GGT 138 might be the one that finally gets us shut down

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, it's really something I wouldn't take a risk on unless I know ahead of time the kind of thing I'd be getting out of it (either due to them telling me, or me having trust in the developer). Like the LA Noire Rockstar Pass thing for example. I knew I would be saving money in the long run because they told us ahead of time exactly what we would be getting.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it really depends on the game. I mean, would you pay for a Season Pass for Dark Sector? :rofl:

[quote name='distgfx']Yea, it really depends on the game. I mean, would you pay for a Season Pass for Dark Sector? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Of course.

Not really, though I did actually like Dark Sector.

[quote name='ihadFG']Of course.

[/QUOTE]

I would like it better if it worked properly on PC, feels like a half-assed bayonetta-level PS3 port. The bastard won't even display properly. You can brute force a poorly optimized PC game to run properly, but you can't fix what's broke from the start. =(

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, on a technical level, the game felt like a huge improvement. And as far as the story goes, I think you'll continue to like it since it's pretty character-focused. The reused environments didn't bother me, but I know that's a pretty common complaint for a lot of other people.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it feels like they fixed a lot of problems from the first game. I think this probably wasn't hurt by the fact that they streamlined a lot of the menus, and in general have made the game more natural feeling on a console (although the original game wouldn't have been so bad if there had been fewer menus or if there was less slowdown going between menus). I'm glad to hear the story is character focused, because that is my favorite type of story.

Another thing that I just remembered that I like in DA2 is that it does a decent job of auto setting up tactics for new abilities; where as in the first game any time you got a new ability I remember having to set it up myself which was a bit of a pain.

[quote name='distgfx']I would like it better if it worked properly on PC, feels like a half-assed bayonetta-level PS3 port. The bastard won't even display properly. You can brute force a poorly optimized PC game to run properly, but you can't fix what's broke from the start. =([/QUOTE]

You could get a 360 copy for under $5 probably.

[quote name='Indignate']This is stuck in my head. I can only blame Rei.[/QUOTE]

I counter with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AE2pe5LDgE

[quote name='ihadFG']You could get a 360 copy for under $5 probably.[/QUOTE]

Too late now, I don't have any interest in it. I tried the 360 one at one point anyway, it wasn't bad, but certainly nothing I would ever finish.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']

I hate it too. It looks like complete shit. It makes me sad, but I haven't cared about Gundam in awhile. I like Unicorn, but before that the last Gundam I liked was probably 8th MS Team.[/QUOTE]
There is always Gundam: the origin...

[quote name='ihadFG']Of course.

[/QUOTE]

I liked it too. It was a better RE4 styled game than RE5.

I bet I enjoy Alone in the Dark more than RE5.

I really hate RE5.

[quote name='j-cart']You are not the only one.[/QUOTE]

BUT ITZ FUN IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS! LOLOLOL!
Had to be done.

That game was not worth the co-oping.

Seriously people would bitch about what weapons they would be using and such. Sad that RE5 was so much meh that Dead Space's "okay" felt like a "THIS IS ACTUALLY AWESOME."

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah that's true. I mean I am fine saving money, but for a lot of games I am wondering if all they offer is things like map packs, are they safe to take a chance on it if the game loses it's online community in 1-2 months.

Now if they did stuff like this for Borderlands 2 or Skyrim, I would day one shit like that.[/QUOTE]

You can apply that logic to any game though. Some gamers spend more time playing Call of Duty MP than others do playing RPGs. For them, Map packs are worth the money.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is an obvious fucking lie, because if you had any balls, you would've broken up with your borderline-tranny, psychopath girlfriend months ago.[/QUOTE]
You know I almost broke up so I could post it as the title of the new GGT yesterday, but then I saw you had made the GGT so I decided to let it wait for another time.

Deathspank 3, ya'll! It's gonna be the same Deathspank experience! Ready to get bored of fetchquests and almost laugh at almost funny jokes?

Oh yes, because I am 100% serious. ;)

Edit: Almost done with both RE: Mercs and DOA and I'm beginning to thing that I will never go back to DOA. While it's better than SSFIV it just doesn't feel like it's good enough to hold my attention for much longer. I need MK3DS.

Double edit: Trying to catch up on the podcasts I've been neglecting over the past 2-3 weeks due to life is harder than I thought. I've been listening since yesterday and I still have 17 and a half goddamn hours. The world should have subtitles so I can get this shit out of the waaaay.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']I liked it too. It was a better RE4 styled game than RE5.

I bet I enjoy Alone in the Dark more than RE5.

I really hate RE5.[/QUOTE]

I liked RE5 even if it was disappointing after the greatness that was RE4.

I'll get it for 400 points or less when it's on sale. :rofl:
I'm currently in a points deficit and don't feel like buying Allards.
As much as I love 3SOE, I didn't bother to buy it on both platforms yet... and I can feel the deathstare from Uraizen for this already. :rofl:

[quote name='ihadFG']I liked RE5 even if it was disappointing after the greatness that was RE4.[/QUOTE]
This.

After I got over the disappointment, when I revisited it with the PS3 Gold edition I was more than happy with it; I had a blast and even spent the time to platinum it. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'll get it for 400 points or less when it's on sale. :rofl:
I'm currently in a points deficit and don't feel like buying Allards.
[/QUOTE]
I feel the same. I just don't feel like buying any MSP right now.

