Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

Whats the right way of deleting the beta from your HDD? I unlocked all the beta stuff and don't want to lose my Thrashball Cole / Golden Lancer. I heard if you delete the beta incorrectly you could lose it all.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Whats the right way of deleting the beta from your HDD? I unlocked all the beta stuff and don't want to lose my Thrashball Cole / Golden Lancer. I heard if you delete the beta incorrectly you could lose it all.[/QUOTE]
I would think the info gets linked to your GT... anyway I'd figure you delete the "update" part (the one that's a few gigs big).

I think the something-kb-ish save is still there though.

I agree with THP. I'm sure things like this are like your achievements. Of course I popped in Gears of War 1 the other day and had to re-download map packs...so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about...OMG LOOK!!! *runs away.*

Yeah the beta game save is so many KB, DONT DELETE THAT. You can delete the Gig, or 800 MB type files though under demos.

PS. The unlocks are NOT tied to your GT, if you delete the wrong save you lose em, which i find is really dumb move by epic.

Preorderd the System and the Epic Edition today from Gamestop because I had so much credit. Will I get 2 preorder skins for Dom? Or just 1 since it is 1 transaction or order? If I get 2 I wanna trade for a Walmart Skin.. I really hope these skins show up as DLC

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah the beta game save is so many KB, DONT DELETE THAT. You can delete the Gig, or 800 MB type files though under demos.

PS. The unlocks are NOT tied to your GT, if you delete the wrong save you lose em, which i find is really dumb move by epic.[/QUOTE]
That is the stupidest f****g thing ever, I wouldn't think it'd be hard to pull off. Would have been pretty ticked if I had deleted that kb file, seeing as I got everything except the golden Hammerburst for playing the first week.

[quote name='Snuckles']Preorderd the System and the Epic Edition today from Gamestop because I had so much credit. Will I get 2 preorder skins for Dom? Or just 1 since it is 1 transaction or order? If I get 2 I wanna trade for a Walmart Skin.. I really hope these skins show up as DLC[/QUOTE]
you get 1 sorry. might be able to talk them into giving you another one but one per customer.

Unlockable avatar awards:

award01g.png
Marcus' Doo-Rag - Complete campaign on any difficulty.

award02.png
Horde Shirt - Earn "Welcome to Horde Mode" achievement.

award04.png
Locust Drone Mask
- Earn "Welcome to Beast Mode" achievement..

Thanks to Zebrasqual @ Themexbox.com

Sweet locust drone mask, might also add the marcus bandana to my avatar! Still getting this game no matter what!

Won't be deleting any Gears 3 Beta save data despite my cramped hard drive until September :p

And at KnightSmith, if it's like Fallout New Vegas, retailer exclusives were packaged in the game box. So you'll likely get one code pre-printed in the game box.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']Locust drone mask looks pretty cool. The other two i dont even care to put on my avatar.[/QUOTE]

Same, Locust mask is cool. I sport the Hoffman cap on my Avatar now.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Sweet locust drone mask, might also add the marcus bandana to my avatar! Still getting this game no matter what!

Won't be deleting any Gears 3 Beta save data despite my cramped hard drive until September :p

And at KnightSmith, if it's like Fallout New Vegas, retailer exclusives were packaged in the game box. So you'll likely get one code pre-printed in the game box.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going by what I read. Bestbuy,, walmart and amazon all have listed that the code will be emailed to you. Gamestop for the most part have printed to the receipt. Not saying that one of them wouldn't be slipped inside the box, *walmart would be my guess. but we will see 9/20

[quote name='knightsmith']I still don't think it should run $150 but it looks nice ran across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE44zwAxjfE[/QUOTE]

Son of a bi......

I swore to myself that i would resist and settle for the Collectors Ed. I would be sensible and not spend another $70 on the Epic Ed. Then you had to show me that (ha!). Dammit, I might need to get that. Plus, I can sell the infected omen skins to pay for some of this, too. But, seriously, dammit! That statue is just too freakin badass.

[quote name='EvilLizard']Collectors edition looks good but im getting the console[/QUOTE]
I'm getting the console as well for $15. I'm getting the look alike stickers. haha... I'm not really I just think it's funny. wife said the console was to ugly to buy at that price and that If I could find it for $300 I could get it so I'm looking for a deal.. and looking to do alot of trading my games in and the slime 250 that I have now in.

Neca posted on there facebook page about the retro lancer

NECA - N.E.C.A basically yes it is sold out, a small # of pcs will probably come available when cc gets declined, people cancel etc. keep checking gamestop and email them about a waitlist or second chance availability. good luck3 hours ago ·
NECA - N.E.C.A The Gold was being discussed with a retailer but it didn't come to be. I'm sorry you missed out but it was available for nearly 2 months on pre-order. Like I said there might be a second chance via Gamestop

I apologize if this has been asked before.....

