GGT 160 gets to be best man at ihadFG and Linkpwns' wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']Still laughing over Metal Gear Rising being done by Platinum Games.

Now there's zero reason to even consider DmC or Ng3.[/QUOTE]

I watched some video of the second stage of NG3 the other day and I still want to try it out when they're done. I won't touch DmC with a 20 foot pole until it's less than $20 and reports actually say it's fun or worthwhile.

The trailer for MGSR looked like a mess, when they showed actual gameplay, but I liked 2 of their 4 games published by Sega, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see concrete evidence of suckitude.

However, if DMC is dying, I'm more than stoked to have a potential Bayonetta/Vanquish in the MGS universe with Raiden as the main character.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I go dat Saints Row 3 today. Can't wait to play it![/QUOTE]

You should be ashamed of yourself. :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I watched some video of the second stage of NG3 the other day and I still want to try it out when they're done. I won't touch DmC with a 20 foot pole until it's less than $20 and reports actually say it's fun or worthwhile.

The trailer for MGSR looked like a mess, when they showed actual gameplay, but I liked 2 of their 4 games published by Sega, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see concrete evidence of suckitude.

However, if DMC is dying, I'm more than stoked to have a potential Bayonetta/Vanquish in the MGS universe with Raiden as the main character.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I just want it to be a good game since we know DmC will be trash and Ng3 will probably be trash.

Enemies begging for their lives? Come on, that's not Ninja Gaiden. :roll:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Agreed. I just want it to be a good game since we know DmC will be trash and Ng3 will probably be trash.

Enemies begging for their lives? Come on, that's not Ninja Gaiden. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sure it is if you're killing humans -- take off an arm or a leg and they'd probably beg you to either spare them or kill them. :lol:

Regardless, I didn't see any begging in the second stage runthrough that was posted.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sure it is if you're killing humans -- take off an arm or a leg and they'd probably beg you to either spare them or kill them. :lol:

Regardless, I didn't see any begging in the second stage runthrough that was posted.[/QUOTE]
Maybe only the weak enemies beg.

Did you ever play NG2? Losing arms and legs or even a whole torso didn't stop anyone from suicide bombing your ass. ^__^

[quote name='whoknows']Ghost fish are his one weakness.[/QUOTE]
Everyone dies the first time they run into them. It's lulz.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Fixed. ACR can't be that bad. :p[/QUOTE]
It's true that I have no shame, but really ACR is pretty bad.

It's finally expanded to that point where just trying to do simple shit in the game is hard and it for some reason decided to mix turf wars from San Andreas with fucking ACB gameplay elements. And the whole Desmond face change thing still makes me rage to a level that is ridiculous.

I like ACR. I ignored the Desmond parts because he's a horrible and uninteresting character and I ignored the tower defense stuff because I wasn't interested.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's true that I have no shame, but really ACR is pretty bad.

It's finally expanded to that point where just trying to do simple shit in the game is hard and it for some reason decided to mix turf wars from San Andreas with fucking ACB gameplay elements. And the whole Desmond face change thing still makes me rage to a level that is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Have fun earning respect. :bouncy:

[quote name='whoknows']I like ACR. I ignored the Desmond parts because he's a horrible and uninteresting character and I ignored the tower defense stuff because I wasn't interested.[/QUOTE]I hate him too, but the whole Niko Bellic face swap thing is literally the worst thing ever.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Have fun earning respect. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I WILL! I'll just waltz onto the scene and bukkake allllll over bitches as Baron Clive Kraken!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I hate him too, but the whole Niko Bellic face swap thing is literally the worst thing ever.[/QUOTE]

The change did come with better facial animation though. It was laughably bad in the other games.

Got a lot done with games this weekend. Finished up DA: Awakenings, fun experience and all my characters were OP as fuck.

Had a friend send me Yakuza 4 as an early christmas present. Hyped to get on that game, but Star Wars is this week and officially next week. I expect my social life to become non-existent.

Whoknows is mad at me for drinking alcohol with minors. I believe he is unjustified in his anger and is in fact jealous of my cool status with the young kids.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I hate him too, but the whole Niko Bellic face swap thing is literally the worst thing ever.

I WILL! I'll just waltz onto the scene and bukkake allllll over bitches as Baron Clive Kraken![/QUOTE]

What is all this talk about face swaps?

