Get a Chance to Beta Test Halo 3 - Sign Up Dec 4

[quote name='zewone']I really hope I got in the beta. According to that script posted earlier, I only had 158 minutes. I'm hoping it's inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

How long did that take to run for you? My browser seemed to fill up with an endless amount of errors or some shit...

[quote name='Swift900']I just had this problem because I too have my emails forwarded to my other address. Luckily, though, I remembered. ;)

I'm pretty sure the Live Login has to be a hotmail account though. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Not true. You can link one with a regular email (i.e. Yahoo.com)

sweet. only 17 and older. no little kids screaming and glitching.....just grown ups screaming and glitching.:lol:

[quote name='thagoat']sweet. only 17 and older. no little kids screaming and glitching.....just grown ups screaming and glitching.:lol:[/quote]Doesn't mean that someone's kid couldn't get on there still and do the usual yelling and what not.

[quote name='rywateska']How long did that take to run for you? My browser seemed to fill up with an endless amount of errors or some shit...[/QUOTE]
I did it last night, before it broke.

[quote name='thagoat']sweet. only 17 and older. no little kids screaming and glitching.....just grown ups screaming and glitching.:lol:[/quote]

i am under 17, and u beta (haha..get it..) believe that ima be playing halo 3. im not one of those screamers anyway tho

[quote name='rywateska']How long did that take to run for you? My browser seemed to fill up with an endless amount of errors or some shit...[/QUOTE]
Same.

sorry if this is a ridiculous question but i dotn have the patience to read more than the 6 pages i read.
are you guaranteed the beta if you buy crackdown?
is there a place i can find confirmed info on the beta?
i want to know if the beta is entirely dl content, if its strictly played online or if theres lan ability.

i appreciate any link or answers i can get.

[quote name='paz9x']sorry if this is a ridiculous question but i dotn have the patience to read more than the 6 pages i read.
i want to know if the beta is entirely dl content, if its strictly played online or if theres lan ability.

i appreciate any link or answers i can get.[/QUOTE]

just go to halo3.com, everything u need is there

ill be without internet access for 6 months come april, im worried the beta wont be otu until then or later. i was hoping for lan or even local play.

[quote name='paz9x']ill be without internet access for 6 months come april, im worried the beta wont be otu until then or later. i was hoping for lan or even local play.[/quote]

It's an online beta. You won't be able to play offline at all.

[quote name='paz9x']sorry if this is a ridiculous question but i dotn have the patience to read more than the 6 pages i read.

i appreciate any link or answers i can get.[/QUOTE]
From the Halo 3 site:
When Crackdown hits store shelves (Feb 20 - North America, Feb 22 - Asian territories, Feb 24 - European markets), and you still haven't secured a place in the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta you can still get in .by purchasing Crackdown. All Crackdown boxes will be specially marked with a Halo 3 sticker before the beta begins. When the Halo 3 multiplayer beta surfaces in spring 2007, those owners of Crackdown that have access to an Xbox 360 Pro console or an Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive and a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription simply need to load their copy of Crackdown into Xbox 360 and use the disc as a key to download the beta from Xbox Live Marketplace and join the battle in Halo 3 multiplayer.

I was thinking it was just a card like the 48 hour cards that kinda stinks, I mean its a great idea for Microsoft, but I wasn't really into the crackdown demo and now if I want to play the halo beta I have to buy the crackdown demo when it first comes out and keep it until after the halo beta starts. Before I was just going to get the card from on of the rentals at work (hollywood video/gamecrazy)

[quote name='Trakan']It's an online beta. You won't be able to play offline at all.[/quote]

I don't think this has been confirmed. The only things I have read call it a "MULTIPLAYER PUBLIC BETA". In fact on halo3.com they use these words "which is a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of Halo 3" If you could share where you got this imformation that would be great.

I believe they want information about all the aspects of multiplayer, one of which is LAN. LAN parties are huge with both Halo games, so there is no way bungie doensn't include this experience in the beta. Excluding LAN functionality will not give the full version of the "multiplayer experience", and bungie would be missing out on a lot of potential feedback.

Also to all the people using that script to find out how long you played, those scripts assume they are only counting IN GAME time and not lobby time.

I think, since it was never clarified, that they will count any time that you were playing, including between game time.