Does anyone know where to get an MP3 of the version of WarPigs from the GOW3 trailer? I love game music and I'm a big Ozzy fan, so I have to have that version. If it comes out on the GOW3 soundtrack, then fine, I just want it one way or the other.

Today they will reveal the reward for getting your wings in gears 2 MP.

We’re kicking off this Gears Weekend via a live stream tonight at 5:30 p.m. Eastern. During the stream, Epic Games Executive Producer Rod Fergusson will announce which Gears 3 unlock is tied to the Gears 2 Veteran Gear achievement. If you’re not able to watch the stream live on our Twitch.tv page, you can see the archive by visiting the page any time after the stream is finished. We’ll also post the video archive here on the Community Site.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Today they will reveal the reward for getting your wings in gears 2 MP.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait, I hope it's an special multiplayer character.

That totally kills the value of the Epic Edition and the Console. Part of the draw was having the exclusive skins to show off in multiplayer.

Might as well just buy the Limited Edition to get the Adam Fenix skin to have all the DLC.

Well the epic edition is 150, if you bought the Limited edition and Controller to get every DLC that comes in the Epic edition that would cost you 140, so its almost the same price.

Veteran Gear achievements gets you a special medal, title, and gold skins for all 5 starting weapons. Kinda meh.

Commando achievement in Gears 1 gets you Gold Sawed off.

If you play the first week you can unlock gold Gnasher, otherwise you can only get it through the Veteran achievement.

Golden Reto was unlocked in beta, Golden Lancers/Hammerburst are unlocked if you had them in Gears 2.

Wow Rod said there is only about 2% of the community that got their wings.

Rod confirmed you get all 5 infected omen weapon skins in epic or the controller.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']That totally kills the value of the Epic Edition and the Console. Part of the draw was having the exclusive skins to show off in multiplayer.

Might as well just buy the Limited Edition to get the Adam Fenix skin to have all the DLC.[/QUOTE]
yeah its kinda shitty but meh oh well

So all I get for that earning that horrid achievement is a medal, title and the gold lancer I should have had in 2 but a friend screwed me on? Meh. I knew it would suck and I'll never understand the fascination with gold weapons.

wish they would have kept the gold gnasher, or some exclusive form of the Gnasher just for Veteran Gears, he said anyone that puts the game in within the first week of release will also receive the gold gnasher.... so basically we get a medal and a title.

Supposedly it's being reported that the Infected Omen skins and the Adam Fenix skin now come with the Limited Edition.

The posters over at the Gears Forums are demanding answers, and that the Epic and Console Editions get some sort of exclusive content. This is getting ugly.

Well I never got my wings because i got reset twice both before i even hit 80 (for some stupid reason). Even if i did get them, i am one cheap mofo so i never bought any of the map packs anyway.

Regardless, i get the golden sawed-off which is pretty sweet, and I'm pretty sure ill play Gears 3 the first week so gold Gnasher as well :)

Still sucks being reset though. I even lost my Seriously 2.0/ Party like it's 1999 achievement progress the second time???

[quote name='Smart Aleck']Well I never got my wings because i got reset twice both before i even hit 80 (for some stupid reason). Even if i did get them, i am one cheap mofo so i never bought any of the map packs anyway.

Regardless, i get the golden sawed-off which is pretty sweet, and I'm pretty sure ill play Gears 3 the first week so gold Gnasher as well :)

Still sucks being reset though. I even lost my Seriously 2.0/ Party like it's 1999 achievement progress the second time???[/QUOTE]

I've been reset twice too. It's fucking stupid as hell.

[quote name='Mr Blitzkrieg']I've been reset twice too. It's fucking stupid as hell.[/QUOTE]

I hear you man. The first time i got pretty pissed because i was well on my way to 100 in a few games (it was an exp weekend event)

The second time i got pissed because all my achievement progress got reset (?) even though i still had the points. So I've played about 2000-3000 rounds of online but i don't have the achievement yet:cry:

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Supposedly it's being reported that the Infected Omen skins and the Adam Fenix skin now come with the Limited Edition.

The posters over at the Gears Forums are demanding answers, and that the Epic and Console Editions get some sort of exclusive content. This is getting ugly.[/QUOTE]

Source please. If this is true, I am so getting the Limited Edition :D

Still, I'm kinda bummed that the only exclusives Veterans get is a medal and title. I already have the gold lancer and hammerburst.

Adam Fenix skin always came with the LE. I doubt the infected skin pack comes with the LE, its prob just a bad rumor that got spread. I would be VERY surprised if this was true.

Yeah the veteran rewards are lame. Im not even a big fan of gold weapons. It should have been a special MP character. Its not even the gold weapons really, but the fact that there are other ways to getting them which cheapens the reward.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Adam Fenix skin always came with the LE. I doubt the infected skin pack comes with the LE, its prob just a bad rumor that got spread. I would be VERY surprised if this was true.