[quote name='BlueScrote']What is all this talk about face swaps?[/QUOTE]

They definitely changed Elena's face in Uncharted 3, but I think they're talking about changing Desmond in ACR.

Ahhahaha, of course they are.

Who are they and what are they doing?
Capcom is they.
And they're shipping UMvC3 PSV with REPLAY. :rofl:

fucking asshats. Let's see if they patch it into the console version with Heroes and Heralds on 12/19. I'll be surprised if they do. Though it would have been killer for those 2 icebeast Shuma comeback victories on Joel.

(Icebeast, stick with Shuma. He can be the bringer of tentacles to the other females on your team. :p)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Seriously, I wish UMvC3 did have replay functionality like Third Strike! Those Icebeezy Shuma fights were freaking great![/QUOTE]

I think I was still laughing by the time my match against him started after you THC'ed his dying XF3 shuma and he did hyper mystic smash on reaction and just fuckED YOUR SHIT UP. :lol:

GGT-EVO moment #43. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'll be surprised if they do. Though it would have been killer for those 2 icebeast Shuma comeback victories on Joel.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Seriously, I wish UMvC3 did have replay functionality like Third Strike! Those Icebeezy Shuma fights were freaking great![/QUOTE]

Ya I wish I could have saved that comeback, it was amazing, haha.

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](Icebeast, stick with Shuma. He can be the bringer of tentacles to the other females on your team. :p)[/QUOTE]

Ya I still haven't decided on a team yet, but I do think I like Shuma, and he does have a beam long range assist which is what my team has mostly always been lacking. I'm still trying to figure out who else I really want to play, right now I'm kind of thinking Shuma, Nova (tentacles for males :whee:), and She-Hulk; but I think I want to give Jill a bit more time and see if I can figure her out (I don't like that she seems to have low health, but her speed is awesome).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think I was still laughing by the time my match against him started after you THC'ed his dying XF3 shuma and he did hyper mystic smash on reaction and just fuckED YOUR SHIT UP. :lol:

GGT-EVO moment #43. :cool:[/QUOTE]

:cool:

I'd pass on Jill, she is CRAZY hard to use effectively. She is right up there with Chun in being execution heavy. With the commitment it takes to get her to a competitive level you could develop a whole team.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'd pass on Jill, she is CRAZY hard to use effectively. She is right up there with Chun in being execution heavy. With the commitment it takes to get her to a competitive level you could develop a whole team.[/QUOTE]

Ya that is what I was worried about, She-Hulk is already fairly hard for me to use, so having another hard character to learn probably isn't a good idea (plus Jill can die instantly if you screw up), I have a feeling I'll stick to Nova since he has some combos which are fairly easy to pull off (his Ultra that can be used in the air is really nice).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']They definitely changed Elena's face in Uncharted 3, but I think they're talking about changing Desmond in ACR.[/QUOTE]

Can't say I really noticed her changed face. To me it just looked like the natural progression for higher-poly faces.

[quote name='whoknows']But you could have used the money for something more important.[/QUOTE]

I didn't spend any money.

And R3 is not important.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think I was still laughing by the time my match against him started after you THC'ed his dying XF3 shuma and he did hyper mystic smash on reaction and just fuckED YOUR SHIT UP. :lol:

GGT-EVO moment #43. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I should have been there. :nottalking:

[quote name='Indignate']I didn't spend any money.

And R3 is not important.[/QUOTE]

R3 is as important as your life.

Ugh, fucking pissed mang. I studied all night for my math final using the study guide we spent two class periods going over, and I HAD that shit. Got there today and the final was on completely different material. It was easier material, so I guess the professor was trying to be nice and give us an easier final, but since I didn't study it and it was random stuff from the middle of the semester I had no clue what to do and bombed the fuck out of it. Probably failing that class now because I needed to do good on this in order to pass.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Can't say I really noticed her changed face. To me it just looked like the natural progression for higher-poly faces.[/QUOTE]

Elena_U2_render.jpg

EF1.png

There's something different... It was distracting and not overly different, but different enough. I got used to it though by the second run through the game on crushing and still prefer her to that tramp Chloe any way you slice it. ;)

[quote name='icebeast']Ya that is what I was worried about, She-Hulk is already fairly hard for me to use, so having another hard character to learn probably isn't a good idea (plus Jill can die instantly if you screw up), I have a feeling I'll stick to Nova since he has some combos which are fairly easy to pull off (his Ultra that can be used in the air is really nice).[/QUOTE]

Nova is good. Hits like a "grown-ass man" to quote Yipes -- I found him to be floaty in the air and his magic series a bit hard to hit, but he's all around solid and i think you could learn to use him well from what I saw the other night. Jill is not for the feint of heart -- she's insane if you put time into her and have the execution necessary (surprised Uraizen doesn't use her, now that I think about it, he likes execution based characters)... she'd be a nightmare in XF3 mad beast if you were skilled enough to control her.

