General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever deal with any of those travel sites that have like really good last minute deals? I'm trying to catch a last minute flight out to Vegas for Evo...

Man, it's gonna take some time before I get used to BB :/

I'm not used to these 2a,4a,6a,8a,etc.. attacks and comboing effectively, not even close :(

I'll randomly burst on occasion among other stuff too >.>

I like Taokaka and Noel, but eventually I'll want to get the hang of Arakune.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Man, it's gonna take some time before I get used to BB :/

I'm not used to these 2a,4a,6a,8a,etc.. attacks and comboing effectively, not even close :(

I'll randomly burst on occasion among other stuff too >.>

I like Taokaka and Noel, but eventually I'll want to get the hang of Arakune.[/QUOTE]

You get used to it, you can practice on me some time if you want. I need to get some practice with Bang.

did the arcade stick thread go away too? I was going to read through some of the stuff
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='distgfx']You get used to it, you can practice on me some time if you want. I need to get some practice with Bang.[/QUOTE]
Word. If you see me on BB, just hit me up too

I might be on in a couple hours just to get a little practice in.

"There are three hot chicks on the front cover, and that sure got my attention. 'Cause I like TITTAS!" :lol::lol::lol:

*"Masturbation" scene*:lol::lol::lol:

Double KO's are always fun
[quote name='Rodimus']Inf^Shini - Just wanted to say I got a good laugh out of your sig :lol:[/QUOTE]
Glad I could help out :lol:
Some people have the craziest ideas

[quote name='MarkMan']http://evo2k.com/live/

GET HYPE

and you FGT members not going, shame on you. I don't wanna hear excuses. Try next time.[/QUOTE]

Maybe next year, if you'll all be there of course. I have my reasons as to why I can't go. :lol:

[quote name='heavyd853']lollll no wonder our connection sucks suko. We're on goddamn opposite edges of the continental US.[/QUOTE]

No, that's not why. You know the reason...fix your internet heavy! :)

[quote name='suko_32']No, that's not why. You know the reason...fix your internet heavy! :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sorry heavy, you're on my ban list until you upgrade from your cup and string connection.

I dunno, insanely fast rate of tiger shots, awkward angles when hitting him out of his moves, invulnerability on the way up for his tiger uppercut, the fact that tiger knees can be dispensed so quickly, his ultra doing far more damage then most other peoples. There's a lot on the list.

Sagat is such a bitch to deal with sometimes. But hasn't he always been?

Oh, and it seems everyone I play with is in Florida or California, and my podunk internet seems to be decent usually.

fuck Jin. Seriously. I hate him.

I know he's not overpowered. I just suck against him. I always get hit by his shitty spam moves. Ride the Icening. Freeze. Freeze throw. Spam C. Rinse and repeat. Then I pick Jin, beat them with my even spammier Jin, then take a shower because I feel dirty.

I'm maining Litchi right now and I dread whenever I face Jin. I'll opt to play a Nu-13 player before I fight a Jin.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Sagat is such a bitch to deal with sometimes. But hasn't he always been?

Oh, and it seems everyone I play with is in Florida or California, and my podunk internet seems to be decent usually.[/QUOTE]

That's because the bitch has ALWAYS been broken and overpowered. Has capcom ever made a game with a mid tier sagat? Ever since his fucking inception in Champion Edition, Sagat has been S/God tier. NERF THE fuckER FINALLY.

[quote name='GuardianE']fuck Jin. Seriously. I hate him.[/QUOTE]
Is he really that bad online? I've been too scared to even try the online after watching some matches.... Plus the fact I don't really know any combo or anything.

[quote name='GuardianE']fuck Jin. Seriously. I hate him.

I know he's not overpowered. I just suck against him. I always get hit by his shitty spam moves. Ride the Icening. Freeze. Freeze throw. Spam C. Rinse and repeat. Then I pick Jin, beat them with my even spammier Jin, then take a shower because I feel dirty.

I'm maining Litchi right now and I dread whenever I face Jin. I'll opt to play a Nu-13 player before I fight a Jin.[/QUOTE]
I'm having problems problems with Jin as well. I eventually block so much that I get stuck in a corner half the match :/

When I go high, he knocks me right out of the air immediately

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm having problems problems with Jin as well. I eventually block so much that I get stuck in a corner half the match :/[/QUOTE]

Isn't that essentially what Blazblue is? Being pounded into a corner with no way out or to defend yourself? :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm having problems problems with Jin as well. I eventually block so much that I get stuck in a corner half the match :/[/QUOTE]

I mean, what's worse is that those moves do decent damage. I can see his freezing ability and Ice Ride moves being okay if they didn't do such good damage against you, but they do. And Jin's no slouch in the health department either. It just seems like his moves aren't as punishable as other characters' moves by default.

This, coupled with his godly Distortion Drives makes him a real pain.

