General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']I'm not quite sure I get TFU:SI.

Unless it's really cheap.[/QUOTE]

It has at least $20 of DLC, as well as the exclusive Hoth content.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It's not worth it IMHO, but I'm one of the few people who never really liked God of War games.[/QUOTE]

SW:TFU was pretty good, if not incredibly frustrating in the later levels, but in no way compares to God of War.

[quote name='dallow']Cool mak! Specs?[/QUOTE]

HP Pavilion Elite e9150t PC
• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-920 processor (2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache with QPI Technology)
• 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]
• 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
• 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 [2 DVI, HDMI and VGA adapters]

Noice.

I'm jealous, but Happy with my Lappy.

EA sports active is the real deal - i'm gonna be feeling those squats tomorrow.

[quote name='Trakan']
SW:TFU was pretty good, if not incredibly frustrating in the later levels, but in no way compares to God of War.[/QUOTE]

the quick time events and the battle system reminded me of GoW alot. the only thing I found different were the setting and the force powers.

don't take this as a diss, I'm just stating how it didn't appeal to me due to those reasons.

Holy crap Mak.

Now you can leave these scrub consoles behind and live the life of cheaper and MUCH prettier games.

(take me with you)

4k7h1d.jpg

Just plug in a controller........... :drool:

This whole thread is eye candy.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357957

The Mother Brain fight in Zero Mission is fucking me over. And I'm only on normal. I could draw the game over screen, pixel for pixel I've seen it too many times.

How many days can I go without buying a game?
It's been at least 1-2 a week (averaging) for a couple months now.

Need to quit.
Need to buy sofa, need to buy new rotors and pads.
Working today, so the OT will help.

Yea, but doesn't that 20.00 of content consist of a couple short missions and characters? Plus, the game itself has been so cheap recently (5.00 at some places, right?) I couldn't see spending more than 20.00 on it. It certainly doesn't strike me as nearly a good deal as Fallout GOTY.

[quote name='Flak']The Mother Brain fight in Zero Mission is fucking me over. And I'm only on normal. I could draw the game over screen, pixel for pixel I've seen it too many times.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I never thought it was that tough. You're shooting the projectiles that are flying at you, right?

It probably isn't that tough, I've just never been good at anything but RPGs and shooters.

I guess I could manage the rings a little better. If I had one more energy tank I could totally finish it, cause I keep getting her one super missile away from death but I end up stuck in the lava because of the rings and guns.

[quote name='Flak']The Mother Brain fight in Zero Mission is fucking me over. And I'm only on normal. I could draw the game over screen, pixel for pixel I've seen it too many times.[/QUOTE]
I actually beat Mother Brain on Hard on a 10% under two hour run. Now THAT was brutal :bomb:

The easiest way is just to freeze the projectiles and use them to your advantage. Remember how many shots it takes to destroy them, use them as additional platforms, only destroy one at a time, and NEVER, EVER, drop below your main platform. That will always trigger mother brain to use her beam attack. Oh yea, there's also a point where either three missiles or 1 super missile will initiate the beam attack, just hit her with two missiles and then tag her with one Super Missile, it's the most effective damage output :)

You know what else is hard? Fighting the Mecha Boss at the end on a 100% Hard run. Takes twice as many hits to kill and does double the damage >.>

Not only that, then you have to take on the two black bastards at the end. Of course, that's easy if you can use the ledge trick (makes them climb up to the edge, jump away for no reason, and repeat. Target Practice).

The game is REALLY fun though, I honestly like it better than any other Metroid game. It controls really well and runs smooth, the secrets and hidden routes allow you to complete the game in several fashions and makes for some interesting speed runs.

Word on the street is the PS3 slim will have OtherOS removed, still 2 USB ports, will come in 120GB and 250GB, cheaper push buttons in the front instead of touch sensitive buttons, and will be 50% smaller then current PS3's.

[quote name='Flak']That means nothing without BC.[/QUOTE]
That same source also says no backwards compatibility with PS2. But Sony has recently filed a patent for the Cell to emulate the Emotion Engine which means we may be seeing backwards compatibility for every PS3, or it could mean they are going to sell PS2 games on the PSN Store, or it could mean nothing.

[quote name='nyprimus4']That same source also says no backwards compatibility with PS2. But Sony has recently filed a patent for the Cell to emulate the Emotion Engine which means we may be seeing backwards compatibility for every PS3, or it could mean they are going to sell PS2 games on the PSN Store, or it could mean nothing.[/QUOTE]

Knowing Sony, probably the later.

[quote name='nyprimus4']That same source also says no backwards compatibility with PS2. But Sony has recently filed a patent for the Cell to emulate the Emotion Engine which means we may be seeing backwards compatibility for every PS3, or it could mean they are going to sell PS2 games on the PSN Store, or it could mean nothing.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with BC or nothing.

Doesn't the system have to be PS2 compatible to play games downloaded off PSN? Every PS3 can play PS1 games, which is how that's possible. So wouldn't it have to be the same with PS2 games?

[quote name='whoknows']I'm going to go with BC or nothing.

Doesn't the system have to be PS2 compatible to play games downloaded off PSN? Every PS3 can play PS1 games, which is how that's possible. So wouldn't it have to be the same with PS2 games?[/QUOTE]
Yeah but in theory they can lock it to not let PS2 discs play but allow it to play a PS2 game you downloaded off the PSN store, if they were able to get the Cell to emulate the PS2.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Yeah but in theory they can lock it to not let PS2 discs play but allow it to play a PS2 game you downloaded off the PSN store, if they were able to get the Cell to emulate the PS2.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to think they aren't that dumb

wow, red faction is so good.

Fracture is SO bad. It's going to be sent to die at gamestop today. I'm gonna pick up Fable 2 and Dead Space I think. I want to play dead space again, and fable 2's on sale, and I never played it.

[quote name='jer7583']wow, red faction is so good.

Fracture is SO bad. It's going to be sent to die at gamestop today. I'm gonna pick up Fable 2 and Dead Space I think. I want to play dead space again, and fable 2's on sale, and I never played it.[/QUOTE]

You can safely pass on Fable 2.

Well I did get fable 2- why the hell is dead space 26.99 on the website and 34.99 in store?

[quote name='jer7583']Well I did get fable 2- why the hell is dead space 26.99 on the website and 34.99 in store?[/QUOTE]

I thought Fable 2 was ok. Nothing mindblowing, but I had fun with it for 15 hours or so. Haven't felt compelled to get any of the DLC for it though.

The pack consists of eight new tracks, 13 new ship models, and three new game modes including Eliminator, Zone Battle, and Detonator. The add-on also includes a new 80-event campaign mode, a redesigned menu interface, and several new Trophies.

This stop was in a higher-income part of the area - I swear I was seeing things marked up everywhere in that store - $20 new DS games were still $24.99, Dead Space shows as $30 new and $34.99 there used..

So I've got $30 in credit to blow - re-play dead space, try tales of pedophilia
vesperia
or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back