GGT 181 Beat The Horseback Riding Level Of BLOPS2 Without Shooting

I leave on the morning of the 15th for northern Alberta. I switch camps a few times, bouncing between there (a kinda swampy area) and a camp in the mountains not too far from the US border. I'll be done... some time in August. Assuming I don't get hurt or something.

"Fun, in a way" is a pretty accurate description. It's utterly fucking wretched a lot of the time with the heat and the cold and the rain and the hail and the insects Jesus fuck-balls the insects the mosquitoes the horse flies the deer flies the black flies the wasps holy shit the wasps that nest underground I stuck my hand in a wasp nest while planting a tree once God I hate wasps and the mud, mud everywhere, and spending months in isolation with the same ~50 people and by the end you want to bash the nearest French-Canadian right in his stupid god damn face with your shovel and the weight, fuck me sideways, the weight of those stupid god damn trees dragging you down into the mud and the slash, the chest-high fucking slash monsters that slow you down, costing you a cent here, a cent there, reaching for your shins as you go around and catching your toes when you step over. The job also has a very high injury rate, and I feel it in my knees for months after.

But it pays well if you're good at it, and I'm... I'm alright, I guess. I'm happy if I make three hundred dollars a day, though I don't on my bad shifts, and I know there's plenty of room to go up from there, too. The company I works for prices its land fairly and the foremen know their shit and their head cook is great. Pretty respectable nightlife and plenty of pretty - albeit hairy - lady-planters, lots of poker, Catan, beersbee... one guy got a croquet set for his birthday a couple years ago which was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I don't think people appreciated having a bunch of croquet wickets in front of the kitchen tent, but fuck 'em, those were good games.

[quote name='The Crotch']I leave on the morning of the 15th for northern Alberta. I switch camps a few times, bouncing between there (a kinda swampy area) and a camp in the mountains not too far from the US border. I'll be done... some time in August. Assuming I don't get hurt or something.

"Fun, in a way" is a pretty accurate description. It's utterly fucking wretched a lot of the time with the heat and the cold and the rain and the hail and the insects Jesus fuck-balls the insects the mosquitoes the horse flies the deer flies the black flies the wasps holy shit the wasps that nest underground I stuck my hand in a wasp nest while planting a tree once God I hate wasps and the mud, mud everywhere, and spending months in isolation with the same ~50 people and by the end you want to bash the nearest French-Canadian right in his stupid god damn face with your shovel and the weight, fuck me sideways, the weight of those stupid god damn trees dragging you down into the mud and the slash, the chest-high fucking slash monsters that slow you down, costing you a cent here, a cent there, reaching for your shins as you go around and catching your toes when you step over. The job also has a very high injury rate, and I feel it in my knees for months after.

But it pays well if you're good at it, and I'm... I'm alright, I guess. I'm happy if I make three hundred dollars a day, though I don't on my bad shifts, and I know there's plenty of room to go up from there, too. The company I works for prices its land fairly and the foremen know their shit and their head cook is great. Pretty respectable nightlife and plenty of pretty - albeit hairy - lady-planters, lots of poker, Catan, beersbee... one guy got a croquet set for his birthday a couple years ago which was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I don't think people appreciated having a bunch of croquet wickets in front of the kitchen tent, but fuck 'em, those were good games.[/QUOTE]

I will miss you, not too sure about the rest of the GGT. Makes me almost want to join you, almost...

Damn, sounds like a sweet job, Crotch. . .lol It pays the bills, I suppose. At this rate, I'll be slaving away at Pizza Hut or Walmart and hating life. ^__^

[quote name='Indignate']I've grown fond of Crotch over these last few weeks.

At least he doesn't hurt my feelings like certain other people.[/QUOTE]
What did whoknows do to you this time?

[quote name='The Crotch']I leave on the morning of the 15th for northern Alberta. I switch camps a few times, bouncing between there (a kinda swampy area) and a camp in the mountains not too far from the US border. I'll be done... some time in August. Assuming I don't get hurt or something.

But it pays well if you're good at it, and I'm... I'm alright, I guess. I'm happy if I make three hundred dollars a day, though I don't on my bad shifts, and I know there's plenty of room to go up from there, too. The company I works for prices its land fairly and the foremen know their shit and their head cook is great. Pretty respectable nightlife and plenty of pretty - albeit hairy - lady-planters, lots of poker, Catan, beersbee... one guy got a croquet set for his birthday a couple years ago which was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I don't think people appreciated having a bunch of croquet wickets in front of the kitchen tent, but fuck 'em, those were good games.[/QUOTE]

I didn't peg you for being a lumberjack, but I guess you're ok. Do you sleep all night while you work all day?

