General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='Nastrodamous']Well guys i finnaly got myself a car so now i can get in on the deals[/quote]

Nice! What car?

I'm driving a '97 Accord and she gets me ~ 25 mpg. The A/C is starting to get noticeably weaker though and Atlanta summers without A/C = :hot:

[quote name='neocisco']$10 for Odin Sphere is a very good price.[/quote]

Yo, do you know when circuit is going to be getting some of those metal gear ps3 bundles? I need one, but I'm looking at getting it next week.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Yo, do you know when circuit is going to be getting some of those metal gear ps3 bundles? I need one, but I'm looking at getting it next week.[/quote]

They might have them today. I'm off but I'll check tomorrow.

Anyone here see Turok for the 360 for any less than $34.99 used???

Someone in the BlockBuster/Gamerush thread claimed it was $19.99 used there, but I just had a used one scanned and it was $34.99, so I guess that is a YMMV.

[quote name='neocisco']They might have them today. I'm off but I'll check tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah, good lookin' out. I'm looking for it next week. I'm down the road from you at the AT&T store so I'll shoot over if you get some next week.

If anyone spots any of these remaining $30 GB Micros at a remote Wal-Mart, please grab me one, and I'll compensate you for it. Thanks!

Brandsmart has the black 360 wireless controller on sale for 22.88. Price is good thru the 17th. PM at Sears or buy then PA @ CC or BB to get it for about 20. Wish I had an actual flyer since I can't get there before it ends. Do they advertise any day besides Friday in the AJC?

Also on sale are Mass Effect, NFS Pro Street, MLB2k8 38.88 ea for 360, PS2 Rock Band for 34.88, Wii WWE 2008 for 28.88 and PS3 The Darkness for 18.88 and the 360 Elite for 438.88.

Link for controller

http://brandsmartusa.shoplocal.com/b...pagenumber%3d8

Link for flyer on games page

http://brandsmartusa.shoplocal.com/b...5&pagenumber=8

[quote name='RoninChaos']Yeah, good lookin' out. I'm looking for it next week. I'm down the road from you at the AT&T store so I'll shoot over if you get some next week.[/quote]

None yet. The next truck is on Tuesday but they could be dropshipped.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Brandsmart has the black 360 wireless controller on sale for 22.88. Price is good thru the 17th. PM at Sears or buy then PA @ CC or BB to get it for about 20. Wish I had an actual flyer since I can't get there before it ends. Do they advertise any day besides Friday in the AJC?

Also on sale are Mass Effect, NFS Pro Street, MLB2k8 38.88 ea for 360, PS2 Rock Band for 34.88, Wii WWE 2008 for 28.88 and PS3 The Darkness for 18.88 and the 360 Elite for 438.88.

Link for controller

http://brandsmartusa.shoplocal.com/b...5&pagenumber=8[/QUOTE]

Dude, thanks sooooooooooooooo much for posting on the controller. I never pay attention to Brandsmart. Took the ad to Best Buy and they PM'd without any hassle. I figured they would call to check to make sure it's the same sku, since the ad doesn't say it's the Microsoft branded one, or they would call to verify stock, etc. I showed them the ad, they immediately did the override and I was out of there in 2 minutes.

It's a good thing too, because I live 2 miles from Best Buy and about 15 miles from Brandsmart.

Thanks again!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Brandsmart has the black 360 wireless controller on sale for 22.88. Price is good thru the 17th. PM at Sears or buy then PA @ CC or BB to get it for about 20. Wish I had an actual flyer since I can't get there before it ends. Do they advertise any day besides Friday in the AJC?

Link for controller

http://brandsmartusa.shoplocal.com/b...5&pagenumber=8[/quote]

I tried to PM at CC on Barrett Pky. this morning at 10am, when they opened, and it was a no go... the CS rep said they would give them to me for $34.73.

Then I went to Sears and they PMed them without a hassle. No call, nothing. 20.11 + 6% tax

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I tried to PM at CC on Barrett Pky. this morning at 10am, when they opened, and it was a no go... the CS rep said they would give them to me for $34.73.

Then I went to Sears and they PMed them without a hassle. No call, nothing. 20.11 + 6% tax[/quote]

CC has become EXTREMELY anal about PMing, particularly BrandSmart.

[quote name='neocisco']CC has become EXTREMELY anal about PMing, particularly BrandSmart.[/quote]

well there goes my hope for getting them to PM a plasma I was considering buying.

Brandsmart has it for the lowest price, but I want the extra 10% PM guarantee that CC offers. Argh.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']well there goes my hope for getting them to PM a plasma I was considering buying.

