General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

For those in the Gwinnett area, the Walmart on L'ville-Suwanee and Satellite is having a two day $10 clearance on their $19.82 games for various systems. They have ps2, xbox, 360, gamecube, wii, psp, ds, and gba advance games. Games were on three carts next to the electronics register - signs said sale ends tomorrow (5/4.)

I didn't have time to go through the whole lot, but I picked up Raiden III for the PS2 while my son picked up Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer/360 and my daughter picked up some Havest Moon (Magical Melody?) for the GC. Saw a few Rogue Galaxy and some other rpg's for the ps2. Most of the wii games were garbage - lotz of the petz variety.

[quote name='bier']For those in the Gwinnett area, the Walmart on L'ville-Suwanee and Satellite is having a two day $10 clearance on their $19.82 games for various systems. They have ps2, xbox, 360, gamecube, wii, psp, ds, and gba advance games. Games were on three carts next to the electronics register - signs said sale ends tomorrow (5/4.)

I didn't have time to go through the whole lot, but I picked up Raiden III for the PS2 while my son picked up Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer/360 and my daughter picked up some Havest Moon (Magical Melody?) for the GC. Saw a few Rogue Galaxy and some other rpg's for the ps2. Most of the wii games were garbage - lotz of the petz variety.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check this out later.

I'm all set up with Battle and Brew. I dropped by this weekend and it's definitely small but it fits the bill. For the time being, I've rented out the 2 main big screen TVs with the couches for the whole night. If we get enough people, I'll get another TV that has the Wii and PS2. The only "concern" is that the party is on Friday night and that is apparently "Free Rock Band" night, so the guys say it can become standing room only and get quite loud. I figure at least we have the couches reserved and my brother will love playing RB in front a big crowd. Not that we need that much sound to play Smash Bros, Mario Kart, or Halo.

[quote name='jdawgg76']PS3 games drop at any Targets? NBA07 did (down to 7.48)in Snellville, but Orange Box stayed at 29.98[/QUOTE]

I picked up two orange boxes for $14.xx at my local norcross target. I'm going back tomorrow to try and get some extras for CAGs before the hoarders take everything.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I picked up two orange boxes for $14.xx at my local norcross target. I'm going back tomorrow to try and get some extras for CAGs before the hoarders take everything.[/quote]

Checked out the N. Druid Hills Target this morning. There were definitely less Lairs and no Orange Boxes, but nothing seems to have dropped from last week. NBA 07 was still $15 and hasn't dropped to $7.

There is also one Genji for $15. 360 had some NCAA 07 and non-gold MUAs for $15. I don't think the two Lairs they had left will last another week.

I plan to check out Edgewood at lunch.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']Checked out the N. Druid Hills Target this morning. There were definitely less Lairs and no Orange Boxes, but nothing seems to have dropped from last week. NBA 07 was still $15 and hasn't dropped to $7.

There is also one Genji for $15. 360 had some NCAA 07 and non-gold MUAs for $15. I don't think the two Lairs they had left will last another week.

I plan to check out Edgewood at lunch.[/quote]Yeah, that's the way NDH looked last night. Lindbergh Plaza off Sidney Marcus still has the same prices for PS3 (50%) although the 360 stuff is 75% like MUA. I got the only 4000 point card there. It has the new drops like The Club and Kane & Lynch and some guides are 11.xx.

I stopped by the Duluth Target and saw two Orange Box PS3 for $14.98. Clerk wouldn't take the $5 off coupon so I bought just one, leaving one in the case. Didn't see anything else of note.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, that's the way NDH looked last night. Edgewood is still the same prices for PS3 although the 360 stuff is 75% like MUA. I got the only 4000 point card there. It has the new drops like The Club and Kane & Lynch and some guides are 11.xx.[/QUOTE]

How much for the Club? And I'm assuming PS3 only?

[quote name='Felder71']How much for the Club? And I'm assuming PS3 only?[/quote]

I saw the PS3 Club for, I believe, $28, at Edgewood. Also at Edgewood there were 3 Lairs, now at $25 down from $29. They had some GRAW (1) for 360 for $7.48. Also, several copies of PGR4 for $15. That's the lowest I've seen that.

[quote name='bier']I stopped by the Duluth Target and saw two Orange Box PS3 for $14.98. Clerk wouldn't take the $5 off coupon so I bought just one, leaving one in the case. Didn't see anything else of note.[/quote]Sorry for you that you didn't get two, but if you're talking about the Steve Reynolds target, then I'm glad for me cause I found the last one there;) They had a handful of each of the following @ 75% off (10-15): NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, and NBA 08 all for PS3. Also had Madden 07 for PS3, Halo 1 for 14, and several black and a few platinum Gamecube consoles for 70.

