Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

Every game i play has bad bullet lag, similar to gears 2. Maybe its my 1.3mb download 0.3 upload connection? IDK, i just want this damn achievement then ill stop playing MP. LOL

I told you I would help there was a couple of people in here that would have helped you as well. Easiest way I guess to get top rank is frag tag and don't die if your connection is bad is that bad. I usually do that on shit UK connections.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Cool i just played an annex match, i had the most points out of everyone, the last guy left on the opponent team leaves before the last round could start, game over, achievement NOT unlocked.

Gears 1 has horrible lag, everyone talks about Gears 2 and how bad the lag is but wow, gears 1 is as bad. Guys are picking up nades and i shoot them point blank and they end up killing me. Enemy needs a revive, i blast him, he gets up and kills me.

Whenever i try to host my own game literally no one joins.

EDIT: Just finished an annex match and we won, i was tied with the most points and didnt get the achievement. Does it not work on annex?[/QUOTE]
You can't get the achievement in Annex.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow, so im reading that if you have the Veteran Guard achievement, you shouldnt play the game early, even if you got it legally. Because if you do you will not unlock the gold weapons from the VG achievement. You have to wait for the 1st update. Joe even said that if you dont get an update when you put it in, dont press start. Of course you could play it on an account that doesnt have it probably and be safe.[/QUOTE]

Veteran Guard? Do you mean Veteran Gear, get level 100 in Gears 2?

[quote name='GUNNM']yeah he obviously meant veteran gear[/QUOTE]

I asked because they have an "Old Guard" medal and "Onyx Guard" skins so I thought there was some new Veteran Guard achievement maybe pertaining to the beta. It wasn't obvious to me hence I asked. I was going to edit my post after I went back a page or two and clarified for myself, but thank you for being so helpful.

I take it the update that fixes the issue will be live on or around Monday/Tuesday?

[quote name='popular penguin']^
I don't think you have to worry about anything as long as you buy the game at retail.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I'm going around midnight.

I'm personally buying on the 20th and not putting in the disc until I find confirmation the update is actually live online. When it comes to dicking up or postponing perfectly functional game patches via certification, Microsoft's expertise is unparalleled. Since Gold and Bulletstorm Flame are the only two unique skins I have I'll gladly wait for an all clear guaranteeing I get to keep what I deserve.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So does anyone want to get this gears 1 "Dont hate the game" achievement with me? Ive been trying to do it today with no luck. If i can get 5 other people, i dont mind help other people get it too. Let me know and maybe we can do it later tonight?

Who is in...
The 7th Number[/QUOTE]

Just message me and I'll try to help.

[quote name='KingBroly']Just message me and I'll try to help.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'll help you guys. Just get three more dudes and you all can just boost it.

It's almost like I'd rather not read about the game anymore, as Epic keeps looking like assholes as more information comes out. Honestly, I'd rather read spoilers at this point, as at least I'd just hate the poster who reveals them.

As for the weapon skin bullshit; all they needed to do was release one exclusive weapon skin pack a month after the game released. Not 22 skins that were referenced in multiplayer footage, or even available during the beta. If they had simply released one skin that was call the Supporter Skin (or something lame like that), which was just to 'donate' to the use of dedicated servers, I would have been fine with that. But this explicit conning of gamers is so repulsive.

I keep clicking on my pre-orders, drifting over the "Cancel" option.

Yeah, thanks for the help 7th Number, even though you didn't have to. I'm going to check on those COG Tag Achievements, because seeing them and not being able to pick them up was annoying as hell.

And yeah, EPIC needs to come clean with what the Season Pass entails. Really shady work with the DLC kinda undermines the work they've done to try and build the community.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']...This is getting pretty fucking ridiculous.

Uh huh... definitely waiting to hear the complete content list for the Season Pass. Well assuming I can actually believe what I'm being told at that point in time. I swear every year it's becoming more of a struggle not to quit gaming again.[/QUOTE]

This guy's post pretty much sums it up, for me at least:

[quote name='GnasherIsGears']I'm not getting the season pass because I do not trust Epic anymore.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he said "not the first 4 DLC" because the gun skins pack might fall into the category of a DLC pack? At least thats what im hoping.

