Get the Heavy Rain Demo Early--"Precinct 52" website

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
Found this info on Kotaku. A website entitled "Precinct 52" has been set up where one can submit "evidence" to get a code for the Heavy Rain demo. Here is the URL:

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

Here's the Kotaku article, complete with the list of clues to be submitted (which may or may not constitute spoilers if you want to figure them out on your own):

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

The catch? As of now, the Precinct 52 site appears to be having some problems. "We are currently working to address some site issues caused by overwhelming demand.
Sincere apologies for the delay, and please check back shortly."

Hopefully, it will be up and running again soon. I'm pretty eager to try this game out :)

Just finished parts of the demo, the game strangely froze when i started to leave one of the areas. Was pretty good, the controls are a bit wacky but you get used to them pretty quick. Something ironic did happen through, just as my download and installation had finished it started to rain where I live. =P

[quote name='xNightfire147x']Just finished parts of the demo, the game strangely froze when i started to leave one of the areas. Was pretty good, the controls are a bit wacky but you get used to them pretty quick. Something ironic did happen through, just as my download and installation had finished it started to rain where I live. =P[/QUOTE]

Was it.......wait for it, HEAVY RAIN!?

[quote name='bassec']I don't care what genre it is. Being an adventure game isn't a license to make poor design decisions. You can't argue there is a need to hold down R2 to walk. It makes no sense and does not serve a purpose.

I understand that people are going to play this game for the story, which is what I plan to do.

I should mention that I'd much rather do QTE's all day long than point and click like the old school adventure games.[/QUOTE]

The game is using QTEs to put you in as close to 1:1 control as they can. Holding down R2 to walk makes sense because walking takes effort. Sticks guide the head and R2 guides the feet. I think that it is interesting. It allows your player to look around without moving.

[quote name='SSPrelude']I have an extra EU code. 5TGR-M5BN-FDNF. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Downloading now.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Here is an extra code I won't need. Log in with an EU account to use it though

RC5L PBBB 4635[/QUOTE]
really thanks for the code. taken now

Used a dummy account from a different forum, started downloading the demo, signed back into my US account, demo still downloads.

Works for me. Pretty cool demo.

[quote name='Nerv_001']Was it.......wait for it, HEAVY RAIN!?[/QUOTE]
:shock: Maybe................ actually no it was just light rain. XD

[quote name='lllGurulll']Why do all the US codes require you to log in with an EU account to work?[/QUOTE]

They don't. If you follow the instructions like I posted a few posts ago, they work fine on your US account. It worked like a charm for me and mine is a US account.

[quote name='bassec']I don't care what genre it is. Being an adventure game isn't a license to make poor design decisions. You can't argue there is a need to hold down R2 to walk. It makes no sense and does not serve a purpose.

I understand that people are going to play this game for the story, which is what I plan to do.

I should mention that I'd much rather do QTE's all day long than point and click like the old school adventure games.[/QUOTE]
You're a poor design decision. Thank God game devs don't give a shit about what you think. Go back to your MW2 and Halo, leave this game to the big boys.

QTE = Suck

Is this is a game demo or a tech demo?

It looks like all you do is press buttons while you watch cutscenes.
And there are dialog trees that impact the story somehow?
So it's like Mass Effect or Bioshock, but without the....I don't know, without much of anything.

[quote name='shadowrage']Is this is a game demo or a tech demo?

It looks like all you do is press buttons while you watch cutscenes.
And there are dialog trees that impact the story somehow?
So it's like Mass Effect or Bioshock, but without the....I don't know, without much of anything.[/QUOTE]

Someone obviously has no idea what this game is. Heavy Rain is not a typical game, the producer of the game doesn't even call it a game. It's an interactive story where you are in complete control of the outcome. For example, you can kill the main characters and the game still continues. It's kind of an advanced choose your own adventure novel.

[quote name='Doomstink']Someone obviously has no idea what this game is. Heavy Rain is not a typical game, the producer of the game doesn't even call it a game. It's an interactive story where you are in complete control of the outcome. For example, you can kill the main characters and the game still continues. It's kind of an advanced choose your own adventure novel.[/QUOTE]
I've only seen that E3 video with the girl.

An advanced choose your own adventure novel? That makes sense.
Having a character that needs to conquer a slippery hill? Not so much. I can only imagine what its like if one of the characters in the game needs to pick up a book. LOL.

I'll pass, there's too many other interesting ways I can get my gumshoe fix...David Fincher movies, dime novels, hell write my own.

I guess this has a very specific target market - hope you guys enjoy it.

where do i redeem my code at? i can't click the redemption instructions on my code sheet because a damn bar with terms and agreement options etc keeps scrolling up getting in my fuckin way.

[quote name='jcp42877']where do i redeem my code at? i can't click the redemption instructions on my code sheet because a damn bar with terms and agreement options etc keeps scrolling up getting in my fuckin way.[/QUOTE]

In account management in the XMB.

After attempting all day and creating a european account, I was finally able to download the damn thing. I have an extra code left over from a previous attempt, if anybody wants it they can PM me.

PS: I know the second sentence belongs in the "Contests & Free Stuff" section, I just didn't feel like creating a whole other topic just for that.

