Get the Heavy Rain Demo Early--"Precinct 52" website

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
Found this info on Kotaku. A website entitled "Precinct 52" has been set up where one can submit "evidence" to get a code for the Heavy Rain demo. Here is the URL:

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

Here's the Kotaku article, complete with the list of clues to be submitted (which may or may not constitute spoilers if you want to figure them out on your own):

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

The catch? As of now, the Precinct 52 site appears to be having some problems. "We are currently working to address some site issues caused by overwhelming demand.
Sincere apologies for the delay, and please check back shortly."

Hopefully, it will be up and running again soon. I'm pretty eager to try this game out :)

I accidentally signed up for this through the UK link the first time, so I'll just post the code I got here. Again, this is for UK accounts, not US:

HHCJ-7JBB-E8MH

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']I accidentally signed up for this through the UK link the first time, so I'll just post the code I got here. Again, this is for UK accounts, not US:

HHCJ-7JBB-E8MH[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the code saved me the trouble of getting one

Well, I canceled my pre-order. I was hoping Amazon would do more than just release day shipping. I'm just not willing to pay $50+ on a game nowadays. I'll wait until the price drops a bit or order it with my $10 codes from FFXIII and GOW3.

I have 5 US codes to give out for the lazy/dumb! PM me. I'll just post them in about 15 minutes if I don't get PMed.

Also has anyone downloaded both the EU and US? I had the EU version and I thought it was 1700 or so MB but then I got the US and it's only 1384 MB?? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Wow, I played that demo and LOVED it. It was like Shen mue but darker and actually enjoyable. I loathe QTEs with every fiber of my being but when I got to the fight in the Sleazy Place I so into it I was jumping around with inputting commands. The actions in this game I actually enjoy. Release day purchase for me without a doubt. Although something I wondered while I was at the crime scene - How much DNA would you uncover if you wore those glasses in the Sleazy Place?

For those of you played it, has anyone of you been able to give Lauren a tissue when she cries? Also two of my friends told me that they've managed to "touch" her which resulted in her getting angry. Apparently there's an order in which you ask the questions, I just don't know what.

I know all of these things don't really matter, but I like to explore everything the demo has to offer.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I have 5 US codes to give out for the lazy/dumb! PM me. I'll just post them in about 15 minutes if I don't get PMed.

sent PM

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok I sent out the codes to everyone that asked I'll grab a few more if anyone else wants one for the US version just let me know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again!

Thanks ShockandAww, I will download it in an hour or so and play it tonight. I've got a huge backlog but this and GoW3 are on my release day delivery want list.

If you can't get a working US code here's what you do:

go here (this takes you to the US registration page and not the EU registration):
http://heavyrainps3.com/registration/signup/en_US

after you register there go here and input the email/password you just registered with:
http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

For the evidence you need to pick:
1. the origami bird (the bottom left)
2. the SHORT cigarette butt
3. coffee shop C (it's the pic at the bottom that says "Diner")
4. and the tyre prints (at the bottom right) after you click it pick the 1117/H pic

[quote name='happyorangeman']Ok, I registered on the Precinct 52 site. Got the code and entered it but I get a message that it is wrong or expired??? I have a U.S. PSN account, do I really need to make a EU account just to play a demo?[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a PAL demo so yeah, you do need a EU account. It's really not that hard to make one, took me like 3 minutes (assuming you've got a spare email account you can tie it to).

[quote name='ShockandAww']I have 5 US codes to give out for the lazy/dumb! PM me. I'll just post them in about 15 minutes if I don't get PMed.

Also has anyone downloaded both the EU and US? I had the EU version and I thought it was 1700 or so MB but then I got the US and it's only 1384 MB?? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.[/QUOTE]

Probably because of the languages files on the EU version. It has multiple languages w/ subtitles.

[quote name='luan87us']Probably because of the languages files on the EU version. It has multiple languages w/ subtitles.[/QUOTE]

Ah makes sense ok thanks.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']For those of you played it, has anyone of you been able to give Lauren a tissue when she cries? Also two of my friends told me that they've managed to "touch" her which resulted in her getting angry. Apparently there's an order in which you ask the questions, I just don't know what.

I know all of these things don't really matter, but I like to explore everything the demo has to offer.[/QUOTE]

Last night I wasn't able to but just now I was. If you get her to give answers, then when she says "leave" walk up to her and touch. Kleenex is to her right. I was also able to open the curtains behind her bed as well.

[quote name='Vinny']Well, it is a PAL demo so yeah, you do need a EU account. It's really not that hard to make one, took me like 3 minutes (assuming you've got a spare email account you can tie it to).[/QUOTE]

You don't even need to use a real email address to activate the EU account. Any random address will do.

