Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hustletron']I'm tempted to buy at WalMart for that price but it doesn't come with a play and charge kit!!![/QUOTE]

i've had all 3 play and charge kits i've had, break on me, within months of using them, they just stop working, or get loose and have to wiggle them for them to charge, and i dont really do anything besides use them, that should warrant them malfunctioning so easy. i'll never buy another one of those cables again personally.

The Gears of War 3 controllers officially released Tuesday of this week. Originally it was announced they were releasing on the date of the game, but for some reason they let them go a month early. If you knew someone at a game store you might have been able to get it a few days before Tuesday.

Also, if you do the Walmart Gears of War 3 + Limited Edition Controller deal you don't get charged tax on the full $99 purchase. Instead, they charge you tax on $79 dollars, and charge you for the $20 giftcard. So your cart will read something like;
_ $20 e-Gift Card - $20
+ Gears of War 3 - $47.39
+ Xbox 360 Gears Controller - $31.61
------
Initial Total = $99
Tax = [Your state tax] x $79
Final Total = $99 + Tax

Plus it has free shipping.

Game Stops had them on sale like a week before release date. I picked mine up Monday, and it was hanging behind the desk in plain sight. No idea what happened with the release date, but I don't mind.

Anyone have any experience they'd be willing to share about WalMart and preordered games on release day? Thinking about getting the controller game bundle, but if I have to wait I don't know.

Is anyone getting multiple copies of this game, just to get the dlc? Hope I'm not the only one.:roll: I think I have a bit of a addiction problem with dlc.;) :lol:

Gow3 Limited ed. - bestbuy
Gow3 std. ed. - Walmart bundle
Gow3 std. ed. - Gamestop

Have to wait a little bit longer for the amazon one.

Sorry quick question, I don't want to read through 30+ pages of comments...does the Gears 3 controller come with code for all of the infected Omen weapon skin? the same one that comes with the Epic edition of the game? I really want the Omen weapon pack but do not want to spend $150 on the epic edition of the game. Thank you all!!

[quote name='klam173']Sorry quick question, I don't want to read through 30+ pages of comments...does the Gears 3 controller come with code for all of the infected Omen weapon skin? the same one that comes with the Epic edition of the game? I really want the Omen weapon pack but do not want to spend $150 on the epic edition of the game. Thank you all!![/QUOTE]
Yes, I have the controller and can confirm this.

Thanks man! I guess I will be buying the controller and game from Walmart now...thanks again!!

[quote name='Master Troll']Yes, I have the controller and can confirm this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Darkhate']Is anyone getting multiple copies of this game, just to get the dlc? Hope I'm not the only one.:roll: I think I have a bit of a addiction problem with dlc.;) :lol:

Gow3 Limited ed. - bestbuy
Gow3 std. ed. - Walmart bundle
Gow3 std. ed. - Gamestop

Have to wait a little bit longer for the amazon one.[/QUOTE]

I was debating it, but Epic has already confirmed that the retailer specific pre-order characters will all be available as DLC, so no need to do all the extra leg work just to save a few MS Points (which can easily be had through Bing Rewards).

[quote name='nuuuuj']I was debating it, but Epic has already confirmed that the retailer specific pre-order characters will all be available as DLC, so no need to do all the extra leg work just to save a few MS Points (which can easily be had through Bing Rewards).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, Guess I will be holding off for the amazon one, then.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I don't know where to pre-order. I found this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzXS_vEq3Y0&feature=channel_video_title
Someone check it out and tell me if you think it's possible to do what this guy says.[/QUOTE]

I've seen this video float around a few times. Its definitely possible, your best bet would be to order the copy you want to keep from Amazon, and then do the returns for the other three retailers.

BUT, you're assuming one big thing, that the codes will either be e-mailed or on separate DLC cards outside of the packaging. Even if just one of them isn't, you're potentially stuck with an extra copy.

Epic has already said the pre-order characters will be DLC, so why bother with the headaches. Just my two cents.

[quote name='nuuuuj']I've seen this video float around a few times. Its definitely possible, your best bet would be to order the copy you want to keep from Amazon, and then do the returns for the other three retailers.