I know a lot of people dropped She-Hulk cause of her nerfs and shit, but if you like her enough stick with her.

I'm currently trying to figure out who to pair with Vergil | Dante | xxxx when I'm not using Morrigan. Currently thinking either Firebrand or Doom.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hit 40 hours into Skyrim last night. It's honestly one of the best games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

Did you NOT play Oblivion? Cause it's pretty much the same thing, but with dragons. Not that it's a bad thing, but my busted ass PS3 copy is getting on my nerves. :bomb:

So uh... I have extra Steam codes for Eets and Dino D-Day. What do I do with them?

All gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nova is good. Hits like a "grown-ass man" to quote Yipes -- I found him to be floaty in the air and his magic series a bit hard to hit, but he's all around solid and i think you could learn to use him well from what I saw the other night.

I know a lot of people dropped She-Hulk cause of her nerfs and shit, but if you like her enough stick with her.[/QUOTE]

Ya I remember trying the magic series for Nova and it being a little hard for his air combo, but I think if that thing hits you can get like 10 hits out of it (which seems like a bunch vs She-Hulk who only gets 8 hits for hers).

In regards to She-Hulk I really like her as a character and she is the major reason I decided to get Ultimate, since I wanted to play as her again, and I'm glad she's in the MvC3 series. I don't really notice too many of the nerfs, since I wasn't that experienced with her. But I do feel like the new stuff they gave her isn't very useful, the super armor on her Chariot isn't helpful because it takes multiple seconds to charge to that, and any player with a decent assist or ranged character can knock you out of it before you fully charge it. And her Lights Out move with the light pole isn't all that useful since she can't combo off of it herself (not sure if you use an assist if you can keep going, but using her alone it isn't really all that helpful, especially since it does a wall bounce and puts them fairly far away if you aren't near the edge of the screen which means you have to close the distance again.

Maybe I should look and see if anyone has created some videos of She-Hulk in UMvC3 and then I'll get more of a sense of the changes and how to play her. Overall I think I need to get better at really using all her Chariot moves, both the ones where she goes back to the wall and her forward ones (especially her slide one which sets her up for her Ultra). And I need to get better at remembering to use her stun move since if you get lucky and land that you basically get a free combo.

Oh I also don't like She-Hulks 3-bar ultra, still not sure exactly how that thing works so that it does full damage and she throws the car on the person instead of it just driving by (I think it is just how close you are) but I haven't ever really figured out how to combo that. I also need to get better with my execution since I tend to still accidently do She-Hulk's throw ultra (SRK motion) when I mean to do Emerald Cannon (QCF motion), and I should get better at actually using the throw ultra on characters that are jumping in or in the air.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hit 40 hours into Skyrim last night. It's honestly one of the best games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

Almost 17 hours here. It is enjoyable, yes. I dunno about best games I ever played, but I'm happy right now.

[quote name='diddy310']Someone needs to put UMVC3 on sale already so I can play it for a week and then never look at it again.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Besides Skyrim, played more MW3. I guess the title of "Fastest media to $1 Billion" means we'll be seeing MW4,5,6 to infinity + infinite DLC, pay for online forevah-evah fo realz now.

[quote name='diddy310']Someone needs to put UMVC3 on sale already so I can play it for a week and then never look at it again.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, and I'll do the same.

I still need dat Skyrim.

[quote name='gunm']Agreed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Agreed, and I'll do the same.[/QUOTE]

Ya'll are cheap as fuck.
I waited too and snagged it on newegg for $20, LOL!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'd pass on Jill, she is CRAZY hard to use effectively. She is right up there with Chun in being execution heavy. With the commitment it takes to get her to a competitive level you could develop a whole team.[/QUOTE]

How much time did you play Oblivion?

I'm prob not playing Skyrim as much as most due to alot of moments of feeling like I'm playing Oblivion again, which isn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back