General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zewone']I'd be embarrassed paying for something using a CC with Ryu's face on it.

But, I do want one. But, it's too nerdy.[/quote]

Chicks dig SFIV cards. It's a constant reminder to them of just how much you love SFIV over them.

[quote name='zewone']I'd be embarrassed paying for something using a CC with Ryu's face on it.

But, I do want one. But, it's too nerdy.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't seem any worse than the tons of CCs I see with sports teams on them.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Doesn't seem any worse than the tons of CCs I see with sports teams on them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't have one of those either. ;)

[quote name='heavyd853']BUT IT SMELLS TURRRRRRRRRIBLE!
[/QUOTE]

chuckster_feature.jpg

On an FG related note, went to a GS tonight with a friend of mine and they had signs up that Tekken 6 is up for pre-order now.

It's a light years away but it put a smile to my face to see that particular store was advertising it.

Updating my endorsement of the SF4 Pad to a huge POS. I can no longer do any charge supers from the left side at all, i get 1 out of 10 if im lucky. Works perfect on the right side. What trash. Up to ebay it goes.

I've never really ever gotten in to tekken. I think it's because I had 3 when I was in like 3rd grade and my mom used to beat the living shit out of me in it. She wasn't nice about it either, bitch talks mad trash. I'm still excited for 6 for some reason though.

Going to try and find a copy of 4 today. Hope the GameCrazy thing works out, I can't wait another night to play it. Now I just have to wait for a fat kid to pay me for the skateboard I sold him and I can get my HRAp3 dual modded and kick you scrubs asses on both consoles. :rofl:

My favorite part of Tekken 3 was getting a free controller from Best Buy with it, some brand that started with an I, not Interact. $40 and a free controller? Deal to me. So I get home, friends and I unlock everyone taking turns. I decide I'm going to try out this new controller after we just unlocked the last character. I plug it in and it kills my PS1 ports. No controllers worked after that.

I stomped the fucking shit out of that piece of shit and the next day we dragged it to school behind my friend's car. I got a new PS1 a week later, and I'm glad I had friends that let me play it at their house. Having Tekken 3 day one and no system to play it on would've sucked ass.

And on that note, please don't die on me, 360. :pray:

That's terrible! :lol:

I hate to ask this because it's going to make me look all scrubby, but what does mashing mean? I thought it was just randomly hitting buttons instead of playing the game right but jer is always talking about mashing throws as chun and I'm like wut. I also don't really get piano inputs.

I'd totally get a Capcom Card if it didn't have all those fees.... some of them are for dumbasses, but some of them you can easily get charged.

Card Activation/Issuance Fee
$9.95
Monthly Maintenance Fee
$4.95 per month
Administrative Fee to Close Account
$10.00

$70 a year just to maintain the card, not to mention the balance that will be left on it (since it's prepaid, you'll pretty much always carry a positive balance on it unless you buy something for exactly the amount on the card. Hmm, maybe the benefits are worth it. I really am a Capcom fanboy.

Mashing usually does mean just hitting buttons, but you can mash out moves like throws. For example, if you are recovering from a move or getting up, you could hold towards and mash on FP and get a throw on a close opponent. Some games reward precise timing over mashing though, and being precise with your throw command and having exact timing will usually beat a throw masher to the throw.

Piano inputs would be when you want a move to come out, say a wake up shoryuken. You would do the motion as you get up and drum your fingers across 2 or more punch buttons, potentially increasing the chance of it coming out. I don't use this technique personally.

DEAR FIGHTER THREAD,

Today is the day we have been waiting for since the very first fighter thread was created by The VGM back in 1978 with little more than 2 tin cans and a piece of string. Remember all the "what fighting games do you want made?" questions and how most of the answers were "SF IV." Well, Capcom finally pulled their heads out of their asses a little bit. Maybe they'll go all the way and make MvC3. Anyway, go out, buy SFIV, and bask in its gloriness. Above all: No bitch assness!

that's my sentimental letter. now lets see if I can get any work done today.

Instead of playing SFIV today, I'm putting together a PC and cleaning my room. :cry: HRAP EX comes in tomorrow, but I won't get SFIV until Thursday, and even then I have to jam with some dudes, and we'll probably go from like 9 PM until midnight or later. So I won't even get to play SFIV until Friday. :cry:

But when I do get to play SFIV, it'll probably consume me.

You guys think GameCrazy will have SFIV at 10am, when the store opens? It's far away.. I'd have very little time to get there before my first class. :\

You can always try calling before opening. They'll be in the store, setting up. It's just a matter of whether they'll care enough to answer to phone or not. Although this post is probably too late to do anything for you.

To those of you getting the CE, it looks like the soundtrack CD comes with 17 tracks. The guy that already has it on GAF said the track names were not listed.