BUT, you're assuming one big thing, that the codes will either be e-mailed or on separate DLC cards outside of the packaging. Even if just one of them isn't, you're potentially stuck with an extra copy.

Epic has already said the pre-order characters will be DLC, so why bother with the headaches. Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

I've said this at least 5 times on here but I'll say it again:

It's quite unlikely as I've only seen it happen with LA Noire, but I tried buying different copies of LA Noire from different retailers for all the DLC then just return them.

The DLC was packaged in the cases for one, and two, the UPCs on the games were all different based on retailer so my Amazon copy could not be returned to Gamestop.

I'm hoping neither of the above is the case as I've preordered from Amazon, Bestbuy, and I'm going to WalMart at midnight to pick up a copy in hopes I can still get a DLC code from WalMart without preordering and just showing up at midnight.

EDIT: I just listened to this guy, he sounds like he's a genius by stating the obvious, except for the fact that everything he is saying is pure speculation. I didn't know Epic said they would be DLC eventually but you could either deal with the "head ache" how big or small of a head ache has obviously yet to be seen, or you could pay the MSP to download them at a later date.

[quote name='nuuuuj']I've seen this video float around a few times. Its definitely possible, your best bet would be to order the copy you want to keep from Amazon, and then do the returns for the other three retailers.

Epic has already said the pre-order characters will be DLC, so why bother with the headaches. Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

ooh ok if Epic said that then good. Ill go to BB and try for the 5 for $100 thing. Do you have a link to Epic confiriming that?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']ooh ok if Epic said that then good. Ill go to BB and try for the 5 for $100 thing. Do you have a link to Epic confiriming that?[/QUOTE]

I did, but I'm at work, so its blocked. Go on forums.epicgames.com and you should be able to see it.

[quote name='hustletron']I've said this at least 5 times on here but I'll say it again:

It's quite unlikely as I've only seen it happen with LA Noire, but I tried buying different copies of LA Noire from different retailers for all the DLC then just return them.

The DLC was packaged in the cases for one, and two, the UPCs on the games were all different based on retailer so my Amazon copy could not be returned to Gamestop.

I'm hoping neither of the above is the case as I've preordered from Amazon, Bestbuy, and I'm going to WalMart at midnight to pick up a copy in hopes I can still get a DLC code from WalMart without preordering and just showing up at midnight.

EDIT: I just listened to this guy, he sounds like he's a genius by stating the obvious, except for the fact that everything he is saying is pure speculation. I didn't know Epic said they would be DLC eventually but you could either deal with the "head ache" how big or small of a head ache has obviously yet to be seen, or you could pay the MSP to download them at a later date.[/QUOTE]

LA Noire had that problem, so did Mortal Kombat, and both of them ended up being DLC less than a month later. Bottom line is, if you're that anxious and willing to take the risk, go for it.

[quote name='nuuuuj']

I did, but I'm at work, so its blocked. Go on forums.epicgames.com and you should be able to see it.[/QUOTE]

That's cool if you could link it to me later that would be great. i also have to go to work soon.:roll: Well atleast it's pay day :D

Change of topic. Has anyone tried to enter their Infected Omen code on XBL? I've seen some posts claiming that it doesnt work yet, so just curious what others have experienced.

[quote name='Master Troll']Nice find but Walmart has the game/controller bundle with the $20 e-gift card for $99. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gears-of-War-3-w-Bonus-Limited-Edition-Controller/16874038[/QUOTE]

I just got a good idea.

Buy the walmart $99 bundle, sell the copy of the game on ebay for 50. Buy my limited edition from BB/Amazon.

This way id get the LE, Controller, 20 gift card, and 2 MP skins for 130 out of my pocket. Thats 10 bucks cheaper than buying the controller + LE on their own. Even after taxes, ebay charges, that might eat the 10 dollar profit, id still be left with the 20 dollar gift card which i could use on a cheap game or MS points.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nuuuuj']LA Noire had that problem, so did Mortal Kombat, and both of them ended up being DLC less than a month later. Bottom line is, if you're that anxious and willing to take the risk, go for it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that with MK, I just hope it's as easy as that guy says.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I don't know where to pre-order. I found this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzXS_vEq3Y0&feature=channel_video_title
Someone check it out and tell me if you think it's possible to do what this guy says.[/QUOTE]
Further proof that Youtube is aiding the decline of the intelligence in society. First, this guy tells you nothing new, as people have been posting this idea in this very thread for weeks now.

