GGT #18: We're legal! And waiting for you! Call us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='whoknows']I just want that game to come out so the incredibly stupid GS commercials go away.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing about Bioshock 2. They never end.

[quote name='diddy310']Was there a reason given why the game works on the Iphone 3GS but not the 3rd gen touch?[/QUOTE]

According to Cave, there's not enough memory on the older models to handle it.

is the third gen the most current ipod touch? if so, they're going to patch it to work with those. all this talk about games not working on older models sucks though, since the 3GS will get probably outdated this year or next year...hopefully next year when my contract is up.

played more SOTN tonight. got up to 196%. marked off the spots I need to hit on my map...which will probably add up to something frustrating like 200.3%

Yes, 3rd gen itouch is the most recent. I really have to wait until this stupid exclusivity deal with ATT ends (if it does any time soon) before I can even consider upgrading my 3G. Really don't want to change carriers and don't want to be forced into a data plan that is really unecessary with the built-in wifi features. Jailbreak is ok, but really not ideal due to the performance hit. At least with 3G, there's definitely a difference between my phone and my sister's unbroken one.

[quote name='whoknows']I just realized there hasn't been an Onimusha game yet this gen. I wonder if the series is dead now.[/QUOTE]
I doubt that Capcom will let it die. I expect a sequel to be announced sometime this next year.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I doubt that Capcom will let it die. I expect a sequel to be announced sometime this next year.[/QUOTE]

I hope they don't let it die, they're good games.

Onimusha 3 still has the best opening in any game ever.

[quote name='whoknows']Just played some Killzone online.

Killzone 1
[/QUOTE]

Not. Good.

I use to play KZ1 back when it launched and have to say I had a hard time enjoying it back then still.

Just got back from my graduation art show... fuck yes. My piece got good reception, partially because the room was filled with pugs that people could play with. Glad they behaved since they only had to crap on the floor twice and that was it.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']anyone else getting splinter cell conviction?[/QUOTE]
Getting the CE with some of my GS credit. I'll probably trade in GoW 3 for it as well.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I doubt that Capcom will let it die. I expect a sequel to be announced sometime this next year.[/QUOTE]
I was just wondering if the DMC series was done, myself.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']it was Apple's fault for segmenting the user base into useless (my phone), mostly useless (3g), and the rest.[/QUOTE]

How dare you besmirch Apple for you not upgrading your iPhone every year.

:nottalking:

Besides, their cycle of incremental annual upgrades is a carry over from the iPods. I eagerly await the backlash in 18 months or so when the recent iPads are almost useless. :bouncy:

[quote name='ninja dog']the 3GS will get probably outdated this year or next year...hopefully next year when my contract is up.
[/QUOTE]

Apple has been using a 2 year cycle of unnecessary feature blocking for their older phones(no MMS on 2G, no multitasking for 3G even though those are possible with jailbreaking)...assuming you bought the 3GS at launch.

[quote name='gunm']I really have to wait until this stupid exclusivity deal with ATT ends (if it does any time soon) before I can even consider upgrading my 3G. Really don't want to change carriers and don't want to be forced into a data plan that is really unecessary with the built-in wifi features. [/QUOTE]

There were rumors a few weeks back that a Verizon/Sptint iPhone was going into production in September with an unannounced release date.

And getting a smart phone w/o a data plan? Not in the US. Hell, some providers require data plans with 'dumb phones'. :roll:

[quote name='manthing']
There were rumors a few weeks back that a Verizon/Sptint iPhone was going into production in September with an unannounced release date.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping that turns out to be true. I've been holding off on upgrading my phone for a while now in hopes of a Verizon iphone. But right now I'm debating on upgrading my MP3 player. Do I stick with Zune and get a Zune HD? Or do I grab an ipod touch?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'm really hoping that turns out to be true. I've been holding off on upgrading my phone for a while now in hopes of a Verizon iphone. [/QUOTE]

When I said a Verizon/Sprint phone, I was referring to the cell tech both use. But the rumors were for a Verizon iPhone.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Do I stick with Zune and get a Zune HD? [/QUOTE]

Are you high or something?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Or do I grab an ipod touch?[/QUOTE]

Not until September, when Apple will intro whatever the newest iPhone does w/o the phone guts as the newest Touch.