As for the demo, I preferred the hotel scene greatly over the crime scene. The crime scene was basically walking around randomly pressing R1 with no real variance to the outcome that I could see unless you count getting your suit dirty or not. :p Should still be a day one purchase for me. I just hope the majority of the game is more like the hotel scene.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok I sent out the codes to everyone that asked I'll grab a few more if anyone else wants one for the US version just let me know.[/QUOTE]
ill love 1 :)
thanks in advance!

Finally got around to pre-ordering this at Amazon.

Me and 4 other users on GameTZ are gamesharing all the episodes. That's $1 a person (if they stay priced at $4.99) and the first one is free!

[quote name='MasterSun1']Finally got around to pre-ordering this at Amazon.

Me and 4 other users on GameTZ are gamesharing all the episodes. That's $1 a person (if they stay priced at $4.99) and the first one is free![/QUOTE]

I havn't been following this game like I should have been...

What are the episodes you are talking about?

If you get anymore, I would appreciate one.

Thanks!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I havn't been following this game like I should have been...

What are the episodes you are talking about?[/QUOTE]

They have announced episodic DLC. I believe 3 extra episodes so far. Side stories to the full game for some of the minor characters. If you pre-order the game you get the first episode free.

Anyone able to get on the website now? I need to get on it and get a code! :) Or does anyone else have one that can PM me?

[quote name='Nikadimas']Wow, I played that demo and LOVED it. It was like Shen mue but darker and actually enjoyable. I loathe QTEs with every fiber of my being but when I got to the fight in the Sleazy Place I so into it I was jumping around with inputting commands. The actions in this game I actually enjoy. Release day purchase for me without a doubt. Although something I wondered while I was at the crime scene - How much DNA would you uncover if you wore those glasses in the Sleazy Place?[/QUOTE]

Gross, bro!

[quote name='Trace17']Last night I wasn't able to but just now I was. If you get her to give answers, then when she says "leave" walk up to her and touch. Kleenex is to her right. I was also able to open the curtains behind her bed as well.[/QUOTE]

I was very impressed with "Sleazy Place". I haven't played the rest of the demo yet, but I must say Heavy Rain is a definite buy. My only dilemma now is do I wait for the first price drop ($49.99 or less) or do I buy the game immediately? If Amazon had a $10 Game Credit offer in addition to the free Episode 1, I'd order it today!

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']They have announced episodic DLC. I believe 3 extra episodes so far. Side stories to the full game for some of the minor characters. If you pre-order the game you get the first episode free.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its like that. I think its more like the dragon age pre-order thing. With the Blood Armor. If you buy the first copies of the game. It comes with the DLC otherwise you have to pay for it. I could be wrong tho.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I was very impressed with "Sleazy Place". I haven't played the rest of the demo yet, but I must say Heavy Rain is a definite buy. My only dilemma now is do I wait for the first price drop ($49.99 or less) or do I buy the game immediately? If Amazon had a $10 Game Credit offer in addition to the free Episode 1, I'd order it today![/QUOTE]

Same here. I want it on release date, but I'm sure it will drop soon. If they had a $10 credit I could put towards Bad Company 2 or something I would definitely consider that but I don't know.

[quote name='dopehat']I don't think its like that. I think its more like the dragon age pre-order thing. With the Blood Armor. If you buy the first copies of the game. It comes with the DLC otherwise you have to pay for it. I could be wrong tho.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the same thing as the guy you were quoting said.

Surprisingly the demo actually did it's job and made other people want to buy the game as it did me. Are there any deals or this game yet? I realize when you pre-order you get a free DLC, but with the CAG in me, I was hoping there was better deals out there.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Surprisingly the demo actually did it's job and made other people want to buy the game as it did me. Are there any deals or this game yet? I realize when you pre-order you get a free DLC, but with the CAG in me, I was hoping there was better deals out there.[/QUOTE]

I actually haven't seen any good deals for the game but I'm hoping that TRU comes through with something. They've been doing giftcards for many major releases.

I really wish Amazon would offer some credit for the game. I'm just going to wait for a price drop now so it'll be cheaper in the long run

On a side note, the game's been receiving some good reviews for the most part as well.

[quote name='animeomega']I really wish Amazon would offer some credit for the game. I'm just going to wait for a price drop now so it'll be cheaper in the long run

On a side note, the game's been receiving some good reviews for the most part as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes it has. It's just not a game that I must shell out $55-$60 for as I would have to buy it when it's first released.

$55.96 (as it currently is at Amazon.com) with both the 1st Episode of DLC free ($4.99 value) and a $10 Game Credit would seal the deal for me. Otherwise, I hold out for $45 or less.

bread's done
Back