Gears of War - General Discussion 2 - Re-release 6/24 w/Maps and Extras (No PC Stuff)

How do I go about getting updated? I've signed onto Gears a few times and have not been forced to update and I can't seem to get into any matches either.

[quote name='craven_fiend']How do I go about getting updated? I've signed onto Gears a few times and have not been forced to update and I can't seem to get into any matches either.[/quote] Try rebooting your XBOX 360, make sure that you're signed on to XBOX Live before you insert or launch the Gears Disc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Try rebooting your XBOX 360, make sure that you're signed on to XBOX Live before you insert or launch the Gears Disc.[/quote]

Thats what I've been doing. Guess I'll give it another try and see how it goes.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Thats what I've been doing. Guess I'll give it another try and see how it goes.[/quote]

If that doesn't work, I hear that clearing the cache, will delete all the updates and it will definately prompt you to update again.

I like annex so far, really fast paced and different from what i'm used to on here. Nice to have some variety.

[quote name='Chacrana']Whoa... j00 guys maybe wanna play later on? I can't be on too late, but I do wanna try this out.[/quote]

ditto, Ill send you an invite if I get on later.

I played a round of execution on the rooftops that was SO much fun, all 8 of us would get up on the middle platforms, two on each rooftop side, then one man from each side would jump down, duel it out with the shotgun, then when one died, the winning player would go back to his rooftop and then another would jump in until there was only one :D... probably been done since forever.. but I was just introduced to it.

The new gametype is awesome, as are all the other updates, except the roadie run fix. I'm sticking to shit now more than ever.

I'd like to get 6-8 CAGs in a ranked room and then not go after the Annex points and just have a respawning deathmatch. It'd be great way to get to 10K kills as well, since there is no time limit.

[quote name='Trakan']The new gametype is awesome, as are all the other updates, except the roadie run fix. I'm sticking to shit now more than ever.[/QUOTE]

I am glad I am not the only one sticking to every wall I come to.

I really like Annex. It gives the game a completely different pacing and a completely different type of strategy, so it doesn't feel like the same game over and over again. I'm up for a few more matches tonight, but I cant be on too late.

[quote name='zewone']I'd like to get 6-8 CAGs in a ranked room and then not go after the Annex points and just have a respawning deathmatch. It'd be great way to get to 10K kills as well, since there is no time limit.[/quote]
I'm up for that. The new gametype is pretty good but I can see the matches lasting quite a while.

[quote name='zewone']I'd like to get 6-8 CAGs in a ranked room and then not go after the Annex points and just have a respawning deathmatch. It'd be great way to get to 10K kills as well, since there is no time limit.[/quote]

I'm down, I'm up to play pretty much anytime night.

This is actually the most fun as well. A game me and zoo just played kinda turned into just killing and it was like slayer in halo. Much, much more fun.

DAMN!!! My 360 is not set up because I brought it over to my cousins for some guitar hero on easter. I have an s-load of homework too...

I feel like I want to cry...

Hey I'd love to play some online with some fellow CAGs.

I tried playing online once and I had the worst experience to say the least. I tried playing an unranked match (cuz hey just for fun, right?) and I guess everyone in that room was in the same clan or whatever but they all started talking shit and yelling at me because I didn't know the map. Of course I didn't know the map, first time playing online remember? I haven't played online since then.

So if you guys play to have fun and are down to show an "inexperienced" player the ropes, please feel free to add me because I really would love to play online.

[quote name='Trakan']Ouch.

So there's really no reason whatsoever to play Annex ranked.[/QUOTE]
Leaderboard points... but, yeah; that sucks.

Sticking to walls has ruined the game IMO. fuckin they left the chainsaw glitch in, infinite grenades, and the ability to listen to the other team and took out useful shit like weapon slide and chainsaw jump. THEY ALSO LEFT IN FALLING THROUGH THE DAMN MAP!

Thanks for ruining a good game Epic by listening to all the fuckers bitching.

Love the new game type. Hate sticking to every friggin wall I come to. The old "fast" routes to snipers and other crucial weapons have me sticking to corners and such now. If they intended this I have no idea why...if they didn't they need to get a new update out soon to fix the thing. This game is a great example of the good and bad of constantly messing with games.

I was wondering why I was clinging to the walls like a fucking fly.

Not really sure if I dig this gametype, either. Well, for Ranked matches, that is. By the second round, it becomes 3 on 1, or something ridiculous, as everyone quits... thus making the matches seem much LONGER, even when it's a fuckin' blow-out.

I think the rounds should have been timed, or something.

120 points works really well. My friends and I played four rounders of 120 points and no one ever quit out even though we were destroying the other team.

The introduction of infinite respawns means that kills in Annex don't count towards any of the kill-based achievements like "Seriously …" or "The Nuge."

[quote name='Trakan']Ouch.

So there's really no reason whatsoever to play Annex ranked.[/QUOTE]

Unless they mean that it doesn't count just towards those 2 achivements.

The wall sticking is kind of annoying. I was playing a ranked annex match, where half of the people quit because they don't get how to play annex, and the rest of the time was just me against 3 people. Most of the time when I try to run I end up leaning against a rock or wall.

I played for a couple hours on player match and very few people quit.

Is it just me or is the torque bow super cheap now? Notes said it made it more lenient on moving targets. I'm not sure I'm happy with this. There are always players that always get the torque bow, and now they are even better.

[quote name='zewone']So, is the consensus of the internets that they broke this game?[/QUOTE]

I noticed different consistency in wall attachment, but I wouldn't go as far (yet) to say it's broken. It just seems the rules have changed a bit.

I actually have noticed in gridlock that i don't attach to corners I use to when i run right next to them, it actually pushed me away while i was roadie-running.

Yeah, I was wondering I was sticking so much now. I've never had a problem with it whatsoever. It's happening too much though. Freakin' awesome new game type though. A huge blast it was.

[quote name='zewone']So, is the consensus of the internets that they broke this game?[/QUOTE]

Yea I think it is. I have yet to see anyone satisfied with the new patch.

If the number one complaint about the game was the roadie run they were listening to the wrong people. The only complaint about the roadie run was the freakin roadie run glitch. Instead of testing this new way of running for months they should have spent some time actually fixing real glitches instead of screwing up the game.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=567461

Thanks for the link. Here is the relevant information:
Before the update while roadie running the game would automatically check for cover acquisition every frame - looking a short distance wherever the player's character was facing.

Now with the update the game will perform the same check, *except* that it now looks which direction you're pushing on the left-stick (the one you're steering with) relative to the direction your character is facing. If you are pushing no direction on the stick it defaults to the original check. If you're getting sucked into cover *TRY PUSHING AWAY FROM WALLS WHEN ROADIE RUNNING*.

It makes more sense now after reading that what I have been experiencing. As long as you realize that the stick matters more than where you are facing, that's the key.

So I am guessing if you like to run with A held down but don't touch the stick, you are going to suck into cover. Hold the stick away from a wall, it shouldn't.

I thought this update would get me back into playing but it might be what gets me to quit for good. Annex is kind of fun but it is even more host heavy then the other game types.

The new running system is complete crap. You should not stick to anything unless you run into it head on. If I want to take cover onto something that I am running by then I will just stop and press A. And you have face buttons on the controller that don't do anything, use one of them to seperate the dive command from the A button.

Halo 3 can not come soon enough.

bread's done
Back