[quote name='manthing']When I said a Verizon/Sprint phone, I was referring to the cell tech both use. But the rumors were for a Verizon iPhone.[/QUOTE]
I know I was reading those rumors as well.

Not until September, when Apple will intro whatever the newest iPhone does w/o the phone guts as the newest Touch.
Thanks, I'll wait until then to make a decision.

[quote name='pete5883']Very late to the party. I finally finished Half-life 2 on the GGT's recommendation. I got angry at it pretty frequently, but in the end it really is a great game. Towards the end, at least.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that I got angry with it... but even so, I merely thought it was average.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']anyone else getting splinter cell conviction?

getting it from amazon for $32 thanks to promo code+magic eca order[/QUOTE]

I'm picking it up through amazon as well

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't know that I got angry with it... but even so, I merely thought it was average.[/QUOTE]

The physics aren't as impressive as they were when HL2 launched but its still one of the most impressive uses of physics in gaming.

I beat RF:G last night. Good ending. Game was a LOT shorter than I expected. I'm not finished to 100%, but still, the story mode was really short. Especially towards the end of the game. It felt like the game was taking forever to get started in the beginning then when it got really good it finished fast. I wish there were more mechs, too.

I think I'm heading back into Saints Row 2 now.

Hey Mr. Beefy -- you have any tips for Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) -- rounds 2 and 4 seem useless, because you can't have a large combo with the titan(s) lumbering around. I got about 48k with a really sub-par round 3... I'm guessing I just need to do better there and in round 1. :|

How come movies/TV Series keep coming out on multiple bluray discs? I was excited for Bluray because it gives the ability to put an entire TV Season on one disc. But NOOO... is it so they can charge more?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How come movies/TV Series keep coming out on multiple bluray discs? I was excited for Bluray because it gives the ability to put an entire TV Season on one disc. But NOOO... is it so they can charge more?[/QUOTE]

Most of the newer series are recorded in HD now, so it's probably just as high of a bitrate as movies, if not a little less. They still can only get 4-5 hours of that on the disc.

I do think it'd be nice to have the wire complete series on 1 or 2 blu-rays though. Or some older shows at a lower, DVD-quality bitrate.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How come movies/TV Series keep coming out on multiple bluray discs? I was excited for Bluray because it gives the ability to put an entire TV Season on one disc. But NOOO... is it so they can charge more?[/QUOTE]
I assume it's so they can charge more. I know that I have been hoping and praying for smaller season disc boxes so I could save on my ever shrinking shelf space, but it isn't happening.

And stuff on blu ray does come on fewer discs than the DVD versions, most of the time.

I want to buy Ace Attorney Investigations or Strange Journey today. Dunno which...

!!

Really enjoying Final Fantasy Tactics PSP, Just Cause 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and just started dicking aroung with Splinter Cell Double Agent on original Xbox. I own all the Splinter Cell games now, just never have finished one.. I should marathon through them all after Conviction.

Afro Samurai isn't half bad for $5. Nice visuals, somewhat poor combat. I'll probably play that game.

Blacksite is purely offensive. I might play it just to see how bad it is. Other BBV B1G1 pickups that weren't flipped - PGR4, Ninety Nine Nights, Burnout Revenge, Sega Rally Revo, Splinter Cell: DA (360 and Xbox), Dissidia, God of War PSP.

Got Resonance of Fate 360 and SMT: Devil Survivor with gamestop credit, still sitting on some.

