General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='pogipinoy27']someone got the medal of honor airborne I was waiting to go down at my norcross target :whistle2:([/quote]Forgot all about that one considering I was itching to pick it up. I don't think it survived long enough to reach $30 at any store I was watching it at, let alone 15. :bomb:

[quote name='jdawgg76']
Sidney Marcus Target also dropped the PS3 games in that group. They had three motorstorms and a NCAA 08 and THPG and Simpsons. I got the last Lair. Both locations also dropped PC games to 75% off including R6V at SM.
[/quote]

Sydney Marcus Target is now devoid of Motorstorms. I found what I think is the last one in the automotive section's clearance endcap. They still have Fight Night and Simpsons, THPG and NCAA 08 BB.

I am also looking for a GH2 bundle on clearance for 360. Please PM me and Jdawgg76 if anyone spies any.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I was over at Circuit City and saw :ps2: DMC and DMC2 for $12. Should I pick it up or is it not a deal?[/quote]Was that 12 total or each? 12 each can be beat, but 12 total is good value. Target is clearancing DMC 3 SE and will drop to $5 eventually, I can't remember if they still have 1 & 2 and are clearancing those or not. You can try TRU as I think they dropped them both to $5 a couple months ago and they may have hung around.

Also, I checked the BB locator with a few different zips for the GH2 bundle and so far haven't found any in the metro area. :bomb:

Hope everyone is keeping out of the possible tornado's way.

each.

I did pick up DMC3 at Target for $9.99. I haven't seen DMC or DMC2 anywhere except for this one time. If I can pick 'em up cheaper at TRU maybe I'll look around there.

[quote name='Nastrodamous']hey anybody in this topic looking for a ipod touch 16gb[/quote]

Depends on the the right price :lol:

[quote name='Enron']I cleaned out the Edgewood Target today. Struck it rich. Several copies each of Jeanne D'arc, Final Fantasy I, II, and Castlevania: Dracula X, rang up at the 7.48 price point! I picked them all up so I've got a lot of trade fodder. There was one copy of FFXII Revenant Wings for 19.99, and NBA 08 for PS3 for 14.98 but I passed on both.

I think the edgewood target is tired of ppl stashing clearance games to come back for them once the prices drop again. All of the clearance games are now LOCKED in a glass case at the end of one of the clearance aisles.[/quote]

You got lucky... I was there today and scanned a copy of FF1 and it came up 14.98 so they must have changed the price.

Any local ATL CAGs need a PS2 dance pad from Konami? It is in excellent shape and just sitting at my place.
My wife and I gave away our DDR title a few weeks ago so it has no value to us anymore and is in great condition.
I'm not interested in shipping the thing all over the place but we can easily meet up anywhere in the ATL metro.

I'm hoping to let this go on the cheap to a local gamer or family of gamers that will put it to some use, no interest in making money.
I don't have a trade or want list or anything, but I'll respond to any reasonable offers including GBA, DS, PS2, 360, ATL food coupons, anything at all.
Just thought I'd give a heads-up to the ATL CAG community before giving it to Goodwill or the like, hit me with a PM if interested.

[quote name='Tybee']Didn't know Revenant Wings was down to $19.99 at Target. Is that a sale price or is it permanently marked down?[/quote]

Clearance price; 50% off I do believe.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Clearance price; 50% off I do believe.[/quote]

Cool. If anyone spots another one, please let me know.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']You got lucky... I was there today and scanned a copy of FF1 and it came up 14.98 so they must have changed the price.[/quote]

What the hell? The cashier must have just zapped one of my other games a couple of times then, instead of actually zapping ffI, because I'm pretty sure they don't change the prices back UP once they go on clearance.

[quote name='neocisco']Major storm/tornado damage in my area. Pics when I get power back at home.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, man. Is your house ok?

Don't you live NW of the city?? That seems like where the damage always happens. I live next to Snellville and it always seems to be weak when it gets here. As if Atlanta blocks out most of the damage, or something...

Anyway, keep us posted and I hope everything is ok for you and your family...

Pretty good rack of stuff at the Northpoint Target tonight. $50 Platinum GCs, PS2 Boogie for $7.48 (finally got one for the extra mic), PC R6V for $5, several PS3 sports titles-- I picked up one March Madness 08.

I found one copy of Contra 4 at 7.48, and grabbed it, even though I own the game. At the register, it rang up at 40, she examined it, and said the sticker was on the wrong item, but gave me the cheap price, anyway. Oh well! Thanks, Target!

They also had one Wii in the case. A guy was buying it as I left. No extra remotes or copies of Wii Fit in stock for him, though.

