Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

why have they not put out a RAAM's shadow Trailer? I see the M$ f.cked up on trying to push the updates out today! they always think it will run smooth but they never can update anything on time or as smooth as they would like.

Yeah i cant wait for RAAMs shadown. I want to play as Michael Barrick and RAAM. Too bad they are adding Theron Elite, we already have two of those, just different colors. I dont know how this one will look any different. I dont use them because they are too big, and screech a lot. I usually play as the kantus, but lately use Savage Grenadier he is pretty badass looking.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I got my Gold Medal in Wingman Today. My goal of seriously 3.0 within the first year is looking a little more doable.[/QUOTE]

I just got my gold medal in TDM last night. All legit too. I only boosted in Warzone so far, maybe a few execution matches. But ive only done that maybe twice. I havent really been trying to go for any lately.

I have

15 Onyx
15 Gold
11 Silver
15 bronze
8 unlocked

Looks like this weeks gears weekend is "brothers to the end" 2 vs 2 deathmatch. Sounds cool, could get a little campy/boring. Hopefully its 15 lives like TDM, and not like wingman.

I've been going for Force Multiplier lately, and I'm really annoyed because they added some thing where if you have a 10x Multiplier and you get hit by 1 bullet, ONE BULLET, you lose it. It goes to 9x, but your circle is full. Such shit. It's cost me about 4 times so far and it ticks me off.

12 Onyx
3 Gold
12 Silver
31 Bronze
5 Unlocked

I need to play more Beast and Horde. I'm close to more Medals there.

My brother was playing last night and he said it seemed like there's been a new update. Specifically grenades, he said it seems like there's bigger explosions, and flame grenades are more powerful and is more easier to kill with them.

I can't seem to find any truth to this on the forums. Was there an update within the last couple days?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My brother was playing last night and he said it seemed like there's been a new update. Specifically grenades, he said it seems like there's bigger explosions, and flame grenades are more powerful and is more easier to kill with them.

I can't seem to find any truth to this on the forums. Was there an update within the last couple days?[/QUOTE]

Yes Monday there was a 3mb update. I went over to the epic forums than and no one seemed to know what it was for. Consensus back than was prep for the new DLC but I haven't checked in a couple of days

I heard the update was by MS, and not a update for the game. I dont think frags have changed, but incendiaries, Its pretty easy to get kills with them when enemies are close. But i dont know if they have changed. There hasnt been an update as far as i know.

Servers are down in case you didnt notice. Got a lot of host quit during the day, and cant find game over and over. Played some beast mode and we were able to beat it, but it was laggy as hell. Im talking Gears 2 laggy when you shoot and 1 second later he goes down. LOL.

I really wish they would remove the stun from inks, its way too easy to get kills with it. Ive been killed by it, and i use this tactic, but i would like to see it removed. Its almost a guaranteed kill.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just got my gold medal in TDM last night. All legit too. I only boosted in Warzone so far, maybe a few execution matches. But ive only done that maybe twice. I havent really been trying to go for any lately.

I have

15 Onyx
15 Gold
11 Silver
15 bronze
8 unlocked

Looks like this weeks gears weekend is "brothers to the end" 2 vs 2 deathmatch. Sounds cool, could get a little campy/boring. Hopefully its 15 lives like TDM, and not like wingman.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']I've been going for Force Multiplier lately, and I'm really annoyed because they added some thing where if you have a 10x Multiplier and you get hit by 1 bullet, ONE BULLET, you lose it. It goes to 9x, but your circle is full. Such shit. It's cost me about 4 times so far and it ticks me off.

12 Onyx
3 Gold
12 Silver
31 Bronze
5 Unlocked

I need to play more Beast and Horde. I'm close to more Medals there.[/QUOTE]

You guys make my 9 Onyx and 9 Golds feel like weak sauce. I just have to remind myself that seriously 3.0 is a marathon and not a sprint.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I heard the update was by MS, and not a update for the game. I dont think frags have changed, but incendiaries, Its pretty easy to get kills with them when enemies are close. But i dont know if they have changed. There hasnt been an update as far as i know.

