General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'd say don't buy LBP at all.[/QUOTE]That's my most wanted game by far. :p No way I'm missing out on that game. I can't wait to play that with many of my PSN friends (like 75% of my PSN friends are getting it).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I can't get to TRU for the sale, unless it went until Friday (just can't get a ride). That's okay because I shouldn't be spending money anyway. I need to find more info on World of Goo. I was initially planning to buy Bomberman and Dr. Mario from Wii Ware, but now I may change my mind. $15 isn't a bad price (I did pay $40 for Siren after all) IMO.[/quote]
I bought Bomberman, Goo, and Secret of Mana in the last three days, so it's a good thing I was able to secure 8000 points for $50.

There are plenty of Youtube vids of World of Goo, most of the levels in the first chapter I think, gives you a good idea of how it works.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That's my most wanted game by far. :p No way I'm missing out on that game. I can't wait to play that with many of my PSN friends (like 75% of my PSN friends are getting it).[/QUOTE]

And while I'm here before I gotta run to class, I'm just going to exchange for SR2 and actually buy LBP. Support the developers :cool: more money they get, more games like that that will appear.

[quote name='botticus']You bought points at TRU, right? $9![/quote]

Yeah, got 6000 points. but, there's some SNES titles I've been wanting (Super mario rpg, super turrican 2) and not to mention vectorman, splatterhouse 2 and shining force 2 on genesis as well.

I supposed I'll just watch some more videos on it, and read some more impressions to see what I think. It lookis like it has a kind of Loco Roco vibe to it.

I'm beginning to wonder if the 6000 points I bought was enough. With World of Goo, Secret of Mana and Cubello that's already 2900 points. :whistle2:k

At the very least, going to hold off on those purchases until I finish Megaman 9, need to beat Wily's Castle.

[quote name='Ahadi']And while I'm here before I gotta run to class, I'm just going to exchange for SR2 and actually buy LBP. Support the developers :cool: more money they get, more games like that that will appear.[/QUOTE]Sounds like a good idea to me.

[quote name='botticus']I bought Bomberman, Goo, and Secret of Mana in the last three days, so it's a good thing I was able to secure 8000 points for $50.

There are plenty of Youtube vids of World of Goo, most of the levels in the first chapter I think, gives you a good idea of how it works.[/QUOTE]I'm a big Bomberman fan, which is why I'll buy it, but I still need Wii points. Just haven't gotten round to it. Although I'm more so looking to buy Bomberman on PSN mostly because I have tons of friends to play with already. As big of a Secret of Mana fan I am, not sure yet if I will get it on VC (for some reason, my love for classical gaming just isn't there right now).

I outlined my game buying list for the rest of the year:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4980393&postcount=35

The list isn't complete since I may pick up more downloads, and there are other games which I totally forgot about.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I'm beginning to wonder if the 6000 points I bought was enough. With World of Goo, Secret of Mana and Cubello that's already 2900 points. :whistle2:k

At the very least, going to hold off on those purchases until I finish Megaman 9, need to beat Wily's Castle.[/quote]

Yeah, same here. Starting last christmas, a group of my friends did gifting via the vritual console, so I know I have to have 1000 points left for that, so I'm really only stuck with 5000 points. Sunday I spent 1500 getting Megaman 9 and Super Dodgeball, but I'm in no hurry to grab stuff up right away. It's not like it's going to be taken down or only up for a limited time anyway.

Edit: Oh my goodness how I wish Nintendo would put Aero Fighters for the SNES on the virtual console. I love that game so much, but I really don't want to pay $130 for a cart only copy.

Technician came out today finally, and basically it boils down to Bellsouth has the network in "maintenance mode" so they won't troubleshoot jack shit until the network's up, and until that happens, my PS3's going to be NAT 3. When it does come back up, we're resetting everything and starting fresh network wise.

Also found out that hosting a gaming server (Essentially what PS3/360 are) on a residential service is against their contract, and if they try to help me, it's basically a bonus for me. It makes me wonder why they don't have gamer-specific services. They have residential and business, but not gaming. Gaming's pretty big now, and I'm sure a lot of people would pay to have gaming specific internet plans.