No Wii Fit at Target or Best Buy, of course, though BB said they'd be getting in about 20 more tomorrow.

[quote name='El Gray']
I found one copy of Contra 4 at 7.48, and grabbed it, even though I own the game. At the register, it rang up at 40, she examined it, and said the sticker was on the wrong item, but gave me the cheap price, anyway. Oh well! Thanks, Target!
[/QUOTE]

wow..i tried to buy some soap once that was in the clearance aisle with an orange sticker and when it rang up wrong the woman absolutely would not budge on giving me the clearance price, and that was only a few dollars difference. guess that kinda thing is ymmv depending on the check out person. lucky you!

Checked the Edgewood Target on my way in this morning and did not see that copy of Revenant Wings, either in the case or the bargain rack. Someone else must have snagged it.

Did see at least 9 WiiFit's on a back endcap, however.

dudes.. kristaia you remind me that I too need to get around to finishing A Link to the Past. I got farther than i did on SNES but it's just sitting there.. maybe after WEWY.

[quote name='Tybee']Checked the Edgewood Target on my way in this morning and did not see that copy of Revenant Wings, either in the case or the bargain rack. Someone else must have snagged it.

Did see at least 9 WiiFit's on a back endcap, however.[/quote]

It was in the locked clearance case at the end of one of the clearance asles.

[quote name='chuckie88']Any local ATL CAGs need a PS2 dance pad from Konami? It is in excellent shape and just sitting at my place.
My wife and I gave away our DDR title a few weeks ago so it has no value to us anymore and is in great condition.
I'm not interested in shipping the thing all over the place but we can easily meet up anywhere in the ATL metro.

I'm hoping to let this go on the cheap to a local gamer or family of gamers that will put it to some use, no interest in making money.
I don't have a trade or want list or anything, but I'll respond to any reasonable offers including GBA, DS, PS2, 360, ATL food coupons, anything at all.
Just thought I'd give a heads-up to the ATL CAG community before giving it to Goodwill or the like, hit me with a PM if interested.[/quote]

I'll ask my fiance if she wants it. We live in Vinings, so we're not that far.

[quote name='RoninChaos']I'll ask my fiance if she wants it. We live in Vinings, so we're not that far.[/quote]

Cool, let me know what's up.

North Druid Hills Target:
1 copy of Lair, marked at $29.98, scans for $14.98. It's on the endcap. Get it while it's hot! Also, there's a copy of NBA 08 for the PS3 at the same price.

Nothing else was very interesting to me.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']North Druid Hills Target:
1 copy of Lair, marked at $29.98, scans for $14.98. It's on the endcap. Get it while it's hot! Also, there's a copy of NBA 08 for the PS3 at the same price.

Nothing else was very interesting to me.[/quote]I was just there. They had a pair of motorstorms as well and GH3 for PC for 20. I've been waiting for that drop as I've always wanted to check out what's so great about that series, but when I had it in hand I saw dual core in the requirements and put it back.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I was just there. They had a pair of motorstorms as well and GH3 for PC for 20. I've been waiting for that drop as I've always wanted to check out what's so great about that series, but when I had it in hand I saw dual core in the requirements and put it back.[/quote]

I picked up a GH3 for $20 at North Druid Hills yesterday that was hidden behind the webcams that are on clearance....

[quote name='Wolfkin']dudes.. kristaia you remind me that I too need to get around to finishing A Link to the Past. I got farther than i did on SNES but it's just sitting there.. maybe after WEWY.[/QUOTE]

haha..yeah, i never had a snes as a kid so, zelda fan that i am, i totally missed that one. this is my first play through :D

[quote name='Tybee']Didn't know Revenant Wings was down to $19.99 at Target. Is that a sale price or is it permanently marked down?[/quote]No joke? That's one on my short list! Target time.

[quote name='neocisco']Major storm/tornado damage in my area. Pics when I get power back at home.[/quote]Hope you're well over there.

If it makes you feel any better, one of the days we had hail a couple months back, I had borrowed a car to go to Atlanta Bread Company to check in to CAG. Only around $600 worth of damage, but I'm billing Cheapy all the same. :lol:;)

[quote name='chuckie88']Don't know if anyone is interested in the 1600 MS points on sale at Target for $14.99 but there's 2 dozen at the Perimeter locale.[/quote]Is that a good deal? And what sort of stuff does that get you? I've FINALLY got dsl set up at the house, picked up a few xbox live vision gold packs at Kmart ($20 clearance) and when I get back from my trip to chicago, I'm going to set up my xbl account.

Just came from Circuit City on Barrett Parkway this morning and grabbed a copy of Phantom Hourglass for half off. They had one left on the first end cap near the new release DVDs when I left, if anyone's interested.

