General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='Tybee']There's a thrift store called Rowan's on Roswell Rd. near the Big Chicken. It's in the same shopping center as Burlington, the AJC, and the second run movie theater (across from Harry's). They have a nice cache of vintage titles and new stuff for cheap. Several years ago (back in the Game Boy Color or early GBA days) I got shrinkwrapped copies of great original Game Boy games like Mole Mania, Tetris Attack, Kirby's Star Stacker, and Mario's Picross. I also picked up a new SNES Yoshi's Island console bundle after it'd been off the market for years for $45.

They also sell new mainstream DVDs for $15 apiece and a decent selection of new and used CDs for $8. The people who run it are devout Christians, so it's closed on Sundays. But I believe it's open 'til 7:00 every other day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Will have to check that out next time.

Ahh, you have revealed the secret. ;) Yes, Rowan's can be a treasure trove. I got a copy of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (cart only) for $10 a few months ago, which pleased me greatly.

They've knocked the standard new DVD price down to $12 or $13-- I forget which.

Lots of comics for $1, too.

[quote name='such great heights']Haha. Being in high school leaves me with nothing to contribute to this conversation.

Have any of you guys had consistent luck at any Goodwills in the area? I just picked up Planescape: Torment and Space Quest 4 at the Woodstock/Hwy. 92 Goodwill for$10.70. SQ4 came in a generic jewel case, but the CD is pristine. P:T came in it's original cardboard fold-out case, which was fairly beaten up, but the CDs are perfect. They didn't have anything else too notable. Myst![/quote]

I walked into the woodstock goodwill maybe twice and struck out. I was in there about 4 months ago and all they had was 3 sega genisis cartridges overpriced in the front. Probably still sitting there madden 95, lakers nba playoff, and nhl something.

I picked up Baseball Stars (NES) at the Value Village in Decatur for $1 a long time ago.

I also saw a Vectrex at the Value Village near the Vinings ... I didn't realize what it was until I got home later that night. Of course, it was gone when I ran back the next day :(

[quote name='kjauburn']I walked into the woodstock goodwill maybe twice and struck out. I was in there about 4 months ago and all they had was 3 sega genisis cartridges overpriced in the front. Probably still sitting there madden 95, lakers nba playoff, and nhl something.[/quote]

Didn't see those, so either someone got seriously duped or they moved them to the 99c store.

I like that particular Goodwill. I've looked at their electronics before, but thought it was a little too much of a crapshoot. While I was there, I overheard the manager complaning about a TV she'd bought at the Roswell Goodwill and how it had crapped out, that they should "test the TVS before putting them out like I do." Always good to know stuff like that.

Rowan's is still there eh? I haven't been there since the last day of my graduation practice for high school (2001). I think I quit going over there because my friend and I always got harassed by hobos.

[quote name='Blues']Rowan's is still there eh? I haven't been there since the last day of my graduation practice for high school (2001). I think I quit going over there because my friend and I always got harassed by hobos.[/quote]

Look, I've told you before...I'm just between jobs, all right?

Now give me a quarter.

Just in case anyone is still looking for a 360: the Edgewood Target had 1 premium and 1 core this morning, and the Edgewood BB had at least 2 premiums.

I'm not sure if they're still hard to come by in our area, but that BB seems to have them a lot; in fact, that's where I got mine back in Jan.

Just wanted to throw in another comment about how great the EBGames at Edgewood is.

Last week, I did the B2G1 sale to get games for my new PS2. I wanted to pick up Burnout Revenge, but they didn't have a used copy in stock. Instead, I picked up R&C: Up Your Arsenal. I played a little of R&C, and while it was a good game, I really wanted Burnout instead. Yesterday (on the last day of the return window) I called them and asked about Burnout. Sure enough, they had a used copy in. I run over to do the exchange, but when I get there, they can only find the disc of the used game. I start to get a little dissapointed, but then one of the clerks helps me look for the used box on the shelf. Finally, she turns to me and says, "you know, the new copy is only $2 more, you could just get that and pay the difference." I actually try and explain that I was doubtful that would work, since I bought R&C with the B2G1 used game free deal. She looks at me funny and then proceeds to ring me up with the new copy. Awesome!