[quote name='animalspinners']Guys, you don't need a EU account to get this - you just need to register at this site.

http://heavyrainps3.com/registration/signup/en_US

Register at this site, THEN play the Precinct 52 game, you'll get a US code guaranteed. This is the US site to register.. the one in the OP and elsewhere is the Great Britain register page which is giving you all EU codes.

As soon as I registered at the US site, I got a code that worked the first time.[/QUOTE]

Children, children. Invalid no more. Apparently nobody likes to read.

I thought it was fairly obvious why they would use R2 to walk. Sure, it's unconventional as hell and takes some getting used to. But considering that so much of the rest of the games actions involve movements with both of the joysticks, it would be impractical to map walking to one of the sticks as well. It's a little clunky, and kind of a throwback to the first Resident Evil, but that didn't stop anybody from enjoying that game. And I doubt it will stop me from enjoying this one.

[quote name='salazarmark']You're a poor design decision. Thank God game devs don't give a shit about what you think. Go back to your MW2 and Halo, leave this game to the big boys.

QTE = Suck[/QUOTE]

The big boys? You mean the ones who use insults like "You're a poor design decision" and get their feelings hurt when I point out criticisms of a game? I was under the impression "the big boys" could listen to someone else's opinion without throwing out personal attacks for no reason.

Sounds like your category of "big boys" that you are apart of have to order the Mighty Kids Meal from McDonalds. I was more speaking to adults that can hold a decent discussion without using insults.

I should mention I don't like Halo...nor do I own a 360. Just not my type of game. *shrug* MW2 is a fun game though. I gotta stop play Persona 4 though in order to get more multiplayer time in though...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I thought it was fairly obvious why they would use R2 to walk. Sure, it's unconventional as hell and takes some getting used to. But considering that so much of the rest of the games actions involve movements with both of the joysticks, it would be impractical to map walking to one of the sticks as well. It's a little clunky, and kind of a throwback to the first Resident Evil, but that didn't stop anybody from enjoying that game. And I doubt it will stop me from enjoying this one.[/QUOTE]

I guess so. Do you remember if IP had the same control scheme? I seem to remember it having the "traditional" style of movement in which you just lean the stick and the character moves.

Didnt work the first go and then used animalspinners directions and works like a charm.

Heres a PAL code I couldnt use.
NBCC-29B7-FFF8

Please post that you used the code to save other people the hassle.

I'm going to have to agree the controls are a little wacky in terms of moving the character around. I do like the different analog control movements to have your character interact though. Nothing like performing a backwards Hadoken to make your character go into his pocket for a five dollar bill :)

Still a great game with an intriguing story.

Honestly didn't like the demo that much, playing as Shelby wasn't that bad (the QTE scene was very well-done), but playing as Jayden nearly had me falling asleep playing it. I see it as a mixed bag, you'll have some good parts, and some terrible parts, like everything Jayden will do.

Probably going to cancel my pre-order, and just rent it. I already paid it off with credit on Amazon, so I'll just apply it to one of the many other games coming out soon (like GoWIII, Splinter Cell, or the new Final Fantasy). I dunno, I'll have to see; and give the demo a second chance in it's entirety (I replayed the Shelby part, and did some new dialogue; but the fight wasn't nearly as fun or involving the second time around.. which makes me question replayability as a whole).

This game doesn't demo well at all. It's difficult to see how you actions have any effect whatsoever in the these little truncated bits. I was hoping that, after the fight, the woman would at least pick up your business card if you had left it on the table or something like that. At least the fight seemed to differ slightly on my second playthrough, but no matter who the victor is, it ends in almost exactly the same way.

after playing the demo here are my pros and cons

PROS
+Amazing graphics
+Cool story so far..
+Nice change from other video games
+Love the soundtrack/music

CONS
-Controls, not all of the controls are bad. I mainly just wanted to run in some parts, but couldn't. I hate having to hold R2 down to walk, and some of the scenes made me play twister with the controller to hold down buttons out of my reach (you'll see when you play those parts). Otherwise it is pretty similar to the Indigo Prophecy concept.
-Voice Acting sounds weird in some parts

Overall, I am still hype for this game. Day one purchase.

[quote name='tenzor']after playing the demo here are my pros and cons
CONS
-Controls, not all of the controls are bad. I mainly just wanted to run in some parts, but couldn't. I hate having to hold R2 down to walk, and some of the scenes made me play twister with the controller to hold down buttons out of my reach (you'll see when you play those parts). Otherwise it is pretty similar to the Indigo Prophecy concept.
-Voice Acting sounds weird in some parts[/QUOTE]

Did you try to hold all the buttons down? If so, I did that too at first, but in actuality, you only need to hold down the current 2-3 (which is much easier). If this is not the case, then, I dunno.

Fun demo. Brought back memories of the good parts of Indigo Prophecy. Damn, I should have bought it when it was on sale. I'm leaning towards buying it from day 1 now. (yay for amazon prime). But yeah, my only gripes are the slight screen tearing and the spotty voice acting at parts by the girl and the fbi guy. Other than that, I liked it.

so how do you get the special HOME t-shirt? I am reading its only available for the UK? I somehow got a code at signup but I am in the US, is there a way around it so my HOME avatar can use it in the US?

bread's done
Back