Get a $20 Reward Certificate from Best Buy for using your My Best Buy MasterCard outside of Best Buy

vivman1107

CAGiversary!
I got an email from Best Buy with a deal to get a $20 reward certificate for making a purchase with my My Best Buy MasterCard outside of Best Buy. The fine print is below:

Use your My Best Buy MasterCard to make a purchase outside of Best Buy between now and December 15, 2014, and get a $20 bonus reward certificate. The certificate will post to your loyalty program account 3-4 weeks after qualifying purchases of $20 or more have been made. Offer is non-transferable and subject to credit approval and the My Best Buy MasterCard account must be open and in good standing to receive the bonus reward certificate. Bonus certificate valid for 30 days. Limit 1 bonus reward certificate per account. No cash value.

hmmm, my email offer says on dining and groceries only, 4 purchases.  Not bad but definitely not as good as your one purchase on anything offer.

Wish I could get this damn card. They just won't give me one. I've qualified for student loans, auto loans, other major credit card companies approve me instantly without issue and yet I don't qualify for a Best Buy Mastercard. 

Wish I could get this damn card. They just won't give me one. I've qualified for student loans, auto loans, other major credit card companies approve me instantly without issue and yet I don't qualify for a Best Buy Mastercard.
Then you should check your credit reports, as there are 3 of them and they can vary greatly. Make sure they are all correct and there isn't an issue on one of them, as each credit company uses only one of the 3, and if that one is messed up, you'll never get approved.

da fuq I have this card and didn't get this email :( is it cuz i pay my bill every month in full
From what I have read and understand...you'd be nuts if you didn't pay the balance off within that 25-day 'grace' period.

I got this card three days ago, returned and repurchased a 1.3K television for the 10% point bonus...looking worthwhile so far.

These are targeted. They did a promo like this before and they didn't give me the cert and when I contacted them they had me forward them the email I got to make sure I was part of the targeted group

Funny, I don't even have a bank account and a few bad things on my credit report (think my scores around 650 or so) and yet I somehow got accepted for the Best Buy credit card. Granted, I had been denied many times in the past. Surprised me when they said I was approved.

I have one of these buy the credit limit is shit low. I think I might tell them ill cancel the card if my credit limit doesnt go up

There is no way to "apply" or uograde to to the MasterCard.

Yes I have tried - even went through Citibank Gold service to complain. Some bIZZARE relations ship between best buy and citibank.

Until I "invited" I can't uograde.

Canceling the store credit card and re applying in thr hope i get selected is (1) crazy (2) bad for my excellent credit

Amazing when companies don't want your money!!

I have one of these buy the credit limit is shit low. I think I might tell them ill cancel the card if my credit limit doesnt go up
Its probably bc of your low credit score and you telling them that you will cancel your cc won't do anything. You can ask them to run your credit score and see if you're eligible but if you haven't received an increase you probably won't.

Did anybody ever receive their credit from this promotion?  I made my qualifying purchase quite some time ago (probably very early November) and never received the $20 credit.

Did anybody ever receive their credit from this promotion? I made my qualifying purchase quite some time ago (probably very early November) and never received the $20 credit.
It's still running. As I recall, the last promo said that it would take 4-6 weeks after the promo ended to get credit. For me, it never came in so I called the elite line and they instantly added the $20 worth of points.

It's still running. As I recall, the last promo said that it would take 4-6 weeks after the promo ended to get credit. For me, it never came in so I called the elite line and they instantly added the $20 worth of points.
I found the email and you are right the promotion runs through today. However, it says the certificate will post 3-4 weeks after the purchase has been made, not after the promotion ends.

I found the email and you are right the promotion runs through today. However, it says the certificate will post 3-4 weeks after the purchase has been made, not after the promotion ends.
As I noted earlier, seems like this promo you only had to make one purchase outside of BB. That was better than the offer I got which was 4 purchases for restaurants and groceries specifically. But yes, it said 3-4 weeks after qualifying purchases similar to the op. I'll need to double check in a couple weeks that it posts. I went a bit overboard and probably used it 6-7 times just to make sure I qualified.

Hmmm, what'd they cap you at? I only got $1000 on my limit, but considering I don't have too much credit history I was okay with that. My normal CC only started at $2000, PayPal Credit at $1500, Amazon for some reason still has me at $400. Who knows why they do what they do. All I know is I'm an Elite Plus member and spend a heck of a lot of money at Best Buy every year. And they treat me well as a result. I can recall numerous occasions where they offered me a free $10 promotional code for an order shipping out 2 days later than usual. In fact, I once got a game where the case was punctured through the back (and I'm a collector so it bothered me). When I contacted them they not only sent me a replacement but they allowed me to keep that game as well, which I immediately pawned off to GameStop for $30.

So ya, guess my point is, Best Buy is a good store to be loyal to. Money talks, as they say. You spend, they bend.

Last edited by a moderator:
have there been any promotions for new signups?  I've been preapproved  twice (alert at register) but got denied when I tried another time in store.

I mainly would get this to more easily hit elite plus (will likely miss it this year) and have a MasterCard.  My credit score is really good (according to Discover statements).  I'd still do most of my online orders using Discover though.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back