It really is ridiculous, epic is coming off as incompetent when it comes to organizing their shit. It really annoys me, and that guy is right, im starting to not trust epic. You can get two different answers about some form of DLC from two different epic employees. They keep flip flopping stuff, its like they dont know what they want to do. Here are some exclusive skins for being a veteran gear, oh wait you can get them in other ways. Here is a infected omen lancer with controller, oh why not have the whole pack to make epic edition less valuable. Look at all these cool gun skins, oh wait you have to buy them. Bernie is in the game, no you have to buy her on DLC in november. I mean when are they going to put their foot down and stand firm on something. The way they are going im sure we will see Beta exclusives obtainable in one form or another. Gears of War Beta DLC anyone? 5 flaming weapons, Thrashball Cole, all for 800 points. Seriously this whole process has been a big mess, and they really need to get their info straight before they go out saying whats going to happen.

It's not as if I don't trust Epic, it's just that they're looking really incompetent right now. Gears is a little more than a week away, but they can't get their crap together. Why can't we get details on the season pass? Why are there rumors about Veteran Gear unlocks not, well, unlocking? Why so many fuck paid weapon skins (that I won't buy!)?

That being said, I'm going to buy the game and play the hell out of it, and yeah, probably buy some DLC at some point too.

Wow thats fucked up. Im going to hold off from the season pass as well even though I just bought a 4000 point card just for it btw the first DLC is pretty much only weapon skins and character DLC so this idea doesn't seem far fetched. Ugh fucking epic

[quote name='drktrpr1']It's not as if I don't trust Epic, it's just that they're looking really incompetent right now. Gears is a little more than a week away, but they can't get their crap together. Why can't we get details on the season pass? Why are there rumors about Veteran Gear unlocks not, well, unlocking? Why so many fuck paid weapon skins (that I won't buy!)?

That being said, I'm going to buy the game and play the hell out of it, and yeah, probably buy some DLC at some point too.[/QUOTE]

That's why they are releasing a bunch of DLC such as skins. Because people will pay for it. It's not big deal. Buy it if you want to and don't buy it if you don't want to.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']As for the weapon skin bullshit; all they needed to do was release one exclusive weapon skin pack a month after the game released. Not 22 skins that were referenced in multiplayer footage, or even available during the beta. If they had simply released one skin that was call the Supporter Skin (or something lame like that), which was just to 'donate' to the use of dedicated servers, I would have been fine with that. But this explicit conning of gamers is so repulsive.

I keep clicking on my pre-orders, drifting over the "Cancel" option.[/QUOTE]

I would have happily bought the skin in a split second to support a feature this game desperately needed just to provide a fair consistent experience. Honesty in this industry is becoming an extremely underrated concept. They could have easily avoided all of this drama and confusion had they cared less about future profit and more about their fan base.

I understand they have the right to charge for whatever they want whenever they want, but deliberately withholding or severely altering information past the point of no return just to secure pre-orders is beyond shady.

When I heard the term "Season Pass" for Gears 3, my original thought is that it'd be all 4 Map Packs, but given all the DLC shenanigans I'm not so sure anymore.

Here's what I want to know: If I buy the season pass AFTER the first DLC is released, will that DLC be counted as 1 of the 4 DLC? Or will I get the following 4 DLC for free?

[quote name='popular penguin']Here's what I want to know: If I buy the season pass AFTER the first DLC is released, will that DLC be counted as 1 of the 4 DLC? Or will I get the following 4 DLC for free?[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by joeGraf
The Season Pass includes 4 DLCs, not the *first* 4 DLCs, 4 specific DLCs.

Its tied to 4 specific DLC packs no matter when you buy it, Rod already said its a mix of Campaign, MP, and Horde. You wont get stuck with guns DLC pack if you buy this.

XWafty CrankerX from the epic forums put together a nice list of unlockables/DLC. Check it out in the spoiler.

