Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

I love the new maps and I'm happy to be reunited with Jacinto. I will never, ever get the "I've Got This" achievement, though. The rounds end so quickly that it's hard to get even 5 as the leader.

There's really not even a good way to boost it. I guess have a party of 5 and try to find a game late at night and see if you can get lucky and get a bunch of bots, but that would be pure luck and probably more of a headache than it's worth.

[quote name='The 7th Number']hmmm i got the force multiplier achievement but the flak skins arent unlocked. Wonder if it had anything to do with me joining a game from the end of the game i unlocked it in.
[/QUOTE]
Just like the chrome and gold weapon skins, achievements are checked every 24 hours. You should get them tomorrow.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I love the new maps and I'm happy to be reunited with Jacinto. I will never, ever get the "I've Got This" achievement, though. The rounds end so quickly that it's hard to get even 5 as the leader.

There's really not even a good way to boost it. I guess have a party of 5 and try to find a game late at night and see if you can get lucky and get a bunch of bots, but that would be pure luck and probably more of a headache than it's worth.[/QUOTE]

You'd need a total of 10 players (including guest accounts). I had a group try it this afternoon, and while we were successful at getting a lobby, we were 1 person short so we always got screwed over by randoms. A party of 5 starts a search and gets into a Bot match. Then the leader leaves. After that, everyone else searches for that Group and tries to rejoin.

man I only got to play for about an 30min... I'm loveing the new maps... *Only played on 3 of them. but dam they look nice. I'm down to do any Ach. I still have ACH I need to knock out from the first DLC. host a party of 5 on the horde map packs etc....

[quote name='The 7th Number']if anyone wants to boost that 10 kills as leader achievement im up for it. Otherwise i might have to hope i get 5 vs bots and let me get 10 kills.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we can get a group of 8-10 and give it a shot. Problem with 5 and 5 idle controllers is remembering to move the 2nd controller more than once every minute to keep from getting idle booted.

I think we did ok for the Raam/Kim achievements when it came out.

maybe if we get a party of 5 near midnight or later we would be put into a room full of bots. Otherwise we could always just keep together and down anyone that comes around and let the leader take every kill. Could be hard against humans though.

is it that hard to get this Leader achievement? the one with Ramm/Kim does seem to specific and uncommon that I'd probably boost that.

the only stuff that seems like someone has no choice but to boost is for X games played.

I might go back to gears1 once I hit 100 since I don't have the Season Pass. I need all mp achievements.

Most guardian rounds are over before anyone can get 10 kills. So yeah i think it needs to be boosted, unless your team is sitting back and just defending, then you could probably get it legit.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Most guardian rounds are over before anyone can get 10 kills. So yeah i think it needs to be boosted, unless your team is sitting back and just defending, then you could probably get it legit.[/QUOTE]

Even then you are hard pressed to get 10 kills before your leader gets sniped or boomshooted. Very few games right now even having some getting 10 total kills let alone 10 in a round as a leader with a big mark over your head

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Thanks to everyone who helped grind out some Horde achievements tonight. Maybe we can do Beast tomorrow.

I still have a few stragglers that I need from RAAM's DLC... the one where you execute Min as RAAM and the reflect shield kills one. Anyone else need those and wanna work on them sometime?[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for Beast later this evening. I also need the RAAM executions. I have the shield reflect achievement, but am willing to help out on that one too. I think we tried once, didn't we, but you kept getting assigned to the wrong character?

Yup, that Guardian achievement is lame. I was watching my brother play with a full team last night, and his team was downing all enemies and letting the leader take the kill, my brother got to 8 and got killed. I'd say its definitely possible but it's BS that the only real way to do it is boosting like this.

Fact: Epic sucks at making achievements.

[quote name='DJP519']I'd be down for Beast later this evening. I also need the RAAM executions. I have the shield reflect achievement, but am willing to help out on that one too. I think we tried once, didn't we, but you kept getting assigned to the wrong character?[/QUOTE]

Sounds good man. Yeah, I remember trying a few times and only getting the right character once. And I only got one kill because everyone kept killing the enemies before me, lol.

Is guardian even on dedicated servers? I have never seen a host migration of any kind. But WTF when guys are killing me with a sawed off from 8 feet away. Guys constantly sponging my gnasher and even boomshots. Ive lagged before where i go down stairs and around a corner and end up back on the stairs. I just dont see a good connection, unless its my isp.

^
The dead giveaway for knowing if you are on a dedicated server on the Gaurdian playlist is that you ONLY play on the Forces of Nature maps.
P.S. I got my Ivory skins legit, no parties or anything, just played with randoms.

[quote name='DJP519']I'd be down for Beast later this evening. I also need the RAAM executions. I have the shield reflect achievement, but am willing to help out on that one too. I think we tried once, didn't we, but you kept getting assigned to the wrong character?[/QUOTE]
I'd be up for the Beast later. I'll keep an eye on the thread and try to get on when you guys are ready.

[quote name='popular penguin']^
The dead giveaway for knowing if you are on a dedicated server on the Gaurdian playlist is that you ONLY play on the Forces of Nature maps.
P.S. I got my Ivory skins legit, no parties or anything, just played with randoms.[/QUOTE]

I havent gotten a guardian match that wasnt on the FON maps. But shit man everyone is eating my bullets. I went 0-6 one game. Dude was shooting around a corner, i wallbounced up to him and gnashered him point blank twice and he lancered me down. Another match i shot the leader with a SOS and it didnt even hurt him. Just lately some really bad sponging going on. Maybe its my connection. Whenever i come here today it takes a while for the forums to load. Its annoying though.

