GET MODERN WARFARE 3 TODAY! (maybe...)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Please tell me why exactly they're 'dicks'? Because they're buying an in demand product that a store was/is selling earlier than the street date and putting it into the hands of people who are willing to give them more than MSRP for it?:roll: If people are willing to pay a premium for something that you have that you bought, why not take advantage of that situation?

That's called being smart, if you ask me. I suppose you think they should be offering these up for MSRP or even cheaper than MSRP just to be nice?:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Please refer to the hundreds of other times these pro/con flipping arguments have been made for the answers to your questions. Maybe, with any luck, we can avoid having the thread derailed.

[quote name='crunchewy']Maybe I'll put a listing up on ebay for $25 for info on how to get MW3 early. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Well so much for my great idea....

Are the servers even up for this game yet?! If not, then what's the point of paying $190 over MSRP for a single player campaign? Craziness I tell you.

[quote name='benjamouth']I stand by my comment, people are dicks.[/QUOTE]

I'll stand by my comments that morons can never stfu !

I agree with ya 100% IATCG

[quote name='oiskaio']Are the servers even up for this game yet?![/QUOTE]

It appears that the servers are up.

If one store breaks street date, most other stores will follow suit. When I worked in the rental business, that was how our store was able to break street date. A memo from corporate came that evening to say start selling at open of business. I would hate to be kmart when they see the fine for breaking street date (well, maybe not a fine per se, but definitely a penalty of reimbursement from the publisher/developer).

[quote name='Thrinn']Please refer to the hundreds of other times these pro/con flipping arguments have been made for the answers to your questions.[/QUOTE]
Who's arguing? I use smileys and capitalize certain words for emphasis. It doesn't mean I'm 'mad' or trying to pick a fight with someone.

But this does happen anytime something that's in demand is either released early or becomes scarce(see: every "hot" Christmas toy, AKA Furby, Tickle Me Elmo, etc). It's called capitalism. Funny thing is, this is the system this country runs on.;)

[quote name='nakanenui']If one store breaks street date, most other stores will follow suit. When I worked in the rental business, that was how our store was able to break street date. A memo from corporate came that evening to say start selling at open of business. I would hate to be kmart when they see the fine for breaking street date (well, maybe not a fine per se, but definitely a penalty of reimbursement from the publisher/developer).[/QUOTE]

I would assume that anyone that sells before street date would get the fine. So just because someone else got a fine, your store decided to get a fine also?

Not saying you are wrong, just doesn't compute with my logic...

[quote name='realkilla789']I live in Tampa, Florida, but I'm not going. Not worth the drive to find out it's not there.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Not really worth my time, plus I have a $20 credit on amazon and I'm waiting on amazon to give $20 with MW3.

Doubt this will last very long with Josh and those guys mostly on top of things! I'm sure they are working diligently to put the whole kibosh on this thing.

The funniest part is how some people on eBay have bid over $140 for the regular versions of the game. They don't realize by the time the game gets shipped to them, it'll be the 8th if not later.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who's arguing? I use smileys and capitalize certain words for emphasis. It doesn't mean I'm 'mad' or trying to pick a fight with someone.

But this does happen anytime something that's in demand is either released early or becomes scarce(see: every "hot" Christmas toy, AKA Furby, Tickle Me Elmo, etc).[/QUOTE]

I have to say I played the Christmas gift lotto this year by buying 4 skylanders packs at target in the b1g1 fiasco.

Btw no go in Columbus, oh.

In fact a store manager holding a memo in her hand was asking a gaming attendant where something was as it wasn't supposed to be out yet. He said they got it in yesterday and was locked up in the office.

I am only assuming but she was near running back to gaming while reading this memo, so I would think that they found out their oops.

And for those saying that they are purchasing it somewhere else, why wouldn't you just buy it at kmart then on Tuesday buy it from your store of choice and return that one to kmart... That is if you pass up the $20" it is going for on eBay.

[quote name='CyReN']No go at the one in Livonia,MI.[/QUOTE]
I might try the one on Ford Rd and Middlebelt when I get off since its closest to me. I wonder could you get the coupons on the 8th if you got it early?

