Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried pre-ordering on Walmart.com because they said they had guaranteed release date delivery, but I don't see any option for that at checkout.

Is there something special I need to do here to get the game on release day?

[quote name='Wedgie']I tried pre-ordering on Walmart.com because they said they had guaranteed release date delivery, but I don't see any option for that at checkout.

Is there something special I need to do here to get the game on release day?[/QUOTE]

I dont know I tried doing it to see what the problem is and all I see is One Day Shipping same as Release Date Delivery but it costs $10. Way to fail Walmart. I would stay away from Walmart and stick with Amazon if you want the Gift Card and try swapping for the Multiplayer Skin. Thats about the best advice I could give you because I just added everything up and it would cost about $75 to get the Standard Edition with Shipping and Tax. The funny part about that is I chose In Store Pickup duing Midnight Release. So basically if this is the case you are only getting a $5 Gift Card. Hope I helped you out some.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I dont know I tried doing it to see what the problem is and all I see is One Day Shipping same as Release Date Delivery but it costs $10. Way to fail Walmart. I would stay away from Walmart and stick with Amazon if you want the Gift Card and try swapping for the Multiplayer Skin. Thats about the best advice I could give you because I just added everything up and it would cost about $75 to get the Standard Edition with Shipping and Tax. The funny part about that is I chose In Store Pickup duing Midnight Release. So basically if this is the case you are only getting a $5 Gift Card. Hope I helped you out some.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll just pre-order it with the free shipping to get the exclusive character skin and $20 gift card and then just buy a copy of it at midnight, then return the copy I receive whenever it ships to me.

That's about the only way I see myself getting it on release day and getting the pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='Wedgie']I guess I'll just pre-order it with the free shipping to get the exclusive character skin and $20 gift card and then just buy a copy of it at midnight, then return the copy I receive whenever it ships to me.

That's about the only way I see myself getting it on release day and getting the pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Good idea.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Good idea.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that does sound tempting...

If you did it which ones would you get? My preorder is at GS so I've already got Dom, but I honestly can't decide between Savage Grenadier Elite or Savage Kantus... what do you guys think?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VAL@CAG']Hmm, that does sound tempting...

If you did it which ones would you get? My preorder is at GS so I've already got Dom, but I honestly can't decide between Savage Grenadier Elite or Savage Kantus... what do you guys think?!?![/QUOTE]

I would not preorder from Walmart at all. Let me do a little math for you thinking about preorder Gears of War 3 from Walmart.com to get the $20 Gift Card and Savage Grenadier. It is no longer Savage Grenadier Elite. This is what I would have to pay if I bought the Standard Edition at Walmart. So to answer your question go get Mechanic Baird at Best Buy when they announce the preorder bonus. That way you can have both Dom and Baird. I am getting Dom as well and would like to have Baird because I like playing as the COG. The comments they make when you Kill or Reload are 10X better than the Locust just saying Destroooooy or Serve the Queeeeen.

$60 - Game
$5 - Tax (Tax varies from state to state.)
$10 Release Date Delivery (That is supposed to be $1.00)
$75 - Total

- $20 Gift Card (That you cant use on your preorder.)

$55 - Total (Basically you are only saving $5. Tax varies.)

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I would not preorder from Walmart at all. Let me do a little math for you thinking about preorder Gears of War 3 from Walmart.com to get the $20 Gift Card and Savage Grenadier. It is no longer Savage Grenadier Elite. This is what I would have to pay if I bought the Standard Edition at Walmart. So to answer your question go get Mechanic Baird at Best Buy when they announce the preorder bonus. That way you can have both Dom and Baird. I am getting Dom as well and would like to have Baird because I like playing as the COG. The comments they make when you Kill or Reload are 10X better than the Locust just saying Destroooooy or Serve the Queeeeen.

$60 - Game
$75 - Total

$55 - Total (Basically you are only saving $5. Tax varies.)[/QUOTE]

Well with the way I mentioned you'd still be getting the game on release day for "free" plus the full $20 gift card. But like you said I'd never pre-order from Walmart but I liked the pre-order character more than any of the others.

[quote name='Wedgie']Well with the way I mentioned you'd still be getting the game on release day for "free" plus the full $20 gift card. But like you said I'd never pre-order from Walmart but I liked the pre-order character more than any of the others.[/QUOTE]

I still like your idea. I wish alot of people would take your idea to heart and would go do it. I just posted that to warn people about what might happen if they decided to do the online route. Release Date Delivery was $1 but they raised it to $10. I dont know why they did but they probably wanted to make up for the $20 Gift Card and make it look like you are getting a good deal when you really are not getting a good deal at all.

