GBA Micro & Bundle for $59.97! Hurry, price mistake!!!

[quote name='Hollywood']Oh darn, cry cause u couldnt get one. LMAO[/QUOTE]

I hope you get screwed on the re-sale, hoarder.

[quote name='addicted2games']I just ordered two silver ones with black faceplates. One for me, one to give away for Christmas. So it was still in stock for me during the past five minutes. Came out to $70 bucks each, better than the store. Wish I was a member though.[/QUOTE]

You bastard :D - you were on nearly an hour after me and it definitely showed both "not available" for 10-20 minutes for me. Then I had to move on to family matters and couldn't check till now - NOW the item is completely gone from the site, just SP's up there now... Damn...

If they had a bunch of these, the price on Ebay should be dropping another few bucks in about a week when everyone that hoarded them dumps them.

I'd by the Famicom version if it showed up cheap just as a collector's item but I don't see the point of this system. It needs a lid to protect the screen...the Gameboy SP makes sense...fold it and stick it in your pocket and you don't scratch the screen all to hell.

[quote name='Rictor']
It needs a lid to protect the screen...the Gameboy SP makes sense...fold it and stick it in your pocket and you don't scratch the screen all to hell.[/QUOTE]

Faceplates are designed for that, but I understand what you mean. Still, it's sort of a decent compromise since you can easily replace them and still have a pristine screen, but having a clamshell design is far superior in the long run. I'll probably just put something akin to a PSP Playgear on mine, there's bound to be something like that available.

To Hollywood: No one cares that you bought four except that you bought them specifically to flip on eBay. But the problem there is that you'll be lucky to maybe get 5-10 bucks profit, and if other people are doing the same you'll get even less. So your margins just sunk like a rock. Therefore you should have just avoided it to begin with and let people who are actually going to use the thing buy it. No one here gives a shit or feels bad about not getting one, that's just a dream you are telling yourself, probably in an attempt to feel better once you realized just how little money you'll make back.

In effect you are screwing out people who would legitmately use them AND yourself since you'll be lucky to make a few bucks profit over a few weeks after going through a lot of hassle. You've already effectively tied yourself into a lose-lose situation. For all the trouble and time you're going to go through, your profit would equal an 8 hour shift at McDonalds.

Now I know you won't understand this and you'll retort with a "HAHAH WTF n00B HOW MUCH U WNT GOLD I BUY TOP $" comment, so there's no need for me to say much else.

more then likely, because it has a xx.97 price, it's NOT a mistake, but costco is looking to clear out their inventory of them. i don't think i've ever seen one B&M ever. that also means once they're sold out, they're sold out.

...or it could just be a promotion for the holiday season, just like they had for gamecube bundles last year going for the same price.

[quote name='JunkyardGod']more then likely, because it has a xx.97 price, it's NOT a mistake, but costco is looking to clear out their inventory of them. i don't think i've ever seen one B&M ever. that also means once they're sold out, they're sold out.

...or it could just be a promotion for the holiday season, just like they had for gamecube bundles last year going for the same price.[/QUOTE]
Yeh, it did say "Limited online offer" on the page when I went yesterday so I'm guessing it was a special sale. And Strell, don't worry too much about stuff like hoarders, just hope that someone on ebay screws them over and stiffs him on paypal after he ships. :bouncy:

[quote name='Troz1820']Sweet! Just checked my tracking and it's on the UPS truck for scheduled delivery today already![/QUOTE]

Post back when you get it and let me know what is in the bundle pack if you could.

Woah, I just looked at the tracking and it says it's coming from Ontario Canada, anyone else have the same origin for their orders?

[quote name='jjz203']Woah, I just looked at the tracking and it says it's coming from Ontario Canada, anyone else have the same origin for their orders?[/QUOTE]

Mine is... I thought it was sorta odd myself.

[quote name='kapkorn']Post back when you get it and let me know what is in the bundle pack if you could.[/QUOTE]
Will do.
[quote name='jjz203']Woah, I just looked at the tracking and it says it's coming from Ontario Canada, anyone else have the same origin for their orders?[/QUOTE]
It's Ontario, California.

[quote name='kapkorn']Mine is... I thought it was sorta odd myself.[/QUOTE]

It is from cali, not from canada. Man, you need to do something to improve your reading.

[quote name='chior']It is from cali, not from canada. Man, you need to do something to improve your reading.[/QUOTE]

The email I got just said Ontario, I didnt check the tracking number. How was I supposed to know there was an Ontario in California?

[quote name='kapkorn']The email I got just said Ontario, I didnt check the tracking number. How was I supposed to know there was an Ontario in California?[/QUOTE]

Geography

Mine still has "In Process" status. But that's okay. I had it shipped to my parents' house since it said 7-10 days and I'll be going there for Christmas. Now if only I could get that FFIV face plate... Play-Asia is the only place I've seen it and it's a pack in for a measely $195 +$12 shipping...

