Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sold a kantus code for $46 and the adam fenix code for $28. I don't play much multi, so these codes would go to waste. Honestly, this is how I fund my gaming. I also sold the deus ex tact enh pack for $24. The shotgun looked cool, but not $24 cool.

I require payment within 3 days and everyone has paid up. Luckily, I have a good rep for sending codes quickly.

[quote name='kylerg']Beware. Paypal will refund anything the buyer complains about.[/QUOTE]

this. make sure you mail the codes on a piece of paper or something.

are ppl selling preorder promises online then? it's still quite a ways away.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the consensus on WalMart and BB? Do they email codes, have them on receipts or are they packaged within the game case?

Also, if you order from WalMart or BB online, do you have to return the game online or can you return it at the B&M store?

[quote name='hustletron']The guy that took my preorder said they are starting to mail out preorder codes, he said it was what they did with a few recent new releases that just came out, think he mentioned Madden but I can't remember.

I think the receipt also mentioned that they would email the code as well, just wish I knew when.

Either way I didn't plan on opening any of my copies till I find out if the UPCs are the same or not, I'm going to be playing my WalMart copy at midnight.[/QUOTE]

I believe you but sometimes employees will only read what's off of the website and in the past I remember games where the code was to be offered via email only to end up being packed inside the game. So there's a chance the info could be inaccurate. We won't know until the midnight release for sure.

[quote name='MillionBlades']Just pre-ordered GOW 3 on Amazon.com and wondering if Release-Date Delivery really works... I live in Massachusetts[/QUOTE]

Works pretty well for me here in Kentucky, I've gotten every new release day game I've ordered on my front porch around noon - 4pm. Of course, this depends on how late the UPS truck runs on your street, so take that into consideration so you're not foaming at the mouth for a few hours, debating going to the store to pick up a copy.

It works out perfectly for me though, since It's usually on my door step about an hour after I get home from work.

Also, about how easy is it to find a legit place to trade the pre-order codes? I'm sitting on an Infected skin pack since I bought the controller and am really wanting a Baird skin.

Someone actually is bidding 50 dollars for a savage kantus skin? WHY AUSTIN WHY? Seriously, you can buy the game for 15 bucks more after tax, and sell the damn game for 40 AT LEAST on ebay. Man people are dumb. Makes me want to buy just to sell pre order skins, but i mainly just want to get them all for myself. That and im worried i would get screwed if they try to get their money back.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Someone actually is bidding 50 dollars for a savage kantus skin? WHY AUSTIN WHY? Seriously, you can buy the game for 15 bucks more after tax, and sell the damn game for 40 AT LEAST on ebay. Man people are dumb. Makes me want to buy just to sell pre order skins, but i mainly just want to get them all for myself. That and im worried i would get screwed if they try to get their money back.[/QUOTE]

I had like 50 dlc codes for the halo reach avatar helmet from SDCC 2010, sold em all, one jackass actually got his money back. Tried to get another one, I kept his money, he didn't say squat.;)

that guy probably has a friend spiking his bids to generate hype...and if someone is that dumb enough to buy a dlc code for $50 when you can buy it for $60 + a $20 GC, they deserve to be $50 poorer.

[quote name='100xp']that guy probably has a friend spiking his bids to generate hype...and if someone is that dumb enough to buy a dlc code for $50 when you can buy it for $60 + a $20 GC, they deserve to be $50 poorer.[/QUOTE]

This...

I hate to be the procrastinator to the party but I just tried to preorder the limited edition from best buy, and I could, but no store pick up. (The normal version would let me.)

Has it always been this way or is this a new change?

[quote name='Flesseck']So what's the consensus on WalMart and BB? Do they email codes, have them on receipts or are they packaged within the game case?

Also, if you order from WalMart or BB online, do you have to return the game online or can you return it at the B&M store?[/QUOTE]

The last midnight release I went to at WalMart, which ironically enough was Gears 2, they gave me the code for a gold hammerburst I think on rave card just like they come in the game case.

No clue about BB.

And amazon's release date delivery is just that, you'll get it on release date, but depending on the carrier(typically UPS) and the driver you may not get it till late that night, or it could be super early.

