Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LordVila']Has anyone had experience preordering from Wal-Mart? Do you get the game on release day or can you do in-store pickup?[/QUOTE]

I had this question as well, I went to preorder on WalMart.com and Store Pickup wasn't an option so I'm just gonna hit WalMart at midnight and pick up the game and hopefully there are some extras I can get as well as the DLC character.

My Amazon copy will get to my house on the 20th at some point and I'll go back to work on the 21st and I'll hit BestBuy while I'm working.

[quote name='Wedgie']I want to cancel my Walmart pre-order but it won't let me. I'm assuming because the free $20 gift card already got mailed to me.

So now I'll have to physically go into a Walmart *shudder* to return it.[/QUOTE]

If you call customer support, and navigate through the menus til you get a real person, they will cancel your order, and also cancel the gift card (assuming you haven't used it) I did it just the other day, asked nicely and the operator had no problem reversing the charge for the gift card. Got an email like an hour later confirming the cancelation.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']I ordered one, since I misssed out on this before they were taken down a couple weeks ago. However, when added to my cart, the bundle also says "Usually ships within 24 hours". I wonder if that means copies will leak out early.[/QUOTE]
I saw that as well.. I don't know if that was bc the lancer was at one point said to ship 2 weeks before the game. I just hope this is not a mistake and they have the lancers. I'm just going to return the game I have the EE at a GS Midnight!

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Anyone want to update the OP with the crimson omen skin for the 12 month xbox live card? Or did I just overlook it?[/QUOTE]

It's the same skin that was used during the beta but it's not going to be unlocked until 3 months after the game is released. The 12 month XBL pack is just a way to get it earlier but it's only the Omen Lancer. I think the the actual Omen Weapon Set is going to be released in December around Christmas but that's just a guess.

Does anyone remember how long the Halo reach xbox consoles were selling before places like amazon stopped selling them? Just wanted to get an idea on how long the gears xbox might stay in stores for. Thought Gears ones might last longer because of the MW3 and R2-D2 consoles coming soon, people might wait for those instead.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']It's the same skin that was used during the beta but it's not going to be unlocked until 3 months after the game is released. The 12 month XBL pack is just a way to get it earlier but it's only the Omen Lancer. I think the the actual Omen Weapon Set is going to be released in December around Christmas but that's just a guess.[/QUOTE]

Was just wondering as it had everything else.

I saw that Cliff posted a pic of the Epic edition (back of the box) from his twitter account already. Any unboxing videos of the Epic edition?

[quote name='MattyB']I saw that Cliff posted a pic of the Epic edition (back of the box) from his twitter account already. Any unboxing videos of the Epic edition?[/QUOTE]
nothing yet, just the reg version , and two of the consoles, one of which was done by ice-t himself. I'll keep an eye out they are bound to start popping out this weekend.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Woot! The CE Guide popped up in my goldbox. Snagged it for $19.91 :D[/QUOTE]

How do you get items in your goldbox?

[quote name='strait edge follower']This thread dies in 11 days. That's awsome cause that means that gears 3 is here and i can't wait ![/QUOTE]

This thread dies when I let it. I will continue to update this tread as much as I can both Before and After the game is released. Upcoming DLC, Character Skins, Weapon Skins, and other Add Ons will be added here so people can look here before they make the final decision to purchase something or not. Look how Organized, Helpful, and Updated this thread is. I will still help these people and this website with Gears of War 3 just Like I did with Bulletstorm and the Gears 3 Beta. I have spent a lot of time gathering information for this thread and answering any questions the CAG Community may have and will continue to do so.

are you guys able to see the order of the retro lancer and game bundle? on the order history, it says the status is open, but when I click on the order, it gives me an error. PLEASE, I hope they do not cancel my order.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']This thread dies when I let it. I will continue to update this tread as much as I can both Before and After the game is released. Upcoming DLC, Character Skins, Weapon Skins, and other Add Ons will be added here so people can look here before they make the final decision to purchase something or not. Look how Organized, Helpful, and Updated this thread is. I will still help these people and this website with Gears of War 3 just Like I did with Bulletstorm and the Gears 3 Beta. I have spent a lot of time gathering information for this thread and answering any questions the CAG Community may have and will continue to do so.[/QUOTE]

glad too see you going keep it alive i bounce in time too time too see the info
an it a nice one stop spot for GoW 3 info

[quote name='AzzKicknChickn']So, just saw this over at the epic forums. Looks like we need some updated info on the unlockables, apparently a lot of skins you actually have to PAY for in the marketplace. However, Rod has confirmed that there will be a bulk pack to buy in order to get them all. More info here:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=819200&highlight=Confirmed+Weapon+Skins[/QUOTE]

I will update this right now. I hate to see how much this is going to cost.