Are you guys going to play the game first or watch the anime movie first? I'm not sure what I want to do.:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']To those of you getting the CE, it looks like the soundtrack CD comes with 17 tracks. The guy that already has it on GAF said the track names were not listed.

Are you guys going to play the game first or watch the anime movie first? I'm not sure what I want to do.:lol::lol::lol:[/quote]

I'm going to play the movie on one TV, play the CD from the computer, pop a copy of the game into a PS3 and a 360 so I can scrutinize the graphic between the two, and hang the figures from my Madcatz controller so that they swing about and mock fight while I'm playing... all while sitting atop a Tournament Stick.

No, but seriously, I'm probably going to have to play a few rounds at the very least before watching the movie. From what I hear, the movie is just a bunch of the cutscenes strewn together anyway.

Anyone else pre-ordered through BlockBuster? I think im the only one lol. They tell me their shipments don't come in till thursday :bomb:

Woot! My name-change came through. :cool:

Oh i got a weird question. Maybe markman or anyone else with an early CE can answer.

Is the game inside the 360 CE sealed and identical to the regular 59.99 game? I'm tempted to pickup the 59.99 version from Gamestop for now, then return the game inside the CE version to Gamestop whenever my CE pre-order comes in. Kinda worried that my blockbuster won't have the CE right away.

Hmm...hopefully the CE game doesn't have a 'Not for Resale' tag on the barcode.

[quote name='suko_32']I going to sit here and cry that stores probably won't have them in today.[/quote]

This, so much of this.

[quote name='GuardianE']You can always try calling before opening. They'll be in the store, setting up. It's just a matter of whether they'll care enough to answer to phone or not. Although this post is probably too late to do anything for you.[/quote]

I called at 9:30 and arrived at 10:01. Got my copy! Also got a SFIV poster (awesome), a Dead Rising 2 poster (whatever), and a SF coin. The coin is super lame but still probably slightly cooler than that GS headband. The little cardboard thing that comes with the coin is so stupid though. The image of Ryu shooting a hadouken on the inside looks like it was stretched to about twice the original width in Microsoft Paint. The back of is also retarded. It has a 20 year history of SF and says something like this.

2000 - Street Fighter vs. SNK was released for the Dreamcast to much acclaim!

Really? SF vs. SNK? Where can I get a copy of that? I can't wait to get the fuck out of here so I can pop the disc in.

Btw Japakneez.. the CE will have a regular copy but I haven't seen a confirmation as to whether or not it'll be sealed yet. But what are the chances of an unsealed copy? I mean really..

[quote name='suko_32']I going to sit here and cry that stores probably won't have them in today.[/QUOTE]

That's what I am doing right now....

Yeah confirmed gamestop got it in today, i was talking to the guy a bit and apparently all the stores got in extra collectors editions too, so make sure to ask if yuo wanted it but could only get the regular edition. ill be on all dya if anyone wants to play!

[quote name='PhrostByte']

Btw Japakneez.. the CE will have a regular copy but I haven't seen a confirmation as to whether or not it'll be sealed yet. But what are the chances of an unsealed copy? I mean really..[/quote]

its sealed, and so is the movie/soundtrack! c. viper figure sucks though!

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']its sealed, and so is the movie/soundtrack! c. viper figure sucks though![/quote]

Please delete this post before Trakan sees it. :lol:

Is the CE box a dinky cardboard thing like the Resistance 2 CE? If so I'm worried I might rip the top a bit trying to open it, I never have any luck with those :/

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:IT'S IN! IT'S IN! IT'S IN!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The GS automated caller, Ashley, said the game would be in by 5 P.M. tomorrow afternoon but it's already in-stock.

I just talked to a cool Best Buy dude, he said its coming in today, and he will call me to come pick up when it comes in. So now I am just sitting here grinding on Full Tilt waiting for the best call of my life.

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']its sealed, and so is the movie/soundtrack! c. viper figure sucks though![/quote]

[quote name='PhrostByte']

Btw Japakneez.. the CE will have a regular copy but I haven't seen a confirmation as to whether or not it'll be sealed yet. But what are the chances of an unsealed copy? I mean really..[/quote]

Sweet. thanks guys. I had a couple concerns due to these experiences...

Madden CE had its own packaging AND wasn't sealed inside. Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle says 'Not for Resale' where the barcode usually goes. Just wanted to double check :)

[quote name='BustaUppa']aahhhaaaa I just got the call from that Ashley robot girl too!
called my store and they said they'll be in after 2:00.
sweeeet![/quote]

No call for me. :(

UGH, I don't wanna wait until tomorrow!

I don't wanna wait, until my store gets Street Fighter~
I want the game so much~
Help me, Dawson's Creek!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']UGH, I don't wanna wait until tomorrow!

I don't wanna wait, until my store gets Street Fighter~
I want the game so much~
Help me, Dawson's Creek![/quote]

That's terrible.

I heard the tune while rereading your post. Why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back