General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pete5883']Any bonuses at NWS?[/QUOTE]
Don't know yet, but I hope so; sometimes they give out cool stuff, and sometimes not. Going to the launch event, anyway... they haven't announced one yet, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't one ;)

And Rei: As for what the hell happened, I'm trying to piece that together myself...

[quote name='dmaul1114']To save you a lot of reading, LinkinPrime wanted the genre threads (fighting, RPG etc.) gone and just one General Gaming thread.

After much bitching (in which Chacrana and some others got temp bans), he relented and let us keep all the threads but they have to have normal names that never change, and not be restarted after 500 posts.

Point of all that? Beats the shit out of me. *shrugs*[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the explanation. Also I just got my first ever infraction XD

Warriors Orochi 2 is so good. Sorry SW2, there's a new champion.

[quote name='manthing']GameKult AND Eurogamer...

:cool:[/quote]

Ah hell, didn't know GameKult was handing them out.

Is it just me or are posts disappearing? I must be more sick than I thought.

EDIT: Ok, I'm not that sick then.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Thanks for the explanation. Also I just got my first ever infraction XD

Warriors Orochi 2 is so good. Sorry SW2, there's a new champion.[/QUOTE]

haha how? well i got a 2 point one today from LP

psp GAYMES

Wow that didn't take long. Magic portal of vanishing posts. I think a curse is upon us. Speaking of curses. Anyone ever play with Ouiji boards? I never did. It always seemed like a silly game.

Had fun with Refused. Hope to finish that story mode up soon! I want my Dom cheezmintz!

No way these are your guy's first infractions.

Whoever has the CoD5 Beta, post 'dem impressions! All I need to know is if it's better or worse than CoD4.

[quote name='Moxio']Dead Space 7/10 from EG? :^([/QUOTE]

aww nuts! link?

[quote name='Kendal']Wow that didn't take long. Magic portal of vanishing posts. I think a curse is upon us. Speaking of curses. Anyone ever play with Ouiji boards? I never did. It always seemed like a silly game.

Had fun with Refused. Hope to finish that story mode up soon! I want my Dom cheezmintz![/QUOTE]

sry i wasnt talking...it was fucking hot in my room

ill look at infractions as trophies....i had a 1 bronze on from a while a go and today i got 2 silver ones :]

now, should i pick up Dead Space?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Thanks for the explanation. Also I just got my first ever infraction XD
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I can't believe LP didn't infract me today.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

How do you tell if you got an infraction? A PM? I was amazed I didn't get one for all the bashing I did of the mods, so I was wondering if I just didn't no where to look.

[quote name='refusedchaos']ill look at infractions as trophies....i had a 1 bronze on from a while a go and today i got 2 silver ones :]

now, should i pick up Dead Space?[/quote]

Only a bronze here, so sad.

I dunno about Dead Space, I've heard people say it's a good survival horror game. Yes, a survival horror game. Though I'm still iffy on it myself since it doesn't look like it'd be much fun in all honesty. I don't buy into the strategic dismemberment. Any game that touts that usually ends up being a "Shoot him in the fucking face and you'll be fine" type of game.

[quote name='dmaul1114']How do you tell if you got an infraction? A PM? I was amazed I didn't get one for all the bashing I did of the mods, so I was wondering if I just didn't no where to look.[/QUOTE]

you will get a PM that says:

"Hi dmaul1114,
since i am a douche, i gave you a infraction cause of this:"

Dead Space, Dead Space, should i get you?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Refused, that's how I got one. I called LP a douche. So you might want to edit that XD[/QUOTE]

why? my statement was toward no one. just a example

Dead Space, Dead Space....hmm

[quote name='refusedchaos']you will get a PM that says:

"Hi dmaul1114,
since i am a douche, i gave you a infraction cause of this:"

Dead Space, Dead Space, should i get you?[/quote]

Get LBP and we can make naughty levels! :D

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Refused, that's how I got one. I called LP a douche. So you might want to edit that XD[/QUOTE]

was yours bronze, silver, gold, or platium?

yay for LBP!

I also received my first infraction today. I wanna be a mod so I can reverse shit like this when it happens. And also ban trolls.

Anyone up for soul calibur?

I put a good half hour into SCIV tonight. I'm going to master Darth Vader. He's got some really cool moves, I just need to train with him more to get some fluidity down. I really can't wait to unlock Starkiller, he's a cool character, just a shame his game pissed me off so badly.

Puma, I'll be up for some SCIV like... tomorrow or Thursday. I wanna get a few more hours under my belt before I play against people.

And did I miss something on the last page? I guess I'll check it out.

And for reference, Fred Fredburger > most other cartoon characters.

