GET MODERN WARFARE 3 TODAY! (maybe...)

[quote name='joeyshadows']So if you want the game by release day...you need to pay 11.35 for expedited shipping. But if you want it by Saturday, it will cost you 32 bucks. lol.[/QUOTE]

Thats about right for overnight shipping.

No go in Erie pa. Checked buffalo road and east grand view. Grand view had the sticker, no game. Buffalo road is miserable and didn't even have stickers.

[quote name='dodgeme']I still don't know why anybody wants this that badly. It's just MW1 + MW2 with some added fees here and there.[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly wait until release day, but there are two reasons,

1) Black Ops sucks

2) Playing MW2 for the past 2 years is getting boring :(

[quote name='dodgeme']I still don't know why anybody wants this that badly. It's just MW1 + MW2 with some added fees here and there.[/QUOTE]

I agree

I honestly don't know why Madden & NCAA get so much shit every year for doing the same thing!

[quote name='WV Matsui']I agree

I honestly don't know why Madden & NCAA get so much shit every year for doing the same thing![/QUOTE]

Exactly. They all suck. Gaming has gotten boring. And after 2+ years of MW2 I really don't know if I could play another FPS as much as I played that. It got old.

[quote name='dodgeme']Exactly. They all suck. Gaming has gotten boring. And after 2+ years of MW2 I really don't know if I could play another FPS as much as I played that. It got old.[/QUOTE]

Most of the fun really lies in playing with a group of friends. If the guys I play with on a weekly basis weren't buddies in real life, I wouldn't have played so much.

Just checked a different Kmart and no go. However I talked to a guy who just purchased one at a Kmart across town around 12:30. He bought the last copy but said they were selling them since some stores already had so they had to sell them too! This might get interesting...

My store had them in a box about to put them out but upon trying to purchase a copy, after asking for your age it popped up and said it was too early to sell it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The system should prevent all sales today up until release. Should be a dead issue.[/QUOTE]

And it's official

They still got duped. Congrats to those who got in on it. I know I tried!

[quote name='baz8771']No go in Erie pa. Checked buffalo road and east grand view. Grand view had the sticker, no game. Buffalo road is miserable and didn't even have stickers.[/QUOTE]

Awe sheet mawfocka!

Didn't know there was another Erie CAG in dis joint! I left work at 9:00 this morning and ran to those same 2 locations. Just got a chance to get back on the computer or I could've saved you the trip, was going to post those same results.

Be on the lookout for a PSN add-a-friend from me!

Man i didnt know their was any CAG's in erie besides my brother sweet. Whats up Baz8771 hit me up on PSN we will have to play MW3 online for sure.

Went to two. No dice. One had controllers out for it. Lazy K-Mart employees, for once, win.

One store didn't even have Uncharted or Sonic Generations out yet.

No dice in Maplewood MO Kmart. Manager came out as the clerk was stocking the game on the shelf and stopped him at the last minute. :(

Maplewood! That's where I grew up! Is that KMart on Manchester still open?

Anyway, any Chicago CAGs finding luck with this? I was planning on getting the game w/my Batman $30 coupon on Tuesday. So problem waiting until then.

[quote name='bigdogn12']i'd gladly wait until release day, but there are two reasons,

1) black ops sucks

2) playing mw2 for the past 2 years is getting boring :([/quote]

agreed!

No go in Boca Raton, FL. Will check Hollywood, FL later today. Sounds like all Kmarts have been alerted by Activision...

[quote name='WV Matsui']I agree

I honestly don't know why Madden & NCAA get so much shit every year for doing the same thing![/QUOTE]Probably because they've been doing so for much longer than COD has.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I honestly don't know why Madden & NCAA get so much shit every year for doing the same thing![/QUOTE]It may be just as simple as Madden having a 10 year head start on COD.

[quote name='Donut2922']Thats about right for overnight shipping.[/QUOTE]

You could do an Expedited flat rate envelope for about $20 with USPS.

Mail it today, then they'd have it on Saturday at the latest. It seems like a moot point now, anyhow...

[quote name='Scorch']Went to two. No dice. One had controllers out for it. Lazy K-Mart employees, for once, win.

One store didn't even have Uncharted or Sonic Generations out yet.[/QUOTE]
You could always try BB cuz with the $10 off coupon today Sonic Generations is only $30 there.;) I just got done watching some gameplay of the game and I must say I'm impressed.

[quote name='bigdogn12']Most of the fun really lies in playing with a group of friends. If the guys I play with on a weekly basis weren't buddies in real life, I wouldn't have played so much.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I played the heck out of MW2, even when I got pissed off and swore I was done with that game I'd still play the next night with friends.