Played some more Kirby Super Star Ultra before crashing last night. Finished Meta Knightmare Ultra, which was pretty lame as it was just playing through most of the earlier modes with a more powerful character when they were already super easy with Kirby.

Just need to get through the Arena to unlock a couple more games, then finish those off and I'll be done with it and on to Sonic Rush.

Little Big Planet is going to be one of those games everyone LOVES for like a half a week, then realizes all the levels are either too gimmicky or feel the same and realize just how shallow the game is.

I'm at the last boss of the first Onimusha game. Really surprised how good it was, especially for $4.

Still grinding at DQ4 too. Great game.

[quote name='Jest']Oh hellz yeah! My GST rebate just came in the mail. $60.50 ftw. I'll probably go pay off LBP after school.[/quote]What do you get a GST rebate for? I thought that was only for us Americans who bought stuff there.

Mana, you're crazy. I couldn't in good conscience buy that many games and I do have a job!

[quote name='Jest']Its a refund of what I payed on my paycheck.[/quote]
Ah, did not know that was also an income tax. Thought it was just like sales tax.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

[quote name='botticus']
Mana, you're crazy. I couldn't in good conscience buy that many games and I do have a job![/QUOTE]

No kidding! TMK, prioritize that and spend more time getting your damn driver's license and finding a damn job, and getting out of your parent's house!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Played some more Kirby Super Star Ultra before crashing last night. Finished Meta Knightmare Ultra, which was pretty lame as it was just playing through most of the earlier modes with a more powerful character when they were already super easy with Kirby.

Just need to get through the Arena to unlock a couple more games, then finish those off and I'll be done with it and on to Sonic Rush.[/quote]

If you like Sonic Rush, I'd recommend picking up Sonic Rush Adventure as well. Good, quality sonic game.

Odd, as other's have posted that Sonic Rush is good but to stay away from Sonic Rush Adventure. I've never been much of a Sonic fan, so I'll probably just stick with Rush.

Rush Adventure isn't as good, but it's basically the same style of game, but with a clunky overworld added and some decently fun minigames.

What a waste of a class today. She spent 5 minutes talking about an outline we have due on thursday, then we just watched a fucking movie. Granted, the movie was quite good (John Adams was the title I believe), I just think she should have emailed us the info and canceled class today.

Do you guys know if Walmart still does exchanges without a receipt?

[quote name='SL4IN']Ahadi, wal-mart still takes stuff without receipts, but you're only allowed 3 per year.[/QUOTE]

Ballin'. That's two more than I need :cool:

I'm off to Walmart! And I think I'm going to get some paint/super glue for my Warhammer stuff.

I'd think LP would be fine with the Arcade Stick thread being around. Not sure why that one got closed, it wasn't a general thread, but a thread on a very specific topic.

I'd say just start a new one MarkMan. I doubt he can bring it back if was one of the ones he merged in with the GGT.

Stuck in class right now. Bored out of my mind. Stupid lectures. I already know enough C++ to get me through the semester with a pretty good grade, but I gotta attend a good portion of them to pass. I got 3 games from the B2G1 sale and I wanna start on them!

EDIT: Uh oh. Sly Cooper 1 is being sent to me now. I'm being overwhelmed with games! How do you guys do it? With school, work, and friends, I have almost no time for them!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ahadi']Ballin'. That's two more than I need :cool:

I'm off to Walmart! And I think I'm going to get some paint/super glue for my Warhammer stuff.[/QUOTE]

Reported for ripping wal mart off.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll second the arcade stick coming back. very good resource and I still have questions I wanted to post in there for research.[/quote]

Please use the fighter thread.

[quote name='SL4IN']If you like Sonic Rush, I'd recommend picking up Sonic Rush Adventure as well. Good, quality sonic game.[/QUOTE]I want to get the game in ways, since I really liked Sonic Rush. One of my favorites on DS.