As soon as I read the 'we contacted Kmart and Activision' line in that Kotaku article, I wanted to reach out n smack the author of that article.:roll: Gee. They're selling a hot game earlier than release date. Let's contact them about this. Durrrrr.

Living on the WestCoast does have its negatives, such as any and all glitches are usually discovered and fixed before our stores even open in the morning.

I would hate to be the type of parent that was forced to buy "hot toy of the year" for my spoiled brat, paying 3x MSRP. I never understood it myself, but it boils down to: some parents have too much money, not enough time, and figure they can buy their children's love?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As soon as I read the 'we contacted Kmart and Activision' line in that Kotaku article, I wanted to reach out n smack the author of that article.:roll: Gee. They're selling a hot game earlier than release date. Let's contact them about this. Durrrrr.[/QUOTE]

uhhh yeah, he's a reporter/journalist/blogger. His job is not to help people get games early. :roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As soon as I read the 'we contacted Kmart and Activision' line in that Kotaku article, I wanted to reach out n smack the author of that article.:roll: Gee. They're selling a hot game earlier than release date. Let's contact them about this. Durrrrr.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Kotaku always makes the smartest decisions. /sarcasm

I was wondering what was going on with this whole ordeal considering there seems to be a large amount of them available. I figured they would of had the date tape on the boxes, but if they didn't that would certainly explain how so many people are acquiring copies. Unless they're just stealing them, which wouldn't surprise me. Another friend of mine some how got one and I've seen copies all over Craigslist.

[quote name='confoosious']uhhh yeah, he's a reporter/journalist/blogger. His job is not to help people get games early. :roll:[/QUOTE]

True. But when you make an article titled "How to Buy a Copy of Modern Warfare 3 Today", it IS kind of misleading.

[quote name='180husher']My local Kmart can't even get the games out on release day...sure as hell ain't wasting time to see if they put it out early.[/QUOTE]

Well put! :applause:

If somebody buys this on Ebay a few days early for anything more than a couple bucks over full price you're a moron.

Anyway, MW3 = multiplayer. Who are you going to play with? I mean I'm sure some people are on, like reviewers and others who got it early...but is that really worth over $200? Morons.

If Kmart were to be saddled with a fine, I would personally fight it, because if the box says sell right away...then is that not the fault of the publisher? I mean, regardless of common sense or not, the fact remains that if these boxes stated that, then the store that receives them can do so. I mean activision can then say "Ooops, something got messed up, please remove them until release date." and then fine them if they refuse to do that. But otherwise I think Kmart should be in the clear.

[quote name='AngelsDontBurn']True. But when you make an article titled "How to Buy a Copy of Modern Warfare 3 Today", it IS kind of misleading.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but overhyping an article in the headline is ALSO the job of the blogger. :)

[quote name='oiskaio']Are the servers even up for this game yet?! If not, then what's the point of paying $190 over MSRP for a single player campaign? Craziness I tell you.[/QUOTE]

They are. Families and friends of employees get them early to play. One sony person I met claimed they get games for $10. Not sure if that part is true but im pretty sure the early release for employees is. So you wouldnt get banned if you got online early.

Missed that line...

I am no longer going to waste my time!

And I am definitely LOLing at the KMart loyalists and apologists in this thread saying they hope they don't get fined.

[quote name='Zombie Hunter']If Kmart were to be saddled with a fine, I would personally fight it, because if the box says sell right away...then is that not the fault of the publisher? I mean, regardless of common sense or not, the fact remains that if these boxes stated that, then the store that receives them can do so. I mean activision can then say "Ooops, something got messed up, please remove them until release date." and then fine them if they refuse to do that. But otherwise I think Kmart should be in the clear.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that fines are involved. Rather the publisher will delay the shipment of future new titles to that store.

[quote name='Thorgouge']The funniest part is how some people on eBay have bid over $140 for the regular versions of the game. They don't realize by the time the game gets shipped to them, it'll be the 8th if not later.[/QUOTE]

When I was going to try to get ME 1 early back in 2007 I was going to have free overnight shipping in the auction. Any seller worth anything would do the same for something like this.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, but overhyping an article in the headline is ALSO the job of the blogger. :)[/QUOTE]

"Yes, but overhyping an article in the headline is ALSO the job of Kotaku. :)" FTFY ;)

True, agreed. There's just a much better way of going about it. OH WELL. LET'S ALL TRY AND BUY A COPY FOR $400, RIGHT GUYS?