That is definitely now my ebgames of choice. If you live anywhere near midtown Atlanta, you should definitely check it out.

edited: to say that the new copy was only 2$ more

[quote name='Me, in the ATL DS Lite thread']I'll be grabbing mine at the Northlake EB on sunday...the manager out there is always super super nice to me. One time I went there looking for a used copy of a game, which they didn't have. He knew I was a regular customer, so he cracked open a brand new copy of the game and sold it to me as used. I couldn't believe it! I love it when employees realize and appreciate their regular customers; it was the exact opposite of the way I get treated at the North Dekalb Mall EB....those guys will never again get my money![/QUOTE]

As I siad in the other thread, I had almost the same experience at the NL EB - which in addition to the Edgewood store are the only ones who get my money around here! I'm really glad that the Edgewood store is so good - it would be real easy for that place to go to shit considering the soccer mom/gutter punk/ghetto trash mix of clientele. Here's hoping it stays good for us!

[quote name='El Gray']Those girls are supernice, indeed.

They had cool Mario / Peach promo tshirts on yesterday. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and what's up with the almost all-girl staff? I'm not complaining, especially since they are really nice and seem like they know their shit. :cool:

I'd rather buy games from a nice girl than some douchebag dude any day!

Although I never been to edgewood EB I now know why all of you guys love it. All girl staff huh... EB just might have hit on something here...

Interesting aside:
When I picked up my DS Lite at the Northlake BB yesterday, I got there a few minutes after 11 am. Honestly, I didn't realize that they opened at 11; I thought it was like 9 or 10. Anyway, I had to go when I did because I had to be a a recording studio at 11:30, and so I knew that picking up the Lite on the way there was the only way to hack it (especially since I wanted to fiddle with it during downtime at the studio ;)).
Anyway, it was like a geek-stereotype parade in that fucking place! You had the 30ish lives-with-his-mom fat dude in the too-small t-shirt and acne, the pale lily-white 12-year old with his librarian-looking mom, and then there was the super-fat heavy-bearded child-molester-looking guy with huge thick glasses. Oh, and there was another kid who looked like he was really into D&D with his fresh-from-hot-topic Nintendo t-shirt on, along with a crystal necklace and lace-up frilly boots.
It was seriously awesome to see all those game-nerd stereotypes all in one place at one time. It also made me feel really sorry for those BB employees who get stampeded by those dudes everytime something new comes out!

Haha, that's funny. When I picked up mine it was me (half-awake girl in a Green Day shirt), an athletic yuppie picking up one for his kid, a 14-15 year old wandering around playing the demo units, probably waiting for his mother to finish getting her nails done next door, and a greasy, blond, surfer guy who ignored the fact that there was a small line (okay, just me) at the register and kept singing along to whatever he was listening to on his iPod. His mother was probably in the car.

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed in the lack of powerful geekery at the Edgewood Best Buy. There were about a half-dozen guys gathering around the front door before I got out of my car to join the huddle (I wanted to make sure I got a copy of Brain Age). They all just looked like they could have been named "Chad" or "Luke". Nothing too interesting to report.

I did hand off an extra Brain Age coupon to one of the Chads that was buying a Lite and NSMB, and he was pretty appreciative and surprised.

[quote name='El Gray']Yeah, I was kinda disappointed in the lack of powerful geekery at the Edgewood Best Buy. There were about a half-dozen guys gathering around the front door before I got out of my car to join the huddle (I wanted to make sure I got a copy of Brain Age). They all just looked like they could have been named "Chad" or "Luke". Nothing too interesting to report.