Microsoft has announced a Gears of War 3 Season Pass available from day one. Starting September 20th we can purchase this Season Pass for 2400MSP. Once purchased it will include access to the next (4) Four Add Ons and include the Liquid Metal Skin that allows you to paint your weapon like a Terminator. I will gather more information on this later and update later today when I have access to my computer.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Microsoft has announced a Gears of War 3 Season Pass available from day one. Starting September 20th we can purchase this Season Pass for 2400MSP. Once purchased it will include access to the next (4) Four Add Ons and include the Liquid Metal Skin that allows you to paint your weapon like a Terminator. I will gather more information on this later and update later today when I have access to my computer.[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool, but damn is that expensive O-o. Thats half the dang MSRP on launch day

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Microsoft has announced a Gears of War 3 Season Pass available from day one. Starting September 20th we can purchase this Season Pass for 2400MSP. Once purchased it will include access to the next (4) Four Add Ons and include the Liquid Metal Skin that allows you to paint your weapon like a Terminator. I will gather more information on this later and update later today when I have access to my computer.[/QUOTE]

I hope that price is not correct. $30 worth of points, up front? Yikes. I realize that's the equivalent of 3 x 800 point map packs, but still. That's a lot of points all at once.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was the price @_@. Considering how many they'd still sell anyway. (And im guessing maybe the Liquid Metal Skin is the bonus for up-fronting that much money?)

I've been wanting a pass for this and to find out that it's $30 and you don't get nothing but some weapon skin pac for free is dumb. 4 maps that will go for 800 ( I pray they aren't 1200) and you only get a 33%? No thansk Epic, ill buy your game twice. Once on release day and another time when the eventual GOTY edition comes out.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']
...No thansk Epic, ill buy your game twice. Once on release day and another time when the eventual GOTY edition comes out.[/QUOTE]

I want to agree with you, but the problem is, that leaves roughly a 12 month window, between the first DLC release and the eventual GOTY release, where your ability to play the multiplayer is crippled. Can't play with friends who get the map packs, can't get the new achievements, can't play the social playlists if they bring those back. Although there is a bit of sticker shock here at the price, I suppose I will buy it anyway. I guess it's a good thing I stocked up on MS points with the TRU sale last week.

Yeah....by the time you wait an extra year or so for a GOTY version, you'll be playing as a Level 1 in Multiplayer while most people are already in their 80's and 90's.

It sucks, but whatever i guess, i have been looking forward to this game forever

perhaps ill buy 1-2 of the maps in the meantime. Hell who knows they might be dotw within that time frame. Or maybe epic could lower the price of the pass to 1600 for only a week something that rockstar did for noire? This are all what if's.

People are getting confused on the season pass. The season pass is for a savings of at least 33%. You get the dlc for that price. So the retail of the dlc you get with the season pass is at least $45. You are not paying to get a discount .

[quote name='almasy82']People are getting confused on the season pass. The season pass is for a savings of at least 33%. You get the dlc for that price. So the retail of the dlc you get with the season pass is at least $45. You are not paying to get a discount .[/QUOTE]

you sir are correct. You actually get all the future dlc for free once this is bought. Damn Microsoft are some money hungry assholes. The maps will most likely be 1200 or maybe even more if you save 33%.

Here's the link to the story and a picture of what the guns might look like.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/119/1191300p1.html

Hmmm........... this sounds familiar. Ohh... I remember now:

[quote name='nuuuuj']Epic and Microsoft would be stupid if they didn't offer the pre-order characters as DLC later (its a guaranteed money maker for them). Several sources have already heard the rumors, but of course it won't be annouced officially until after the release (otherwise they would have some pissed off retailers).

The pattern already exists, look at LA Noire and Mortal Kombat. Just sit back, order one copy from wherever you want, and bank those MS Points from Bing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shimmerz']I noticed that the Walmart preorder no longer clearly states the skin bonus, maybe theyve stopped offering it.[/QUOTE]

I still see it on everything except the regular version, but it still shows the DLC character in the photos.

Hmmm, Im wondering about the Walmart preorders now too. I was thinking of preordering from them (the game and controller bundle) but if Im not getting the multiplayer skin for preordering, I might just pass.

