queued up... Farthest down the list they sent me so far was #6 but my #1 and #2 are games listed as Low Availabilty.

I just cancelled. There's too many good games coming out to justify paying the money for this service knowing that I have zero chance of getting any new titles.

I'm cancelling right before my next payment date now. I had good service up to June which was my 6 month mark I believe, then it just went down hill fast. I started with the 3-plan then widdle down to 2 about half way through, and I've always kept a good number of games in my Q. Up till then the only problem I had was 1 returned lost game, which they quickly fixed. I'd gotten my share of a few new releases now and again with a mix of older titles. Which didn't bother me as I still wanted to play them.

But then of all of sudden I got 5 broken games in a row, 4 of which were cracked straight down the middle of the disc, and out of those 3 were all the same freaking title(I think they just kept shipping me the same broken disc I kept shipping back). I complained, and they gave me a free month of service to compensate, but that didn't matter since they didn't ship anything what so ever for that month. Then the day before the next bill date, right when I was about to cancel they ship me Lost Planet. WFT? Thats the newest game you could ship me? One thats been avaible and on my list since I began your service?!? Gee if they trying to entice me to stay you'd think they ship something newer than that. To top it off I still have 1 slot open and nothing.

So thats the final straw for me. With this level of service, the fact that it took 2 month plus for them to get Overlord or any other game release around that time, the fact that Bio Shock isn't even listed which means they might have it 6 months from now, and if you lucky you get it in a year or so. It's just foolishiness. I decided to try out Gamefly w/Brightspot thing and see how they are for my area.

My experience has been mostly positive with GNF so far. 95% of the time they ship a new movie/game the day after I return one. I've got over 80 titles in my queue, including a lot of older (low demand) movies and games and I've only had 2 times in 8 months where it's taken 1 more day to ship an item.

Yes, their selection is spotty, and it's frustrating how and when new releases show up (or don't, Night At The Museum, Bioshock, GRRRR!). But I logged in the the other day and there were several items that finally moved from my "on order" queue into my main queue. I thought they might be close to shutting down for a while, but that's hopefully a positive sign of life.

Overall, I've been a member since January, I've spent $91 and received 25 DVD's, 4 HD DVD's and 15 games, and only 1 defective item (disc cracked in half). So I'm averaging $2 per rental, and I'd probably be doing better than that if I had more time to play (I've had Marvel Ultimate Alliance since April, finally almost ready to send it back). I've seen no sign of "throttling". I may not be going through enough items to have triggered it yet, but most movies are returned within a day or two, games are the only thing I keep for an extended period of time.

So for me it's been a good service. Would I like to get more new releases? Sure. Would I like to have an interface that doesn't suck? Yup. But until someone else can provide me with 3 out at a time, games and movies, for a similar price, or I've finally played all the older games and seen all the movies that GNF sends me I'm content to stick with them.

What drove me nuts, is how long they actually take to acknowledge receipt of a game I sent back. There is no way the lag could be attributed to the mail, considering the destination of the games. We're talking two weeks in some cases. I think I may just get the GameRush all you can eat game pass. I've had nothing but good experience with them.

Woah they just totally changed their site... Currently in maintenance I assume because of the site changes... Let's see if they change the service they offer soon (crosses fingers)....

[quote name='TomoyoN']Woah they just totally changed their site... Currently in maintenance I assume because of the site changes... Let's see if they change the service they offer soon (crosses fingers)....[/quote]
When did they do this?

I just logged into it and saw it. Went onto here to post about it as of this moment but you beat me by 5 minutes. The main page has an annoying intro.

I guess they're not going under, huh? This is a huge rehaul.

[quote name='ajwho']When did they do this?

I just logged into it and saw it. Went onto here to post about it as of this moment but you beat me by 5 minutes. The main page has an annoying intro.

I guess they're not going under, huh? This is a huge rehaul.[/quote]

Probably did it Sunday night... I remember seeing something about the website not being available on Sunday night because of maintenance, guess they wanted people to be surprised...

As for the new look it looks decent but navigating the queue list is even MORE annoying that it was before... It does look nice because they include PICTURES of the game on your queue, but they made it within a frame that you can only see like 3-4 games at once without scrolling down INSIDE a frame which is REALLY annoying. Also like before loading time for the site was always kinda slow when loading up my queue list. Now its EVEN slower...

Yeah, so far the Web site looks a lot better but doesn't work yet. I tried logging in and it wouldn't let me add anything to my queue - it just logged me and so on.

The availability meter is a little easier to read. I hope that it actually sends items at the top of your queue instead of randomely, but I'm assuming not much will change except the look of the site.

[quote name='RudyPants']Yeah, so far the Web site looks a lot better but doesn't work yet. I tried logging in and it wouldn't let me add anything to my queue - it just logged me and so on.

The availability meter is a little easier to read. I hope that it actually sends items at the top of your queue instead of randomely, but I'm assuming not much will change except the look of the site.[/quote]

Actually the site is working for me... I have already deleted stuff and added stuff but occassionally it does give me that error page... Guess they still working out the kinks

I'm thinking about signing up for this service now that I have a Wii, PS3, 360, HD DVD, and Blu-ray.

Any chance any Colorado or surrounding state CAGs can comment on how the new releases are from the distribution center? I'd hate to sign up for this if I had NO chance of getting any new releases ever as far as games.

How is there Blu-ray & HD DVD selection?

Sounds like the discs break often in transit :) lol....

What the fuck? Since when do I have a fucking username? I always used to sign on with my fucking EMAIL ADDRESS!

Jesus fucking christ is this site messed the fuck up.

bread's done
Back