[quote name='Felder71']How much for the Club? And I'm assuming PS3 only?[/quote]Yeah, only the PS3 Kane & Lynch and The Club are clearanced right now. The Club was 50% off at 29.98 and K&L was 30% at 27.98

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']I saw the PS3 Club for, I believe, $28, at Edgewood. Also at Edgewood there were 3 Lairs, now at $25 down from $29. They had some GRAW (1) for 360 for $7.48. Also, several copies of PGR4 for $15. That's the lowest I've seen that.[/quote]Oops. Glad you didn't see my post and not go. My post about Edgewood was actually meant to be about Lindbergh Plaza off Sidney Marcus. Sorry, I got a little confused. Which one is edgewood again? EDIT: NVM, I see it's the one in L5P.

W. Marietta, only one I checked out, 1 FF12 Reverent Wings - 19.98, 10-12 Kane & Lynch (PS3) 19.98, a couple of The Club (PS3) 29.98, Guitar Hero 3 PC 34.98 in the PC section, 59.98 on the endcap.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']I saw the PS3 Club for, I believe, $28, at Edgewood. Also at Edgewood there were 3 Lairs, now at $25 down from $29. They had some GRAW (1) for 360 for $7.48. Also, several copies of PGR4 for $15. That's the lowest I've seen that.[/QUOTE]

Dang, would love it for 360 for that price.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sorry for you that you didn't get two, but if you're talking about the Steve Reynolds target, then I'm glad for me cause I found the last one there;) They had a handful of each of the following @ 75% off (10-15): NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, and NBA 08 all for PS3. Also had Madden 07 for PS3, Halo 1 for 14, and several black and a few platinum Gamecube consoles for 70.

[/quote]

That was the store, glad someone on here got the other copy :D. First time I was turned down using that coupon. Saw the other stuff on the endcap but nothing really caught my eye - was hoping that they would have one of the 4000 pt cards knocked down.

Stopped by the Lenox Target while running errands in the area on my break. Of course, I mosied, er moseyed, um walked by electronics and they had the new clearance games out on the endcap in the corner. Nothing too exciting. The PS3 games were still tagged high, however, when I checked the PS3 games on the scanner the older set were 75% off. At least NBA 08 was and there were a couple left as well as some NBA 07s which were in the earlier round of drops so I presume it's 75%. I didn't see any other PS3 games from that set of drops like Lair, which sadly the several copies that were there last week were gone. They had THPG and the Simpsons which were marked 30% off, but were 50% off. No Orange Box.

Some quick Target updates...

Someone cleaned out my local Norcross Target. I knew I should've picked up a copy of NBA 08 before the rush but oh well. A lesson learned I suppose.

I went by the lenox target and saw nothing. They did have several Virtua Tennis 3s if anyone is interested in those.

Also, Brandsmart is selling Super Smash Bros for 38.xx if anyone hasn't picked it up yet.

Edgewood BB has Battalion Wars 2 at 50% off in the BOGO box up by the registers. That makes it $25, or potentially free if you see something else in that box that you want. Like maybe Juiced 2 for the 360...but why?

Target at Northpoint and Steve Reynolds had several Gamecubes if anyone is looking for those. $68.xx if I remember correctly for black or silver models.

The Sidney Marcus Target had not dropped any PS3 prices when I stopped by around 3 today. I'm not sure when they update on Mondays, but it probably had already happened since there were some jewel case PC games newly marked as clearance.

No change on games already on clearance at the N Druid Hills location either. They used to have a TON of PC games on an endcap that were 50% off. 95% are gone including the King's Quest Collection and NWN2 (was 30% off) and the add on. Oh well.

Edgewood Target update -- No more Lairs, or much of anything really neat. There is one NWN 2 on an endcap down near the autoparts for $15.
There were 3 NBA 08's, but they were marked at $25. That's about it.

I was up at Buckhead Target 10 minutes ago. I saw a copy of :ps2: Manhunt 2 for $18 and they wouldn't sell it to me. What gives? How annoying is that?

I did pick up two copies of :ps2:DMC3:SE for $10 each. I'm not sure if there were more. I also picked up another :gc:Zelda:TE. There were at least a dozen of those for 50% off ($24.98)

[quote name='Wolfkin']I was up at Buckhead Target 10 minutes ago. I saw a copy of :ps2: Manhunt 2 for $18 and they wouldn't sell it to me. What gives? How annoying is that?[/quote]

Why wouldn't they sell it to you? I'm sure they gave some kind of reason, lame or otherwise.

Just curious as the Manhunt series is on my "games to grab with a decent price" list for summer play.

the guy just said it was maked "do not sell' in the register. he said it must be recalled or something. he did call manager to see if there was a way around it but nada.

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Anyone know if state bridge or the northpoint targets have any good clearance games?[/quote]

State Bridge had one Orange Box and two NBA 08s at $29.xx

I picked up the last copy of PGR 4 for 8 dollars though

[quote name='Wolfkin']the guy just said it was maked "do not sell' in the register. he said it must be recalled or something. he did call manager to see if there was a way around it but nada.[/quote]

Huh, that is strange. To make yourself feel better, just assume it was defective or something. ;)

Orange Box on clearance.. i'm sorry I wasn't paying attention which version are we talking about because i know i saw :pc: there not discounted at all.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Orange Box on clearance.. i'm sorry I wasn't paying attention which version are we talking about because i know i saw :pc: there not discounted at all.[/quote]PS3

I picked up the last copy of PGR 4 for 8 dollars though
How'd you get it for 8? The lowest I saw was 14.98 at 75% off.

