GGT 105 : In Memorandum of Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I just picked up Portal 2 on PS3 if anyone wants to play whenever PSN comes back up![/QUOTE]

I'll play with you. It has cross-platform co-op, right? (PC with PS3)

[quote name='panzerfaust']Was playing BFBC2 on my friend's new monster computer -- 3D glasses and everything.

It's nice, but it's nothing like going from standard television to HD. They really have to improve it if it's ever going to be considered a must have.[/QUOTE]

BFBC2 on PC is just way better in general. With the right GFX card the draw rate can be solid enough for you to see enemies from across the map.

So far Metro 2033 has been an intense game. And that engine, my PC can run it at max settings, but only at 27 fps non-action, drops to 17 in the thick of it. God that engine is a hog, but soo beautiful too.

It is ultra gloomy here as well. . .

I'd be down for some Gears 2, provided I still have a 360 when peeps wanna play.

Working on buying one soon, need to sell more shit.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']He doesn't cooperate with that. he keeps throwing the hammer, stunning me, etc. I remembered reading to cheese him with fireballs... but I can't get it to work out. :([/QUOTE] What difficulty are you playing on? I was able to get it to work on Normal, I just made sure to hop over the hammer and always stay as far away as I possibly can from him.

[quote name='ihadFG']I'll play with you. It has cross-platform co-op, right? (PC with PS3)[/QUOTE]
YEP! It has cross platform co-op. :D

Edit: Hey, should I get DA: UE or should I just skip everything DA1 related and go to DA2? I found DA1 boring, but with all the DLC I think it'd be something to get me into the game.

WTF? DA:O boring? That game has soo much to do that you don't need to play DA2.

If you get it, plan to never play another game for awhile. I put over 70 hours in the game, without the dlc.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']What difficulty are you playing on? I was able to get it to work on Normal, I just made sure to hop over the hammer and always stay as far away as I possibly can from him.
[/QUOTE]

Oh now you tell me you didn't beat him on normal.

Dave just said that Happy Hour will probably be free for everyone tonight since the sites will probably still not be up for a few more hours at least.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm up for Gears 1/2 if anyone ever wants to play. I've never played any of it's mp except for Horde, though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'm up for some Gears 2 some time as well, just picked up that Triple Pack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm up for gears 2 sometime, dmaul.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
I'd be down for some Gears 2, provided I still have a 360 when peeps wanna play.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe we could get 4 of us together Saturday night and knock out some horde achievements for those who still need them? The 18x XP event is running through monday I believe, so that's an added bonus.

For horde achievements I still need:

1-10 on all Flashback maps (still need to do Gridlock, Mansion and Subway)
1-20 on Sanctuary (need all 20 waves)
1-20 on Waystation (need 10-20)
1-30 on All Father's Garden (need 6-30)
1-40 on Memorial (need 4-40)

[quote name='j-cart']WTF? DA:O boring? That game has soo much to do that you don't need to play DA2.

If you get it, plan to never play another game for awhile. I put over 70 hours in the game, without the dlc.[/QUOTE]

I found it a tad boring at times. I put probably around 55 in it total including all the DLC. But I played on casual so that sped things up and didn't read codex entry's, turned on subtitles so I could read and x through the dialogue faster than they speak etc.

I liked the game, but didn't love it. Just not really my kind of WRPG. I prefer the more action oriented ones with real time combat (or closer to it at least) like Mass Effect, Fallout, Oblivion, Fable etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']Good for you, I was giving an alternative to it, GAWD![/QUOTE]

Your way is good for characters that are not liu kang.

[quote name='j-cart']WTF? DA:O boring? That game has soo much to do that you don't need to play DA2.

If you get it, plan to never play another game for awhile. I put over 70 hours in the game, without the dlc.[/QUOTE] Just because of the gameplay. If I play it again I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Oh now you tell me you didn't beat him on normal.[/QUOTE]
It works on Normal and Easy. Done it on both. Once in story, once in arcade.:cool:

Well, I'm up to chapter 15 now. All fatalities and alts unlocked via the krypt.

Maybe a silly question here, but why couldn't I use cyber sub-zero's x-ray in chapter 14? The only other one I've not done in story mode was Cage, and that's because his is a counter... so I get that. With CSZ, the x-ray command ends up making me flip stance with a full bar -- I feel like I must be missing something?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, I'm up to chapter 15 now. All fatalities and alts unlocked via the krypt.

Maybe a silly question here, but why couldn't I use cyber sub-zero's x-ray in chapter 14? The only other one I've not done in story mode was Cage, and that's because his is a counter... so I get that. With CSZ, the x-ray command ends up making me flip stance with a full bar -- I feel like I must be missing something?[/QUOTE]
That's really weird, I could be sure I triggered it in his story.

Maybe it's a glitch or something?

Soldier's awesome. He's the only class I really enjoyed playing through the game so many times with. He has everything he needs to survive alone while still being able to support a large group.