I did hand off an extra Brain Age coupon to one of the Chads that was buying a Lite and NSMB, and he was pretty appreciative and surprised.[/QUOTE]
I too have noticed a general lack of zitty geeks at the Edgewood stores....I guess city geeks look more 'normal.':cool:

[quote name='organicow']Yeah, and what's up with the almost all-girl staff? I'm not complaining, especially since they are really nice and seem like they know their shit. :cool:

I'd rather buy games from a nice girl than some douchebag dude any day![/QUOTE] I have always made a point to NEVER engage any game store clerk in conversation. Ever. For some reason though, these girls at edgewood are just genuinely friendly and pleasant. They deal with a lot of shit at that store (mainly kids running around screaming and parents who know nothing about games), but they're always really helpful with me. And I've had nice conversations with them about the DS Lite and the Wii. While returning R&C yesterday, she told me that she was really surprised I was returning it, saying it was one of her favorite games. Really cool. I think the main difference between them and typical employees is that they're educated and polite -- most employees seem ignorant and arrogant; 2 really awful qualities.

How has DS lite's been sellin' in y'all local stores? I've still seen a lot around here, even on launch day the shelf was barely empty. Then again, this is Paulding county, not many gamers out here, even 360's were almost always plentiful during that hard to find period.

I picked my DS Lite up yesterday around lunch time at the Cobb Parkway BB. There was only one sitting there and I snagged it. Don't know if they had any more in back or not. I had the Brain Age coupon and could not find a copy for the longest time. I gave up and wandered around for awhile before deciding to take one more look. Sure enough, I found one lonely copy buried behind a bunch of other games. My brother will be pleased as I'm going to send it along with my original DS.

Speaking of video game section wonders: The last time I was in BB there was this HUGE guy...must have been 450 or 500 pounds. I mean Orca fat. Mostly bald and wearing a ratty tank top, he smelled as though he had not bathed in quite some time. He also had a kid in tow, who was orbiting him like a small moon. But the best part was watching him play Guitar Hero for like 20 minutes. Made my day. ;)

I have a guy that comes in to my CC that won't do anything except play Guitar Hero. He has on the same shorts and faded blue t-shirt every single day and it doesn't look like he's washed his hair in weeks. He never buys anything and just loiters. So they put away the guitar. He came in yesterday to play and, when he didn't see the guitar, looked absolutely devastated.:lol: So he just left. Mission accomplished. Also, I was in Best Buy the other day and who was sitting there playing GH? The same guy in the same clothes!

GH freak, if you read this, listen up. Get a life! Take a shower, shave, and for the love of all that's holy, burn those clothes and buy some new ones. You can thank me later.

[quote name='Tybee']Speaking of video game section wonders: The last time I was in BB there was this HUGE guy...must have been 450 or 500 pounds. I mean Orca fat. Mostly bald and wearing a ratty tank top, he smelled as though he had not bathed in quite some time. He also had a kid in tow, who was orbiting him like a small moon. But the best part was watching him play Guitar Hero for like 20 minutes. Made my day. ;)[/QUOTE]
And THAT, my friends, is why I NEVER touch the demo units in stores! :D

[quote name='organicow']And THAT, my friends, is why I NEVER touch the demo units in stores! :D[/QUOTE]

"This controller smells like Crisco."

[quote name='neocisco']I have a guy that comes in to my CC that won't do anything except play Guitar Hero. He has on the same shorts and faded blue t-shirt every single day and it doesn't look like he's washed his hair in weeks. He never buys anything and just loiters. So they put away the guitar. He came in yesterday to play and, when he didn't see the guitar, looked absolutely devastated.:lol: So he just left. Mission accomplished. Also, I was in Best Buy the other day and who was sitting there playing GH? The same guy in the same clothes!

GH freak, if you read this, listen up. Get a life! Take a shower, shave, and for the love of all that's holy, burn those clothes and buy some new ones. You can thank me later.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA I was in your store today and I heard the employees talking about having to put the guitar hero away because of a few people who started to basically live on the couch.

