Get the Heavy Rain Demo Early--"Precinct 52" website

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
Found this info on Kotaku. A website entitled "Precinct 52" has been set up where one can submit "evidence" to get a code for the Heavy Rain demo. Here is the URL:

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

Here's the Kotaku article, complete with the list of clues to be submitted (which may or may not constitute spoilers if you want to figure them out on your own):

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

The catch? As of now, the Precinct 52 site appears to be having some problems. "We are currently working to address some site issues caused by overwhelming demand.
Sincere apologies for the delay, and please check back shortly."

Hopefully, it will be up and running again soon. I'm pretty eager to try this game out :)

[quote name='Muthafodder']the generic Home code for a T-Shirt is:

[FONT=&quot]Q9M8-GRBH-BCTP[/FONT][/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "generic Home code?" I tried it my US and EU accounts, and got the invalid code message on both.

[quote name='poker360']screw this i wasted my time and got an "invalid" code[/QUOTE]

Try it on a PAL account; it won't be invalid on there. It seems it's 50/50 on giving codes that work no the USA store, but 98% seem to work on the PAL store.

Downloading as we speak, on a U.S Account just to test it out. It still allowed me to download. So the codes from Precinct 51 definitely allow you to download on either U.S or EU Home.

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']What do you mean by "generic Home code?" I tried it my US and EU accounts, and got the invalid code message on both.[/QUOTE]
He's probably talking about the Exclusive Heavy Rain Shirt for EU Home. It won't work in the U.S

So if I'm reading this right, as long as you can get the damn site to load, you will be able to actually get a demo to play when you finish the whole clue section?

I really need to play this, because it's coming out way sooner than I thought it would, and I have an Amazon order that's hanging in the balance

[quote name='SEH']Downloaded at 1MB/s for me. Took all of 15 minutes or so.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the problem is with my end (I don't think it's my connection, did a Speedtest on my PS3 and speeds were normal) but it took 23 seconds to download 1MB of Pulse. I normally wait until late Thursday or Friday to download stuff because it's faster if I wait but it's now slow as hell for me at the moment.

Not like it matters though since the website's still not loading for me.:bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
at last after 2 yours of sweat and tears (not really) I finally got the code.

Oh and I had to redeem it on a European account. My US account said it's invalid. The download is 1754 MB.

Hrm. The code that it gave me isn't working either:

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid."

Is there some kind of delay between the time that they give you the code and the time that it's activated?

[quote name='arcane93']Hrm. The code that it gave me isn't working either:

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid."

Is there some kind of delay between the time that they give you the code and the time that it's activated?[/QUOTE]

Same thing is happening to me. God dammit.

For those that worked for the US you used a US account and registered it for the US as well right?

Can anyone explain to me what I'm supposed to do to get this? I logged into the precinct 52 website and now I see the option to pick 4 pieces of evidence and submit them. I don't know what they are, can anyone help me or PM me them? Would be appreciated..

KJ8B-QABD-AHA6
435L-2RB2-R76E

Two UK PSN codes up for grabs. Grabbed a few (from the site) hoping one would work for US accounts. They do not. Enjoy.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Can anyone explain to me what I'm supposed to do to get this? I logged into the precinct 52 website and now I see the option to pick 4 pieces of evidence and submit them. I don't know what they are, can anyone help me or PM me them? Would be appreciated..[/QUOTE]

Read The OP. Go to the kotaku link in the OP and read that. It tells you the 4 things you need to pick.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Read The OP. Go to the kotaku link in the OP and read that. It tells you the 4 things you need to pick.[/QUOTE]

Thank you I missed that and am waiting on the coffee shop to load.

I got a code and tried on a UK account and a US account and it's not working...did I make a UK account incorrectly?

Edit, made another account on the site, got another code and that one worked..downloading now. Jeez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with one of those fake UK accounts willing to gameshare this? I've tried many times to get a registration to go through, both for my UK and US account, and I always get "Problem Loading Page," no matter how many times I resend

Thanks OP. Just finished my download. If I can get in on my other account, I will have a code up for grabs for one of you. I will post in the thread if I can get a hold of it.

I tried registering around 10 times to no avail. But, I tried logging on with the information I attempted to register with and it worked!!! Got the code, downloaded, and now off to play! :D

anyone mind sharing the info for a dummy account so I can try it out too? I'm having trouble getting the site to load...

I think they disabled the "summit registration" link. After I fill out all of the stuff for the page and do the spam protection deal and click on the link it doesn't even try to load a page. Bummer

Aha . . . for those who have been having trouble, give this a try:

I tried putting "US" in place of "GB" in the URL of the registration form, i.e.:

http://heavyrainps3.com/registration/signup/en_US

Surprisingly, it not only worked, but it brought up a somewhat different form (with references to SCEA instead of SCEE). I registered with that and then went to the Precinct 52 page (same URL as the OP) and logged in with the account that I made there. It gave me a code that worked on my US PSN account!

I got registered but after logging into the site, the little sun looking loader just keeps going around and around.

[quote name='bigsick']I got registered but after logging into the site, the little sun looking loader just keeps going around and around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does that for a while -- just let it go for a few minutes, and eventually the page will come up. Be prepared to sit and wait for it several times.

Just to let you guys know. If the website gives you a code that doesn't work, then just refresh and try it again until they give you a working code. The first code they gave me didn't work but the second code did.

[quote name='msriflegirl']Code available...PLEASE post if you claim it.
7LBE-DKBE-EAQM[/QUOTE]

Didn't work, code must be gone already :( Thanks anyways!

[quote name='msriflegirl']Code available...PLEASE post if you claim it.
7LBE-DKBE-EAQM[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the code!

Can someone instead of giving out codes, make an account and download it there. then give the account info to 5 cags and let these 5 cags profit instead of one.

i really want to play this demo, someone game share it already.

bread's done
Back