Also got a $15 itunes card at TRU - Bought Drop7, Zenonia(which won't download for some reason), Jet Car Stunts, Tilt to Live, Squareball, and Canabalt.

fucking best $15 ever. I love every one of those (except zenonia which i can't play yet)

[quote name='jer7583']Most of the newer series are recorded in HD now, so it's probably just as high of a bitrate as movies, if not a little less. They still can only get 4-5 hours of that on the disc.

I do think it'd be nice to have the wire complete series on 1 or 2 blu-rays though. Or some older shows at a lower, DVD-quality bitrate.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I mean Dexter S4 in HD is ~7gb's (720p) and that's about 12hours of video (or less). Then you got say FFXIII (or MGS4) that has around 12 hours of 1080p cutscenes (right?) + a game and it's entirely on one disc.

I'd at least like to see the LotR Triology on one disc, I mean it's like what 7 hours of video? Because it's not the extended... asshats.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, I mean Dexter S4 in HD is ~7gb's (720p) and that's about 12hours of video (or less). Then you got say FFXIII (or MGS4) that has around 12 hours of 1080p cutscenes (right?) + a game and it's entirely on one disc.

I'd at least like to see the LotR Triology on one disc, I mean it's like what 7 hours of video? Because it's not the extended... asshats.[/QUOTE]
I actually prefer the LOTR on different discs because they're different movies. Same for when they release Star Wars on Blu.

I'd prefer one disc per episode at 4320p.

But Jer was correct, each episode is much higher quality at 1080p, not to mention the usually uncompressed soundtrack which eats up a lot of space as well.

Doesn't compare with 720p downloads.

Well, Best Buy didn't have Ace Attorney, so I got SMT Strange Journey. I hope it's like Nocturne, and not like Persona PSP. Which is to say, I hope its awesome and not a steaming pile of shit that has no right to exist.

Strange Journey is a lot like Nocturne, yes. I'm just now on the third dungeon, and the difficulty is really starting to ramp up.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, I mean Dexter S4 in HD is ~7gb's (720p) and that's about 12hours of video (or less). Then you got say FFXIII (or MGS4) that has around 12 hours of 1080p cutscenes (right?) + a game and it's entirely on one disc.[/QUOTE]

:wall: #-o

That's not quite how it works.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey Mr. Beefy -- you have any tips for Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) -- rounds 2 and 4 seem useless, because you can't have a large combo with the titan(s) lumbering around. I got about 48k with a really sub-par round 3... I'm guessing I just need to do better there and in round 1. :|[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Titan rounds make it tough to carry out a long combo. What I did was (mostly) ignore the regular guys, and concentrate on the Titans first. It's easy to get at least a 15 combo going when on a Titan, and it lasts a long time too. Just make sure to not accidentally hit the other Titan more than twice. 3 times, and you auto-hop off.

Sometimes I got lucky when a Titan charged at me. I threw the batarang to blind him, then cartwheeled over an enemy. Not only did I dodge the Titan, but I kept my combo going as I punched both the guy I cartwheeled over, and the Titan to knock him down.

i clicked 'show spoiler' multiple times but the text never appeared

from information on the first three posts in this thread I imagine that this is some kind of service offered by a third party company where "women" play video games and chat with you during gameplay. it sounds hilarious and it's very likely that most of these people playing with you are either boys or game sweatshop workers

[quote name='ninja dog']200.6%!!! this is better than the day I lost my virginity.

just have to beat the game with Richter for 200/200. hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

You're playing the 360 version? Yuck. Oh well, congratulations on completing a radical game. The most radical game, as it turns out.

Why is it that I really want to play through SMT Nocturne again all of a sudden?

[quote name='Chacrana']Well, Best Buy didn't have Ace Attorney, so I got SMT Strange Journey. I hope it's like Nocturne, and not like Persona PSP. Which is to say, I hope its awesome and not a steaming pile of shit that has no right to exist.[/QUOTE]

Judging from the cover I'm pretty sure the game is awful. There are no guns nor is there anyone dressed in some sort of sports uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chacrana']You're playing the 360 version? Yuck. Oh well, congratulations on completing a radical game. The most radical game, as it turns out.