BTW Your store does a great job with the signage. Any other CC I go into doesn't even bother putting signs up it seems like. I love being able to see exactly what the sale and markdown prices are on games. It definitely creates the impluse buys you guys are going for. I notice you even had copyies of the Sims for the xbox with a sign for $3.96 it will be gone in no time...

Hey ga cagers. Anyone interseted in some project arcade games. I have two games I need to get rid of. I tried to buy them to fix em up but Im broke now that I had a baby. Plus I need the storage room back in my garage.

I have a 1,000 dollar 1991 data east checkpoint pinball machine

and a 800.00 1991 data east avenger 4 player arcade machine.

The pinball machine everything works except the flippers and a ball pop up device. This is a simple problem maybe a fuse. Should be able to be fixed for maybe 200.00. The avengers games worked fine till the other day now it says sound error???? anyway I need to get rid of them.

I will let them go for 500.00 total. Thats for both machines. You can get 500 just from parts out of one game. The cabinet alone goes for about 200-400.

You guys would have to pick it up though. Plus bring a friend for loading it up. I can not pick up such things with my back. Pm me if intersted. I can get pics if you need.

Is that the old Captain America and the Avengers game with Cap, Iron Man, Vision, and Hawkeye? Man, I haven't played that in probably 15 years.

This reminds me of when someone came into where I work and was asking if anyone wanted to buy the old 6-player X-Men arcade game. He was asking $300 for it and if I had the space, I probably would've bought it

I swear the videogame companies are missing a gold mine by not putting those classic four player games into a compilation for the consoles. It should include The Simpsons, Spider-man, Cap and the Avengers, and the one I've been wanting to play forever, G. I. Joe

Granted, I'm sure all of these were made by different companies so we'll proably never see them all on one disc

-B

[quote name='kjauburn']HAHAHAHA I was in your store today and I heard the employees talking about having to put the guitar hero away because of a few people who started to basically live on the couch.[/quote]
Be careful. I think I've seen him at Dr. No's too.:lol:

[quote name='kjauburn']BTW Your store does a great job with the signage. Any other CC I go into doesn't even bother putting signs up it seems like. I love being able to see exactly what the sale and markdown prices are on games. It definitely creates the impluse buys you guys are going for. I notice you even had copyies of the Sims for the xbox with a sign for $3.96 it will be gone in no time...[/quote]
Thanks. I've put in a LOT of effort to get the department up to par and keep it there.

[quote name='neocisco']Be careful. I think I've seen him at Dr. No's too.:lol:

Thanks. I've put in a LOT of effort to get the department up to par and keep it there.[/QUOTE]

What chain and location is your store???

[quote name='grundy']
I swear the videogame companies are missing a gold mine by not putting those classic four player games into a compilation for the consoles. It should include The Simpsons, Spider-man, Cap and the Avengers, and the one I've been wanting to play forever, G. I. Joe[/QUOTE]
Surely you are teasing me with this talk of a multiplayer GI Joe arcade game. I have never heard of this! To the Googlemobile!

[quote name='Blues']If I go to EB, I go to the one on Dallas Highway (The Avenue at West Cobb), they're pretty good there, not the typical EB employees. The EB in Town Center Mall I refuse to go there.[/QUOTE]
urf. The Avenue EB has a sony fanboy as either their manager or Assistant Manager and the dude with the huge ear piercings needs major anger managment training (last time I was in there he scared about two families out of shop, while throwing fit after fit at the computer). They're all friendly enough to me, but they reallly don't know what they're talking about, completely BS to customers (why, I have no idea) and/or are socially challanged.

I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed it, but talking with Chuck and Justin at Hiram, it's definately not just me.

Speaking of Chuck and Justin in Hiram, they're awesome. Well, okay... Chuck has good days and bad days, but for a manager, he has a decent idea of games and he goes out of his way to do nice things for me. =D

That's also the DMs home store, so it's easy to contact her if you ever have a legitimate problem.