Servers are down in case you didnt notice. Got a lot of host quit during the day, and cant find game over and over. Played some beast mode and we were able to beat it, but it was laggy as hell. Im talking Gears 2 laggy when you shoot and 1 second later he goes down. LOL.

I really wish they would remove the stun from inks, its way too easy to get kills with it. Ive been killed by it, and i use this tactic, but i would like to see it removed. Its almost a guaranteed kill.[/QUOTE]

Just roll/wall bounce away. They really have to catch you in the open with little to no cover fire from teammates for it to be an easy kill.

I have had all kinds of fucked up experiences with grenades the past couple of days. I had to stop playing last night because I planted a grendade and the explosion killed me when I was nowhere near it. I also stuck someone with a smoke grenade and it took like 10 seconds to detonate for some reason. Probably just lag, but always annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheBigAndy']You guys make my 9 Onyx and 9 Golds feel like weak sauce. I just have to remind myself that seriously 3.0 is a marathon and not a sprint.[/QUOTE]

I'm nowhere close to Seriously 3.0. I'm never going to make it unless they have some drastic weekend where everything counts double or more (XP, Kills, Medals, etc.). Even if they staggered out to 'one weekend is double kills for the Lancer' and 'next weekend is quadruple XP' and 'the one after that is double ribbons towards Medals' it'd be a lot better than just random weekends of different game types. They should try to encourage people going for Seriously 3.0 but for some reason they don't want to do that.

Tried some Beast Mode with an Idle 2nd Controller in Private Matches this morning. I wish 'Ready for the Heavies' was more than 1 per Session though. I think I'll be switching maps though. Trenches is terrible for Solo-esque Beast. Same goes for Founder. I hate that it's only 1 per Session.

beast mode with a decent group can be done in 13-15 minutes, some even faster. It's like FF arcade timewise...and i've been in games where beast mode finished in under 11 minutes w/only 3-4 ppl. 1 per session seems fair due to the time invested.

[quote name='KingBroly']I've been going for Force Multiplier lately, and I'm really annoyed because they added some thing where if you have a 10x Multiplier and you get hit by 1 bullet, ONE BULLET, you lose it. It goes to 9x, but your circle is full. Such shit. It's cost me about 4 times so far and it ticks me off.
[/QUOTE]

Where are you grinding Force Multiplier? The Air Barge scene or the Base Defense? Or is there a better place than those two? Any preference and/or tips tricks you could pass along?

Air Barge seemed quick/easy, but I got burnt a few times when the queen somehow hit me even when I was in cover right at the end which is total BS. The Base Defense seemed easier to stop from getting hit, but cutting down like 10 waves of maulers/boomers seemed to take too long, even with super reload, etc enabled.

for me the air barge works best, least amount of effort for the medal. getting burnt a few times in the short time it takes to do it seems more efficient than going through base defense.

[quote name='100xp']for me the air barge works best, least amount of effort for the medal. getting burnt a few times in the short time it takes to do it seems more efficient than going through base defense.[/QUOTE]

Yea, we only need 100 for that medal, correct? I should just grind out like 10-20 a day and get that one out of the way along with the other campaign onxys.

I should really get back to working on some of the other Onyx medals, but the problem I find is that you can get all of the achievements except Seriously in like 10-15 hours, then you have a 2 or 3 month grind to get Seriously. If there were some progression achievements I'd definitely be more motivated to work towards Seriously. Say something for getting 25/50/75% of the onyx medals would definitely help me justify the grind.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm nowhere close to Seriously 3.0. I'm never going to make it unless they have some drastic weekend where everything counts double or more (XP, Kills, Medals, etc.). Even if they staggered out to 'one weekend is double kills for the Lancer' and 'next weekend is quadruple XP' and 'the one after that is double ribbons towards Medals' it'd be a lot better than just random weekends of different game types. They should try to encourage people going for Seriously 3.0 but for some reason they don't want to do that.