...Guys?

...Guys??

:cry:

Thing is the game has been quiet and under wraps, no online stories about it in early development or anything. I think because it's nothing special. I'm not even going to buy it this year, too many good games upcoming like Skyrim and Zelda.

So if the boxes have "put out immediately" printed on them are there any reports of other stores selling them early? Why is activision even shipping out the copies this early?

[quote name='yantelope']So if the boxes have "put out immediately" printed on them are there any reports of other stores selling them early? Why is activision even shipping out the copies this early?[/QUOTE]
Because they want to make sure the game is in stores early so people can buy their crack fix right at release.:) I can still remember waiting on release day for GS to 'get in their shipment'. UPS dude would show up at like 1-2pm on release day. By that time, I coulda likely went somewhere else and bought it that already had received it. Of course I woulda been paying CASH at those other places.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because they want to make sure the game is in stores early so people can buy their crack fix right at release.:) I can still remember waiting on release day for GS to 'get in their shipment'. UPS dude would show up at like 1-2pm on release day. By that time, I coulda likely went somewhere else and bought it that already had received it. Of course I woulda been paying CASH at those other places.:cry:[/QUOTE]

With 99% of games being street dated now those days are happily over. Only games that happens with now are the smaller publishers or the Nintendo titles that don't come out on Sundays (Professor Layton, the non RPG Pokemon games, Kirby, etc.)

All other games arrive in stores between Tuesday-Friday of the previous week so they're ready to sell Tuesday morning.

My store had them in the case but there was a sign in front games that said Not Available Until Nov. 8. So they were most likely selling them early this morning before they got the email from corporate telling them to put the kibosh on MW3.

[quote name='tightclaws']Thing is the game has been quiet and under wraps, no online stories about it in early development or anything. I think because it's nothing special. I'm not even going to buy it this year, too many good games upcoming like Skyrim and Zelda.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how people compare games like Skyrim and Zelda to COD. I get COD every year for 2 reasons. 1 because it's always fun and you can just put it in and play even if you just have like a half hour or something, 2 because it's the one game that everybody on my friendslist has and we can all play together. I have a lot of friends with family and kids who don't get out as much and this is pretty much our best opportunity to "hang out" on an everyday basis.

So if you want the game by release day...you need to pay 11.35 for expedited shipping. But if you want it by Saturday, it will cost you 32 bucks. lol.

[quote name='bfett9']Article from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5855960/how-to-buy-a-copy-of-modern-warfare-3-today

Find a KMart Here: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/StoreLocatorView?storeId=10151&i_cntr=1320323412129

Check your local Kmarts if your really crazy about this title!:bouncy:

Proof (not me): http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-C...=290628027445&ps=63&clkid=3933496857537404055

This will probably be today only if your lucky at all and only this morning, I would run out to your stores before work, school, nap time, etc.

Post if you were successful![/QUOTE]
The system should prevent all sales today up until release. Should be a dead issue.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because they want to make sure the game is in stores early so people can buy their crack fix right at release.:) I can still remember waiting on release day for GS to 'get in their shipment'. UPS dude would show up at like 1-2pm on release day. By that time, I coulda likely went somewhere else and bought it that already had received it. Of course I woulda been paying CASH at those other places.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yes yes, those days were not too far in the past. I imagine companies (both the stores and publishers) got sick and tired of getting complaints. Up until just a few years ago the advertised date was actually the SHIP DATE. Little did most people know, since it was advertised as the RELEASE DATE. I remember sometimes stores like Best Buy wouldn't get games in until a Wed or even Thursday for Tuesday releases...

[quote name='dkreegz515']if people have no intention on buying this game ever... why click on the thread and post?[/QUOTE]

I do like the story campaign, and the online is ok. I'm just saying why not make money if you can.

bread's done
Back