Get the Heavy Rain Demo Early--"Precinct 52" website

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
Found this info on Kotaku. A website entitled "Precinct 52" has been set up where one can submit "evidence" to get a code for the Heavy Rain demo. Here is the URL:

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

Here's the Kotaku article, complete with the list of clues to be submitted (which may or may not constitute spoilers if you want to figure them out on your own):

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

The catch? As of now, the Precinct 52 site appears to be having some problems. "We are currently working to address some site issues caused by overwhelming demand.
Sincere apologies for the delay, and please check back shortly."

Hopefully, it will be up and running again soon. I'm pretty eager to try this game out :)

[quote name='tenzor']after playing the demo here are my pros and cons

PROS
+Cool story so far..
[/QUOTE]
:3 think they'll pull an indigo prophecy on the story? Aztecs and AI?

Loved this demo, it's like all of the best parts of Indigo Prophecy but much smoother and more polished. I hope letting the characters fail the QTEs is as much fun throughout the full game as it is in the demo. Watching them get smacked around and slip in the mud is hilarious.

[quote name='Virgil_Leone']:3 think they'll pull an indigo prophecy on the story? Aztecs and AI?[/QUOTE]

From a Joystiq interview with David Cage:
"There is no supernatural element to the game. It is really grounded in reality. There are no aliens, no zombies, nothing special. There is just real people in real life in real situations."

Pretty weird.......i tried the code i was given on the site on 3 different regioned accounts (US, UK/Pal, Japanese) and it didn't work for non.

5QHM-FPBE-MDLC

[quote name='hpv']From a Joystiq interview with David Cage:
"There is no supernatural element to the game. It is really grounded in reality. There are no aliens, no zombies, nothing special. There is just real people in real life in real situations."[/QUOTE]

Until you find the Origami Killer, which makes him fold himself a biplane, which he uses to fly away into the sunset.

Downloading right now. It is taking QUITE a long time though. Can't wait to play it tomorrow after work. No doubt I'll play it multiple times.

Demo crashed a few times for me during the crime scene part =/, but other than that I really enjoyed it! I actually sort of despise quick time events, so a game built around them didn't seem like my kind of game, but admittedly that fight scene was intense :D. And it took awhile to get the walking down, but I'll be prepared for the full game now.

Awesome demo, I loved how unique this game is. The controls are a little wonky, but you can get used to it. Also did anyone notice
that the prostitute looks a lot like Lisa Edlestien from House?
Great demo, day one purchase for me.

Thanks for the info on getting a US acct. It's downloading right now!
Here's the UK code I got first time around:
K8RB-2TBJ-24KF

Game is Amazing.. I was extremely happy with the experience. I was juggling between White Knight Chronicles and Heavy Rain for my MSRP Feb purchase. I juggle no more. Note to people..If you loved Shenmue like I did, you should love this, as I did.

Um... To be more precise... I like how "realistic" this is... I'm kinda person that followed the traffic laws in GTA so... you know.

[quote name='theyoshiwara']Like many, I goofed and I guess got a UK code for the demo.

Here it is if anyone wants it: 6L2A-TEBJ-TK57[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch!

Anyone have a weird feeling the dude with the beard doing everything for his son is being blackmailed, etc... is the Origami Killer? It's not really spoilers or anything... it's just the vibe I got from playing the demo and watching all the trailers. Going to be really bummed if that's the case, since they would've pretty much ruined any twist. Meh.

Did anyone else get this? On lvl 2 the game just crashed on me making a huge buzzing sound with a black screen -_-

Just curious in the Sleazy scenario, at the fridge in the prostitutes' apt, there's an action cue there and I just can't seem to pull it off. Anyone know what it does?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Anyone have a weird feeling the dude with the beard doing everything for his son is being blackmailed, etc... is the Origami Killer? It's not really spoilers or anything... it's just the vibe I got from playing the demo and watching all the trailers. Going to be really bummed if that's the case, since they would've pretty much ruined any twist. Meh.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, this is the second forum I've been on in the last 15 minutes where someone came up with that hypothesis. I'll be pissed if that is the case.

[quote name='cooljammer00']Dammit, this is the second forum I've been on in the last 15 minutes where someone came up with that hypothesis. I'll be pissed if that is the case.[/QUOTE]

It certainly does seem like this is the case if you watch the trailer at the end of the demo.

How far would you go to save someone you love, amirite?

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Just curious in the Sleazy scenario, at the fridge in the prostitutes' apt, there's an action cue there and I just can't seem to pull it off. Anyone know what it does?[/QUOTE]

I did the action cue, it just zooms into the fridge door.. I guess to look for clues. Although i couldn't make out much of the stuff on the door, kinda of blurry so i didn't think any of it.. im sure there was some clue or hint in there..