Tried some Beast Mode with an Idle 2nd Controller in Private Matches this morning. I wish 'Ready for the Heavies' was more than 1 per Session though. I think I'll be switching maps though. Trenches is terrible for Solo-esque Beast. Same goes for Founder. I hate that it's only 1 per Session.[/QUOTE]

I 2nd controller boost on Checkout for Beast. it works pretty well.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm nowhere close to Seriously 3.0. I'm never going to make it unless they have some drastic weekend where everything counts double or more (XP, Kills, Medals, etc.). Even if they staggered out to 'one weekend is double kills for the Lancer' and 'next weekend is quadruple XP' and 'the one after that is double ribbons towards Medals' it'd be a lot better than just random weekends of different game types. They should try to encourage people going for Seriously 3.0 but for some reason they don't want to do that.[/QUOTE]

This is another reason I'm not pushing too hard for Seriously 3.0 anytime soon. I think they will do something like this down the road, after they release all their planned DLC packs and the game starts to drop out of the xbox Live top 10 list. Look at the history of how they went from ignoring their fans to actually listening and making things more reasonable:

They ignored issues with Seriously in Gears 1 not unlocking at 10k kills. At Gears 2 Launch the servers were broken and they further kicked players in the nuts by adding on the Level system which included the level 100 achievement which required an insane amount of xp to unlock. They then made the achievement much easier by running the xp events. They started off small with 2/4/6 times xp, until finally just acquiescing and running those insane xp events (30x xp or something crazy like that) which made getting to level 100 attainable over a few days of boosting. Hell, they even permanently made horde 22x xp in the Japanese version of Gears 2, which never even got many of the later title updates the US version got.

The multiple kill/ribbon/xp events are coming for Gears 3, but you will just have to wait for them.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm nowhere close to Seriously 3.0. I'm never going to make it unless they have some drastic weekend where everything counts double or more (XP, Kills, Medals, etc.). Even if they staggered out to 'one weekend is double kills for the Lancer' and 'next weekend is quadruple XP' and 'the one after that is double ribbons towards Medals' it'd be a lot better than just random weekends of different game types. They should try to encourage people going for Seriously 3.0 but for some reason they don't want to do that.

Tried some Beast Mode with an Idle 2nd Controller in Private Matches this morning. I wish 'Ready for the Heavies' was more than 1 per Session though. I think I'll be switching maps though. Trenches is terrible for Solo-esque Beast. Same goes for Founder. I hate that it's only 1 per Session.[/QUOTE]

For founder you can earn a founder medal each 10 rounds I believe. Ie after the boss wave ends the next round allows you to earn a founder metal until all bases have been bought. THat still stinks though. I have all my horde oynx medal except that one and the I am rich bitch one which I only need a million more points (4/5) earned but I only have like 91 founder medals (150 is gold, not sure for onyx). I do wish they would do special events to earn more or just lower the level needed like they did for nemesis. (only have 4 of those...will likely boost that)
Seriously 3.0 isnt't really a hard achievement. Just time consuming and dull.

If you want to backup your gears 3 save to cloud you have to:

- Enable cloud
- Start Gears 3 and select cloud as your save device.
The game should start and save your stats onto cloud automatically.
- Play 1 game of private, you can quit early.

Then you should have a backup file. I guess if you want to update that file, delete it and make a new one this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F6ODna_PuM

I ended up doing this because i have heard people getting their stats reset because their save becomes corrupt. I personally have never had problems with save files in any games, but i am not going to take the chance. I will probably update it once a week maybe.

This week is also going to be double xp across all playlists. So if you are going for 100, this weekend is a good time to play.

Played private hoarde for hours and finally got the achievement for upgrading the command center all the way. Longest part was just getting my turrets up to lvl 8. There's no way in HELL I'm trying for the silverback upgrades. Such a chore. Reasonable goals, please, Epic.

Game froze on me twice today. This is starting to get annoying. Its always when i just joined a match. Either black screen, or i see a few seconds of the match going on and then it freezes. -_-

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Played private hoarde for hours and finally got the achievement for upgrading the command center all the way. Longest part was just getting my turrets up to lvl 8. There's no way in HELL I'm trying for the silverback upgrades. Such a chore. Reasonable goals, please, Epic.[/QUOTE]
I think you can get the achievement with someone elses silverback though

BTW I was wrong about the founder medal. You do only get it once a game but you can get even after someone else does

The Command Center achievement isn't bad. I got it through normal playing. But yeah, the Silverback goal is ridiculous. I can barely imagine upgrading the Silverback to the required level, much less getting the 500 missile kills.