I like the Savage Grenadier and I like the Savage Kantus but since I never really play as the Locust unless it is going to be in Beast Mode or Multiplayer I have no use for them. I really dont even have a use for Commando Dom but I still am going to use the code. I would like to get Mechanic Baird also but Best Buy is to far from me.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']@h3mi r4m: looks like savage grenadier elite is still included with walmart preorder?[/QUOTE]

Walmart still has the Savage Grenadier Elite but it is now called the Savage Grenadier because if you look on the Xbox Dashboard it will have an ad about Gears 3 at Walmart and it will mention it on there. Same character just different name.

[quote name='traxstar']will toysrus have the system?[/QUOTE]

I dont think so. If they do it will probably be higher.

[quote name='aceattorney']I really wish Amazon would sell the NECA chainsaw Lancer in gold to tie-in with GOW3.[/QUOTE]

They wont. Its UK Exclusive. Unless it is a Private Seller and who knows how much they would want for it. Lol.

Just finished paying off my epic edition at Gamestop last night. I'd like to get the lancer bundle too, but I just can't justify a purchase like that what with everything coming out this fall, and that after 10 minutes of messing with it, it will just sit in a corner and collet dust. Oh well, can't wait for Sept. 20th

FLASH FWD... CAGs How do you see your day going 9/20 or starting at 9/19 11:59pm?

I see my self inline at GS or BB or walmart might to all 3 if they have a midnight spc. give away like GS did with GOW2.
I see my PTO being used at least 2 days. I want to run through the Story single player or co-op so the end isn't told to me in MP. That's release night! then release day Ill be all MP. WOOOOO!

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']
$60 - Game
$75 - Total

$55 - Total (Basically you are only saving $5. Tax varies.)[/QUOTE]

It's the same thing with Gamestop if you are trying to do the reto-lancer deal save $20. my gamestop will not do instore. you save $20 online but release date delivery for me was $12

[quote name='knightsmith']FLASH FWD... CAGs How do you see your day going 9/20 or starting at 9/19 11:59pm?

I see my self inline at GS or BB or walmart might to all 3 if they have a midnight spc. give away like GS did with GOW2.
I see my PTO being used at least 2 days. I want to run through the Story single player or co-op so the end isn't told to me in MP. That's release night! then release day Ill be all MP. WOOOOO![/QUOTE]

Co-op with a Friend for 2P co-op to get Insane Difficulty and Unlockables.
In Game Rewards and Avatar Awards
Co-op with my Clan for 4P Co-op to get the Achievements and Unlockables.

Beast mode and Horde mode.
In Game Rewards and Avatar Awards
Multiplayer.

I am going to go after as many achievements as I can. I heard that what you did in the beta will carry over to the retail. So if thats the case I am already like Level 30 so I should get all the Multiplayer Experience Achievements to Level 25. I am not trying to sound like an Achievement Hunter here. I am just trying to develop a road map I can follow and so can anybody else who wants the quickest way to unlock everything. In case you forgot Gears of War 3 will also have In Game Rewards and Avatar Awards for a few of the Achievements and I want to get as much as these as I can before (Like you said) Somebody ruins it in MP.

[quote name='knightsmith']It's the same thing with Gamestop if you are trying to do the reto-lancer deal save $20. my gamestop will not do instore. you save $20 online but release date delivery for me was $12[/QUOTE]

Not really. In a way its the same but what I was talking about is the $1.00 Release Date Delivery which was ADVERTISED but changed to One Day Shipping for $9.00 more. If people who Preoder the Standard Edition from Walmart dont pay attention to the details they can end up not getting their game for like a week or have to pay extra to get it the next day. But if you are like @Wedgie and want to get the MP Skin and the $20 Gift Card you can go ahead and Preorder the game from Walmart.com, Pick one up at the Midnight Release, and Return the one from the Online Preorder. I think its a great idea myself. Way to go @Wedgie.

[quote name='aceattorney']I really wish Amazon would sell the NECA chainsaw Lancer in gold to tie-in with GOW3.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting both Lancers! For the gold one I'm having to send money to a buddy of mine via Western Union who will be starting a PLAY.com account - the only place that's selling it in the UK - and having it shipped to him. Then he's going to FEDEX it to me once he receives it...
Go to PLAY.com and do a search for the 'Gold Retro Lancer' - then find someone to order, recieve, and send to you. There are even companies that will do that for you, but it will cost.

It probably won't be long before you'll be able buy it on EBay at an extra price also...

that's great but play.com only has the gold retro lancer for the uk. they have gametrader.com.au for australia but they said only 300 for them and you have Blockbuster Mexico will sell both the Reg. & Gold retro lancer. so if you know someone south of the border you may get a better deal.