Second, this guy talks as if he's never heard of Amazon before. He speaks like it's some new, untrustworthy website.

Finally, you can't just return it to Walmart. They intentionally are charging you $20 for the e-gift card they're giving out with any pre-order of Gears of War 3, so you will not simply get $60 back. The same applies to Amazon, as their rules with the $20 promotional credit are the same; if you return your order, the $20 promotional credit is deducted from your $60 return, meaning you lose $20 and are forced to keep the Amazon credit. That means that you'd get your $40 back, and have to keep a $20 Amazon or Walmart credit.

That may not be an issue if you buy regularly from Amazon or Walmart online, but this is important to consider. You will not get a full refund at either store.

As for Best Buy or GameStop, I'm uncertain what Best Buy will do, but you can be certain that the employee you try to pull this on at GameStop will give you a confrontation about it. It's actually more important at GameStop to secure pre-orders than it is to sell used games, which means you're potentially jeopardizing an employee's job simply for a DLC character that you probably won't use too frequently as you unlock other characters.

Just pick the skin you like and order from that store. Or just sell your multiple copies online.

And whoever is saying that the pre-order skins are confirmed to be DLC later, post a link or retract your comment. I've checked Epic's Forum and see no such post under any of the Gears of War threads.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Change of topic. Has anyone tried to enter their Infected Omen code on XBL? I've seen some posts claiming that it doesnt work yet, so just curious what others have experienced.[/QUOTE]

Yes it works, I have entered my code.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Further proof that Youtube is aiding the decline of the intelligence in society. First, this guy tells you nothing new, as people have been posting this idea in this very thread for weeks now.

Second, this guy talks as if he's never heard of Amazon before. He speaks like it's some new, untrustworthy website.

Finally, you can't just return it to Walmart. They intentionally are charging you $20 for the e-gift card they're giving out with any pre-order of Gears of War 3, so you will not simply get $60 back. The same applies to Amazon, as their rules with the $20 promotional credit are the same; if you return your order, the $20 promotional credit is deducted from your $60 return, meaning you lose $20 and are forced to keep the Amazon credit. That means that you'd get your $40 back, and have to keep a $20 Amazon or Walmart credit.

That may not be an issue if you buy regularly from Amazon or Walmart online, but this is important to consider. You will not get a full refund at either store.

As for Best Buy or GameStop, I'm uncertain what Best Buy will do, but you can be certain that the employee you try to pull this on at GameStop will give you a confrontation about it. It's actually more important at GameStop to secure pre-orders than it is to sell used games, which means you're potentially jeopardizing an employee's job simply for a DLC character that you probably won't use too frequently as you unlock other characters.

Just pick the skin you like and order from that store. Or just sell your multiple copies online.

And whoever is saying that the pre-order skins are confirmed to be DLC later, post a link or retract your comment. I've checked Epic's Forum and see no such post under any of the Gears of War threads.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the dude is kind of a tool.

I've bought something from Amazon and had it returned, I think due to too many delivery attempts, I purchased the item with Amazon credit, they did not refund the credit when the item got returned.

The CSR I spoke with in chat stated that because my item was purchased using a gift card/store credit they do not refund that. Something to keep in mind if you plan on using a GC and returning to Amazon.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Just got that and walmart separated the orders on the account page. Hopefully the controller is shipped out soon.[/QUOTE]

They did for me. Controller should be here tomorrow.

Im going to have 2 Infected Omen Weapons Skin packs, EDIT: I have one traded off now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Ebbtide']Further proof that Youtube is aiding the decline of the intelligence in society. First, this guy tells you nothing new, as people have been posting this idea in this very thread for weeks now.

And whoever is saying that the pre-order skins are confirmed to be DLC later, post a link or retract your comment. I've checked Epic's Forum and see no such post under any of the Gears of War threads.[/QUOTE]

Last time I returned a pre-ordered game from Amazon they just deducted the $20 credit from my account and refunded the full $60.