[quote name='guinaevere']picked up a few xbox live vision gold packs at Kmart ($20 clearance)[/quote]

Anyone know if there is a chance that any of the Metro-ATL area K-Marts might have at least one of these left on clearance?

[quote name='guinaevere']Did you say hi to our resident CC insider there?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I have no idea what he looks like, but we did get there about 5 minutes before they opened and one of the employees greeted me in the parking lot while I cleaned off my windshield. No one actually spoke to me in the store.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone know if there is a chance that any of the Metro-ATL area K-Marts might have at least one of these left on clearance?[/quote]I got the last one at the Doraville store and there are none at the Snellville or Cleveland Ave locations.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Maybe. I have no idea what he looks like, but we did get there about 5 minutes before they opened and one of the employees greeted me in the parking lot while I cleaned off my windshield. No one actually spoke to me in the store.[/quote]

You know what George Clooney looks like? I look nothing like that. I wasn't there, I'm off today.

No real damage on my property from the tornadoes. 3 trees down but they didn't hit anything. I just have to cut 'em and clear 'em. That's just fine with me compared to what others have to deal with. One neighbor up the street had a tree lifted straight up and promptly deposited on top of his car. Thankfully I don't think anyone in my sub-d had any major house damage. Considering that a tornado essentially passed directly over sub-d everything is just fine.

[quote name='neocisco']You know what George Clooney looks like? I look nothing like that. I wasn't there, I'm off today.

No real damage on my property from the tornadoes. 3 trees down but they didn't hit anything. I just have to cut 'em and clear 'em. That's just fine with me compared to what others have to deal with. One neighbor up the street had a tree lifted straight up and promptly deposited on top of his car. Thankfully I don't think anyone in my sub-d had any major house damage. Considering that a tornado essentially passed directly over sub-d everything is just fine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always just assumed you look like your avatar. ;)

Wow, glad to hear there's no major damage at your place. Definitely some good luck there.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Yeah, I always just assumed you look like your avatar. ;)

Wow, glad to hear there's no major damage at your place. Definitely some good luck there.[/quote]I always figured he lives in A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER. Seriously, glad there was no serious harm there.

[quote name='guinaevere']
Is that a good deal? And what sort of stuff does that get you? I've FINALLY got dsl set up at the house, picked up a few xbox live vision gold packs at Kmart ($20 clearance) and when I get back from my trip to chicago, I'm going to set up my xbl account.[/quote]

I would say that it isn't a bad deal but it isn't great either. (In fact if somebody knows a cheap way to get these I'd like to know!)
When buying online MS points are only sold in specific amounts with no incentive to buy in bulk.:cry:

The MS points amounts sold online are 500, 2000, and 5000 for $5, $25 and $50. At $14.99 it is something like 1 point per .937 of a cent.
If my math is right (it very well might not be) buying from MS directly works out to 1 point per 1.25 cents so it's a bit better.

So really it isn't a fantastic deal as you still have to pay tax but it is still slightly cheaper then buying straight from MS.
In my case, I wanted a few new songs for RockBand and 1600 points were enough and cheaper then the alternative.

As for what kind of stuff you can buy with 'em check out the marketplace blade on your 360 dashboard for your options.
You'll find XBLA games, TV shows, movies, and downloadable content for games like RockBand GH III. There's a ton of stuff, happy hunting!

Eesh. I finally got around to opening Phantom Hourglass yesterday evening, and there was no game in the box. I've heard about that happening, but first time I've ever experienced it. Ran back there before they closed and thankfully the guy working customer service was very helpful and got me a new one. I was worried I'd be out of luck since they only had the one copy in the morning, but they had 5 or 6 copies sitting out when I got there.

[quote name='neocisco']Considering that a tornado essentially passed directly over sub-d everything is just fine.[/quote]Relieved to hear that.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Yeah, I always just assumed you look like your avatar. ;)[/quote]HA! That's exactly what I had said.

[quote name='neocisco']Sorry to disappoint but not Farley either. I remain a mystery! HAH, HAH, HAH!!![/quote]Not to me. Neener neener neener. I'd describe you as the most intelligent, best looking and probably tallest CC employee I've ever met. Which, when I was expecting a Farley type, was quite a shock. :lol:

Thanks for the MS points info, chuckie. I still have to grab a long ethernet cable or cough up $100 for the wireless adapter. =\

[quote name='Nastrodamous']Anybody got an extra phantom hour glass or pokemon emerald from circuit city?[/quote]Phantom hourglass was two day only, but I believe Pokemon Emerald is all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back