*****Ps if you want the gears E3 tee's they just go some more in at hottopic or you can go through Amazon. but it still comes from hottopic.

I was all set about getting the Gears3 console, but after Amazon has a 4gb w/Kinect for $200 (after GC) it just seems like a huge waste of money.

I guess there is a small chance for a 360 price drop before it releases or that Amazon would add some type of GC to it.

[quote name='knightsmith']nice walmart deal pre-order the controller & game (SE) get $15 off and the $20 giftcard yes you still get the MP Skin. Still have the prob with release delivery http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gears-of-War-3-w-Bonus-Limited-Edition-Controller/16874038[/QUOTE]

I will add this to the first post.

[quote name='knightsmith']
*****Ps if you want the gears E3 tee's they just go some more in at hottopic or you can go through Amazon. but it still comes from hottopic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting everybody know they are back in stock. To bad they dont have any 2X in stock. I would like to get one but I wear 2X. I wonder how big the 3X is and if it could be shrunk any to fit.

[quote name='deantjeep']Just ordered a couple of shirts from Hot Topic![/QUOTE]

Do they have any 2X. Lol. I want the Beta Tester shirt. Lol

they are out of 2xl they still had 3xl about an hour ago. I'm sure they will be hitting ebay soon. and with so many of them hitting ebay you might be able to break= . shipping and tax took me from 21.50 to 27.88

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Do they have any 2X. Lol. I want the Beta Tester shirt. Lol[/QUOTE]

I purchased 2, XL shirts. Theydon't have any 2XL, but they do have 3XL. The Beta Tester shirt is nice......good luck on that one!

[quote name='knightsmith']they are out of 2xl they still had 3xl about an hour ago. I'm sure they will be hitting ebay soon. and with so many of them hitting ebay you might be able to break= . shipping and tax took me from 21.50 to 27.88[/QUOTE]

I like the shirt but Im not paying close to $30 for it. The most I ever paid for a shirt was like $15 and that was a short sleeve dress shirt on sale for high school graduation. Lol.

[quote name='deantjeep']I purchased 2, XL shirts. Theydon't have any 2XL, but they do have 3XL. The Beta Tester shirt is nice......good luck on that one![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Lol.

I kind of want to pre-order from both Walmart and Amazon and just return the Walmart game and keep the multiplayer character skin.

[quote name='Wedgie']I kind of want to pre-order from both Walmart and Amazon and just return the Walmart game and keep the multiplayer character skin.[/QUOTE]

Y not that's what I did already

[quote name='knightsmith']Y not that's what I did already[/QUOTE]

The only problem is whether or not the Grenadier skin code gets emailed to you or if it's packaged in with the game.

Well, I wasn't going to, but I did it. I just pre-ordered the Gears of War console bundle from Best Buy. That console just looks so cool. The controllers are cool too. I already have 2 360s set up in my home. I have 3 PS3, so I figured I needed to even the odds. So, is everyone else jumping on the band wagon and ordering the console bundle?
I already pre-ordered the Limited Edition Lancer bundle from GS. And an extra Lancer.
Is everyone else jacked up about Gears too?

[quote name='deantjeep']Well, I wasn't going to, but I did it. I just pre-ordered the Gears of War console bundle from Best Buy. That console just looks so cool. The controllers are cool too. I already have 2 360s set up in my home. I have 3 PS3, so I figured I needed to even the odds. So, is everyone else jumping on the band wagon and ordering the console bundle?
I already pre-ordered the Limited Edition Lancer bundle from GS. And an extra Lancer.
Is everyone else jacked up about Gears too?[/QUOTE]

If you dont use Mechanic Baird could I have it. Lol.

[quote name='Wedgie']Anybody know whether the pre-order bonus character code is emailed or packaged in with the game?[/QUOTE]
From the Gears of War 3 Forums;

I emailed Walmart about it and they said it will be either emailed, or put on the confirmation receipt that your package has shipped. It won't be in the package.

Source

I'd be more curious if you can return a Walmart.com order to any Walmart store, since you'd have to open the box up if the code is on the receipt. If the box is open, you'd have to pay to return-ship it.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'd be more curious if you can return a Walmart.com order to any Walmart store, since you'd have to open the box up if the code is on the receipt. If the box is open, you'd have to pay to return-ship it.[/QUOTE]

My experience is yes - I've returned a few unopened games from walmart.com to random stores in the area without any hassle. A couple of them even had an external dlc card (Mortal Kombat preorders had a dlc card on the outside of the game as did ME2 I think).

