GGT 157 Thinks Black Friday is Racist, Doesn't Give a Damn That DarkNessBear Is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarkNessBear']That sounds delicious. :drool:

I'll probably have to say baked mac n cheese (crunchy on top bizzness!) or maybe the greenbean casserole... but nobody ever makes it good...[/QUOTE]
It's fantastic! It's my family's newest Thanksgiving dish too, we only got the recipe about 10 years ago and we've been making it ever since. You should really try it out sometime!

I've never had baked mac, I think I'll see about making some today. I don't really like Green Beans and last year we tried making Green bean casserole fo the first time, but it turned out horrible.

I just beat Skyward Sword. Took roughly 39 hours to beat. The final 3 hours were probably the finest in Zelda History, dungeon, build up to the final boss and the final boss included. All stupendously done

I'm sitting here with Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Uncharted 3, and metroid: the other M in my cart for best buy for a total of $70.

Also contemplating Orcs must die from the steam sale.

And Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Gatling Gears for the PSN sale.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just beat Skyward Sword. Took roughly 39 hours to beat. The final 3 hours were probably the finest in Zelda History, dungeon, build up to the final boss and the final boss included. All stupendously done[/QUOTE]

Dude, seriously what do you do besides game? I want your free time.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm sitting here with Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Uncharted 3, and metroid: the other M in my cart for best buy for a total of $70.

Also contemplating Orcs must die from the steam sale.

And Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Gatling Gears for the PSN sale.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed Orcs and Uncharted 3.

The price is pretty good on AC:R, but I'm not interested; I was sick of Ezio by the end of ACII, so I never played AC:B and even though I read the story, I'm not overly interested in any of the locations in the new game, so I'll probably skip it.

Can't common on Other M, but now that you mention them, I'm going to have to go look at Dungeon Hunter Aliance and Gatling Gears to see if they're worthwhile to me.

Edit: Gatling Gears looks like a negative, but I'm intrigued by Dungeon Hunter Alliance.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I grabbed Orcs and Uncharted 3.
[/QUOTE]

Same. Now I'm hoping to get Dark Souls, Yakuza 4, and Rayman Origins tomorrow.

I thought you were only getting "UN CHARTED 3" if you could borrow it from a friend, Frosty?

Steam sales are boring now, as I won't buy anything until the last day unless they're a daily deal.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I thought you were only getting "UN CHARTED 3" if you could borrow it from a friend, Frosty?

Steam sales are boring now, as I won't buy anything until the last day unless they're a daily deal.[/QUOTE]

For $30, I can beat it in a week and sell it, possibly for more than I paid.
*checks half.com*
Yup, buy for $30, sell for $40. I'm okay with that.
I'll get my UN CHARTED 3 trophies and hock it just like I did with UN CHARTED 2. :bouncy::cool:

Edit: Nice -- there are no stupid fucking multiplayer trophies in it. ^_^

[quote name='ihadFG']Same. Now I'm hoping to get Dark Souls, Yakuza 4, and Rayman Origins tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that the Yakuza 4 was going to be walmart.com available and hoped it would be available today... no luck there, I guess?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I grabbed Orcs and Uncharted 3.

The price is pretty good on AC:R, but I'm not interested; I was sick of Ezio by the end of ACII, so I never played AC:B and even though I read the story, I'm not overly interested in any of the locations in the new game, so I'll probably skip it.

Can't common on Other M, but now that you mention them, I'm going to have to go look at Dungeon Hunter Aliance and Gatling Gears to see if they're worthwhile to me.

Edit: Gatling Gears looks like a negative, but I'm intrigued by Dungeon Hunter Alliance.[/QUOTE]

I ended up picking up Orcs Must Die. I'm generally not a TD fan, but TD games are starting to branch out and be more interesting (see: Trenched). Demo was fun.

I ended up Ordering AC:R (Christmas Gift from my girlfriend), Uncharted, and The Other M. For $5, the Other M can't be THAT bad.

EDIT: Goddamn, everytime I boot up dat calladuty there is another patch. Damn slave drivers over there at IW.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
I was hoping that the Yakuza 4 was going to be walmart.com available and hoped it would be available today... no luck there, I guess?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they'll add it tonight if we're lucky.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I ended up picking up Orcs Must Die. I'm generally not a TD fan, but TD games are starting to branch out and be more interesting (see: Trenched). Demo was fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I felt the same way. TD games usually feel the same to me, but these actiony ones that have come out lately have given it some new life. Trenched especially was amazing. And I enjoyed the Orcs demo enough to get it for

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Weird, but good for people who don't want to buy:

Tekken Hybrid dosn't play the games off disc. You gotta install them... ie if you rent the movie/game you can own Prologue and TTT HD[/QUOTE]

Do the games run without the disc in the machine?

Because Medal of Honor installed the MOH 2002 PS2 game but you still had to have the disc in to play it.

[quote name='linkpwns']Joshyyyy, they got dat Dark Souls on amazon for 31 today! Make sure you get it![/QUOTE]

That's a great fucking price. Especially with patch 1.05 out now -- anyone who ever had any interest in it, remotely or otherwise, should buy it for $31 if they don't have it.