[quote name='KingBroly']I've been going for Force Multiplier lately, and I'm really annoyed because they added some thing where if you have a 10x Multiplier and you get hit by 1 bullet, ONE BULLET, you lose it. It goes to 9x, but your circle is full. Such shit. [/QUOTE]
Worse yet, my initial reaction when that happens is to restart my last checkpoint to get it back to 10, but doing that reverts it back to 1.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']You guys make my 9 Onyx and 9 Golds feel like weak sauce. I just have to remind myself that seriously 3.0 is a marathon and not a sprint.[/QUOTE]
Some people already have Seriously 3.0, at least according to the Gears website. But it seems like those people rushed through the game so rapidly that I wouldn't even think they 'played' it.

[quote name='kklems']BTW I was wrong about the founder medal. You do only get it once a game but you can get even after someone else does[/QUOTE]
They finally corrected that after people complained about how in Standard Horde a jackass would rush to the closest base and found it, just to get the ribbon, then quit. This just allows all 5 people to get the ribbon over time, hopefully reducing players from screwing over their whole team (assuming all 5 players continue in the game for a time long enough to buy the remaining 4 bases).

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Where are you grinding Force Multiplier? The Air Barge scene or the Base Defense? Or is there a better place than those two? Any preference and/or tips tricks you could pass along?

Air Barge seemed quick/easy, but I got burnt a few times when the queen somehow hit me even when I was in cover right at the end which is total BS. The Base Defense seemed easier to stop from getting hit, but cutting down like 10 waves of maulers/boomers seemed to take too long, even with super reload, etc enabled.[/QUOTE]

I use the Air Barge since it takes 2:46 according to the clock. The issue I've run into is that sometimes after I get the 10x multiplier a random Reaver bullet will hit me and drop it to 9x. It's REALLY annoying. I originally had problems with it, but then I learned the timing and trajectory in which I had to shoot the Barge to take it down.

Yeah, Seriously 3.0 isn't hard, but it's a bitch. I just think they should try and motivate people every so often. That's really why people play COD, for the constant reassurance that they don't suck. It's really the only multiplayer game that does that, and it's a big reason why COD is so successful.

Just backed up my save to the cloud. Good stuff. Interesting note that the video didn't discuss: It'll update your HDD save with your cloud storage save after backup so you'll still have that 1 match of play in your history.

Hey king broly, every time you log in xbox it says you want to play gears thanks to the new beacons, even if you arent playing it. :D

Oh and my xbox just froze again after joining a match, thats a total of 3 times today. I wish i knew what the problem was. Seems to be happening ever since i downloaded the dec 1 dashboard preview update. Im using my new Gears xbox and havent had problems before with it. I thought maybe it has to do with it being on my hard drive maybe. I really dont know.

[quote name='KingBroly']When I turn my system on it says you want to play Gears thanks to those horrible beacons.[/QUOTE]

O really? I didnt even set it to say anything. Must do it automatically? I thought you had to set it to announce you wanted to play.

[quote name='KingBroly']When I turn my system on it says you want to play Gears thanks to those horrible beacons.[/QUOTE]

O really? I didnt even set it to say anything. Must do it automatically? I thought you had to set it to announce you wanted to play.

Just got the gold medal in skunker.... that was skunk enemy teams 500 times. To get to onyx i need to skunk a team 2500 times. that seems like a big jump from gold to onyx. :bomb:

oh and a tweet from me to you... :D

Whenever i see a bunch of players using SOS in #Gears3, it makes me feel like im watching the Special Olympics of shooters.

I don't have you on my Twitter feed, sadly. And no, Beacons aren't set automatically.

I don't really like the big jumps for Medals. There's enough there to keep me going until I inevitably hit 100 (although reducing those thresholds would make it a lot easier; If I instantly got all the Onyx Medals I needed right now I'd go from 57 to about 89 just due to the XP gain).

My concern is spoilers and seeing it for the first time when i actually play it. If i already see 20 minutes then its not the same cos i know whats going to happen. But i really cant wait for this!

