General Pro Wrestling Game Thread #1 - FIRE PRO WRESTLING IS COMING TO THE XBOX 360!

Finally, Boba Fett vs. some guy in a Fozzie Bear Outfit in a land mine match.

If that or even barbed wire matches make it into this game with avatar support I'm gonna give all the props in the world to Microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:
^LOL!

-----

Kotaku has a story up on the new FPW game that features new screenshots. Not liking the backyard Bar-B-Que stage. >_<

-----

EDIT: What ever happened to that Chikara Pro Wrestling game that was supposedly coming to XBLA?

So Spike, how exactly did we go from this...
927675_20071112_790screen001.jpg

...to this?
fpwscreenshot3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Yeah it sucks we're not getting the classic FPW presentation, but presentation has always been secondary in these games. As long as the gameplay is spot-on and it allows the same deep customization (that's a big if, obviously), would be an immediate buy for me.

Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I'm sorry but this is NOT Fire Prowrestling.

It may have the name but it's not the game.

And if you think it just looks different, but will have all the moves and customization and goodness of Firepro, then I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I'll play it if only to go online and rape people who try to button mash.

You kids might smoke my ass in shooters, but my fruity-pants avatar is going to demolish you.

[quote name='Halo05']I'll play it if only to go online and rape people who try to button mash.

You kids might smoke my ass in shooters, but my fruity-pants avatar is going to demolish you.[/QUOTE]

Please don't support this game.

[quote name='guyver2077']anyone try that indie wrestling game on xbla? Man i could not figure out how to do anything...[/QUOTE]

He's adding some new moves and 3 different control types in the next update. 1 of them is firepro like.

I'd be shocked if this was actually released as
'Fire Pro Wrestling'. I mean, I thought that even initially, but this backlash isn't going to help.

[quote name='BlueSwim']The Luchador mask preorder bonus for Lucha Libre: AAA has been canceled. I'm willing to bet that preorders for the game are going to drop big-time because of it.[/QUOTE]

I know I will... I can wait on reviews and a price drop now.

edit: on second thought, I don't know. I want to support something different and a pre order/purchase is the only way anyone is going to know that there is a demand for wrestling games.

Firepro has been in limbo for a long time now. You should be supporting this game because it selling is probably the only way you'll ever see any interest in any other FPW releases in the classic style (even if for portables.)

And let's be objective here, Firepro was always about the gameplay and customization. To shun it based on avatar like graphics only says you were probably never really that into FPW anyways.

Have a feeling this may not wind up being called Fire Pro. The name means nothing to anyone who isn't a hardcore pro-grapz gaming fan. Get ready for "Avatar Pro Wrestling" or "XBox Pro Wrestling" or something similar.

No accidentally suffocating for you I suppose.

I finally rounded up all the PSOne WCW games thanks to Goozex. WCW Mayhem could've become something after a few revisions. Pretty impressive late-WCW roster.

bread's done
Back