Starting Characters:

COG: Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird, Anya
Locust: Drone, Savage Drone, Grenadier Elite, Savage Grenadier, Myrrah

Rank Progression Characters:

COG Gear - Level 2
Miner - Level 3
Sam Byrne - Level 4
Beast Rider - Level 5
Dizzy Wallin - Level 7
Hunter - Level 8
Jace Stratton - Level 10
Theron Guard - Level 12
Clayton Carmine - Level 14
Classic Dom - Level 17
Spotter - Level 20
Classic Cole - Level 23
Flame Grenadier - Level 26
Classic Baird - Level 30
Benjamin Carmine - Level 34
Grenadier - Level 39
Civilian Anya - Level 45
Victor Hoffman - Level 50
Hunter Elite - Level 60
Anthony Carmine - Level 75

Medal/Miscellaneous Unlock Characters:

Classic Marcus - Silver Veteran Medal (Play 200 Matches)
Unarmored Marcus - Complete the Campaign, Any Difficulty.
Superstar Cole - Gold MVP Medal (MVP 100 Matches)
Chairman Prescott - Silver Allfathers Medal (Play 200 Matches in all 6 Game Modes)
Golden Gear - Bronze War Supporter Medal (Play in 5 Gears Events)
Savage Theron Guard - Beat Beast Mode, All Difficulties.
Kantus - Gold Medic Medal (Revive 150 Teammates)
Sniper - Bronze Headshot Medal (Get 100 Headshots)
Golden Hunter - Gold Master-At-Arms Medal (Get 3,000 Kills with all 5 Starting Weapons)
Golden Miner - Gold Rifleman Medal (Get 300 Kills with all 3 Rifles)
Griffin - Facebook Promotion or Gold Big Spender Medal ($300,000 in Horde cash)
Cole Train - Through the Beta or a currently unknown way in the Retail.

Pre-Order Characters:

Commando Dom - GameStop Pre-order Exclusive
Mechanic Baird - Bestbuy Pre-order Exclusive
Savage Kantus - Amazon Pre-order Exclusive
Savage Grenadier Elite - Walmart Pre-order Exclusive
Adam Fenix - Exclusive to Limited and Epic Editions (Or if you redeemed your Gears Infected Omen Controller code before 9/9/11)

DLC Characters:

Bernie Mataki - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November
Onyx Guard - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November
Tai Kaliso
Ming Young Kim
RAAM
Skorge
Michael Barrick

DLC Maps:

Azura - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November
Rust Lung - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November

Weapon Unlocks:

Crimson Omen Lancer - 12 + 2 XBL Gold Card Promotion
Crimson Omen Hammerburst - Welcome to Beast (Survive all 12 waves of Beast mode)
Crimson Omen Retro Lancer - Welcome to Horde (Survive the first 10 waves of Horde mode)
Crimson Omen Gnasher - Welcome to Versus (Kill 10 enemies in Team Deathmatch)
Crimson Omen Sawed-Off - Welcome to Arcade (Complete 5 Arcade Campaign chapters in co-op)

Team Insignia Retro - Bronze Veteran Medal (Play 100 Matches)
Team Insignia Lancer - Silver Veteran Medal (Play 200 Matches)
Team Insignia Hammerburst - Gold Veteran Medal (Play 300 Matches)
Team Insignia Shotgun Set - Onyx Veteran Medal (Play 400 Matches)

Flaming Hammerburst - Unlocked if you played the beta between April 18th - April 24th.
Flaming Lancer - Unlocked if you played the beta between April 25th - May 1st.
Flaming Retro Lancer - No information at the moment...
Flaming Sawed-Off - Unlocked if you played the beta between May 2nd - May 8th.
Flaming Gnasher - Unlocked if you played the beta between May 9th - May 15th.

Gold Lancer - Play Gears 3 online between Sept. 20th and Sept. 27th or Download codes from Gears of War 2 (Carries over if you already have them).
Gold Hammerburst - Play Gears 3 online between Sept. 20th and Sept. 27th or Download codes from Gears of War 2 (Carries over if you already have them).
Gold Retro Lancer - Unlocked in beta (complete 90 matches and get 100 kills with the gold Retro Lancer) or can also be unlocked by getting Veteran Gear in Gears 2.
Gold Gnasher - Unlocked by getting Veteran Gear in Gears 2.
Gold Sawed-Off - Unlocked via the Commando achievement in Gears of War 1 (Complete Gears of War 1 on Insane).