Yeah the veteran rewards are lame. Im not even a big fan of gold weapons. It should have been a special MP character. Its not even the gold weapons really, but the fact that there are other ways to getting them which cheapens the reward.[/QUOTE]
Understandable, though I won't be using any gold weapons such as the gnasher because everyone will have them at this point.

That's super lame. I never really liked the gold weapons but the fact that I and others have put a lot of time in the game to get that achievement and that's all we get is even worse.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah the veteran rewards are lame. Im not even a big fan of gold weapons. It should have been a special MP character. Its not even the gold weapons really, but the fact that there are other ways to getting them which cheapens the reward.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean. Now having a gold shotgun doesn't really seem that special.

I always had an idea though...if the reward for being a veteran was a character, what character would you want? I was playing the Intestinal Fortitude mission today, and i thought how weird it would be if you were able to play as a Gear whose armor was covered in blood. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Indignate']Epic edition gets the statue and the console edition gets the console.

There's their exclusive content.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There isn't much point in bitching for extra shit now so close to launch. They did nothing for EE Bulletstorm owners when they screwed us out of early access so I wouldn't expect anything different here. Diminishing the exclusivity of these bonuses however was well... retarded. With the way I break the left analog stick of my controllers like clockwork though if the Omen and Adam Fenix skin news hold weight I'm very tempted to snag a controller and be done with it.

Not sure what they were thinking shelving off in-game unlockable content and redundant bonuses on vets who'd surely pay for beta access and obviously played the first game. I personally would have taken a random pre-order DLC skin instead because the "I got it first" mentality doesn't hit quite close to home when thousands of other people got theirs too on the same day. Only 12 - 16 year old kids care about that shit anyway.

[quote name='hustletron']That's super lame. I never really liked the gold weapons but the fact that I and others have put a lot of time in the game to get that achievement and that's all we get is even worse.[/QUOTE]

while I'm not super into the gold weapon thing either, if we simply got something like the Gnasher in gold as an exclusive, that everybody and their brother couldn't unlock simply by playing the game the first week of release, I'd be happy. Cus then its like we actually get something exclusive for getting that achievement, or at least one of the guns in an exclusive color / skin.. but no, everyone will be able to have the same shit.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Adam Fenix skin always came with the LE. I doubt the infected skin pack comes with the LE, its prob just a bad rumor that got spread. I would be VERY surprised if this was true.
[/QUOTE]
It's been confirmed on the Gears Forum by a Microsoft rep, apparently.

Just wait until Monday, or Tuesday probably, to read up on the forums there. Rod Fergusson has a lot of angry posters to respond to, as neither Veteran Gear or the Epic Edition offer any actual exclusive.

Hmmm yeah bestbuy.com now says the IO pack is in LE. Man Epic just seems retarded, they dont know what to pack in with what, what unlocks what, what the hell is going on with them? Its like they want exclusives for die hard fans, but at the same time they want everyone to have everything. Doesnt make any sense. I have the LE pre ordered from Walmart, and i was planning to get the controller too. So what do i do with 2 IO codes? LOL. I guess i can try to trade one for a pre order MP skin. Just hope they dont keep switching shit around because i like what im getting, and i dont want to be screwed.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hmmm yeah bestbuy.com now says the IO pack is in LE. Man Epic just seems retarded, they dont know what to pack in with what, what unlocks what, what the hell is going on with them? Its like they want exclusives for die hard fans, but at the same time they want everyone to have everything. Doesnt make any sense. I have the LE pre ordered from Walmart, and i was planning to get the controller too. So what do i do with 2 IO codes? LOL. I guess i can try to trade one for a pre order MP skin. Just hope they dont keep switching shit around because i like what im getting, and i dont want to be screwed.[/QUOTE]

this.... if only they could put a different code that unlocks a different dlc with each item... doesn't seem like it should be this difficult, put a different color on a gun and put the code in the box, come on now..

[quote name='The 7th Number']So what do i do with 2 IO codes? LOL. I guess i can try to trade one for a pre order MP skin. [/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect the pre-order skins to remain as exclusives after all of this.

It's only a matter of time before Thrashball Cole and the Flaming Weapon Skins become public as well.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I wouldn't expect the pre-order skins to remain as exclusives after all of this.

It's only a matter of time before Thrashball Cole and the Flaming Weapon Skins become public as well.[/QUOTE]

don't give them any ideas :(

Not to be a cheap ass heretic.....but is it really that bad? It's like..people are calling for blood in the streets of Raleigh, NC at the Epic offices. Yes, I get that there is a perceived value when you pay $150 and you believe you are getting something special for that extra $70 to $90. But it's not like they're giving out the codes free or anything.

Believe me, I really do "get it" because I'm one of those cheap-asses who will get the $150 and sell the DLC to offset my expense. But the amount of anger towards such a great dev like Epic are what surprise me.

bread's done
Back