Why is it that I really want to play through SMT Nocturne again all of a sudden?[/QUOTE]

with "enhanced graphics" too...extra blasphemous. I turned it on by accident and I'm too lazy to turn it off. It plays well with the SFIV pad. Tough to do blade dashes with Richter though.

Maybe it's because Nocturne is the best RPG ever? I randomly listened to the theme from Ginza today (i never listen to game music) and contemplated picking it up again myself. Maybe this summer...since nobody is doing shit about the RPG situation on current gen consoles.

I have a new least favorite PS3 game ever, and it's name is Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. Just horrible - take Winback on PS2, and make every piece of cover 6 inches too short so enemies can still shoot you behind it every single time.

[quote name='diddy310']I have a new least favorite PS3 game ever, and it's name is Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. Just horrible - take Winback on PS2, and make every piece of cover 6 inches too short so enemies can still shoot you behind it every single time.[/QUOTE]

I heard the writing was decent enough to make up for the gameplay? I take it thats not true :whistle2:#.

Finished BFBC2 Singleplayer today. It was pretty mediocre, to be honest.
I love all of the jabs at MW2 though

I've been playing more Mass Effect 2. It's pretty good so far.

Still...
Story? Hello? I thought RPG's were supposed to have deep, engrossing stories. It's storytelling is as barebones as Borderlands from what I've played so far.

[quote name='KingBroly']I've been playing more Mass Effect 2. It's pretty good so far.

Still...
Story? Hello? I thought RPG's were supposed to have deep, engrossing stories. It's storytelling is as barebones as Borderlands from what I've played so far.
[/QUOTE]

I though the main story line sucked major ass.
The better parts were the recruitment missions and the loyalty sidequests.

[quote name='KingBroly']I've been playing more Mass Effect 2. It's pretty good so far.

Still...
[/QUOTE]

when did an rpg ever have a deep engrossing story

[quote name='BlueScrote']I heard the writing was decent enough to make up for the gameplay? I take it thats not true :whistle2:#.
[/QUOTE]

Eh, Matt himself is pretty funny, the rest of the game not at all really. The awful William Shatner impression one character does may make you turn the game off and throw it away.

If you are just playing through on normal I'm sure it's better than I am making it out to be. On the highest difficulty (for trophy whoring) it makes all of its issues even more apparent - broken weapons and a broken cover system. The standard pistol is the only weapon in the game that is effective in the slightest, the automatics have ridiculous recoil and the shotgun doesn't work.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I though the main story line sucked major ass.
The better parts were the recruitment missions and the loyalty sidequests.[/QUOTE]

this, but the main story felt like a well made bridge for an in between from the first game to the last.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this, but the main story felt like a well made bridge for an in between from the first game to the last.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want a bridge, I wanted a plot.

But despite the lack of it in ME2, I still really liked the game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this, but the main story felt like a well made bridge for an in between from the first game to the last.[/QUOTE]

I don't know quite how to make the comparison right so you guys get what I'm going for... but it's like...

I was expecting a blockbuster movie, especially after the last hour of ME was filled with cool ass shit. Instead I got a generic 30 minute TV episode of no consequence; like a filler episode of an anime. :(

so I get to the 4th round of RitJ (Extreme) with 42.8k out of 50k. I get the 50k about 1/2 way through the round, and i somehow get stuck in the middle of a clusterfuck of enemies... i get stuck on the back of a titan several times, but for some reason, i'm unable to direct him toward the asshole who just busted open the gun locker. >_< apparently, thugs with guns are awesome shots and damage batman immediately without mudering the titan. :bomb:

i played several more tries and actually did it, though. batman platinum and i'm a happy fanboy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back