(NOTE - Veteran Gear Achievement in Gears 2 unlocks the gold skin for all five starting weapons)

Chrome Lancer - In Gears 1, finish a ranked match with the highest amount of points.
Chrome Hammerburst - Complete 10 waves of Horde, on any difficulty, on any map, in Gears 2.
Chrome Retro Lancer - In Gears 1, complete 10 different co-op chapters as Dominic Santiago on any difficulty.
Chrome Gnasher - Complete the campaigns of Gears of War 1, 2 and 3, on any difficulty.
Chrome Sawed-Off – Have at least one achievement from Gears of War PC.

Onyx Lancer – Get 6000 kills with the Lancer in Gears 3.
Onyx Hammerburst – Get 6000 kills with the Hammerburst in Gears 3.
Onyx Retro Lancer – Get 6000 kills with the Retro Lancer in Gears 3.
Onyx Gnasher – Get 6000 kills with the Gnasher in Gears 3.
Onyx Sawed-Off – Get 6000 kills with the Sawed-Off in Gears 3.

Gold Omen (all 5 starting weapons) - Reach level 100 in Gears of War 3.
Infected Omen (all 5 starting weapons) - Included with the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, LE Console or LE Controller (if redeemed before 9/9).

Liquid Metal (all 5 starting weapons)- Included with the Gears of War 3 Season Pass.
Green (all 5 starting weapons) - Obtained (for free) through a yet to be announced promotion.
White / Ivory (all 5 starting weapons) - Exclusive to Epic employees or those who are close friends with Joe Graf.

DLC Weapon Skins (thanks to Toast Wizard)

#Garish
# Arctic
# Desert Digital
# Desert Camo
# Deadly Cute (Pink)
# Childs Play
# Blood
# Electric (Lightning)
# Flower
# Haze
# Immulsion
# Rainbow
# Team Pulse
# Oil Slick
# Ocean
# Thunderstorm
# Team Distress
# Team Metal
# Tiger Stripe
# Jungle
# Tribal
# Urban
They will all be available day 1 for an as of now unanouced price

I guess that's cool. Thanks for the post!

Hopefully the weapon skins are really cheap. I find it to be stupid that they are still charging for them. There are barely any skins that can be gotten normally, but I guess when compared to Gears 1 and 2, it's more than they had. I'm going to have to get some points so I can buy myself the Deadly Cute pack. Totally holding off on the season pass until they announce everything that will be included in the first DLC pack.

Yeah when i initially read GOLD MVP, i was thinking that would be hard, but 100 doesnt seem like that much. I also think there is a mode you can play against bots? Not totally sure, but i thought i read there is such a mode, not sure if that would count towards the medals though. I think it would be cool to have, i know a friend that loved playing Combat Training in Blops. A CPU vs mode would be nice to have to escape the regular MP sometimes, or for those who dont have XBLG.

My connection kind of sucks so sometimes even in the beta, i would get games against all bots. Almost got the kill 25 enemies in a row ribbon that way.

Man i cant wait to get this game!

I wish they never made the Battle Mistress medal. I wouldn't be surprised to see everybody pick Anya/Sam & the queen. I'm gonna try to Onyx that medal ASAP so I could use Cole. Everyone loves the Cole Train, baby!

Those of you intimidated by the Superstar Cole requirement severely underestimate the power of host and lag in Gears 2. The same people who steamrolled you in that game WILL be dying in the same situations the G2 net code intervened if you're playing on a server. Huge difference. I barely managed to hold down a 1.2 k/d for three years in GoW 2. A month in the beta I couldn't drop below 1.8 in every game type using every gun I could get my hands on.

A 100 matches in the top spot should be a piece of cake in social. Especially in KOTH where players are awarded more points for playing the objective than anything else. Unless you're completely new to the franchise it's very doable.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Those of you intimidated by the Superstar Cole requirement severely underestimate the power of host and lag in Gears 2. The same people who steamrolled you in that game WILL be dying in the same situations the G2 net code intervened if you're playing on a server. Huge difference. I barely managed to hold down a 1.2 k/d for three years in GoW 2. A month in the beta I couldn't drop below 1.8 in every game type using every gun I could get my hands on.