The hole in the wall in Town Center is hardly worth mentioning, as it's too friggen clastrophobic in there. But I did enjoy the very loud conversation the AM was having with a couple of his employees around Christmas time about how "I told the District Attorney I can't divulge who traded in what" blah blah blah... Obviously a good number of hot games were traded in, and there was a case involving them. The AM was speaking so loud people in the store across the hall could hear, but that's obviously what he wanted.

As if that's going to impress somebody. The contact information taken on trade-ins is used by corporate to ensure employee honesty, and for just such an allegation. Yeah... he wouldn't "divulge that information." I love how you can tell when a person is using words that aren't in their daily vocabulary.

I shouldn't be so mean, but it just struck me as so phoney to try and get attention and sound important. a) I dislike phoney-ness b) that kid isn't the DA or the police investigating the issue, he's a clerk doing a retail job where they took in stolen merchandise; so why try to make it sound like you're running the show?

No one has mentioned EB at the Arbor Place Mall. As of the past couple years, they've had some great staff in there. Dusty, the new manager (recently promoted after Brent left) is awesome for helping out regular customers. The rest of the staff, including two great gamer girls are pretty darn good. They know their games. A couple of them can get frustrated with stoopid customers, but they're young.

Other than that, they and the staff in Hiram are a good crew.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Texas A&M? I'm just glad you aren't a Longhorn....;)[/QUOTE]
Now I have the urge to start singing, Boomer Sooner just to get ya riled. =)

Edit: Forgot to mention. The BlockBuster/GameRush on Ridge Road in Hiram is nice too. A decent (if not amazing) selection most days and the clerks are friendly. One of the managers is always very nice to me, and when ever there's a rumor posted here about upcoming sales, I can discuss it with her. If she hasn't heard about it yet, she contacts her area manager to find out if she knows anything.

And when she knows about upcoming sales and that I haven't asked about or mentioned, she very kindly shares that info. =)

[quote name='guinaevere']
The hole in the wall in Town Center is hardly worth mentioning, as it's too friggen clastrophobic in there.[/quote]

Yeah I am clueless while the store is even there with its size. You would think they would clear all the fixtures out or get a bigger store. Its said when you walk by a store and the main reason you don't go in is because 2 customers are already in it and there is no more room...

[quote name='kjauburn']Yeah I am clueless while the store is even there with its size.[/quote]
There's a mall with a Cheesecake Factory up around First Baptist Church of Atlanta... dangit, I can't think of the road names near there... it's fairly northwestish as the 285 perimeter goes. Anyway, there's an EB upstairs and an EB downstairs in that mall. Now *that's* a great way to throw money away on double leases.

Its said when you walk by a store and the main reason you don't go in is because 2 customers are already in it and there is no more room...
ha! No joke.

[quote name='guinaevere']There's a mall with a Cheesecake Factory up around First Baptist Church of Atlanta... dangit, I can't think of the road names near there... it's fairly northwestish as the 285 perimeter goes. Anyway, there's an EB upstairs and an EB downstairs in that mall. Now *that's* a great way to throw money away on double leases.
[/quote]

That's Perimeter Mall. I have no idea why they have two EB in there, the upstairs one is about as large as a walk-in closet. I believe 5-6 years ago there was a Babbage's downstairs, about as close to the foodcourt as the current downstairs EB.

The last time I saw the same store on two levels of a shopping mall, was a Waldenbooks on both floors of Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga. The upstairs one was a franchise and the downstairs one corporate. Eventually the upstairs one closed. I know this isn't the case with these EBs, but like you said it seems to be a big waste of money.

You guys are my Atlanta CAG brethren, and I love you, but some of you are spending WAY too much time at EB. I think we need to have an intervention.

Can I ask everyone here what is probably a dumb question? I'm scared to ask it anywhere else, since I'm sure I'll be flamed.....