Man I am pissed. Got a group of 8 randoms together for the guardian kills and got into a match with 5 bots versus 5 humans. Seemed like everytime I was a leader we would get a couple of human players on the other team. Get 6-7 kills and would get headshot by a sniper or boomshot by the random. 6 out of the 8 got it and I didn't :( But at least it works to get 5 players in a lobby like the Raam/Kim thing.

I was sitting at 8 kills as the leader then I got rushed! so anyone want to team up and boost this late tonight! I'm down to help others as well. man and the only map that I can never win on is the damn Aftermath map! I played for 3 hours last night and I could not win on that map. even joining in on the matches I was put on the losing side.

I'm up for it tonight.

Played a couple of games of Guardian last night. Got one kill right at the beginning of a game, and instantly one of the dudes on my team announces, "Ryuu's stealing kills like a motherfucker! Everybody steal all of his kills!" Whatever man. He then launched into a 10 minute dissertation on how the Retro is OP and only for pussies.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm up for it tonight.

Played a couple of games of Guardian last night. Got one kill right at the beginning of a game, and instantly one of the dudes on my team announces, "Ryuu's stealing kills like a motherfucker! Everybody steal all of his kills!" Whatever man. He then launched into a 10 minute dissertation on how the Retro is OP and only for pussies.[/QUOTE]

well...it does have that long pointy thing at the end of it.

seems like there is a glitch, if you unlock one of the gun skins in the FON DLC, and quit the match at the end it wont unlock. This happened to me with the FL4K skin. People at epic forums have the same problem. Its been over 24 hours and my skin still isnt unlocked. So whatever you do, if you unlock one of the two achievements, dont quit that match, even if it pops and the timer is counting down. play a another match or more to be safe.

im down for getting the ivory skin set. I had 6 at the most.

[quote name='The 7th Number']seems like there is a glitch, if you unlock one of the gun skins in the FON DLC, and quit the match at the end it wont unlock. This happened to me with the FL4K skin. People at epic forums have the same problem. Its been over 24 hours and my skin still isnt unlocked. So whatever you do, if you unlock one of the two achievements, dont quit that match, even if it pops and the timer is counting down. play a another match or more to be safe.

im down for getting the ivory skin set. I had 6 at the most.[/QUOTE]
Which achievements unlock skins?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Which achievements unlock skins?[/QUOTE]

- win a match of guardian on each of the 5 new FON DLC maps
- kill 10 enemies as the leader in guardian match.

What the hell? Is there a trick on aftermath? Either that or its a glitch. I saw a command center up by sniper so i pressed it and hoffman said "mortar strikes are a go". Then hammer of dawn killed like 3 people for me. LOL. The people who were talking didnt say anything about it though, so idk.

Tried to get answers via twitter

@PeteNub WTF i just killed 3 people with command center (HoD) on Aftermath. (Guardian) No idea how it got there. Is this normal or glitch?

@The7thNumber no clue but I blame Jim

[quote name='The 7th Number']- win a match of guardian on each of the 5 new FON DLC maps
- kill 10 enemies as the leader in guardian match a round.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

I got it earlier this evening. I had a boosting partner and we luckily got matched up with an entire other team boosting, so all of us were done within 20 minutes. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, that's for sure.

damn luck asses. I keep getting tossed in with people that just wanted to fuss over the mics last night. I had to mute everyone. no one wanted to work with one another. pissed me off. I tried for 30 to join other teams that would boost. nothing. then played for about 2 hours.. man shit sucks when you don't have people that you someone like playing with.. l

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Does anyone want to do the Horde and Beast Achievements tonight?[/QUOTE]

I still need 1-20 without going DBNO or dying on a FON map. Not really interested in going for all 50 waves. Im not dying to get this achievement, but if i am not playing guardian with friends i would hop in.

I have all other FON achievements, so not really interested in playing beast. I just dont get into beast or horde that much.

Played Guardian like all night tonight. Got a tiny bit better, haha, although I still stink. :D Also, I played over 20 hours of Gears in the past week and only went from level 69 to 72, even with the extra XP this weekend... I don't understand how you guys are already in the green/red, haha. Any tips on leveling up quickly (besides being really good)?

Also thanks again to Kklems (PackedOsprey) for helping me get over half the rocket kills i needed for the silverback yesterday.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Played Guardian like all night tonight. Got a tiny bit better, haha, although I still stink. :D Also, I played over 20 hours of Gears in the past week and only went from level 69 to 72, even with the extra XP this weekend... I don't understand how you guys are already in the green/red, haha. Any tips on leveling up quickly (besides being really good)?

Also thanks again to Kklems (PackedOsprey) for helping me get over half the rocket kills i needed for the silverback yesterday.[/QUOTE]I figured I'd work on the Bag N Tag achievement and played a bunch of Raven Down 24/7 which worked well for awhile. Switched to Guardian to win on each new map as well so being a COG didn't "go to waste." Heard someone say that the bonus wasn't applying to Guardian and that group quit. I can't really tell the difference like in CoD when you just look at a standard kill's points. I don't get how anyone can be red/green either. I'm still at 62, started at 60 (almost 61) tonite.

bread's done
Back