This probably only applies to me and jdawgg from a specific standpoint, however, a Play 'N Trade is opening in Snellville this summer, right next to the Men's Wearhouse and O'Charley's on Hwy. 124.

Maybe the competition with both Gamestop locations on that road will help us gamers...

Bunch of stuff at the N. Druid Hills Target. Looks like they recently did a big dump onto the endcaps. There is actually one Lair left (marked and scans at $30 /sigh). There is also one PGR4 marked as $30 but scans for $0.00. I didn't feel like dickering at checkout, but if someone has more time and inclination, go forth!
There's also a mess of other stuff out there on the near endcap. Mostly for last gen, but there are still some NBA 07, 08 and NCAA 07, 08 basketball games. Mostly for PS3, but some for 360 as well.
Lots of Monster Madnesses for 360.
And one NWN2.

There are a bunch of GBA and PC games down at a further endcap, if you're so inclined.

cobb pkwy target turned up some new endcap things:

DBZ whatever 3 (wii) $35
Sypro (wii) $35

one copy each of Devil May Cry 3 SE and Destroy All Humans 2 PS2 both for $10

Guitar Hero 3 game/controller bundle for PC/Mac - $40

a bunch of pink 360 controller battery pack things for 5.98

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Anyone know if theres a place around GA where you can pick up some old school games and systems?[/quote]

GA is pretty big might help with more details.

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Anyone know if theres a place around GA where you can pick up some old school games and systems?[/quote]
Not sure when or on what page but I know that this was mentioned in this thread before.
Sometime in the last 2-3 months I think, it was a good bit of posts with links and such too.

I remember the mention of some indie shop on Barrett Prk. that closed, can't recall the name.
I think that the owner or owners had another shop further North up 75 or something.

Sorry this is all but useless but I'm sure it's buried in the thread somewhere.
Maybe this will help jog another ATL CAG's memory...

sean: Just checked back a bit as I'm bored check page 96 in this very thread from 3/19/08.

Tecka answered your own question about indie shops back then w/ the info. for a place called Console Concepts.

Also the store I couldn't recall a moment ago was Crazy Game Trader, didn't check to see if there was more info on pg 97.

Yes. There is a old game store in Athens, Ga, across the street from the Georgia Square Mall in the ugly pink shopping center. They have CRAPTONS of old systems and games, but they are kinda pricey.

Edit: oh wait, you wanted around North Fulton. Sorry.

I cleaned out the Edgewood Target today. Struck it rich. Several copies each of Jeanne D'arc, Final Fantasy I, II, and Castlevania: Dracula X, rang up at the 7.48 price point! I picked them all up so I've got a lot of trade fodder. There was one copy of FFXII Revenant Wings for 19.99, and NBA 08 for PS3 for 14.98 but I passed on both.

I think the edgewood target is tired of ppl stashing clearance games to come back for them once the prices drop again. All of the clearance games are now LOCKED in a glass case at the end of one of the clearance aisles.

[quote name='Enron']I cleaned out the Edgewood Target today. Struck it rich. Several copies each of Jeanne D'arc, Final Fantasy I, II, and Castlevania: Dracula X, rang up at the 7.48 price point! I picked them all up so I've got a lot of trade fodder. There was one copy of FFXII Revenant Wings for 19.99, and NBA 08 for PS3 for 14.98 but I passed on both.

I think the edgewood target is tired of ppl stashing clearance games to come back for them once the prices drop again. All of the clearance games are now LOCKED in a glass case at the end of one of the clearance aisles.[/quote]

I'm not interested in trading but I'll buy a few of those final Fantasy games off of you.

Snellville Target dropped Orange Box to 14.98. There were three there as well as a NCAA 08 for 9.98 and NBA 08 for 14.98 and THPG. Some OBs are hanging behind CDs on that endcap and are hard to see. They had a handful of DVDs As Ised for 4.96 including Roll Bounce and Jarhead on HD DVD. Would have gotten that one if I had found a 19.99 or less HD DVD addon at KMart or FYE. Anyone seen one recently at one of those stores?

Sidney Marcus Target also dropped the PS3 games in that group. They had three motorstorms and a NCAA 08 and THPG and Simpsons. I got the last Lair. Both locations also dropped PC games to 75% off including R6V at SM.

Checked the Snellville Best Buy and the Sidney Marcus one for the 360 GH2 Bundle, but neither store even had it, let alone had a deal on it. I asked at the SM location and the guy said they hadn't had it in a long time. He tried pimping the 50% off Halo 3 accessories and he said that they were marked down that low because they were getting sent back soon. I told him that I had seen the controller for 15 (30 at that BB) at KMart AND Target and that everyone was clearing them out and he actually said that they "may have to make these cheaper" because I wasn't the first person to point out that other stores were dropping the prices more. If anyone sees that GH2 bundle on sale, LMK please as I've always wanted to see what the big deal is, but not for 80 bones or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back