GGT #114 Can't Wait For The Flood Of New Kinect Games at E3!!

[quote name='j-cart']Well seems like CD projeckt has something in store for e3.[/QUOTE]
We already know what it is.

I just saw a new trailer for that downloadable Bloodryane game. :drool:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']And that is why I created a gameshare for the kontent. If I couldn't have gotten the gameshare together I was just going to use my Scorp code on a different account. I'm really hoping that the Cyrax Klassic is in the bundle, too.[/QUOTE]

It's not.
It will be available eventually, but the bundle is everything that was available through preorder:

ermac, kitana, mileena, jade, sub-zero, scorpion, reptile (the last three with classic fatality).

I'm going to throw a bitch fit at Sony if I can't buy the fucking bundle. :bomb:

[quote name='whoknows']Ninja Gaiden 3 is going be awesome.

I can't wait to see Ryu's flowing purple hair when he finally takes off his mask.[/QUOTE]

DOAUryu_cos02.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Did you tell them to get divorced so you could hook up with the (ex)wife?
[/QUOTE]No, I told her to get divorced because she was complaining about her husband not making dinner. Right after I posted that I followed up with a comment about how I make the most wonderful baked Spaghetti...

[quote name='gunm']Joel, quit meddlin' in otha ppl's bidness, bro.[/QUOTE]It's not meddlin' if she posted it for me to seeeeeee.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's not.
It will be available eventually, but the bundle is everything that was available through preorder:

ermac, kitana, mileena, jade, sub-zero, scorpion, reptile (the last three with classic fatality).

I'm going to throw a bitch fit at Sony if I can't buy the fucking bundle. :bomb:[/QUOTE] Well guess I don't have to buy it then. :/ I just want Cyrax. I predict you calling Sony in a couple of weeks!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Ryu from DOA[/QUOTE]
QFT. I was just going to point out that his face is nowhere near a secret.

-------
Man, this chick I've known for the last half of forever is finally getting a 360 so we can play! I'm sooo excited I can't even begin to express it! YAY!!!

[quote name='ihadFG']LA Noire has really gotten its hooks into me recently. Hours just fly by when I'm playing the game. I tend to really get into detective stuff though.[/QUOTE]
I think I'm really gonna like it then. Picking that up when I get pizzaid.
How do we redeem those free "Sony is sorry" games?

[quote name='linkpwns']
How do we redeem those free "Sony is sorry" games?[/QUOTE]

Well the PS Store would have to come back first. I'm sure we'll find out how when it does.

And are you back now shnookums?

[quote name='linkpwns']I think I'm really gonna like it then. Picking that up when I get pizzaid.
How do we redeem those free "Sony is sorry" games?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're really sorry.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There used to be a trick about using the Amazon.com ones in stores but unplugging the network connection to it. This would allow it to give normal cash without the fee. Not sure if these even exist.

Check to see if you have a credit union in your area -- they're generally better than most banks in my experience and a lot of them merely require you to live or work in the area nowadays.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmaul1114']Most banks only do it free for their customers these days. And then usually only if they have a machine in the lobby where you do it yourself and take a receipt to the teller to get cash or deposit into your account.[/QUOTE]

I've heard about the coinstar trick, but I don't care enough about $2 to try it and get kicked out of Food Lion. I'm a suntrust member, that's why I was going to go there, but they don't have machines anymore and apparently charge a nominal fee to send your coins off and have them added to your account regardless of how much change you have, which is fucked and not worth it for my ~$20.

My girlfriend said her bank has them, so I'll just go there.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I could use some baked spaghetti right now. I love that shit.[/QUOTE]

I was just saying I wanted some spaghetti.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well the PS Store would have to come back first. I'm sure we'll find out how when it does.

And are you back now shnookums?[/QUOTE]
for the most part, yeah. I'll be back on Skype on like Saturday. I'm working 5 days a week, and have to be up at 530am for work :(

Jimbo, I ended up going to Pats. It was really good, but it wasn't outstanding. I felt like it was on par with the Philly Cheesesteaks I've had in NYC.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I could use some baked spaghetti right now. I love that shit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']I was just saying I wanted some spaghetti.[/QUOTE]
You guys head over here and I'd make you some up, mang.

[quote name='linkpwns']for the most part, yeah. I'll be back on Skype on like Saturday.[/QUOTE]

So does this mean you got your stuff back, or are you still using your sister's laptop?

Hey uraizen, you seen this SSF4AE PC ish?

If you aren’t signed in to an online GFWL profile, the offline mode has limited functionality. Obviously there’s no online play, access to replay channels or other online-centric features (and this is the part that keeps the online play secure from hackers or pirates). Additionally, you won’t be able to save any progress in challenges or settings, won’t have access to any DLC you’ve purchased and all local play will be restricted to 15 of the 39 characters.

--

:rofl:

Speaking of Capcom, they'll be showing DmC at E3. :whee:

The only crap part is that fact that it is on steam and uses GFWL. That is what annoys me, but shit man, I got myself an awesome PC, need to play SSF4 AE at 60+ fps so I can hit those links.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey uraizen, you seen this SSF4AE PC ish?

If you aren’t signed in to an online GFWL profile, the offline mode has limited functionality. Obviously there’s no online play, access to replay channels or other online-centric features (and this is the part that keeps the online play secure from hackers or pirates). Additionally, you won’t be able to save any progress in challenges or settings, won’t have access to any DLC you’ve purchased and all local play will be restricted to 15 of the 39 characters.[/QUOTE]

I was bitching about it in the FGT chat a while ago. Capcom really wants a reason to not give us games on the PC anymore. I can see it now, "Well, you guys didn't buy the last one, guess you don't want them anymore." Shit is gonna be cracked within days after release anyway.