[quote name='Ahadi']I put a good half hour into SCIV tonight. I'm going to master Darth Vader. He's got some really cool moves, I just need to train with him more to get some fluidity down. I really can't wait to unlock Starkiller, he's a cool character, just a shame his game pissed me off so badly.

Puma, I'll be up for some SCIV like... tomorrow or Thursday. I wanna get a few more hours under my belt before I play against people.

And did I miss something on the last page? I guess I'll check it out.

And for reference, Fred Fredburger > most other cartoon characters.[/quote]

Alright. I'm really pretty mediocre so if your decent it'll be a good fght.

And do not play with vader. He's shit.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Alright. I'm really pretty mediocre so if your decent it'll be a good fght.

And do not play with vader. He's shit.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't hate on the Dark Lord of the Sith. And I'm a ways away from mediocre. I'm like a chimp mashing buttons at this point.

There are a few other SC characters I like, but I mean, I grabbed the PS3 version for Vader... so he's going to be my "guy" :lol:

[quote name='DarthPuma']Alright. I'm really pretty mediocre so if your decent it'll be a good fght.

And do not play with vader. He's shit.[/quote]

I'll kick your ass up and down as Vader.
Not really.

I I just played some matches against the computer and sucked balls.

Raphael on the hardest setting. I was fine when I played right, but I kept reverting to my kof/tekken mash buttons to find combos and then abuse them since you don't know how to play.

crazy day... geeze.

more drama than I needed today. friends crying + stress + CAG fiasco = not good of a day for me.

I have some old infractions but due to showing half naked women and posting a link to music >_

[quote name='DarthPuma']I I just played some matches against the computer and sucked balls.

Raphael on the hardest setting. I was fine when I played right, but I kept reverting to my kof/tekken mash buttons to find combos and then abuse them since you don't know how to play.[/QUOTE]

You probably have your own system for fighters, but I usually pick 3 to 7 combos to memorize and just work those.

And I think I'm going to make some form of signature other than my currently playing list.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']crazy day... geeze.

more drama than I needed today. friends crying + stress + CAG fiasco = not good of a day for me.

I have some old infractions but due to showing half naked women and posting a link to music >_

[quote name='refusedchaos']oh i will...we totally got to make some futa levels[/quote]
You have aroused my interest....

Also I downloaded Endless Attack mode for MM9. It's surprisingly fun to play (until they keep giving spikes every screen). So far my best record so far is 29 screens

distgfx: From what I read/heard about Dead Space it seems that shooting things in the head is rarely a good idea. It seems to just really piss them off more. Of course they could be BS'ing too so I'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']You have aroused my interest....

Also I downloaded Endless Attack mode for MM9. It's surprisingly fun to play (until they keep giving spikes every screen). So far my best record so far is 29 screens

distgfx: From what I read/heard about Dead Space it seems that shooting things in the head is rarely a good idea. It seems to just really piss them off more. Of course they could be BS'ing too so I'll have to wait and see.[/quote]

Even more of a reason for me to shoot them in the head. I wanted to do it to kill them but now I want to do it just to piss them off. That sounds like it's going to be awesome.

fuck you raphael. I just want to win one fucking match.

I make one god damn mistake and you punish me with a 4000000 hit combo that takes 3/4 of my life.

How do you break your self from mashing your combos? LIke, I'll 236 b, but I'll get all excited and do 236 bbbbbbb. That's why I can't do jf for shit.

I'm up for a fight whenever you triple people need be...

I'm also up for this:

cl2.jpg

[quote name='DarthPuma']
How do you break your self from mashing your combos? LIke, I'll 236 b, but I'll get all excited and do 236 bbbbbbb. That's why I can't do jf for shit.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about personally, it's just a matter of breaking yourself of the habit. Like I said above, just pick some combos and drill them in to your head so those become the buttons you mash as opposed every button on the controller. And if I misread what you meant, sorry :lol:

I'm off to bed. Gonna play Disgaea and watch some Adult Swim. G'night folks.

And don't forget to say your prayers tonight... a miracle happened and we got to keep our GGT ;-)
^too soon?

[quote name='Ahadi']If you're talking about personally, it's just a matter of breaking yourself of the habit. Like I said above, just pick some combos and drill them in to your head so those become the buttons you mash as opposed every button on the controller. And if I misread what you meant, sorry :lol:

I'm off to bed. Gonna play Disgaea and watch some Adult Swim. G'night folks.

And don't forget to say your prayers tonight... a miracle happened and we got to keep our GGT ;-)
^too soon?[/quote]

Kind of. I do have those combos drilled into my head.

My other problem is I haven't learned openings well yet. Like, I"ll go in for something, get blocked, and then get rocked with a huge combo. fucking cpu hates me.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I was reading the Dead Space guide, and it does seem that shooting them in the head doesn't do much. Supposedly since they're already dead.[/quote]
Well that makes sense I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back