Played some brothers to the end event and its okay. Would be better if i had a good player to join up with. Last match I lost because my teammate couldnt stay alive and id get double teamed. Had a good match before that though. Hate how hammerburst downs me in 2 bullets. :X

Im starting to think the incendiaries are a little too easy to kill people with. I was sitting behind cover and got killed, then as the camera showed where i died the flame radius didnt even touch where i was sitting, and it wasnt a direct hit. It landed behind me, but somehow killed me. Also there are times where i throw the flame like 5 feet in front of me and i end up killing myself. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a video on YouTube of someone unlocking Seriously 3.0. The ingame content you unlock is just the Seriously medal... I just lost my motivation to earn that achievement :/

[quote name='popular penguin']I saw a video on YouTube of someone unlocking Seriously 3.0. The ingame content you unlock is just the Seriously medal... I just lost my motivation to earn that achievement :/[/QUOTE]

But for Gears 4 you will have a skin that everyone gets for free with the first dlc pack of gears 4 :)

[quote name='popular penguin']I saw a video on YouTube of someone unlocking Seriously 3.0. The ingame content you unlock is just the Seriously medal... I just lost my motivation to earn that achievement :/[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaqiaW2vtRY&feature=related

Wow... I was at least hoping the Flaming Retro would be unlocked for that. I'm almost halfway to it and am finding myself bored, and that news didn't help.

I kind of liked that in Halo: Reach your armor was just a reflection of how often and how well you played, and that it was just to "show off" to fellow gamers, but that it didn't require you to play endlessly to get the achievements. I think Seriously 3.0 actually devalues the Onyxing (?) of a medal, especially the starter weapons, as most people still playing the game are working to unlock them, and won't care to see you carrying an Onyx shotgun or rifle.

Speaking of onyx weapons, the closest one i have to onyx is the gnasher 3,069/6000. Half way home baby! My lancer is in the 2000's close to 3k though. Funny thing is once i get onyx for that, i wont be able to show off my gun skin because ill have to move onto the next gun to get 6000 kills. LOL.

I agree with Ebbtide, i like how halo has it where the more you play/better you are, you can show that off via armor. Gun camo in gears doesnt mean much. It would have been nice to reward players for getting seriously 3.0. But then again Epic doesnt seem to want to leave anyone out. They basically give skins away or make it simple to get for everyone.

I think hammerburst needs nerfing. Maybe its the servers being down, maybe not. But it seems like im constantly getting hammerburst down in 2-3 bullets. Even when they are far away. One split second and im down. And also the snub, idk if its just me or what, but some games i can shoot it really quick. Then another game i try to shoot it quick and it doesnt respond well and misses shots, and comes out really slow. Like there are big gaps between bullets.

Did they reduce the Weapon Kill Requirements? I seem to remember the Lancer having a bigger requirement for Onyx than 6k.

I got a Silver for Execution Matches. That's nice. Next up is Wingman. But first, I'll need to do the Weekend Event. I wish I could do more than one of these a weekend.

[quote name='KingBroly']Did they reduce the Weapon Kill Requirements? I seem to remember the Lancer having a bigger requirement for Onyx than 6k.

I got a Silver for Execution Matches. That's nice. Next up is Wingman. But first, I'll need to do the Weekend Event. I wish I could do more than one of these a weekend.[/QUOTE]

All 5 starting weapons have been 6k

They need to fix the incendiary glitch, often times ill hit someone with an incendiary, but i get killed before it hits them. Then it doesnt give me the kill or points, and the line just shows the incendiary nade and who got killed. Like there was no killer. :/

RAAM's Shadow looks really impressive. It almost makes me want to buy the Season Pass...but I have to restrain myself. It's a 2gb download, so make sure you have space set for it when it comes out if you're getting it.

I just saw this posted at the Gears site, but there's a surprise in Bullet Marsh, Horde Mode. It actually could help people who need to complete Horde still. Not sure how often it can be used (I'm guessing once per game).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlF7Ci2A0Is

Whats a good set up to AFK boost wingman and CTL matches?

I just got silver in Execution. So i just need silver in Wingman, CTL, and KOTH which im doing now. KOTH vs 1 bot, 60 seconds to win on insane. Then ill have prescott. LOL

Ill probably play a lot of CTL so i can play me vs 1 bot, to get the win as the leader medal.

bread's done
Back