Get the Heavy Rain Demo Early--"Precinct 52" website

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
Found this info on Kotaku. A website entitled "Precinct 52" has been set up where one can submit "evidence" to get a code for the Heavy Rain demo. Here is the URL:

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

Here's the Kotaku article, complete with the list of clues to be submitted (which may or may not constitute spoilers if you want to figure them out on your own):

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

The catch? As of now, the Precinct 52 site appears to be having some problems. "We are currently working to address some site issues caused by overwhelming demand.
Sincere apologies for the delay, and please check back shortly."

Hopefully, it will be up and running again soon. I'm pretty eager to try this game out :)

I am trying to get in on this but the site keeps giving me errors. If anyone has a US account key, I would really appreciate it. I have been wanting to try this game out for a long time.

[quote name='cRodz']Can someone instead of giving out codes, make an account and download it there. then give the account info to 5 cags and let these 5 cags profit instead of one.

i really want to play this demo, someone game share it already.[/QUOTE]

I wish I would have done this...if I get a hold of another one, I will be sure to share in this way. Thanks for the suggestion.

[quote name='Richlough']I have a code to share if someone will PM me their UK account info .[/QUOTE]
now we are getting somewhere

i have this european account. i can get the code and i can gameshare it with you, and 3 more CAGs
just checking my account info

and yes, that was done with God of War 3. some find CAG came up with that idea and we had a 6 pages of profits.

Now that i think bout it, i can share it with all of CAG

After hours of fooling with this I finally got to submit the evidence but now whatever comes up next has been loading for ages. We'll see if it ever loads I'd really love to play this.

[quote name='cRodz']now we are getting somewhere

i have this european account. i can get the code and i can gameshare it with you, and 3 more CAGs (now that i think bout it, i can share it with all of CAG)

just checking my account info

and yes, that was done with God of War 3. some find CAG came up with that idea and we had a 6 pages of profits.[/QUOTE]

I'll PM you the code after you give me the account info .
I swear .

[quote name='cRodz']Can someone instead of giving out codes, make an account and download it there. then give the account info to 5 cags and let these 5 cags profit instead of one.

i really want to play this demo, someone game share it already.[/QUOTE]

I get to the login screen but not much further then that. If i can get a code, i will do this.

[quote name='arcane93']Aha . . . for those who have been having trouble, give this a try:

I tried putting "US" in place of "GB" in the URL of the registration form, i.e.:

http://heavyrainps3.com/registration/signup/en_US

Surprisingly, it not only worked, but it brought up a somewhat different form (with references to SCEA instead of SCEE). I registered with that and then went to the Precinct 52 page (same URL as the OP) and logged in with the account that I made there. It gave me a code that worked on my US PSN account![/QUOTE]

THANK YOU arcane. This worked for me also. You sir are a genius, all those with US accounts should follow this advice.

[quote name='arcane93']Aha . . . for those who have been having trouble, give this a try:

I tried putting "US" in place of "GB" in the URL of the registration form, i.e.:

Surprisingly, it not only worked, but it brought up a somewhat different form (with references to SCEA instead of SCEE). I registered with that and then went to the Precinct 52 page (same URL as the OP) and logged in with the account that I made there. It gave me a code that worked on my US PSN account![/QUOTE]

This works, did it just now since my first code didn't work on a U.S or Pal account

Hey guys..... I've been working this thing for a while, and every code I've gotten has failed. Anyways, I have both US/UK temp accounts an a few "failed codes" available.

[quote name='Richlough']I'll PM you the code after you give me the account info .
I swear .[/QUOTE]
youve never gameshare before have you?

Ok this may be a stupid question, but where do the codes appear? Email or do you need to login to the site? I assume login because that's what screen i've been waiting on and refreshing for the past 30 minutes and i've gotten no email.

Really surprising game to get a demo. I'll be waiting on this for retail instead though. Not going to change my mind about purchasing either way really, so I'd rather be completely fresh to the experience; minus online spoilers I've encountered, few luckily.

Got mine from US account! 1384MB by using answers from kotaku from me previously registering for the mini game. w00t!

I recieved a code and it successfully worked on my US PSN account. So here is one that I have. Feel free to PM me for more, I'm welcome to refresh the page.