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'd be more curious if you can return a Walmart.com order to any Walmart store, since you'd have to open the box up if the code is on the receipt. If the box is open, you'd have to pay to return-ship it.[/QUOTE]

4 real! yes you can return any item that you got from walmart.com to any walmart. you can open the box that the game ships in. you just can't open the game. if you open the game they will only let you get the same game unopened.

[quote name='deantjeep']Well, I wasn't going to, but I did it. I just pre-ordered the Gears of War console bundle from Best Buy. That console just looks so cool. The controllers are cool too. I already have 2 360s set up in my home. I have 3 PS3, so I figured I needed to even the odds. So, is everyone else jumping on the band wagon and ordering the console bundle?
Is everyone else jacked up about Gears too?[/QUOTE]

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I've got the Epic Edition along with the Retro Lancer, and I'm also getting the GOLD Retro Lancer from the UK! I'm not too impressed with the Gears console so I'm gonna have to pass 'cause I've already got 2 Modded Slim consoles that look super-sweet and 2 PS3's that don't get much play except for exclusive-titles.

I've got some good ideas for modifying the Gears console so it'll look better - but we'll have to see...

[quote name='deantjeep']OP, if you are still looking for the Gears shirt from Hot Topics in 2XL, they now have them back in stock![/QUOTE]

:whee:Thank you.

[quote name='vashtheowner']Does anyone know if Kmart is going to have the system? Been looking around this and the kmart thread but I don't see anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge. They may have later.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']I CAN'T WAIT!!! I've got the Epic Edition along with the Retro Lancer, and I'm also getting the GOLD Retro Lancer from the UK! I'm not too impressed with the Gears console so I'm gonna have to pass 'cause I've already got 2 Modded Slim consoles that look super-sweet and 2 PS3's that don't get much play except for exclusive-titles. I've got some good ideas for modifying the Gears console so it'll look better - but we'll have to see...[/QUOTE]

Please tell me it is a console mod and not a system mod. I can not stand people who use modded consoles in multiplayer. Dont get me wrong if it is a fun mod that other people can enjoy like the Original Xbox and Halo 2 mods where the Pistol shot out Tanks. I like those my friends and I used to have a lot of fun out of them. I remember playing on Blood Gultch using the Pistol to shoot Tanks (Pistol shot out Tanks) off the roof of Blue Base across the map and over to Red Base picking up a few Splatters along the way. Lol. Of course all of this was done offline on a different Xbox just for fun inside Private Games. Lol.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I've got the Epic Edition along with the Retro Lancer, and I'm also getting the GOLD Retro Lancer from the UK! I'm not too impressed with the Gears console so I'm gonna have to pass 'cause I've already got 2 Modded Slim consoles that look super-sweet and 2 PS3's that don't get much play except for exclusive-titles.

I've got some good ideas for modifying the Gears console so it'll look better - but we'll have to see...[/QUOTE]

Good for you! Sounds great! I wish I could get the gold lancer too, but oh well. If I were to do a mod on the console, I would just make sure that it is reverseable, so that it can be put back in it's original condition. Collectors usually don't like stuff that has been changed or altered in any way and it's value would drop (that is if you even care about that). I plan to use my console, but also keep as a collectable.

[quote name='knightsmith']FLASH FWD... CAGs How do you see your day going 9/20 or starting at 9/19 11:59pm?

I see my PTO being used at least 2 days. I want to run through the Story single player or co-op so the end isn't told to me in MP. That's release night! then release day Ill be all MP. WOOOOO![/QUOTE]

That sounds like EXACTLY what I'll be doing!

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Should I feel bad that I preordered the Gears console and the Epic edition game?[/QUOTE]

If by bad you mean badass, then yes.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']:whee:Thank you.

Not to my knowledge. They may have later.

Please tell me it is a console mod and not a system mod. I can not stand people who use modded consoles in multiplayer. Dont get me wrong if it is a fun mod that other people can enjoy like the Original Xbox and Halo 2 mods where the Pistol shot out Tanks. I like those my friends and I used to have a lot of fun out of them. I remember playing on Blood Gultch using the Pistol to shoot Tanks (Pistol shot out Tanks) off the roof of Blue Base across the map and over to Red Base picking up a few Splatters along the way. Lol. Of course all of this was done offline on a different Xbox just for fun inside Private Games. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's a console mod, I don't believe in system mods... I'll have to try and get a picture up...

Here are 2 pics!

I had never realized until today that the Retro Lancer is actually in the opening cinematic of Gears of War 2. Amazing how they tied that in without even featuring it in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back