Brandsmart has it for the lowest price, but I want the extra 10% PM guarantee that CC offers. Argh.[/QUOTE]

You still should at least try it. Or pricematch it somewhere else.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']well there goes my hope for getting them to PM a plasma I was considering buying.

Brandsmart has it for the lowest price, but I want the extra 10% PM guarantee that CC offers. Argh.[/quote]

I'm not saying they won't but it will be a challenge.

Brandsmart has it for the lowest price, but I want the extra 10% PM guarantee that CC offers. Argh.[/quote]With CC you'll have to buy it there first and then bring in a flyer afterwards to get the extra 10% off so you won't know if you get it until after you've already bought. You could not open it and then threaten to return if they don't match. I've had less hassle with PMing when it's a adjust though. They rarely call. Sears does 10% at time of purchase ir they carry that model. And you can probably get a Sears card for extra discount and/or 0% fo r6 months.

so, who looted the Sydney Marcus store this morning? I went in about 2pm hoping to find at least one copy of Zelda:TP for $12.48, but no, all the copies were gone. :cry: Not to mention about 1/2 of the games that they had on clearance... possible horder/ebayer among us???

I had my eye on those for about 3-4 weeks now... ever since they popped up.

I suppose good luck to you Sir or Madam; to bad I didn't get there earlier.

Damn, I got a Zelda TP there when it was still 24 and was really hoping to snag a 75% off one and return the more expensive one. Guess it's not worthwhile going by there now. I almost stopped on my way to work at about that time, too, so I'm glad I didn't and end up late.

I had to go to Target anyway so I saw the leftovers at Sidney Marcus. About the only 75% off game was Forza 2 but the plastic was opened some on the top. I'm glad that people were helped by the controller post.

Ironically, I probably won't be able to take advantage of that deal cause I didn't have a flyer and I can't make it there. I gotta return a couple things at Sears tomorrow which is by the shop I'm getting my car back from so maybe I'll direct them to the site if I can. GP's Sears is a pain. I was there the other day and wanted a game out of the case and noone knew where the keys were. I just left. Maybe it'll still be there since noone wants it. For PMing purposes, the Sears at Northlake is awesome. They have a PC set up with links to all the stores and websites they pm so they can check online, but they usually verify it's in stock online.

Saw a MGS4 bundle at the blockbuster at Ainsley Mall and I got the last MIB BR there. Sorry.

the problem is that I want to buy a tv and a receiver. I know some stores will give you a discount if you buy both, but I'm scared that I'll really be trying my luck if I try to pm the tv on top of getting a discount for an a/v receiver as well.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Ironically, I probably won't be able to take advantage of that deal cause I didn't have a flyer and I can't make it there. I gotta return a couple things at Sears tomorrow which is by the shop I'm getting my car back from so maybe I'll direct them to the site if I can. GP's Sears is a pain. I was there the other day and wanted a game out of the case and noone knew where the keys were. I just left. Maybe it'll still be there since noone wants it. For PMing purposes, the Sears at Northlake is awesome. They have a PC set up with links to all the stores and websites they pm so they can check online, but they usually verify it's in stock online.[/quote]

BTW, the Sears at Town Center only has one of the Black controllers left as of Sunday (yesterday).

Harry Potter: OOTP (360) and The Club (PS3) are 7.48 and 14.98 respectively at Atlantic Station. One copy of each left.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']BTW, the Sears at Town Center only has one of the Black controllers left as of Sunday (yesterday).

Harry Potter: OOTP (360) and The Club (PS3) are 7.48 and 14.98 respectively at Atlantic Station. One copy of each left.[/quote]Damn, I almost went there instead because they had some Zeldas, too. Were those all gone?

Not much of interest at Northpoint Target last night. They have some Viva Pinatas 360 for $5, if that floats your boat. Nothing else struck me as being especially cheap.

Also, I hit the Sandy Springs Target on Saturday, and all the 360 3-packs were gone. Still a decent endcap of other titles left, though.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Damn, I almost went there instead because they had some Zeldas, too. Were those all gone?[/quote]

Yeah, no Zelda at Atlantic Station either.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Anybody seen the metal gear PS33 bundle in the marietta/kennesaw/smyrna area?

Yo Neo! You guys ever get any?[/quote]

None yet. We got PS3 promo sheets that had the UPC code. I checked it and none in the distribution center yet.

Good lookin' out man. Please let me know when you get them. I'll shoot you my phone number.

They still doing sales per hour over there or did they get rid of them?

[quote name='El Gray']Not much of interest at Northpoint Target last night. They have some Viva Pinatas 360 for $5, if that floats your boat. Nothing else struck me as being especially cheap.

Also, I hit the Sandy Springs Target on Saturday, and all the 360 3-packs were gone. Still a decent endcap of other titles left, though.[/quote]

any other good deals at the Sandy Springs target?