[quote name='Davivascaino']are you guys able to see the order of the retro lancer and game bundle? on the order history, it says the status is open, but when I click on the order, it gives me an error. PLEASE, I hope they do not cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

Strange, I have the same problem. I'm a little concerned but not enough to make me actually pick up the phone and call em just yet...

[quote name='prateeko']Strange, I have the same problem. I'm a little concerned but not enough to make me actually pick up the phone and call em just yet...[/QUOTE]

Call them because if you snooze you lose. Lol.

[quote name='DaKrazie1']Do you get the $20 gift card when pre-ordering in store at Wal Mart, or is it just for Walmart.com?[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com as it says E-Gift Card meaning Electronic Gift Card.

Wow people really need to stop complaining and whining on the Gears forum on the link above. People are refusing to play the game because of PAID WEAPON SKINS. Are people really that ignorant. So ignorant that they will refuse to play a game that they have wanted for so long over a weapon skin that you have to pay for? Its not like its going to cost 1600MSP. I am a Veteran Gear and I dont even care about the weapon skins. Big deal. Lol. But when you mention Call of Duty watch out people its going to be like Black Friday with all the people buying that stuff. Lol.

I can see them being mad over it, but it wouldnt stop me from playing and enjoying my favorite franchise on Xbox 360. If i had beef with the weapon skins i would just NOT BUY THEM. Simple as that. Maybe if NO ONE BUYS THEM then Epic will give them away for FREE. But who knows.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I can see them being mad over it, but it wouldnt stop me from playing and enjoying my favorite franchise on Xbox 360. If i had beef with the weapon skins i would just NOT BUY THEM. Simple as that. Maybe if NO ONE BUYS THEM then Epic will give them away for FREE. But who knows.[/QUOTE]

Ok people are crying and refusing to play the game due to Weapon Skins that should go for 80MSP-120MSP Per Set. BUT they will pay this much money just to have a Gold Plated Lancer (1st Link) in Gears 2. Not to mention the Gold Plated Hammerburst (2nd Link). So remind me why are they crying again. Lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gears-War-3...0538?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a68520b8a
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gears-War-3...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2311fc880c

On a lighter note. I find this hilarious and suitable for this situation. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AzzKicknChickn']So, just saw this over at the epic forums. Looks like we need some updated info on the unlockables, apparently a lot of skins you actually have to PAY for in the marketplace. However, Rod has confirmed that there will be a bulk pack to buy in order to get them all. More info here:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=819200&highlight=Confirmed+Weapon+Skins[/QUOTE]

So do we know how much this is going to be - or are they just speculating 4000 points - cause that's alot for some skins, I say 1200 at most...

[quote name='VAL@CAG']So do we know how much this is going to be - or are they just speculating 4000 points - cause that's alot for some skins, I say 1200 at most...[/QUOTE]

They dont know yet, i say they should be lower than 800 pts and thats a lot for gun skins. I think the whole package should be about 400-600 points.

More updates coming soon. I was just on the Epic Forums JoeGraf and Cher issued a statement on the Weapon Skin Thread.

Originally Posted by joeGraf
You guys need to get your emotions under control and provide constructive feedback. I am very close to making a ban pass through for those that can't abide by the rules

Originally Posted by Cher
Qouted above statement: Making sure everyone saw this

So if people want to go on there and complain. They will be banned from the forums and probably the game itself.

[quote name='The 7th Number']They dont know yet, i say they should be lower than 800 pts and thats a lot for gun skins. I think the whole package should be about 400-600 points.[/QUOTE]

If the package is going to be released on day one, then hopefully it will be part of the season pass.

ok, so I haven't been to the forums at epic so I don't know what these people are saying, but banning people from the game for something they say on the forums??? IDK, seems harsh.

You know what I really don't mind at all - even though I would have all available guns from Gears 2 and the Beta. I'm going to get the Season Pass and also buy the Combo Skins Pack on day 1 and be the happiest dude on the block.
As gamers we must come to the realization that paying for DLC will be something me will have to deal with forever now. It used to be for exclusive items or extra missions and what not - but now sometimes you have to pay to even PLAY online in some cases (Mortal Kombat & DIRT).
My only hope is that they keep the content good and please don't rape us for stupid stuff we really don't need...

BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

[quote name='JediKiller24']ok, so I haven't been to the forums at epic so I don't know what these people are saying, but banning people from the game for something they say on the forums??? IDK, seems harsh.[/QUOTE]

If they were cheating and doing other bad things while playing the game than I'd understand them getting banned from the game. I've never heard of people getting banned before the game is even out yet. Mabye epic was just bored cause the game has been finished for months lol. 10 more days baby !

[quote name='VAL@CAG']You know what I really don't mind at all - even though I would have all available guns from Gears 2 and the Beta. I'm going to get the Season Pass and also buy the Combo Skins Pack on day 1 and be the happiest dude on the block.
As gamers we must come to the realization that paying for DLC will be something me will have to deal with forever now. It used to be for exclusive items or extra missions and what not - but now sometimes you have to pay to even PLAY online in some cases (Mortal Kombat & DIRT).
My only hope is that they keep the content good and please don't rape us for stupid stuff we really don't need...

BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!![/QUOTE]

Buying skin packs for anything imo is a waste. They should be unlocked by beating gears 3 in hard mode or something of the sort. Of course like you said, these developers will squeeze as much money out of us as possible now :(

[quote name='strait edge follower']Buying skin packs for anything imo is a waste. They should be unlocked by beating gears 3 in hard mode or something of the sort. Of course like you said, these developers will squeeze as much money out of us as possible now :([/QUOTE]

personally I don't think it's the developers more so than the ppl who pay the developers. the guy that does the dynamic lighting for the game doesn't get a royalty check if the game does well or if they sell DLC skins, he just gets his salary.

(but I do agree, that paying premium for skins and alternate colors is getting out of hand)

Honestly I dont see what the big deal about all of this is. I mean you have people spending anywhere between $20 - $80 for a Preorder Bonus which should later on become DLC. Look a few pages back if you want to see it for yourself AND in Gears 2 people paid anywhere between $80 - $120 Per Weapon for the Gold Plated Lancer and Gold Plated Hamerburst. Now Epic Games announces Paid Weapon Skins and everybody is freaking out. Seriously, whats the big deal. You are willing to pay all of that money for a Character Skin but when Epic Games mentions you have to use Microsoft Points to unlock Weapon Skins people freak out. Goes to show how many CoD Fan Boys are on Epic Games forums. They are actually comparing CoD MW3 to GoW 3 and neither one are out yet. Sort of reminds me of the video clip in the spoiler below.
But I have read that there will be a Child's Play Weapon Skin for the Child's Play Chairty and that all proceeds will go to benefit them like they did with the Save Carmine Campaign. If that is the case then I will buy that skin because it is for a good cause. Hopefully this rumor is true but I doubt it. Either way I cant wait until Monday to watch American Chopper at 9PM Eastern Time. This episode will be Part 1 of a 2 Part Series about the Gears of War 3 Trike. Not to mention updating this thread again with the Weapon Skin Prices once they are announced on Monday. I also heard that the Midnight Madness is going to be the Green Skin Weapon Set. Dont qoute me on this because I still have to make 100% sure.

Wow banned for complaining? Yeah they seem to have a short fuse. I got a lifetime ban from the epic forums for posting in the beta section and having the wrong gamertag in my profile. I didnt even know i could be banned for that. I never got a warning either, just a lifetime ban out of nowhere. But Joe told me on twitter i wouldnt be banned from the game for that. I think im better off not even being a part of their community.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow banned for complaining? Yeah they seem to have a short fuse. I got a lifetime ban from the epic forums for posting in the beta section and having the wrong gamertag in my profile. I didnt even know i could be banned for that. I never got a warning either, just a lifetime ban out of nowhere. But Joe told me on twitter i wouldnt be banned from the game for that. I think im better off not even being a part of their community.[/QUOTE]

They are talking about banning people from the forums due to the language and other obscenities that are being directed toward Epic Games. But I have since checked the forum and things have seemed to settled down.

Now for the most part they are talking about the food and snacks they will eat during Midnight Madness. So that gives me an idea. You will probably going to be waiting in line with your friends for Midnight Madness. What are you going to be taking to entertain you and keep you occupied. Food, Entertainment, Whatever. Have fun with this. Lol.