[quote name='ihadFG']Maybe they'll add it tonight if we're lucky.

Yeah, I felt the same way. TD games usually feel the same to me, but these actiony ones that have come out lately have given it some new life. Trenched especially was amazing. And I enjoyed the Orcs demo enough to get it for

[quote name='linkpwns']Joshyyyy, they got dat Dark Souls on amazon for 31 today! Make sure you get it![/QUOTE]

Actually it's $34.99 now. It's supposed to be $31.99 tomorrow.

[quote name='ihadFG']Actually it's $34.99 now. It's supposed to be $31.99 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I don't think $3 should make that big a difference. :p

--

Nothing on steam for me today; I own anything I'd be remotely interested already thanks to previous sales... :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't think $3 should make that big a difference. :p

--

Nothing on steam for me today; I own anything I'd be remotely interested already thanks to previous sales... :lol:[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this. When you have nothing on Steam, then the sales are amazing.

When you have a bunch of shit already, then it's usually underwhelming.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't think $3 should make that big a difference. :p
[/QUOTE]

Well it's not that I wouldn't pay $34.99. It's just that if I can get it for $3 less tomorrow, I might as well.

There's a couple things that are cheaper than I paid, like Fallout:NV, but yeah, pretty much... wonder if the major discount on F:NV applies to DLC too... then I might have something to buy. If not, oh well, I already bought UN CHARTED 3 and an LED TV today, so I'm doing okay. Next up, as stated, is Yakuza 4.

New Vegas was... odd.

A note-for-note remake of Fallout 2, without the Rousseau-esque underpinning of the Black Isle games.

I liked it, by-and-large. Obsidian's level design is a little clumsy at times, though.

[quote name='whoknows']Corpse Party is radical.

And it was $6 off thanks to that free credit from Sony :cool:[/QUOTE]

I didn't bring my PSP back home with me this weekend just cuz I have so much other shit to do besides play das games, but I did buy it before I left. So I'd consider that a victory.

Thx for the $6 off, Sony. And you idiots thought I was going to use it to watch movies on your shitty PSN store.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm thankful for these two Xbox component cables I have.[/QUOTE]

I'm thankful for the box that jimbo will never send you.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm thankful for my 3DS[/QUOTE]
I'm thankful for
Sonic 2006.
[quote name='Chacrana']Hoarder.[/QUOTE]
I tossed them in the pile with my three Pelican adapters and two Virtua Stick High Grades.
[quote name='distgfx']I'm thankful for the box that jimbo will never send you.[/QUOTE]
I think I'll have to withhold this 3 and a half hours of Double XP Dew points until I receive said box.

My friends all left CA for the holidays but gave me the keys to their place so I could play games (since my stuff is still in a warehouse in NY somewhere). Went for a run early in the afternoon (probably was like a 30-40 minute run). And now I'm making tofu curry for thanksgiving, going to have that, rice, curry bread, and pumpkin pie.

Thanksgiving is a bust for me, but on par with whoknows. I had
white rice and some chow mein from a can.
It wasn't very good. =(

There is a fairly awesome (at least I think it is) ramen place near where my mom lives in Denver, CO. I seem to go there every holiday when I'm back visiting.

I saw a ramen place in Berkeley when I was walking around, I'll probably have to try it sometime.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']So icebeast is homeless eh[/QUOTE]

I have a home, there just isn't a TV there. I have the internet setup at my new place though, and a bed (since I didn't have a bed before (used to sleep on a futon)). I was actually going to do laundry at my friends place and take that stuff over this weekend and start sleeping at my place this weekend (coming over to my friends' place during the day to play video games).

I've been getting back into Puzzle Quest 2 again, restarted that on my 9 hour plane trip here, and I was really liking that. And I'm still working on Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations. So I actually do have a couple handheld games to work on. But I might want to put some more time into Skyrim, I could bring my laptop and play WoW or LoL at my new place though which are the two PC games I've been playing a bit.

Finally got Nidalee in LoL, and she is totally awesome

Trials and Tribulations is the best Phoenix Wright IMO.

Unrelated I ate too many Twizzlers and now my stomach is angry with me.

I wanted you to be homeless so I could make this joke:

Bet you're regretting spending so much on a closet full of scarves and hair product, eh?

Anyway, are Tactics Ogre PSP and Ys: Oath in whatever worth 12ish dollars apiece?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I wanted you to be homeless so I could make this joke:

Bet you're regretting spending so much on a closet full of scarves and hair product, eh?[/QUOTE]

I bought a pair of these yesterday, can't wait to wear them (have to wait for them to ship though):
vans-x-hello-kitty-06.jpg

I also got these too:
9447934_11291395_trimmed.jpg

Hey icebeezy, you think you could skip buying pink clothing for a month and use that budget to pay my college tuition in full? It'd be swell.

I think I'm gonna allow myself 1 (1) Black Friday game purchase.

[quote name='whoknows']Trials and Tribulations is the best Phoenix Wright IMO.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']Ys is.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back