[quote name='Sleepkyng']sigh... can't a good deal exist without a bunch of jerks?[/QUOTE]

I hope you are all talking about the jerks who are getting four to sell on eBay and not the little rub about California vs. Canada. I thought that was rather funny and not demeaning at all. There are far worse things on here than someone saying CA=California and not Canada (CAN).

[quote name='Sleepkyng']then you hoped right.[/QUOTE]

Good. The ambiguity confused me. In that case, I concur. I did buy two, but one is a present.

BTW, these probably can't connect to the GCN. Is that correct?

If anyone wants mine for $70 plus actual shipping cost let me know, it comes in on Tuesday and I dont want it and dont want to have to return it when I am sure someone would like to have it.

FYI I just found 4 buyers for $110 apiece. Guess your little idea of me getting screwed didn't turn out. Sorry guys! LMAO

[quote name='Hollywood']FYI I just found 4 buyers for $110 apiece. Guess your little idea of me getting screwed didn't turn out. Sorry guys! LMAO[/QUOTE]

Does anyone care about your multimillion dollar business? no.

Does anyone want you to go away? yes...many I believe

[quote name='kapkorn']If anyone wants mine for $70 plus actual shipping cost let me know, it comes in on Tuesday and I dont want it and dont want to have to return it when I am sure someone would like to have it.[/QUOTE]

Dibs - sent PRIVMSG :)

[quote name='Troz1820']It comes in the standard Costco "video console bundle" giant blister pack.
Blister Pack Picture

The value pak is the Pelican value pak. Looks like ok stuff. Certainly a great deal for the bundle.
Value Pak picture (back)

Now to order the Micro->GBA cable converter from Nintendo do be able to play link games with this thing...[/QUOTE]
Nice! Cant wait to get mine. Hurry up Costco!

[quote name='Hollywood']FYI I just found 4 buyers for $110 apiece. Guess your little idea of me getting screwed didn't turn out. Sorry guys! LMAO[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm calling BS. Its not like these things are rare. EBgames.com and Best Buy.com both have them in stock for $89.99. I know my local Walmart has them in stock. No one would pay $110 for one. Unless you tricked them into thinking it was the 20th anniversary special edition.

yeah I just got shipping confirmation for my two micro systems. I got lucky! I ordered after it had been saying they were sold out for everybody else. Guess they had some cancellations.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Yeah I'm calling BS. Its not like these things are rare. EBgames.com and Best Buy.com both have them in stock for $89.99. I know my local Walmart has them in stock. No one would pay $110 for one. Unless you tricked them into thinking it was the 20th anniversary special edition.[/QUOTE]

It's possible, look at this listing (saw it posted on FW):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8243580253

People are paying over $120 shipped

According to the official nintendo site, www.gameboy.com , ALL gameboy micro's are limited edition, if you look on the website thats what it says, i just checked.

I just bought the limited 20th anniversary micro (from ebgames) and its very sweet.

It's not that you do or don't get screwed. It's that you're pathetic for putting in the effort for this little money. Maybe it's worth it to you. But in that case, guess what: you're poor. So you can LYPAOATWTTWO (laugh your poor ass all the way to the welfare office).

[quote name='illennium']It's not that you do or don't get screwed. It's that you're pathetic for putting in the effort for this little money. Maybe it's worth it to you. But in that case, guess what: you're poor. So you can LYPAOATWTTWO (laugh your poor ass all the way to the welfare office).[/QUOTE]

hahaha...seconded...I always laugh at all these ebayers acting like they have a business doing this kinda stuff and rub it in people's noses. People don't care about ur pathetic "business", and these are the types of inidiviudals that'd prob do ANYTHING to turn up a profit, if even a few bucks. Go get a job, or study and make some real money.

Yeah you people bitch about someone trying to make a little money. Like you havent sold your own games or rare games for money or stand outside for an XBox 360 to put on eBay.

I didn't say a damn thing, its just too bad some of you guys get offended about people trying to make some money. Money is money, it doesn't mean I'm poor, but if there's a quick way to make some I'm going to do it. I'm poor for wanting to make money? LOL. Then you try to justify it by saying 'oh jeez im too good to put the effort into it, thats pathetic' it takes 5 minutes to set up an auction and 10 minutes to goto the postal service and write the addresses on the premade free priority mail boxes and mail them. I stood out on black Friday trying to get a computer I really needed cheap, and people beat me to it. That's what happens, its America. Idealistically everyone could buy everything they wanted for the price out there but it doesn't happen.

bread's done
Back