I saw Cheapy D's post on the main page about the increasing list of BC Xbox games on the 360. I haven't been able to get a 360 yet, so I don't know the answer to this question: Is there any advantage to playing Xbox games on a 360? I would think it would just be better to keep my Xbox to use for Xbox games, and use the 360 solely for 360 games. One reason is for all of the game saves on my Xbox HDD, also I seem to remember hearing that the 360 merely emulates the Xbox games, so the quality can actually DECREASE, even if it technically works on the 360....

Can anyone fill this fellow ATLien in on this??

Much obliged.....

There seems to be a pretty good batch of the $8.96 PS2 titles available at a certain local CCity. Anyone looking for any of those in particular?

[quote name='guinaevere']

The hole in the wall in Town Center is hardly worth mentioning, as it's too friggen clastrophobic in there. But I did enjoy the very loud conversation the AM was having with a couple of his employees around Christmas time about how "I told the District Attorney I can't divulge who traded in what" blah blah blah... [/QUOTE]

As if he had a choice. There is a better GS right down the street, and the Trade n Play is a much better choice if browsing. Grab a burrito at Willys and go to town.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Grab a burrito at Willys and go to town.[/quote]
mmmm-MMMMM!!! Them boys is tasty!

[quote name='kjauburn']Yeah I am clueless while the store is even there with its size. You would think they would clear all the fixtures out or get a bigger store. Its said when you walk by a store and the main reason you don't go in is because 2 customers are already in it and there is no more room...[/quote]

Everybody has to do the Electric Slide just to get in and out.

Yes this is the old cap america with iron man and hawkeye. Man 300 for 6 player x-men. I would have been all over that. I loved that game. What I really want is a four player ninja turtles. I know you can play it on nes but its not the same. I probily put about 2,000 quaters into that game as a kid......memories.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']As if he had a choice. There is a better GS right down the street, and the Trade n Play is a much better choice if browsing. Grab a burrito at Willys and go to town.[/quote]

For the life of me, I have NEVER been able to find the Trade & Play. A few friends of mine talk about it all the time, and everything I go down there it's just...major Shaq-fuing of that whole entire area. I miss Media Play. :(

[quote name='such great heights']For the life of me, I have NEVER been able to find the Trade & Play. A few friends of mine talk about it all the time, and everything I go down there it's just...major Shaq-fuing of that whole entire area. I miss Media Play. :([/quote]

If I remember right its in the shopping center with all the furniture stores. Just go past the old media play/target shopping center down barrett parkway. Its either the next shopping center or 1 more over. Just get in the right lane and drive slow since you can see it from the street. Really its not that great of a store.

[quote name='El Gray']There seems to be a pretty good batch of the $8.96 PS2 titles available at a certain local CCity. Anyone looking for any of those in particular?[/QUOTE]
I meant to come to this thread to ask about the CC sale! I just got a PS2 and need some games... specifically from this sale I'm looking for Killzone & Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal. Maybe God of War as well. How is Sly 2? I'm also slightly interested in that. Basically I'm looking to only spend ~$20, so whatever they have out of those 4 games was what I was going to get.

I was thinking about driving up to the CC at Cobb Pkwy tomorrow at lunch. The only other CC near me is the one in Buckhead. Any suggestions?

Also, Ubiiquitous, I read an article over at Gamespot (or was it 1up?) about backwards compatibility. You're right, there aren't many advantages besides having all of your games on one box. Interestingly enough, the Xbox 360 enables antialiasing, which in turn smooths out the rough edges of original Xbox games (similar to what the PS2 did for PS1 games). The article even had side-by-side comparison pics.

Ah! Here it is!
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6152686/index.html
That should answer all of your questions.

[quote name='kjauburn']If I remember right its in the shopping center with all the furniture stores. Just go past the old media play/target shopping center down barrett parkway. Its either the next shopping center or 1 more over. Just get in the right lane and drive slow since you can see it from the street. Really its not that great of a store.[/QUOTE]

You may not be able to see it from the street anymore due to the restaurant.

If you're coming from 75, it's the shopping center just before Bill Heard where the old AMC used to be. The entrance is right before the Wachovia, and the shop is right next to Willys and Nextel(?).