Me and 3 friends did a run through as a team of Beserkers. We got about halfway before quitting. It's hilarious going to Skagzilla and all activating our Rage and just beating the shit out of him.

Only level 14 right now and the Solider just doesn't have the weapons or skills just yet to hold on his own. I can tell from his skill tree that her can be a great support character and can take and deal damage. However at low levels, he is just the suck.

On PC if peeps want to play. id: theevilchinaman

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, I'm up to chapter 15 now. All fatalities and alts unlocked via the krypt.

Maybe a silly question here, but why couldn't I use cyber sub-zero's x-ray in chapter 14? The only other one I've not done in story mode was Cage, and that's because his is a counter... so I get that. With CSZ, the x-ray command ends up making me flip stance with a full bar -- I feel like I must be missing something?[/QUOTE]

Cyber Sub Zero's is done in the air - starts out of a dive kick.

Took me a bit to figure that out, especially since he's the only one who does that as far as I know.

[quote name='diddy310']Cyber Sub Zero's is done in the air - starts out of a dive kick.

Took me a bit to figure that out, especially since he's the only one who does that as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

yeah I had to look at the moves list to figure that out. Its a pretty sweet x-ray attack though.

[quote name='j-cart']Only level 14 right now and the Solider just doesn't have the weapons or skills just yet to hold on his own. I can tell from his skill tree that her can be a great support character and can take and deal damage. However at low levels, he is just the suck.

On PC if peeps want to play. id: theevilchinaman[/QUOTE]
I think you must've spec'd VERY different than what I did, by level 10 I was already a pretty good powerhouse.

[quote name='j-cart']Only level 14 right now and the Solider just doesn't have the weapons or skills just yet to hold on his own. I can tell from his skill tree that her can be a great support character and can take and deal damage. However at low levels, he is just the suck.

On PC if peeps want to play. id: theevilchinaman[/QUOTE]

If you think that's bad, you should try the other classes. I played to level 7 with all of them and Roland is by far the most capable of survival on his own. I played about 2/3 of the game solo with him before joining up with a couple people here and there.

The number one thing for everyone -- slow life regen shield. All other shields are mostly useless in comparison.

[quote name='BlueScrote']yeah I had to look at the moves list to figure that out. Its a pretty sweet x-ray attack though.[/QUOTE]

The moves list didn't help ... it just said:

X-Ray
Whatever L2+R2

But thanks guys, now at least I can worry about doing it later.
Still trying to figure out who to main. Cyber Sub-Zero has a chance. I think I like him better than the UMK3 Sub-Zero, at least in visual design. I do kind of miss the ice blast that shot up and rained down. I don't think any ice-thrower does that in the new game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you think that's bad, you should try the other classes. I played to level 7 with all of them and Roland is by far the most capable of survival on his own. I played about 2/3 of the game solo with him before joining up with a couple people here and there.

The number one thing for everyone -- slow life regen shield. All other shields are mostly useless in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Actually I felt that Lilith was best suited to solo play. Her phasewalk ability lets her escape and heal from any battle she is about to lose.

[quote name='ihadFG']Actually I felt that Lilith was best suited to solo play. Her phasewalk ability lets her escape and heal from any battle she is about to lose.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in later levels -- I thought it was a waste of an action skill, not as bad as the bloodwing, but not nearly as useful as the turret or the rage trigger.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Maybe in later levels -- I thought it was a waste of an action skill, not as bad as the bloodwing, but not nearly as useful as the turret or the rage trigger.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, later levels are what I'm talking about. For early levels, it's really just useful for moving around quickly on foot and healing. Also for later levels, Lilith's stun abilities make it easier for her to take on swarms of enemies. Roland seems like a solid solo character too though.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well yeah, later levels are what I'm talking about. For early levels, it's really just useful for moving around quickly on foot and healing. Also for later levels, Lilith's stun abilities make it easier for her to take on swarms of enemies. Roland seems like a solid solo character too though.[/QUOTE]

Playing solo through level 25 or so (and new haven or whatever it was), I can't imagine it without using roland... the ammo regen, the turret for extra damage on things... I've heard the fully leveled up phasewalk stuff is nuts. But I was more or less referring to sub-20 level characters.

I'm still wondering how I managed to get a 10-hit combo somewhere and pop the trophy for it.
I think I got it in the low levels of the challenge tower, but I still don't know how... unless and x-ray or a throw somehow did that many hits... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Chacrana']A new episode of Cooking With Chac is on right now.

It's sweet. Can't wait for dinner.[/QUOTE]

554055SquallSnake7.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Playing solo through level 25 or so (and new haven or whatever it was), I can't imagine it without using roland... the ammo regen, the turret for extra damage on things... I've heard the fully leveled up phasewalk stuff is nuts. But I was more or less referring to sub-20 level characters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well for sub-20 level characters, the game isn't really all that difficult, so I think any class should do fine. Lilith can get ammo regen though as well depending on what class mod you are using.