[quote name='distgfx']I was bitching about it in the FGT chat a while ago. Capcom really wants a reason to not give us games on the PC anymore. I can see it now, "Well, you guys didn't buy the last one, guess you don't want them anymore."[/QUOTE]

It's almost as bad as the "gotta be connected to the internet to play" DRM on bionic commando rearmed 2 or final fight double impact.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's almost as bad as the "gotta be connected to the internet to play" DRM on bionic commando rearmed 2 or final fight double impact.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Hate shitty DRM.[/QUOTE]

Well... on the bright side, it's not as bad as Ubisoft's shitty DRM ... I guess.

EDIT: Correction, BCR2 and FFDI is, but not AE's.

They should make it so you have to be signed in to XBL on 360 SSFIV AE also. I know more people that pirate on 360 than PC.

Gotta treat everyone equally, IMO.

[quote name='linkpwns']for the most part, yeah. I'll be back on Skype on like Saturday. I'm working 5 days a week, and have to be up at 530am for work :(

Jimbo, I ended up going to Pats. It was really good, but it wasn't outstanding. I felt like it was on par with the Philly Cheesesteaks I've had in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Conformist!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']They should make it so you have to be signed in to XBL on 360 SSFIV AE also. I know more people that pirate on 360 than PC.

Gotta treat everyone equally, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Would definitely be fair, but we all know how Capcom LOVES PC gaming. We have to get preferential treatment.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']They should make it so you have to be signed in to XBL on 360 SSFIV AE also. I know more people that pirate on 360 than PC.

Gotta treat everyone equally, IMO.[/QUOTE]
I know a lot more people that pirate on PC. I have multiple friends that haven't bought a game in years, even. I've only met 2-3 people that pirate on 360.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know a lot more people that pirate on PC. I have multiple friends that haven't bought a game in years, even. I've only met 2-3 people that pirate on 360.[/QUOTE]

My experience is the same as Hank's.

Oh yeah, I know lots of people that use Custom FirmWare for their PSPs. It's funny, everyone I know that does it have all the Pokemon games and still mod their PSPs to play Pokemon.

My experience is way more like Joel's too.

but yeah PSP was probably the most modded non-pc gaming device I can think of (or Dreamcast)

Isn't that kind of the only thing to do with PSP now that it's dead outside of Monster Hunter? Also considering that they're going to release PSP Remastered games on PS3, it doesn't seem like a platform worth playing.

I rented LA Noire...I get what it's trying to do. I really do. But um...it's not working. As someone who loves Phoenix Wright, I see no appeal to this outside of the aesthetic. Pick up item, look at item, ask questions, present evidence, drive (if you want). The writing isn't all that great for the meat of the gameplay. I feel like it should have a flow chart where if you ask one question and get an answer it should probably railroad you to build up tension. Everything's either 'okay I believe you' or 'you lying piece of shit.' Can it be any more binary than this?

I only spent a buck on it, so I'll return it tomorrow. I won't be picking it up on the cheap anytime soon.

[quote name='ihadFG']My experience is like Joel's, but I don't doubt that piracy is still pretty huge on 360 as well.[/QUOTE]

PC piracy has to be more rampant as it's just a matter of downloading hacked games, where as on the consoles you generally need a modded machine to play pirated game so there's an extra step involved.

But I'm sure piracy is very high on all consoles for sure. It's just going to be highest where ever it's easiest.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The difference is, Dreamcast didn't need to be modded. ^__^[/QUOTE]
I agree.

Man, this all reminds me of back when there used to be a mod-shop in my town. They opened when the PS1 came out and would mod your shit to do just about anything it could do. They started modding 360s when they launched, but soon got into some serious legal trouble and had to shut down.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm diggin' this PA game. Especially when I got it for $1.50.[/QUOTE]
*high fives!*

I'm glad you're liking it, Frosty! Those games are probably some of my most favorite RPGs this gen.

[quote name='dmaul1114']PC piracy has to be more rampant as it's just a matter of downloading hacked games, where as on the consoles you generally need a modded machine to play pirated game so there's an extra step involved.

But I'm sure piracy is very high on all consoles for sure. It's just going to be highest where ever it's easiest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I completely agree. I think PC piracy is more rampant than on consoles for sure due to both the ease of it and the general userbase. PC gamers tend to be more tech-savvy on average than console gamers.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, I completely agree. I think PC piracy is more rampant than on consoles for sure due to both the ease of it and the general userbase. PC gamers tend to be more tech-savvy on average than console gamers.[/QUOTE]

And yet, even though this is true, most of my friends pirate games for the 360 instead of PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit guys, it is a monsoon outside. I seriously went off the road and at one point all I could see was pure rain and the orange road construction markers on the sides of the road.

[quote name='distgfx']And yet, even though this is true, most of my friends pirate games for the 360 instead of PC.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying that you think piracy is a bigger problem overall on 360 than PC, or are you saying that your friends seem to go against the overall pattern?

[quote name='ihadFG']Are you implying that you think piracy is a bigger problem overall on 360 than PC, or are you saying that your friends seem to go against the overall pattern?[/QUOTE]

Just my friends, but there's no denying piracy is really bad on both platforms. I'm merely describing my own experience with piracy.

[quote name='distgfx']And yet, even though this is true, most of my friends pirate games for the 360 instead of PC.[/QUOTE]

That's hardly a representative sample though.

None of my friends pirate games on PC or consoles that I'm aware of. Doesn't mean piracy is rare.

It's a small sample as I only have a couple friends who are big into games, and the rest are very casual gamers--like buy Madden and maybe one or two other games a year like Call of Duty or Halo.

For whatever reason, you happen to know more 360 pirates. Do you happen to know more people who are avid console gamers than avid pc gamers or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back