I don't really care for Gears, but this is a really amazing deal. Getting a AAA game for forty bucks at a Walmart or Amazon is great. Got Madden 12 from Amazon, still not overboard on Gears 3, though. Didn't play the multiplayer demo, will try to look at vids, etc.

Nah i posted the video to see if this people here could confirm this be possible. I haven't read previous posts so my bad. I'll stick to BB since I plan on doing the 5 for $100 thing. As for everyone being dlc that is up in the air. I looked and also couldn't find shit. I can only hope that these people becme dlc seeing as Baird is the wackest one in the group.

The controller is alright. I wouldn't pay more than I what I did pay and I plan on selling my omens weapon code too. The red of the controller is more of a maroon I would say. And the front of it is a glossy finish. I like my Silver controller more but this will still be nice to have since my Red controller's left analog stick is wandering. Is there a way to fix that?

[quote name='FurryCurry']The controller is alright. I wouldn't pay more than I what I did pay and I plan on selling my omens weapon code too. The red of the controller is more of a maroon I would say. And the front of it is a glossy finish. I like my Silver controller more but this will still be nice to have since my Red controller's left analog stick is wandering. Is there a way to fix that?[/QUOTE]

having that same problem with the analog on one of my pads, thinking of trying to unscrew the whole thing and maybe take the analog out of a different broken pad and swap them...

Everyone gives the pre-order DLC with the consoles now

As far as Best Buy's DLC goes, who knows. I have seen them do actual cardboard voucher cards (Like with L.A Noire), actual In-Pack codes, or just emailing the codes out. (I'd hope it isnt the latter, because i NEVER got my DLC codes through email unless i ordered from the site, otherwise i always had to call Customer Service)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Then again, i wouldn’t be surprised if the DLC just ended up on Live a month or two later. Doubt i'll be using anyone aside from Cole and Anya[/QUOTE]Actually, MS related preorder DLC rarely seems to land on the marketplace.

Anyhow, wish I could help you on Baird but Its the one I want... Granted, I'll wait a few days and if I see an outrageous price on eBay I might go without a mechanic Baird myself.

[quote name='dgwillia006']As far as Best Buy's DLC goes, who knows. I have seen them do actual cardboard voucher cards (Like with L.A Noire), actual In-Pack codes, or just emailing the codes out. (I'd hope it isnt the latter, because i NEVER got my DLC codes through email unless i ordered from the site, otherwise i always had to call Customer Service)[/QUOTE]

Its via email. (At least that's what the Best Buy website is saying.)

Lol yeah, my friend was already planning to buy a copy from each retailer just to sell off the codes. I would doubt him, but he made off pretty well after Dissidia 012 came out on the PSP. (Made close to 400$ just from 5 codes)

Either way, i might throw down a pre-order for just the game at Best Buy, then see if i can return it later.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol yeah, my friend was already planning to buy a copy from each retailer just to sell off the codes. I would doubt him, but he made off pretty well after Dissidia 012 came out on the PSP. (Made close to 400$ just from 5 codes)[/QUOTE]I hear him. I made 85 dollars on Mortal Kombat codes without really trying to.

I plan on getting the controller+Gears3+20GC deal from walmart for 99, and then the LE from Best buy, and selling the walmart regular game on ebay. Im also thinking of buying a regular copy from amazon for the pre order skin, 20 credit, and then selling the game on ebay. So id be selling 2 on ebay. But do you think id be able to get at least 50 for the game on ebay right after release day? I could make 10 dollars per copy if they sell for 50 and they pay for shipping. I think the worst case is i end up doing all this work for no profit, but still end up getting the DLC outfits. Too bad gamestop isnt giving out 20 dollars credit otherwise i might have ordered it from there too. But i dont see any reason not to do this i should be able to make my money back or more i think. Unless people wont buy it on ebay for 50+ because they could have pre ordered it and got 20 back via credit or gift cards. You think so?

Maybe someone out there would trade the commando dom code for one from another store, so i can order 2 from that store and get one for me and one to trade for commando dom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back