I know I just need to get better against him, but it's frustrating when I know the other person is flowcharting and not even breaking a sweat.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Is he really that bad online? I've been too scared to even try the online after watching some matches.... Plus the fact I don't really know any combo or anything.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that he's really just overrated and that new people will eventually just learn to deal with him as they get more experience, but he's a nightmare to fight for someone relatively new... even if experienced in other fighters.

His Ice Ride is fast, does good damage, relatively safe on block, and lets him approach or flee at will.

His D Freeze is awesome in the air and his Standing D has good range and is pretty tall. Once he freezes you, he can run up and throw you (which is another free freeze... I know you can tech out of it, but that still leaves the move unpunishable if it's tech'd... and devastating if it hits), or Ice Ride, or Distortion.

My advice for online if you don't know any combos? Play as Jin. :D

@Paco - Until you learn the game and do unto others as they have done to you :p

[quote name='GuardianE']I mean, what's worse is that those moves do decent damage. I can see his freezing ability and Ice Ride moves being okay if they didn't do such good damage against you, but they do. And Jin's no slouch in the health department either. It just seems like his moves aren't as punishable as other characters' moves by default.

This, coupled with his godly Distortion Drives makes him a real pain.

I know I just need to get better against him, but it's frustrating when I know the other person is flowcharting and not even breaking a sweat.[/QUOTE]
Haha yea, there was SOME FGT guy out there using Jin against my curious Taokaka, and I just kept getting locked down.

What I find worse than Jin though is Arakune. Oi...Arakune...

Btw, does anyone find it hard to use a DD with the PS3 d-pad? I'll do the commands quickly but it rarely comes out, so I resort to the analog stick and I'll get it out at least half the time.

I need to go get my stick...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']@Paco - Until you learn the game and do unto others as they have done to you :p

Haha yea, there was SOME FGT guy out there using Jin against my curious Taokaka, and I just kept getting locked down.

Btw, does anyone find it hard to use a DD with the PS3 d-pad? I'll do the commands quickly but it rarely comes out, so I resort to the analog stick and I'll get it out at least half the time.

I need to go get my stick...[/QUOTE]

I never really cared for the guilty gear style of I WILL HIT YOU A MILLION TIMES AND YOU CAN"T DO SHIT ABOUT IT. I prefer the Street Fighter way of You hit me, I block and counter, or you mess up your attack, and I punish you with a precise attack.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']@Paco - Until you learn the game and do unto others as they have done to you :p

I need to go get my stick...[/QUOTE]

Well, isn't Arakune actually top tier with Nu-13? I mean, I remember reading that somewhere, but I'm not certain of that. Jin's not at all, and that's what makes it all the more infuriating if I get trounced by him.

The commands in BB have to be more precise in general. They're not as forgiving as they are in SFIV. That might be why you have to make an adjustment when playing with the PS3 pad?

[quote name='Paco']I never really cared for the guilty gear style of I WILL HIT YOU A MILLION TIMES AND YOU CAN"T DO SHIT ABOUT IT. I prefer the Street Fighter way of You hit me, I block and counter, or you mess up your attack, and I punish you with a precise attack.[/QUOTE]

I like both. :D

But BB has a lot of ways to defensively counter. The barrier gauge, the Counter Attack with A+B, the Barrier Burst. None are really free to use, but it makes sense because BB is such an offense oriented game. If you want a break from a corner trap, you're going to either have to be quick enough or it'll cost you something.

[quote name='Paco']That's because the bitch has ALWAYS been broken and overpowered. Has capcom ever made a game with a mid tier sagat? Ever since his fucking inception in Champion Edition, Sagat has been S/God tier. NERF THE fuckER FINALLY.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Dude's always had reach and priority. Only thing he's never had is movement speed, but he doesn't need that.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Agreed. Dude's always had reach and priority. Only thing he's never had is movement speed, but he doesn't need that.[/QUOTE]

If capcom was any more messed up, they'd grant him movement speed to go along with his almost half screen high kick. That'd be a laugh.

[quote name='GuardianE']His Ice Ride is fast, does good damage, relatively safe on block, and lets him approach or flee at will.[/QUOTE]incorrect... that's why u insta-block dawg.

icecar broadcasts itself like 300 miles away, you can always get a free combo off it.

[quote name='JEKKI']incorrect... that's why u insta-block dawg.

icecar broadcasts itself like 300 miles away, you can always get a free combo off it.[/QUOTE]

I knows, man. That's why I've got to get better at it. Insta-blocking is still something I haven't really gotten good at doing. Icecar is pretty fast if you're not used to it. The startup really isn't that bad on it. I'm having less of an issue with Icecar as I am with freezing. I can never read the Freeze coming and I completely suck ass with teching out of throws.

Are you always able to get a free combo after a regular block? Should I just be jabbing into something? Should I try to throw? It seems like he can block some attacks I try after blocking his IceCar.

Like I said before, it's obviously me sucking against him, but I wanted some pointers to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm having problems problems with Jin as well. I eventually block so much that I get stuck in a corner half the match :/

When I go high, he knocks me right out of the air immediately[/QUOTE]

Why does this sound so familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back