The shop is great if you're looking for classic stuff that is in good shape. You'll pay more for it, but they'll let you play anything before you buy it. Nice people, too. No 'Hey, fucker, bring some trades next time' bullshit.

[quote name='Gator']I meant to come to this thread to ask about the CC sale! I just got a PS2 and need some games... specifically from this sale I'm looking for Killzone & Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal. Maybe God of War as well. How is Sly 2? I'm also slightly interested in that. Basically I'm looking to only spend ~$20, so whatever they have out of those 4 games was what I was going to get.

I was thinking about driving up to the CC at Cobb Pkwy tomorrow at lunch. The only other CC near me is the one in Buckhead. Any suggestions?

[/QUOTE]

Demo Man just put up a new list of items. GoW is $17, and most people have found R&C and Killzone normal price. I'm going to hit the CC in Savannah this weekend, and perhaps by the time I get back to the ATL, neo will have some nice Xbox drops for me. :)

Since I am giving myself the day of tomorrow, I plan on hitting a CC or 2 tomorrow. Buddy of mine said the perimeter CC had very little left from the latest $8.96 list. He said driver, gauntlet, ecko, hulk, indigo prophecy, matrix, and batman begins had about 2 each left. There may be more, but he said you had to dig through them all.

Neocisco can probably do a better job updating the town center CC, but when I was in there 2 days ago they had quite a bit of decent $8.96 games left, but since they are labeled correctly they could be picked over by now.

For anyone who lives out towards Actworth I bet the CC out there has a nice selection, let us know. I went in there 2 weeks ago when I was near a client off chastain rd. There store seemed to have a nice selection of quality games since its only been open for a few months I believe.

[quote name='Gator']
Also, Ubiiquitous, I read an article over at Gamespot (or was it 1up?) about backwards compatibility. You're right, there aren't many advantages besides having all of your games on one box. Interestingly enough, the Xbox 360 enables antialiasing, which in turn smooths out the rough edges of original Xbox games (similar to what the PS2 did for PS1 games). The article even had side-by-side comparison pics.

Ah! Here it is!
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6152686/index.html
That should answer all of your questions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Gator!!! Appreciate it!!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You may not be able to see it from the street anymore due to the restaurant.

If you're coming from 75, it's the shopping center just before Bill Heard where the old AMC used to be. The entrance is right before the Wachovia, and the shop is right next to Willys and Nextel(?).

The shop is great if you're looking for classic stuff that is in good shape. You'll pay more for it, but they'll let you play anything before you buy it. Nice people, too. No 'Hey, fucker, bring some trades next time' bullshit.[/quote]

Oh, it's in there? I know exactly where that is! I thought it was on the other side of the road. Ha. Thanks!

[quote name='such great heights']Oh, it's in there? I know exactly where that is! I thought it was on the other side of the road. Ha. Thanks![/quote]

Since you are in woodstock you should head up to the GR off exit 20 in canton. They always have a nice selection of used games in that store since its out of the way, town parks GR selection sucks ass now. I stopped into the Canton GR when I went up there to Kmart. As of tuesday they still had wavebird/marioparty 4 bundles for $7 at the Kmart up there. Plus the Canton GR had quite of few quality used games and tons of the clearance items left.

[quote name='kjauburn']Since I am giving myself the day of tomorrow, I plan on hitting a CC or 2 tomorrow. Buddy of mine said the perimeter CC had very little left from the latest $8.96 list. He said driver, gauntlet, ecko, hulk, indigo prophecy, matrix, and batman begins had about 2 each left. There may be more, but he said you had to dig through them all.[/QUOTE]
I saw Gun, Hulk, Indigo, Matrix, From Russia w/Love, both Rainbow 6s, Batman (xbx) in multiples @ Northpoint. Also, Conflict Vietnam (xbx) from the $4 list.

No Castlevania or Syphon Filter or Ecko (ps2), as I was looking for those specifically. Is the Xbox Ecko LE on sale, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back