I'll get Radiant Silvergun day 1 for sure. I've been looking forward to it since they announced it was coming to XBLA. And Ikaruga is pretty much my favorite shmup, so I'd like to play its spiritual predecessor.

[quote name='Chacrana']Radiant Silvergun HD is out on September 14th.

http://twitter.com/arcadeotaku/status/108494283413266432

Which means that y'all are buying Radiant Silvergun on September 14th.[/QUOTE]

That's my birthday! :D

Yeah, I'm not dead to this thread, mo' fuckas.
fuck y'all.

I stole my sister's computer chair cause she a bitch!
And her and my mom decided to both destroy their laptops at the same time. So as compensation for attempting to fix them (which was impossible. It looks like they dropped them both off a three story building with bricks attached...), I stole her fucking chair.
I mean, it's not like I asked, but whatever.
I'm gonna make sure I've got cash in my account and buy Human Revolution today too! :D

Is it true that it plays better with a controller than with a keyboard/mouse?

Also, what do y'all $$$$as think of this RAM?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-083011-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20233198-L01C

[quote name='panzerfaust']I know Square Enix doesn't excel at making PC titles that control well..

j-cart has deus on PC ya?[/QUOTE]

He and uraizen do.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']

Edit: Almost done with both RE: Mercs and DOA and I'm beginning to thing that I will never go back to DOA. While it's better than SSFIV it just doesn't feel like it's good enough to hold my attention for much longer. I need MK3DS.
[/QUOTE]

Didn't everyone tell you not to bother with DOA?

[quote name='distgfx']Minerva's Den was legit as fuck and is the prime example of what DLC should be. It was better than the damned campaign itself.[/QUOTE]

Actually playing through it at the moment. It's certainly as good as the main campaign but I feel like it's building to something great.

I've said it before but it needs to be restated. Bioshock 2 is probably the best sub-$15 game I've ever bought this gen.

EDIT - and thank god that we're getting Radiant Silvergun. I'm one of the lucky ones that has a Saturn copy but the thing skyrocketed in value to the point that I don't even like touching the case let alone playing the game. See also - Rondo of Blood before the VC port.

I still really need to play bioshock 2...

I'm gonna go play some Catherine before going to the gym and running some errands.
I can't be too far from finished with that game. I'm up to the 7th night.

Panzer: If you are asking if the game works on PC, the answer is Yes. Very well at it too. I played Batman AA with m+kb and it worked fine aswell. It is published by SE, Eidos Montreal was the development team. Nixxes was the team that did the PC version. The game supports gamepads too, but this is one where the m+kb feels much better.

[quote name='linkpwns']That's my birthday! :D

Yeah, I'm not dead to this thread, mo' fuckas.
fuck y'all.

I stole my sister's computer chair cause she a bitch!
And her and my mom decided to both destroy their laptops at the same time. So as compensation for attempting to fix them (which was impossible. It looks like they dropped them both off a three story building with bricks attached...), I stole her fucking chair.
I mean, it's not like I asked, but whatever.
I'm gonna make sure I've got cash in my account and buy Human Revolution today too! :D

Is it true that it plays better with a controller than with a keyboard/mouse?

Also, what do y'all $$$$as think of this RAM?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-083011-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20233198-L01C[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex only plays better with a controller if you're playing on consoles and have no choice. Otherwise, using one would be like identifying yourself as a Chechen to me or Hank. Unwise.

RAM looks decent. Go get it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Didn't everyone tell you not to bother with DOA?[/QUOTE]
I don't remember anyone mentioning DOA, and I would've bought it anyways because I'm a DOA fan. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it doesn't have enough modes or anything else to really keep itself in my rotation.

Corsair is one of the best RAM companies out there. I always use them in builds, no problems. Get it.

If you are a Chechen, then you are worth less to me than the cockroaches that will be crawling over the corpses of your people after being forced to Slamdance for a week straight.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Corsair is one of the best RAM companies out there. I always use them in builds, no problems. Get it.

If you are a Chechen, then you are worth less to me than the cockroaches that will be crawling over the corpses of your people after being forced to Slamdance for a week straight.[/QUOTE]

They are a form of cretin so worthless that you could not even trade the skins of 42,000 of them for a single Snickers bar.

[quote name='Chacrana']They are a form of cretin so worthless that you could not even trade the skins of 42,000 of them for a single Snickers bar.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the market on them has fallen. Jew skins, on the other hand, have increased in value exponentially. I just traded 100 of them for a Zagnut bar.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Indeed, the market on them has fallen. Jew skins, on the other hand, have increased in value exponentially. I just traded 100 of them for a Zagnut.[/QUOTE]

At the grocery store, I was told that they are not accepted, living or dead.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Bayonetta 2 announcement this week? :whee:[/QUOTE]

They are going to announce that it has been canceled.

Or it's for 3DS. Which means it should be canceled.

[quote name='Chacrana']At the grocery store, I was told that they are not accepted, living or dead.[/QUOTE]

I had to sell them on ze Black Market, where Linkpwns works.

I traded them there for ze Zagnut and some organic milk and bananas.

Guardian Heroes is tomorrow.

To make it simple: if you don't buy this game, you are a $$$$$$.

which means you suck dick and aren't a girl.

bread's done
Back