[quote name='animemaniac14']any other good deals at the Sandy Springs target?[/QUOTE]

Nothing struck me as awesome, but I didn't look at all the prices. Looking for anything specific?

The clearance bin at the front of Edgewood BBuy is now B1G1 Free, apparently. They're not all the same price, so I'm not sure how it works. Nothing very good in the bin, mind you, but maybe a few worthy titles.

Unrelated, how much is a used copy of Metal Gear 3: Subsistence worth?

[quote name='El Gray']Unrelated, how much is a used copy of Metal Gear 3: Subsistence worth?[/quote]

I'd say about $40 and up if complete.

Also, has anyone seen any copies of .hack//GU vol 3 at sears or kmart lately?

[quote name='kitlink']I'd say about $40 and up if complete.

Also, has anyone seen any copies of .hack//GU vol 3 at sears or kmart lately?[/quote]Yes, but where?:whistle2:k

PMing since I only saw one at each location and you should get first crack over a potential lurker;)

Last I saw, MGS Subsistence went for 35ish new on ebay. I was looking for it several months ago though.

EDIT: Kitlink got one so the other copy I saw is at the Sears in Cumberland Mall if anyone is interested in it. It was marked 24ish or 34ish (just noticed it, didn't really pay attention), but you know how Sears is with keeping price tags current!

Does anyone have the (in-store) Heavenly Sword DPCI number handy?

Yes, yes I know it's probably in the target thread multiple times, but I don't remember where it is located.

Thanks in advance!

Got a metal gear bundle.

Anybody know where I can get Uncharted, for cheap? I'm thinkin' about picking up the remote too, since the controller will just annoy me when I'm trying to play movies.

speaking of price matching. I bought GOWII:ps2: at BestBuy a while back when it first dropped. I did in store pick up and when I got there they had to look in the back to find it instead of it being right there so the lady there gave me $10 off ($20). I didn't know what to do because I was planning on coming back the next day to get my 110% price match to Circuit City. Any other time $10 off would have been awesome then it just killed my 10%. As when I went back there was no difference in price anymore. Oh well what are you going to do am i right?

I'm going to try to pick up a :wii: tomorrow at the Buckhead CC. Anyone have any recent experience with how early I should get there? I'm not going to need to camp out or anything am I?

[quote name='RoninChaos']Anybody know where I can get Uncharted, for cheap? I'm thinkin' about picking up the remote too, since the controller will just annoy me when I'm trying to play movies.[/quote]The lowest I've seen Uncharted may have been 40 as an Amazon Gold Box deal two weeks ago. It's still 60 everywhere so I guess just watch the flyers for a sale @ Target, CC or BB I guess. I'm looking for a deal on it, too. The demo is pretty slick and it's one of the reasons I picked up a PS3.

As for the remote, I got the Bluwave from Gamestop for 20. It's 10 during the Game Days sale. It's OK, but the main reason I got it is because it's an IR remote so a receiver plugs into a USB port and now I can use my Harmony with my PS3. The very important to note downside is that neither the Bluwave nor the harmony have a power option because the USB ports are inactive when the PS3 is off so a USB device cannot turn it on. There may be a way to program a power off with my harmony, but mine freaked out during a software update and I have to call Logitech to fix it so I haven't used it with the PS3 yet. The power thing stinks, but if you think about it you have to put a disc in the PS3 anyway so that will power it on anyway.

I snagged the last copy of Spyro: Eternal Night (GBA) at Buckhead Target tonight for $10. I'd been curious about it after some of the fan sites loved it last year, and it's definitely worth the purchase. Excellent platformer so far. Maybe the last great GBA title. They had a bunch of copies of DS Monkey Ball ($15, I think?) and some other, crappier titles (some of which I'd never even heard of). Oh, more copies of Bleach DS for 15. They had that Star Wars game with the Jedi chick on the cover for 7.50, and a couple copies of Guitar Hero II for maybe $25.

At the CC across the street, there's one copy of Wade Hixton's Counter Punch for GBA left, if anyone needs that $1.96 gem. I haven't opened my copy yet, but I hear it's pretty great. I bought another one tonight for a friend. Not much else of note in the CC clearance bins. Kinda wanted to get the copy of Ace Combat Zero that was $17, but I already have one unopened AC game, so I left it.

were there any more Spyro's? I've been really hungering for that game.

[quote name='El Gray']I snagged the last copy of Spyro: Eternal Night [/quote]whoops there goes my reading comprehension skills. Oh well that's one hot little :gba: game. I'll try some other targets.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Tybee said nothing at Marietta but how about Duluth? Has anyone been to microcenter recently? i was planning on going tomorrow but looks like I may be too late?[/quote]

If anyone does happen to make it by Duluth and sees a copy of Geometry Wars DS (unlikely), can you pick it up for me? Don't worry about the coupon. If you can snag it for $10, that would be great.