It will probably make you validate it via Live every time you want to play it. Once the beta is over, Bungie will be taking away your validation and you'll be empty handed till the real release.

Isn't LAN just a simplified version of online play? I think the beta's purpose is to find bugs in the whole matchmaking game finding snafu.

I honestly dont think this beta will be very beta-ish. MAny people don't realize what beta is in game development and will assume the final product will be the same exact thing, Expect it to be like a demo mroe than anything else.

[quote name='help1']I honestly dont think this beta will be very beta-ish. MAny people don't realize what beta is in game development and will assume the final product will be the same exact thing, Expect it to be like a demo mroe than anything else.[/quote]

That is kind of stupid to say. Most gamers know what a beta is about and that its not a final copy.

[quote name='craven_fiend']That is kind of stupid to say. Most gamers know what a beta is about and that its not a final copy.[/quote]

Thats true, but what about those who are borderline?

I was hyped for like crazyfor Killzone, played the beta, and I knew immediately it would be a shitty game.

[quote name='help1']Thats true, but what about those who are borderline?

I was hyped for like crazyfor Killzone, played the beta, and I knew immediately it would be a shitty game.[/quote]

If you're borderline, you've probably atleast heard the word beta, and means unfinished, well beta.

[quote name='dastly75']
Isn't LAN just a simplified version of online play? I think the beta's purpose is to find bugs in the whole matchmaking game finding snafu.[/quote]

So do you think that the beta will be only matchmaking? Or do you think they will include create your own party functionality?

My only point before was that to get the complete "multiplayer experience", and therefore the most information they can get, that would include both system link games, create your own parties, and matchmaking.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part that they will include the LAN in the Beta.(my friends and I do a lot of Halo and Halo 2 LAN parties). I just know I haven't seen any specifics that it is an "online" only beta.

Maybe people who have done Betas before can shed some light on this. Any Killzone beta players out there? I never played Killzone so I don't even know if it had LAN functionality anyway.....

[quote name='tilcfast']So do you think that the beta will be only matchmaking? Or do you think they will include create your own party functionality?

My only point before was that to get the complete "multiplayer experience", and therefore the most information they can get, that would include both system link games, create your own parties, and matchmaking.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part that they will include the LAN in the Beta.(my friends and I do a lot of Halo and Halo 2 LAN parties). I just know I haven't seen any specifics that it is an "online" only beta.

Maybe people who have done Betas before can shed some light on this. Any Killzone beta players out there? I never played Killzone so I don't even know if it had LAN functionality anyway.....[/quote]

No one really knows what is in the beta at this point. It might be safe to assume the party system and matchmaking are as closely linked as they were in Halo 2. In other words, I can't imagine the beta having one without the other. I believe LAN functionality works through the party interface so that could be in the beta too, who knows.

My point earlier is that the game will require an internet connection because it will likely have automatic bug reporting to send to Bungie and it will also serve to sever access to the beta at any given time.

[quote name='danked']fucking right just got my invite from the "Rule of Three" program[/QUOTE]

I got in with the "rule of three" I signed up at 3pm CST that day. I LOVE YOU BUNGIE!

Congratulations BU Terriers,

You were one of the first 13,333 gamers to meet the "Rule of Three" program eligibility requirements. As a result, you have been selected to participate in the Halo® 3 beta.

w000000000t

[quote name='captmurphy']Got in! Looks like I can trade for Crackdown now instead of scrambling like a madman to the stores when it releases.[/quote]

Same, I'll probubly go change my preorder off of Crackdown tomorrow.

When does the BETA start? Have they announced that yet....

just curious as I may rent Crackdown and see if that works. I did not bother to sign up as I never had a chance as it was blocked at work.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Guess I wasn't one of the lucky ones either. They should atleast email you and tell you sorry you didn't make it.[/QUOTE]
I got an email this morning let me know that if I was going to get an invite, I would have already.

[quote name='zewone']I got an email this morning let me know that if I was going to get an invite, I would have already.[/quote]

Ahh

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. It was just sent to a different email than the one I checked.

This is BS!! Played almost 7 hours online over 2 days, signed up before my friend, and he gets in, i dont.
I'm annoyed. Thought i was in.

bread's done
Back