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Just curious in the Sleazy scenario, at the fridge in the prostitutes' apt, there's an action cue there and I just can't seem to pull it off. Anyone know what it does?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get that one to work either.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I couldn't get that one to work either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's weird, I tried everything. Maybe it's not available in the demo.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Anyone have a weird feeling the dude with the beard doing everything for his son is being blackmailed, etc... is the Origami Killer? It's not really spoilers or anything... it's just the vibe I got from playing the demo and watching all the trailers. Going to be really bummed if that's the case, since they would've pretty much ruined any twist. Meh.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but I don't think so. I remember reading somewhere that the devs are already working on a DLC where you get to be play AS the Origami Killer, which will play alongside the story. Maybe even playing out his murders before the main story even takes place, kinda creepy.

Is anyone else registering and only getting a code for a Heavy Rain "Access All Areas" shirt for their PSN avatar? I was trying to get another demo code but all I got was this lousy shirt..

At the bottom of the page though it does say "Who knows what doors it may open..." dunno if that actually means anything =/

It's only working for the EU account but if someone wants a code let me know and I'll get them as long as it keeps letting me register.

[quote name='Exton']It certainly does seem like this is the case if you watch the trailer at the end of the demo.

How far would you go to save someone you love, amirite?[/QUOTE]

David Cage's shit is never that clear cut. I still think the rain is going to play a significant part in the story somehow. They wouldn't count the amount for no reason.

[quote name='Exton']It certainly does seem like this is the case if you watch the trailer at the end of the demo.

How far would you go to save someone you love, amirite?[/QUOTE]

Do you really think they would have made it so obvious in the trailer if that were the case? I'm going to go with the safe money and say he's not the Origami Killer. Plus there's that whole part about David Cage saying there'd be DLC where you play as the Origami Killer, as Interstella said, which wouldn't be that big a deal if you'd already played him in the main game, amirite?

[quote name='Interfeci']Until you find the Origami Killer, which makes him fold himself a biplane, which he uses to fly away into the sunset.[/QUOTE]

Say what?

Anyway, I played a bit of the demo last night. I don't have enough experience to have much of an opinion on it, but boy did I make the guy walk around like he was drunk.

That, and I hate how the twirly button segments have such small icons. When your character's far away from the screen, it's hard to tell what option is tied to which button. I'm using a rather large SDTV 480i connected through component, and I still have a hard time telling which button is which. Not everybody has an HDTV! If they didn't cancel the PC version, I'd get that version just because of this problem.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Say what?

Anyway, I played a bit of the demo last night. I don't have enough experience to have much of an opinion on it, but boy did I make the guy walk around like he was drunk.

That, and I hate how the twirly button segments have such small icons. When your character's far away from the screen, it's hard to tell what option is tied to which button. I'm using a rather large SDTV 480i connected through component, and I still have a hard time telling which button is which. Not everybody has an HDTV! If they didn't cancel the PC version, I'd get that version just because of this problem.[/QUOTE]

8166274527449374.JPG
lg_240hz_lh90_led_hdtv.jpg

The future is now!
(asian girls included and i am ok with this.)

[quote name='cRodz']
8166274527449374.JPG
lg_240hz_lh90_led_hdtv.jpg

The future is now!
(asian girls included and i am ok with this.)[/QUOTE]

Link to the HDTVs that come with the Asian girls.

But fuck that 240Hz TV. There's absolutely zero reason to go over 120Hz right now. Maybe for 3DTVs, but that's not right now. Whatever framerate your source is, the frame is going to be showing at least twice as much as it needs to be.

Anyway, I'm sticking with my SDTV unless you can give me an HDTV that comes with hot Asian girls. My SDTV rules. I'll save HD for my sweet 1080p computer monitor.

Just played the demo and it was quite cool. I think people will have to adjust to a game that has pretty slow pacing in spots as well as the whole existential vibe but its certainly an original experience and the production value is generally fantastic, with the exception of some pretty bad voice acting in places.

i just did it twice with 2 different e-mail accounts and neither code issued worked. they must have expired or something.

I was thinking the same thing after watching that end trailer.

For some reason the links posted here are coming up as 404's for me. I'm thinking there's too much traffic right now or something. In any case, I just got a new 42'' 1080p Panasonic plasma that I want to play this game on. No Asian girls came with mine though...that would have made the gf exceptionally pissed lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got in and got a code! I think it was a Chrome glitch, but all is well. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cRodz']Sharing this gameshare account

[email protected]
cagrain42[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. I grabbed the dynamic themes too (why doesn't the US get a few free themes). Really enjoyed the demo. I have a feeling the game is going to be really good, which is enough for me to preorder it for the time being.

another EU code for anyone interested

PMN2-7JBR-5EPN

really should put in the OP the instructions to just get a US code, had to register a second email address for that :bomb:

Good find on the demo.

Im really tempted but much like I do with metal gear games I avoid demos, videos, interviews, reviews, articles, commercials, pictures or anything that might spoil something for me. This is one of the few games I wanted to be as surprised as possible when I play it and go into it with a clean slate.

[quote name='buckythekat']another EU code for anyone interested

PMN2-7JBR-5EPN

really should put in the OP the instructions to just get a US code, had to register a second email address for that :bomb:[/QUOTE]

used! Thanky you, buckythekat :)

bread's done
Back