With BO though, we played zombies. That was it, the mp wasn't all that great, and the DLC maps were some of the worst I've ever experienced.

No go at Kmart on 3rd Street across the street from the Grove in Los Angeles. They already pulled them off the shelf :whistle2:(

Roommate works for K-Mart and I showed this deal to her.

She said they got their shipment of MW3 in late Tuesday and that there was an internal memo sent out detailing that the shipment was to be kept in a locked stockroom which only the MOD has keys for.

According to her, its pretty likely that someone took the games out of the box to tag them with price stickers, wasnt paying attention and put them out. Its also extremely likely that the person got fired because k-mart would incur a pretty huge fine from Activision for breaking street release date. Which makes sense because it would be an "unfair business practice". By releasing early, they could corner the market.

Didnt something like this also happen with Halo 3?

KMart did it with Mass Effect 1 in Nov. 2007 and a LOT more copies were sold early on that than with MW3. The current regime was not in charge then and they were able to put the kabosh on it fairly quickly.

[quote name='sgaldis']You could do an Expedited flat rate envelope for about $20 with USPS.

Mail it today, then they'd have it on Saturday at the latest. It seems like a moot point now, anyhow...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that too. But even USPS does not guarantee delivery dates. The only guarantees are overnight packages that are dropped off by 3 pm PST at least over here. Last year I sold a Black Ops Hardened Edition for $150 for a last minute Xmas gift on ebay. Shipping came out to about $30.

The Kmart thread is insane over this right now! Worried they won't be able to pick up on Tuesday and get the coupons... Pretty rough over there right now!

Havent checked my local kmart yet but I will after work.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/u-s-retailer-selling-modern-warfare-3-now/

Had it at my kmart the register wouldn't ring it up then they brought over the manager who told them they couldn't sell it or they would lose their job.

[quote name='bigdogn12']I'd gladly wait until release day, but there are two reasons,

1) Black Ops sucks

2) Playing MW2 for the past 2 years is getting boring :([/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm in the minority but I enjoyed Black Ops a hell of a lot more than MW2. At least in Black Ops I didn't encounter: people glitching into the background and killing you while you couldn't touch them, nuke boosting or a constant rain of killstreak rewards that made it so you could barely go outside a building. I'm torn on MW3. I'm sure a ton of my friends will be playing it but Infinity Ward left me with a bad impression after MW2.

[quote name='killbomb']maybe i'm in the minority but i enjoyed black ops a hell of a lot more than mw2. At least in black ops i didn't encounter: People glitching into the background and killing you while you couldn't touch them, nuke boosting or a constant rain of killstreak rewards that made it so you could barely go outside a building. I'm torn on mw3. I'm sure a ton of my friends will be playing it but infinity ward left me with a bad impression after mw2.[/quote]

+1

http://www.gamesradar.com/pre-release-modern-warfare-3-play-may-impact-your-account/

As we reported yesterday, copies of Modern Warfare 3 are out in the wild, being sold by retailers that don’t feel like adhering to the street date. It happens with just about every early release, from Toys “R”Us’s leak of BioShock to K-mart’s mistaken pre-sell of Mass Effect to 7-11’s sale of Gears of War 2 before its release. Uusually, the stance of the developer is clear: while they’d rather it not happen, they aren’t actually going to punish those who took advantage of it – who could possibly justify punishing consumers for legally purchasing a game at a retail store? Apparently, Activison.

At first, Microsoft seemed to think there wouldn't be an issue, with Xbox LIVE Director of Policy and Enforcement, Stephen Toulouse, writing, "For those asking about MW3 pre-release play: If your copy is legit and obtained legitly, have fun. It's a great game." But soon after, the story changed. He updated his Twitter with a new response, straight from Activision: "clarification: dblchk'd with Activision. Mw3 pre-release play not authorized," he wrote, "So pls be patient. Playing early may impact your account!"

It's a vague statement to be sure, but it's certainly ominous. It's also somewhat insulting – it's really not the consumer's fault in this case. It's the retailers, the publishers, and the employees, but not at all the customer's.

So there's your warning! If you go to the store and see a copy of a new game on the shelf, don't buy it! If you legally purchase that game and play it online, you might be punished by the publisher (who should have done a better job marking the shipment boxes to avoid confusion).

Well if you got one early at least you get a case. Didn't some idiot last year start bragging that he got a disc only copy of BLOPS for $70 bucks just 3 days before its release?

bread's done
Back