Buy an Xbox 360 get the Epic Edition free.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/get-170-gears-3-epic-edition-free-with-purchase-of-xbox-360-8055

Liquid Metal Skin
liquidmetallancer.jpg

Michael Barrick. New character maybe.
http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Barrick
gears-3---season-pass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']I still see it on everything except the regular version, but it still shows the DLC character in the photos.[/QUOTE]

Right, but it had previously said it very clearly in the title like the other versions, and if you notice the other versions list it but they arent available for preorder and listed as "not available online". Granted they may still be doing it, but its not spelled out like it was previously.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']The dude on the season pass ad looks like an older version of Dizzy. I suppose it could possibly be Trescu of the Gorasayani (spelling?).[/QUOTE]

Dizzy has way more tattoos than that guy

Liquid Metal looks pretty awesome, though......i never got what all the obsession over Weapon Skins was @_@. Whoop dee doo, your gun is golden, now i can see you quicker. (Reminds me of the Flaming Helmets being sniper bait in Halo Reach)

Doubt im gonna try to grind on Gear's 2 for the achievements, seems like it would take forever to hit max level.

The new guy is Michael Barrick he is from the Comic Books. He dies by charging into a group of locust bare handed and is wounded by being shot in the back with A Hammerburst by a Beast Rider. He continues to fight so he can allow Marcus Fenix and Squad to escape. Read more on the link above.

The weapon skins look nice. I am so glad I have a birthday next week.

I bet that TRU will shut down that 360 + Epic edition promo with a quickness.

Although, I did manage to score a $15 GH full band bundle from them so who knows? I think I'll stick with the Gears console bundle, I need a harddrive more than I need a fake gun.

[quote name='Halo05']I bet that TRU will shut down that 360 + Epic edition promo with a quickness.

Although, I did manage to score a $15 GH full band bundle from them so who knows? I think I'll stick with the Gears console bundle, I need a harddrive more than I need a fake gun.[/QUOTE]

Epic edition comes with a marcus fenix statue, not a fake gun.

Question about the amazon pre-order, it says limit 1 per household for the $20-credit offer, now If I order a copy for myself and a friend, how would I go about ordering it so I get the offer for both, is it possible on the same amazon account as long as they are being shipped to different addresses or do I have to order the 2nd game from another account?

Im gunna stick with just the walmart and best buy pre orders. Sell the extra copy on ebay. Im guessing 1 of the 4 pre order skins will end up in each of the 4 DLC packs, at least i hope so. If not i wont be that pissed about commando dom or savage kantus.

[quote name='apokalypse']Question about the amazon pre-order, it says limit 1 per household for the $20-credit offer, now If I order a copy for myself and a friend, how would I go about ordering it so I get the offer for both, is it possible on the same amazon account as long as they are being shipped to different addresses or do I have to order the 2nd game from another account?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was one per email account even though it says household, can anyone confirm? I thought someone ordered two of a game a while back to the same address, but had to use two different email accounts to get the preorder bonus...anyone?

[quote name='bosoxdanc']Is there ANYWHERE giving a bonus for pre-ordering the Limited edition? :([/QUOTE]

The only bonus are the pre-order characters that anyone can get with the regular edition. I really want the Limited Edition to go with my Gears 1 & 2 Limited edition games but Epic is making it really hard to incentivise me to do so. Bascially people who get the regular edition are getting it for only $40 (after the $20 rebate) so buying the Limited edition carries a $40 premium for a nicer case and some junk I will look at once and never use again. I'm not really sure its worth double the amount of the regular edition....

you just said it yourself, "some junk I will look at once and never use again." you don't need it...and no doubt the limited and epic editions will hit the clearance shelves months from it's release. ppl don't appreciate the value of physical special edition stuff anymore.

[quote name='100xp']you just said it yourself, "some junk I will look at once and never use again." you don't need it...and no doubt the limited and epic editions will hit the clearance shelves months from it's release. ppl don't appreciate the value of physical special edition stuff anymore.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone doubt this? It always happens with every release. Halo 3 Master Chief heads were everywhere for $20. God of War 3 Pandora's Boxes for $20. Alan Wake LE that I think Amazon might have wound up paying people to take.

Honestly, I don't even know why people preorder games when they can wait a couple months and get it for a lot less during the Amazon holiday sale. You just know that Gears of War 3 will be listed for the same $20 that Halo Reach was last year during BF...

I guess impatience has its cost. Me? By the time they've patched the bugs, it'll be Black Friday-ish time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back