Get good money for your trade-ins at this site!!

Bastion

CAGiversary!
http://www.wherehouse.com/

It allows you to trade in DVD's, Games and music cd's for in-store credit. It's great on old sports games. I have over $50 credit after selling Madden 2004, High Heat Baseball 2004 and The Hobbit. Be sure to check it out Cheapasses!!

I read about it on a blog at Gamerfeed.com.

I usually never trade anything in but this time I think I'm going to. I spent about $25 total for 4 games that I never play any more and they are willing to give me $63 in credit. Their prices they sell games for are too high but their cd prices are pretty good.

Yes, they're legit. They have a sister site, Spun.com, that I've used twice in the past. At Spun, however, when you trade something, say, DVDs, you can only get credit to buy DVDs on their site. Wherehouse lets you spend the credit on DVDs, games, music, whatever.

[quote name='peteyrose']Yes, they're legit. Wherehouse is a big California retail chain.[/quote]
yup! a big cali retail chain that went the f*ck outta business!

I've got like a hundred older CD's that they buy for $4 each.. are you kiddin' me.. I'm so looking into this, $4 for CD's that are like six years old is an awesome deal.

I am going to use it to pre-order all the games I want for this fall. Fable, Halo 2, MGS3, GTASA and the list goes on.

[quote name='JEKKI'][quote name='peteyrose']Yes, they're legit. Wherehouse is a big California retail chain.[/quote]
yup! a big cali retail chain that went the f*ck outta business![/quote]
Exactly, but hey if they give you store credit and you dont spend it before the site goes down, which by seeing all there stores go out of business I can see that happening in the near future, then you can sue them for your store credit, I wouldnt personally recommend this place, because they have been going out of business for about a year now and there was about 5 in my city and now there is 0. So Id go for the negative on this one.

Wherehouse has been bankrupt, but weren't they purchased by another company? I haven't been following them, but I think they're ok now.

There's still like 8 stores within 20 miles of me. They're not going anywhere.

My local wherehouse gives cash...for CD's at least, I haven't tried trading in games or movies in yet, but I'm sure I will.

And they're legit.

Does anybody know if these are the same prices they would give in B&M? Thanks in advance! Any help is appreciated!

Hey, before anyone trades sealed CC games to Wherehouse, they should post here and give CAGs a shot to bid cash for the games. A lot of sealed games are still worth more than the Wherehouse is offering, and their prices suck so bad that credit isn't worth much.

I heard of this site on (yes, I know traitor) Bytesizedeal.com when they were talking of the Unison game and they say they are affiliated with FYE!!! I don't know if this is true or not.

If they gave cash for some of these games, I'd be all over this, but for store credit I dunno...I suppose I could buy some games from CC for $5 that sell for $10 on that site and get a $50 for $25 though...but since I already have so many ps2 games I don't think I will.

It is a good deal, but they are VERY strict when it comes to the tiniest scratch or having the instruction books and case in good condition, and they are selective about what they take. out of those 100 cd's you have, they might only take 10 of them. But you never know. They've been around awhile, i bought my first VCR there when they first came out in the early 80's.

$56.99 for Dave Mirra 2, when I got it from EBgames.com for $5 last week.

I'd only use this for new games, like Riddick or something.

[quote name='mmn']$56.99 for Dave Mirra 2, when I got it from EBgames.com for $5 last week.

I'd only use this for new games, like Riddick or something.[/quote]

dave mirra 2 gets you $7...

There are a few of these stores here where I live. It use to be a dozen of them, but they close them down and only keep the ones still making money. Yes their prices are outrageous and I still don't know how they can still be in business.

There are 3 in the Portland area. I could be wrong on this, but I think they're owned by FYE now because the price stickers on all their stuff look similar to the price stickers at FYE.

And yeah, their prices can be crazy. The local stores here still have Super Mario Sunshine and Starfox Adventures for $49.99 new. And I recently saw a used Go Go Hypergrind for $45. The game retails new for $15!

They have decent prices on used CDs and DVDs though.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']I could be wrong on this, but I think they're owned by FYE now because the price stickers on all their stuff look similar to the price stickers at FYE. [/quote]

FYE and Wherehouse have always both been owned by Transworld Corp.

Man, I saw on their website that they buy Outlaw Volleyball (Xbox) for $19 credit. So I went to a B&M store in my neighborhood, and they wouldn't even take the game.

So yeah, www.wherehouse.com and their retail stores have VERY different trade-in prices. Also, they do give cash for all type of trade-in, but you get more if you ask for store credit.

More absurd pricing at Wherehouse:

I was in a Wherehouse today, and I saw at least three Player's Choice copies of Metroid Prime at $29.99 used!

So, let's see here...

Super Mario Sunshine - $49.99 new
Starfox Adventures - $49.99 new
Go Go Hypergrind - $45 used
Metroid Prime - $29.99 used

I think Wherehouse could possibly take the cake when it comes to overpriced games.

If you do the math it's not really a great deal. They give you more but they also charge you more when you cash in that credit. Add in Shipping and Tax and what you thought was a steal was only a high stakes gamble.

I'll pass.

^^^
I disagree--most of their new titles are only $49.99 and for those games this is quite a deal... shipping is only $2 or $3 as well. All I know is that I'm getting Tales of Symphonia for three trashy games (Aggressive Inline GBA, Black and Bruised PS2, and I'm blanking on the other) that I paid no more than $10 for... and in my book, a $50 game for $10 is a sweet deal indeed ;)

[quote name='shawagg']If you do the math it's not really a great deal. They give you more but they also charge you more when you cash in that credit. Add in Shipping and Tax and what you thought was a steal was only a high stakes gamble.

I'll pass.[/quote]

I totally agree with wampa. I'm trading in 3 games that I got for $5 and will never possibly play again and that will fetch me $2 at EB. In return, I'm getting Chronicles of Riddick. If that's not a steal, I don't know what is.

I saw this post late last week. So I checked up on the highest trade-in values on the games I owned. Here goes:

Bought: Dragon's Lair 3D at CC sale for $5.
Blood Rayne (X-Box) at CC sale for $5.
Gun Metal (X-Box) at CC sale for $5.
Dragon's Lair 3D at EB sale for $10. (you can still do this)

Traded-in to Wherehouse B&M: Dragon's Lair 3D for $18.
Blood Rayne (X-Box) for $8.50.
Gun Metal (X-Box) for $8.50.
Dragon's Lair 3D for $18.

Store credit only though. So total cost $25 (exclu. tax), Credit = $53, Net = $28. Not bad. Got a few things afterwards.

The employees were cool and helpful. One even said he finished Wind Waker, and Four Swords. Special thanks to 'Bastion' for the original post, and CheapyD for this Site!

bread's done
Back