More details on Marietta:

- They had a bin of DS games next to the counter that appeared to be clearanced (even though most were still labeled full price). 95% crap, but there were a bunch of copies of Contact and Magical Starsign in there.

- Saw a new copy of FFV for the GBA on the shelf marked pretty low...I can't remember if it was $7 or $12.

- Used section relocated and pretty significantly compressed since the last coupon sale. Used Wii and DS selection very poor. Okay selection of 360 stuff. Didn't look at the rest.

wow. late timing on the response unfortunatly. sorry. I just got back from Duluth. if only I had known. They have a TON of :ds:GeoWars. I picked up one and :gba: Spyro:NB (Clearanced to $8). Tomorrow I'm going back for :gba: Spyro:EN ($20-coupon)

I also stopped by Sandy Springs Target and they have a TON of Viva Pinata and VP Guides. They had a bunch of :ps2: Scarface ($10). A bunch of :ps3:Ratchet and Clank: FTD (guides) and Black (guide) As well as some other stuff as well.

Tomorrow if you haven't gone yet I'll pick you up a :ds:GeoWars. Duluth definitely is restructuring their game dept. The guides area is short and packed way tight now. I didn't see much I was interested in but I did grab :gc: Resident Evil (guide) for $2. I also saw Def Jam Vendetta(guide) cheap which makes me upset I paid full price last year.

[quote name='Wolfkin']wow. late timing on the response unfortunatly. sorry. I just got back from Duluth. if only I had known. They have a TON of :ds:GeoWars. I picked up one and :gba: Spyro:NB (Clearanced to $8). Tomorrow I'm going back for :gba: Spyro:EN ($20-coupon)

I also stopped by Sandy Springs Target and they have a TON of Viva Pinata and VP Guides. They had a bunch of :ps2: Scarface ($10). A bunch of :ps3:Ratchet and Clank: FTD (guides) and Black (guide) As well as some other stuff as well.

Tomorrow if you haven't gone yet I'll pick you up a :ds:GeoWars. Duluth definitely is restructuring their game dept. The guides area is short and packed way tight now. I didn't see much I was interested in but I did grab :gc: Resident Evil (guide) for $2. I also saw Def Jam Vendetta(guide) cheap which makes me upset I paid full price last year.[/quote]

Dang...No, I wasn't planning to head up there, so if there are still any there when you go back, I'd really appreciate it if you could grab me one. If you do want to try to use a coupon, I'll give you $5 for your trouble.

also i forgot to mention they had 3 of the Wavebird battery packs. I think they were $8. I'm sure i bought one last time but if i can't find it I'll buy another one.

Marietta Microcenter has two copies of "The Darkness" for 360 at $0.01 after the coupon in the forums. I can confirm it works. I can also confirm it is only one coupon per trip, cashier would not do separate transactions.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Marietta Microcenter has two copies of "The Darkness" for 360 at $0.01 after the coupon in the forums. I can confirm it works. I can also confirm it is only one coupon per trip, cashier would not do separate transactions.[/quote]

Both copies gone (6/21). I bought one and some lady bought one for her kid. I plan on going back today (6/22) to try to get some more stuff... I'm also planning on hitting Duluth to see what I can find.

6/21 scores:
The Darkness (360) - FREE
XBOX Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1 (360) - $0.22
Overlord (360) Used (no new copies available) - $5.99

6/22 scores:
Prey (360) - $5.34
Gun (360) - $6.37
Ninety Nine Nights (360) - $5.34
XBOX 360 HD-DVD Drive - $39.99 (i missed the kmart/target clearance on these :()

man almost makes me wish I had an XBox to get some cheap points.

I did manage to snag :gba: Spyro Eternal Night for $10. That with GeoWars for free yesterday I'll call that a good weekend. My cashier rang up both of my purchases today with the coupon. I printed out a few but he only took one so I guess it depends on who you get.

there are some pretty interesting deal on CL.

Slim PS2 with 7 sports games $75
Ocaraina
:n64:
Mario 64 :n64:
DK64 :n64:
DS Phat with Rayman - $65

someone in Sandy Springs is getting rid of everything. I think i saw Sonic Heros for $4 and for $4 I think I'll bite.

Just back from the Duluth microcenter... all out of the Darkness, they had about 6 or 7 each of GeoWars and Manhunt 2. Bought GOW II for 10 bucks and wife got Manhunt 2 for free :bouncy: Cashier mentioned that he saw a ton of these coupons today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back