GGT 173 Finished A "Visual Novel" and is Ready For The Hard Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Since when has Soul Calibur been 3 rounds?[/QUOTE]

All 3D fighting games are all 3 out of 5 rounds.

enhanced-buzz-17285-1330457152-8.jpg

[quote name='j-cart']All 3D fighting games are all 3 out of 5 rounds.[/QUOTE]

Really? I absolutely do not remember that about soul calibur 1/2

[quote name='seanr1221']Blue, does the fitness thread sometimes scare you on Gaf?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sometimes the regulars are kind of idiots. And sometimes newcomers post dumb shit and don't want to take advice. I'm surprised at how many in that thread are fro the WNY area though. Are you going up in weight on squats every workout? I've been 3x5 @ 200 for 4 workouts, but I'm not sure if I want to move up to 205 since I feel like my form is slipping.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Yeah, sometimes the regulars are kind of idiots. And sometimes newcomers post dumb shit and don't want to take advice. [/QUOTE]
Sounds like the GGT. ^__^

[quote name='j-cart']All 3D fighting games are all 3 out of 5 rounds.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I don't think Tekken is unless you change the options in the menu.
Was VF4 that way?

Yeah, sometimes the regulars are kind of idiots. And sometimes newcomers post dumb shit and don't want to take advice. I'm surprised at how many in that thread are fro the WNY area though. Are you going up in weight on squats every workout? I've been 3x5 @ 200 for 4 workouts, but I'm not sure if I want to move up to 205 since I feel like my form is slipping.[/QUOTE]

My current numbers are...

Squats 205
Deadlift 210
Press 85
Bench 155
Row 150

I was doing Strong Lifts 5x5. I'm technically supposed to squat 3 times a week, but these two guys at the gym (who can squat 405 pounds with perfect form) sort of took me under their wings. They told me now that I'm over 200 to move it to a 3x5 and do squats, bench and row on Mondays/Fridays and Deadlift/press on Wednesdays.

I don't dare say this in the fitness thread, btw.

And yeah, I'm shaky as hell doing 205, going to try 210 tomorrow or saturday. If my form is off or I can only get 4 in, I'll probably de-load 10% and work my way back up to 210.

This dude in high school would only do deadlifts. He was at like 500 pounds, shit was lulz. Only doing deadlifts. We joked about him doing the 1000 pound deadlift of legend.

GGs to everybody tonight!

Josh and I bought the KZ3 MP thing on PSN+ for $7.50

Is anybody else interested in joining us? It's only that much for PSN+ members and comes with all the DLC.

Yes, we will actually play, for we are Josh and Uraizen.

I think it might be a limited time offer and expire soon, btw.

[quote name='distgfx']GGs to everybody tonight!

Josh and I bought the KZ3 MP thing on PSN+ for $7.50

Is anybody else interested in joining us? It's only that much for PSN+ members and comes with all the DLC.

Yes, we will actually play, for we are Josh and Uraizen.

I think it might be a limited time offer and expire soon, btw.[/QUOTE]

Done. Loved the multi when I owned the game, but wasn't playing enough to ignore the $25+ I got for trading to gamestop.
For $7.50, I'll bite. I wonder if the multiplayer trophies are all available and if my stats from the disc version carry over -- I had a pretty decently built up infiltrator.

[quote name='seanr1221']My current numbers are...

Squats 205
Deadlift 210
Press 85
Bench 155
Row 150

I was doing Strong Lifts 5x5. I'm technically supposed to squat 3 times a week, but these two guys at the gym (who can squat 405 pounds with perfect form) sort of took me under their wings. They told me now that I'm over 200 to move it to a 3x5 and do squats, bench and row on Mondays/Fridays and Deadlift/press on Wednesdays.

I don't dare say this in the fitness thread, btw.

And yeah, I'm shaky as hell doing 205, going to try 210 tomorrow or saturday. If my form is off or I can only get 4 in, I'll probably de-load 10% and work my way back up to 210.[/QUOTE]

Nice--my numbers are pretty similar

Squats 200
Deadlifts 290
Bench 155
Rows 120 (still going up every workout)
OHP 80 (form is still messed up on this one)

I think I still have KZ3 around somewhere. None of the DLC though..

[quote name='seanr1221']My current numbers are...

Squats 205
Deadlift 210
Press 85
Bench 155
Row 150
[/QUOTE]

WEAK.

Squats 200
Deadlifts 290
Bench 155
Rows 120 (still going up every workout)
OHP 80 (form is still messed up on this one)
[/QUOTE]

Got some awkward strength placement you weakling.

j-cart's stats 5'10 @ 173lbs

Squats 335lbs
Deadlift 405lbs
Bench 235lbs (my weakest :( )
OHP 135lbs (but I rep that because my right shoulder is surgically repaired, so i dont max it)
Clean 195lbs (this could be sooooooo much higher)
Pull ups 34 reps :D

I kid, you guys have some pretty good numbers, just keep at it. My numbers suck in terms of how long I have been lifting (7+ years) but I do plan to get a bit thinner, around 165lbs for my weight. I am expecting some of my numbers to go down again.