A 100 matches in the top spot should be a piece of cake in social. Especially in KOTH where players are awarded more points for playing the objective than anything else. Unless you're completely new to the franchise it's very doable.[/QUOTE]

exactly, doesn't seem difficult at all. I have a terrible connection despite having an open NAT (mainly due to my network setup and the fact that my console is 2 floors above the basement where the router is) but did fine in Gears 2. kd in execution was probably around .8x and 1+ in guardian.

the most annoying unlocks seem to be the ones tied to playing previous games (doubt I placed first in Gears 1 since I played Gear 2 first). also needing a pc achievement seems like a fuck you.

wtf.... RAAM should be unlocked from the get-go, especially since I already unlocked him in Gears 2 by beating him in Gears 1, and now they're withholding him for DLC? him and Tai were the only characters I played as in Gears 2, and both are being withheld from the game? fucking stupid.

[quote name='thrustbucket']How many of you are going straight for multiplayer the moment you pop the disc in vs campaign?[/QUOTE]

Ill be going straight for campaign on easy.... mainly play on easy so i can enjoy the story and not get stuck on a part i have to replay 20 times. Also helps me get a feel for the gameplay before i jump into MP.

You need to play online between September 20 and 27 to unlock the Gold Lancer & Gold Hammerburst (unless you had one or both in Gears 2 - they carry forward).

[quote name='thrustbucket']How many of you are going straight for multiplayer the moment you pop the disc in vs campaign?[/QUOTE]

I am. I want to learn the maps, test weapons balance tweaks, get my Gnasher back up to snuff, figure out how to recognize when I'm on and off server waiting in the lobby or a few seconds into a match like I could with host and lag in G2, gauge the skill level of launch players and earn the necessary 240 revives for my God Complex title asap so I'll only have to pick up randoms in clutch situations.

Should I link up with a competent team then the CTL Guardian Angel title is next. If my boy Alex is on we'll probably head straight to that just to get GC required revives out of the way on each other then troll extra HARD in King of the Hill for the rest of the night (I cap and defend, he bodies and controls power weapon spawns, we profit.). Also going to harass anyone with a paid weapon skin in game for the hell of it. ;P

Once I tire of all that or the servers explode then I'll delve into the campaign and Horde/Beast for characters and weapon skins. Ugh... last week before this game in my hands where it belongs. I'll survive until then somehow.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']exactly, doesn't seem difficult at all. I have a terrible connection despite having an open NAT (mainly due to my network setup and the fact that my console is 2 floors above the basement where the router is) but did fine in Gears 2. kd in execution was probably around .8x and 1+ in guardian.

the most annoying unlocks seem to be the ones tied to playing previous games (doubt I placed first in Gears 1 since I played Gear 2 first). also needing a pc achievement seems like a fuck you.[/QUOTE]

NAT has nothing to do with the quality of your connection by the way and I'm sure you would feel different if you had a PC achievement.

It looks like I'll have all the Gears 1/2 dependant skins if Vet Gear indeed unlocks all 5 gold weapons. I'm still on the fence about the Season Pass and weapon skins, but I'm sure I'll get drunk 1 night and think theyre so cool and buy them. I think I had over 100 MVPs in the beta, but the beta was what, a month or 2 long?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The beta was a month long. A month and one week if you count all the Twitter whores who spammed their way into V.I.P. codes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember now, but then again they changed how the weapons handled too so we'll just have to see. Definitely shoot me an invite if you're gonna be playing with people man. My buddy is training at Fort Benning this month I think so he won't be on for a while and I'll be lonely.

[quote name='hustletron']Yeah I remember now, but then again they changed how the weapons handled too so we'll just have to see. Definitely shoot me an invite if you're gonna be playing with people man. My buddy is training at Fort Benning this month I think so he won't be on for a while and I'll be lonely.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. I owe a lot of people game time on my FL but I'll definitely save you a spot. I warn you though the bulk of my FL are a relatively urban and loud bunch from Cali, Florida and New York. Don't feel bad if you have to mute some of them, but don't clam up either. They are good people.

bread's done
Back