RA76-Q2B8-RP3C

UPDATE: It keeps giving me the same code, so unfortunately I cannot generate more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can also confirm that doing the US account registration worked perfectly, also was able to d/l to my US PSN account. Thanks guys!

Since no one has posted impressions yet:

1) Oh. My. God. Moving your character is absolutely terrible. You have to hold R2 down in order to move. WTF?!?! Why can't I control them, LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME, just by holding the stick down??? Is it REALLY necessary to hold R2 just to move? Seriously.

2) The ARV that Jayden uses is pretty hoaky. Hitting X every few feet to scan for clues got old, even within the 10 minute demo.

3) You can tell the dialogues are stitched together as pieces. There are definitely awkward pauses in the dialogue in certain places.

4) Do not let detractors tell you otherwise -- this game is entirely quick time events. I don't want to hear that "oh its sooooo much more than QTEs you are just dense." No, this is a long game full of QTEs. Know that going into it.

5) I don't think the developer took a clue from Indigo Prophecy...there is already "supernatural" stuff going on even 10 minutes in. For instance, a random stream of pollen was floating out from a body and each time you load a scene, it gives you the precise measure of how much rain has fallen. This is similar to how IP handled temperature to give clues that "impending doom" is coming. I forsee another lame "OMG MAJOR SUPERNATURAL WORLD ENDING PLOT TWIST" in Heavy Rain's future.

All that being said -- It'll be a good rental. Kind of like a sorority girl (no offense if you lurk among us.) Cheap, lame, but still fun for the weekend if you can manage to put up with her.

Anybody want to hook me up with a shared account? I triple-checked the code they gave me and it doesn't work. Gah!

[quote name='cRodz']Sharing this gameshare account

[email protected]
cagrain42[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, got it from here. Thanks!

Definitely use the US site to register and (I think) you'll be certain to get a US code. I used the US site to log on and got a code good for the US store.

D/L-ing now.

[quote name='bassec']Since no one has posted impressions yet:

1) Oh. My. God. Moving your character is absolutely terrible. You have to hold R2 down in order to move. WTF?!?! Why can't I control them, LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME, just by holding the stick down??? Is it REALLY necessary to hold R2 just to move? Seriously.

2) The ARV that Jayden uses is pretty hoaky. Hitting X every few feet to scan for clues got old, even within the 10 minute demo.

3) You can tell the dialogues are stitched together as pieces. There are definitely awkward pauses in the dialogue in certain places.

4) Do not let detractors tell you otherwise -- this game is entirely quick time events. I don't want to hear that "oh its sooooo much more than QTEs you are just dense." No, this is a long game full of QTEs. Know that going into it.

5) I don't think the developer took a clue from Indigo Prophecy...there is already "supernatural" stuff going on even 10 minutes in. For instance, a random stream of pollen was floating out from a body and each time you load a scene, it gives you the precise measure of how much rain has fallen. This is similar to how IP handled temperature to give clues that "impending doom" is coming. I forsee another lame "OMG MAJOR SUPERNATURAL WORLD ENDING PLOT TWIST" in Heavy Rain's future.

All that being said -- It'll be a good rental. Kind of like a sorority girl (no offense if you lurk among us.) Cheap, lame, but still fun for the weekend if you can manage to put up with her.[/QUOTE]

I got used to character movement within about a minute. You really need to just look at it as what it is - an adventure game. If you aren't down with that, then go play something else.

Also, I actually enjoyed the way it employed its QTEs. Especially the way the speed at which you utilize them has an affect on the way the character behaves.

Guys, you don't need a EU account to get this - you just need to register at this site.

Register at this site, THEN play the Precinct 52 game, you'll get a US code guaranteed. This is the US site to register.. the one in the OP and elsewhere is the Great Britain register page which is giving you all EU codes.

As soon as I registered at the US site, I got a code that worked the first time.

[quote name='o2012o']I got used to character movement within about a minute. You really need to just look at it as what it is - an adventure game. If you aren't down with that, then go play something else.
[/QUOTE]

I don't care what genre it is. Being an adventure game isn't a license to make poor design decisions. You can't argue there is a need to hold down R2 to walk. It makes no sense and does not serve a purpose.

I understand that people are going to play this game for the story, which is what I plan to do.

I should mention that I'd much rather do QTE's all day long than point and click like the old school adventure games.

bread's done
Back