[quote name='botticus']
Mana, you're crazy. I couldn't in good conscience buy that many games and I do have a job![/QUOTE]It's not that many to me because I had years where I bought 2-3 times more than that, around the Holiday season when I didn't need them. 10 games the rest of the year should be fine I think. You gotta understand that I'm by myself a lot and have much more time to myself compared to most, so games keep me occupied.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No kidding! TMK, prioritize that and spend more time getting your damn driver's license and finding a damn job, and getting out of your parent's house![/QUOTE]My main goal is getting a license right now (job is 2nd). That stuff will be taken care of, but I still gotta buy my games. :D

Just before PSN went down, I played some Buzz: Quiz TV and Wipeout HD. I'm angry because it still seems like I played more than 20 single player games and no trophy. I'll keep trying. Played a little Wipeout HD but stuck on a Time Trial. Also played some Lost Planet on 360 and finished another level.

Hmmm...
CANADIAN ELECTION IS TODAY
I'm not old enough to vote,
but if your Canadian and your old enough+weren't planning to vote
VOTE CONSERVATIVE :)

Oh and I'm reviewing High School Musical 3. Looking forward to my first published MOVIE review :) :)

Oh, gamez. Well I'm hopefully going to pick up my point cards today and rock out to some 360 gamez. Or not. I don't know...

[quote name='munch']Reported for ripping wal mart off.[/quote]

Really? He didn't say what he was returning, and for all you or anyone else knows, he could have had the receipt and lost it.

Back OT, gonna finish Mega Man 2 today.

[quote name='SL4IN']Really? He didn't say what he was returning, and for all you or anyone else knows, he could have had the receipt and lost it.

Back OT, gonna finish Mega Man 2 today.[/QUOTE]

Reported for justifying someone ripping Wal Mart off.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Please use the fighter thread.[/quote]

Apologies, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I do use my stick for 2D games in general: shmups, and platformers as well as fighters. I think the arcade stick thread can stand on it's own--especially considering how so many have questions about stick parts, modding, choosing sticks, etc..

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Please use the fighter thread.[/QUOTE]

I don't like that idea. The stick thread was full of details on how to build sticks, where to order parts, reviews on specific sticks etc. While the fighter thread was to talk about fighting games. It's a giant clusterfuck to try to fit those two different types of information in one thread. People wanting info on building a stick don't want to sift through posts about games, and vice versa.

And as the gunm mentioned, arcade sticks can be used for a variety of games besides fighting games, especially in this gen with all the arcade games on XBLA and PSN.

I still don't get your concern over having threads for specific topics like this, especially when you touted having threads for each game rather than genre which would create much more clutter as many games discussed in those genre threads don't need their own threads as not enough people are playing them.

Yeah, actually a social group may be ok for arcade stick info. Make it public (no invites needed) and put a link to it in the first post in the Fighting Game threads, and some indication that the link is there in the thread title so newbies can find it.

But I still don't see the harm in having a thread devoted to information on building arcade sticks or giving opinions on official sticks.

My afternoon adventure:
Wally World said no on my exchange. No biggie. Searched the store for model paint, no dice. Checked about 4 other stores in the area for model paint. The last store I checked was a mom&pop hardware store. They had like... 4 different colors of water based paint. No biggie. I grabbed 3 different paints for $6 and two brushes (fine point and a little wider) for $6. Not a bad haul. Then I went to TRU to exchange my game for SR2. I can't wait to fire it up later.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I say not now to LBP. The actual gameplay is just so weak.[/quote]

Pretty much how I feel. Might use that money to order a mayflash. Someone talk me into it!

When is Fable 2 out?

Still trying to find sometihng to go with gamefly for yf360g. Anyone have a credit card I can borrow?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I say not now to LBP. The actual gameplay is just so weak.[/QUOTE]I highly disagree there there because there's so much personality with it and there are many things you can do. The level designs in story mode are pretty good. I wouldn't say the controls are 100% perfect, but they still work very well. Still, playing 2D type of levels with friends, online, along with an endless number of levels is a dream come true. Playing with friends is so much fun and there's still quite a lot to do on your own. Not just beating every level is key, but there's so much to collect, designing your pod, cool things to do with the PS Eye (I have one). In ways it's the only game I probably need the rest of the year, but I'll still buy several games.;) The platforming is pretty challenging too, which also makes the game a joy.

I could say the beta alone was my GotY, even above MGS4 (and that game was truly something special to me).

I don't plan to buy Gears 2. I didn't like the first at all. I liked Halo 3, but not Gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back