[quote name='Chacrana']A new episode of Cooking With Chac is on right now.

It's sweet. Can't wait for dinner.[/QUOTE]

Microwaving tortilla and cheese is not cooking.

Same goes if you are using a pan on the stove to do the same thing. :D Prove me otherwise Chac. Needs to be a four course meal with a delicate dessert.
Going to get wasted tonight.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm still wondering how I managed to get a 10-hit combo somewhere and pop the trophy for it.
I think I got it in the low levels of the challenge tower, but I still don't know how... unless and x-ray or a throw somehow did that many hits... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Sonya's x-ray did it for me.

[quote name='j-cart']Microwaving tortilla and cheese is not cooking.

Same goes if you are using a pan on the stove to do the same thing. :D Prove me otherwise Chac. Needs to be a four course meal with a delicate dessert.
Going to get wasted tonight.[/QUOTE]

Does deep frying a tortilla and cheese count?

[quote name='j-cart']Microwaving tortilla and cheese is not cooking.
[/QUOTE]

Neither is that instant ramen you g o o k s (CAG censors your people's name) eat, propagate, and base your defective, railroad-builder culture on. There's a reason you people have SARS -- because you deserve it.

ihadfg we should play more Borderlands this weekend, although we may have to coax Uraizen to play, since he is apparently annoyed that you want to do every quest in the game, haha. Although if PSN remains down me and him aren't going to be able to play Arcana Heart 3 together, so maybe that will help. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The moves list didn't help ... it just said:

X-Ray
Whatever L2+R2

But thanks guys, now at least I can worry about doing it later.
Still trying to figure out who to main. Cyber Sub-Zero has a chance. I think I like him better than the UMK3 Sub-Zero, at least in visual design. I do kind of miss the ice blast that shot up and rained down. I don't think any ice-thrower does that in the new game.[/QUOTE]

If you have the move selected it says in air on the right side.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I've barely played Borderlands.

I should join in.

Maybe.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you couldn't. For me it is basically, the more the merrier. And I don't really think the other too would complain, haha. We just have to figure out a time to play.

[quote name='icebeast']ihadfg we should play more Borderlands this weekend, although we may have to coax Uraizen to play, since he is apparently annoyed that you want to do every quest in the game, haha. Although if PSN remains down me and him aren't going to be able to play Arcana Heart 3 together, so maybe that will help. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha, if he doesn't want to do all the quests we don't have to. I mainly would want to do all the claptrap quests though. Either way, it's really not that long to do all the quests compared to sticking to the main one. Most of the sidequests are in the same areas as the main quest. But yeah, I can play this weekend (tomorrow night after like 8pm or anytime Sunday except from 9pm to 10pm).

Edit: Yeah, Hank should join us!

[quote name='ihadFG']Ha, if he doesn't want to do all the quests we don't have to. I mainly would want to do all the claptrap quests though. Either way, it's really not that long to do all the quests compared to sticking to the main one. Most of the sidequests are in the same areas as the main quest. But yeah, I can play this weekend (tomorrow night after like 8pm or anytime Sunday except from 9pm to 10pm).

Edit: Yeah, Hank should join us![/QUOTE]

Those times should basically work for me, although there is a possibility I might go workout on Sunday evening (usually depends on what my mood is, and if the weather isn't horrible, which it might be since it is supposed to rain like the next 5 days... where are my sunny days? :cold:), but beyond that I'm really flexible.

Tonight I think I'm going to try and pound down Singularity so that I can't get started on Portal 2 which I'm dying to play, but I want to make sure I finish a game I already have going first.

[quote name='seanr1221']Sonya's x-ray did it for me.[/QUOTE]
That would explain it.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, well for sub-20 level characters, the game isn't really all that difficult, so I think any class should do fine. Lilith can get ammo regen though as well depending on what class mod you are using.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. Depends on where you go, how many quests you do, what weapons the game gives you, what shield you manage to find, etc.

[quote name='BlueScrote']If you have the move selected it says in air on the right side.[/QUOTE]

That's stupid. I'm not going to go select the move when I can read it in the chart... it should say it somewhere WITHOUT selecting it. >_<

[quote name='ihadFG']Ha, if he doesn't want to do all the quests we don't have to. I mainly would want to do all the claptrap quests though. Either way, it's really not that long to do all the quests compared to sticking to the main one. Most of the sidequests are in the same areas as the main quest. But yeah, I can play this weekend (tomorrow night after like 8pm or anytime Sunday except from 9pm to 10pm).

Edit: Yeah, Hank should join us![/QUOTE]

I'd say I'd join you, but I don't know if I can find a PC to handle running borderlands at the moment. :p What characters are you guys using?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'd say I'd join you, but I don't know if I can find a PC to handle running borderlands at the moment. :p What characters are you guys using?[/QUOTE]

icebeast - Siren
ihadfg - Siren
uraizen - Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back