Best thing you guys can do is buy one of those pull up bars from tv and get yourself to 20+ pull ups, then everything will come together. Also push ups, do a lot of them, like 200+ a day, then 200lbs+ bench will be a reality in no time. My bench number is low for me because of my awkward surgically repaired right shoulder. I know I can get a higher number, but I just don't want to take the chances.

Hey, I'm only in week 8 ;)

What program did you do/start with?

Maybe I'll start doing some pushups when I watch the news in the morning. Thanks for the tip!

3D fighters weren't always 3 out of 5 rounds. It was adopted by the competitive scene years ago and then bled into the mainstream within the last few years.

[quote name='j-cart']WEAK.

Got some awkward strength placement you weakling.

j-cart's stats 5'10 @ 173lbs

Squats 335lbs
Deadlift 405lbs
Bench 235lbs (my weakest :( )
OHP 135lbs (but I rep that because my right shoulder is surgically repaired, so i dont max it)
Clean 195lbs (this could be sooooooo much higher)
Pull ups 34 reps :D

I kid, you guys have some pretty good numbers, just keep at it. My numbers suck in terms of how long I have been lifting (7+ years) but I do plan to get a bit thinner, around 165lbs for my weight. I am expecting some of my numbers to go down again.

Best thing you guys can do is buy one of those pull up bars from tv and get yourself to 20+ pull ups, then everything will come together. Also push ups, do a lot of them, like 200+ a day, then 200lbs+ bench will be a reality in no time. My bench number is low for me because of my awkward surgically repaired right shoulder. I know I can get a higher number, but I just don't want to take the chances.[/QUOTE]

My squat/deadlift numbers are so skewed because my body is basically built for deadlifting. Only 5'11'' but I have long ass monkey arms. I'm always surprised to learn when other 'gamers' are into lifting. It seems to fly in the face of the typical stereotype.

"Good Berries" is the dumbest fucking spell that has ever existed. I don't care if it's actually more useful than shit like infravision. It's still the stupidest thing ever.

So I went and read something about Mass Effect 3. I willingly put myself in danger of spoilers.

And it was totally worth it. Not spoilers ahead:

There's no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade: In Mass Effect 2, if you wanted to get the hardest Charm options, you had to play an almost completely Paragon character. We intended many of those Charms to be fun Easter eggs, but many players felt like they had to play pure Paragon to avoid being penalized by the loss of a dialog option. In Mass Effect 3, your Reputation score determines both Charm and Intimidate options, and that score is determined by adding your Paragon and Renegade scores together. You're still rewarded for being a completionist player and doing as much content as you can, but you can do it as a Paragon or Renegade player without penalty.

Perfect? No. But a billionty times better than what ME2 and ME1 used. Such a huge improvement. Like, if the charm/intimidate system in ME1 and 2 were "Good Berries", then ME3's system would be "Cure Major Wounds" or something.

[quote name='The Crotch']So I went and read something about Mass Effect 3. I willingly put myself in danger of spoilers.

And it was totally worth it. Not spoilers ahead:

Perfect? No. But a billionty times better than what ME2 and ME1 used. Such a huge improvement. Like, if the charm/intimidate system in ME1 and 2 were "Good Berries", then ME3's system would be "Cure Major Wounds" or something.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. That sounds like it fixes my biggest problem with the series.

[quote name='ihadFG']stupid fucking song[/QUOTE]

fuck

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Beats beats beats beats beats beats beats beats beats BEATS IN MAH HEAD[/QUOTE]

Off.

So I was playing Darksiders last night and the game was all "yo, go pik up dese scattered pieces of dis happinin plot device by exploin' da areas yah ben 2 already yeeeee!"

I turned the game off.

Did anything interesting happen in the last 200 post?

[quote name='panzerfaust']Darksiders is horrendous.[/QUOTE]

I liked Darksiders, it wasn't a perfect game and it mixed a lot of other ideas together (some working better than others). But I liked the setting a lot.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Who's picking up that 2 hour game game called Journey? It's $15 but I love pretentious games.[/QUOTE]

I'll be getting it, I really enjoyed Flower so I have high hopes for it. Plus, I know one of the developers who worked on it, since we went to college together.

Straight Talk:

Mass Effect 3 will be a great game with solid albeit stale gunplay. It will have some well-written characters that tend slightly towards pandering to guys in their late teens and early twenties. It will have good production values, but will be unable to break the perception that it's just trying too god damn hard to be like a movie. The plot itself will be solid but completely unremarkable except for one or two utterly stupid things that some people will defend against any criticism and some people will say totally ruined the series. Stuff that is carried over from previous saves will be more important than it was in ME2, but they won't do anything amazing with it. It will provide no significant challenge on any but the two highest difficulty settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back