Also dont forget to set your DVRs to record this. Thats if if your are not home for whatever reason. This Monday at 9PM will be the 1st Part of the Gears Trike Build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7aVBxiyZsM

With release day shipping from amazon waiting at long ass lines at midnight launches seems pointless now. I've been to two of them in the past and while it was cool chatting it up with people for a while its just better to chill at Home and play some games till the next day when the game comes in. Plus retailers (gamestop in particular) order so many copys of games this big that they will be avalible to pick it up the next morning. I do hope that people here going to the midnight launch events have fun though :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']With release day shipping from amazon waiting at long ass lines at midnight launches seems pointless now. I've been to two of them in the past and while it was cool chatting it up with people for a while its just better to chill at Home and play some games till the next day when the game comes in. Plus retailers (gamestop in particular) order so many copys of games this big that they will be avalible to pick it up the next morning. I do hope that people here going to the midnight launch events have fun though :)[/QUOTE]

I should have fun. Its never a dull moment at any of the Midnight Releases I go to. I saw a guy get sick from chugging a 24 pack of room temperature Mt Dew for Halo 3. A man and woman getting it on at the Halo 3 ODST Midnight Release in the parking lot. I heard a fight broke at the Madden 12 release. So yeah it should be fun. Besides ever since my I really dont feel like waiting around all day for UPS or Fed Ex. I learned that lesson from LA Noire. Lol. I had Release Day Delievery for LA Noire through Amazon. The guy delivered it at 6:30PM and it was on the Porch not in the Door. BUT he put on the 3:30PM Delivery Time when I checked the statues of the package on UPS.com. So Gamestop at Midnight it is. Lol.

[quote name='zandrolouie']Any deals/promo from Toys R Us yet?[/QUOTE]

I think someone said if you preorder you get an action figure or two.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m'] I had Release Day Delievery for LA Noire through Amazon. The guy delivered it at 6:30PM and it was on the Porch not in the Door. BUT he put on the 3:30PM Delivery Time when I checked the statues of the package on UPS.com. So Gamestop at Midnight it is. Lol.[/QUOTE]

This.

UPS doesn't deliver to my house until late in the day. Perfect example: I orderd some shipping boxes from Uline, which were delivered yesterday. To my amazmement, the UPS truck was outside my house at 10am (it's never been there that early, ever) The guy is wrestling a big box off the truck, when he gets it on the ground I see it says Vizio on it. I'm thinking he's just moving it to get to my box....nope he comes to the door and says 'I've got your TV down here'...then looks at his little computer thing and realizes he's at the wrong house! lol. He's trying to give me someone else's TV (not that I would have minded...) He tells me 'I do have a package for you, but it's buried in the truck, I'll have to come back.' (this shocks me...he's here at my house, and yet he can't give me my package??? wtf) So he wrestles the TV back on the truck...I watch as he shoves it around trying to get it to fit back in the truck. I feel sorry for whoever is getting that tv... When does he come back with my package? 6:30 pm. sigh.
So, same boat, not waiting all day for delivery when I live 5 mins away from Gamestop. Plus they use the midnight launches to clean out the back of their store...all posters, display boxes, left over pre order stuff, anything they've got get's brought out and distributed to the crowd, and they bring in a DJ to play music. Plus the sub place next to Gamestop stays open and has handed out coupons in the past for free subs on return visits. So, yeah, lots of fun at the midnight launches here. Can't wait for the 19th!

Wow. Lol. I feel sorry for the person who bought that tv. Our Walmart has Vizio and every time they sell one it's always returned. They are junk I wouldn't have one. Let's see here UPS wrestling with the tv multiple times plus how Walmart handled it. Yeah that tv won't work. Lol. Gamestop is 5 minutes away from me also and they have Papa Johns so if I can I might get a pizza and wait for Gears of War 3. Pack a small cooler with Gatorade and I'm good to go. What sub place is it. The only sub place we have here is subway and they don't do anything like that. Lol.

My BestBuy is having a Gears of War 3 tourney @11:00 and the winner gets Gears for free. I'm going just so I can play the game early. I don't plan on buying Gears at BestBuy :3

[quote name='H3m1 R4m'] what sub place is it. The only sub place we have here is subway and they don't do anything like that. Lol.[/QUOTE]

the sub place is Charlie's. I think it's a chain? They have awesome cheese steak subs for being in the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back