I'll bite on SFxT for PC. Want to support more fighting games for PC.

/edit: Pixeljunk Monsters is $1 on the PSN, everyone should get it.

[quote name='j-cart']I'll bite on SFxT for PC. Want to support more fighting games for PC.

/edit: Pixeljunk Shooter is $1 on the PSN, everyone should get it.[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

[quote name='j-cart']I'll bite on SFxT for PC. Want to support more fighting games for PC.

/edit: Four pixeljunk games are $1 on the PSN, everyone should get them.[/QUOTE]

$4 for four games? Shit, I'm there.

Yeah, even though I really didn't like PJ Sidescroller, I'll pick up the earlier ones for a buck a piece. I think I may already own Eden though. I can't remember if I have the full game or just the demo.

[quote name='distgfx']It's true, he even denies sex with women and men.[/QUOTE]
Only because it makes things more convenient for me.

On the lumberjack song: I'm happy with ten hours of work in a day, and I try (but usually fail) to sleep in on the day off. Also, guys wearing dresses? More common than you might expect up there.

On a journal: unlikely. While I do wish I'd kept better track of how many trees I've planted (I'm at some nebulous "several hundred thousand" number), recording the day-to-day does not appeal to me one bit.

On being gone: the only thing I shall miss are the cries of my enemies.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, even though I really didn't like PJ Sidescroller, I'll pick up the earlier ones for a buck a piece. I think I may already own Eden though. I can't remember if I have the full game or just the demo.[/QUOTE]

How did you not like them? They were made by people like you for people like you.

And Sidescroller is easily the best one, then again, I'll take a shmup over the other 3-4 any day... either way, I now own them all, stupid sale.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']How did you not like them? They were made by people like you for people like you.

And Sidescroller is easily the best one, then again, I'll take a shmup over the other 3-4 any day... either way, I now own them all, stupid sale.[/QUOTE]

I really liked what I played of Eden in the demo, but Sidescroller just seemed boring to me. It wasn't a poorly made game or anything, but I'm just used to shmups from Cave and Treasure and the like or even classic stuff like Raiden and Blazing Lazers. Sidescroller just didn't excite me. Plus I wasn't a fan of the way they did health in that game.

[quote name='j-cart']/edit: Pixeljunk Monsters is $1 on the PSN, everyone should get it.[/QUOTE]

I already got that one for free. :/

[quote name='The Crotch']On the lumberjack song: I'm happy with ten hours of work in a day, and I try (but usually fail) to sleep in on the day off. Also, guys wearing dresses? More common than you might expect up there.

On a journal: unlikely. While I do wish I'd kept better track of how many trees I've planted (I'm at some nebulous "several hundred thousand" number), recording the day-to-day does not appeal to me one bit.

On being gone: the only thing I shall miss are the cries of my enemies.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you sir are doing the work of the angels--planting trees is about as noble a job as I can think of at this very moment (which of course means there's probably a lot more things, but I am just lazy and not much of a thinker).

Anyhoo, please feel free to wear high heels, suspendees, and a brar with no judgement from me.

I don't have a job this summer. Or school.

I think instead of going crazy with boredom I'm just going to drive to Colorado.

But then I don't have any friends there so there really isn't a point.

[quote name='ihadFG']I really liked what I played of Eden in the demo, but Sidescroller just seemed boring to me. It wasn't a poorly made game or anything, but I'm just used to shmups from Cave and Treasure and the like or even classic stuff like Raiden and Blazing Lazers. Sidescroller just didn't excite me. Plus I wasn't a fan of the way they did health in that game.[/QUOTE]

You used the word "classic" wrong, young one. :razz:
Classic: Gradius, Lifeforce, Pardious, etc.
Sidescroller is probably closer to those, I'd say.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You used the word "classic" wrong, young one. :razz:
Classic: Gradius, Lifeforce, Pardious, etc.
Sidescroller is probably closer to those, I'd say.[/QUOTE]

I'd still say the ones I named are classic/retro, but I like the ones you named too, especially Parodius. Or even Galaga. But I dunno, I just didn't feel like Sidescroller was anything special. :/

Put in a marathon session and got through the final 6 acts of Halo Anniversary.

Generally loved it, but lots of annoyances with instant deaths from rockets and plasma grenades chucked from 100 yards away etc. The end section with destroying the engine reactors was pretty annoying as well with the glitchy jumping needed to get to the third switch.

But overall still a fun game and they did a good job with the HD remake. Another game out of the backlog in anycase.

[quote name='Indignate']I don't have a job this summer. Or school.

I think instead of going crazy with boredom I'm just going to drive to Colorado.

But then I don't have any friends there so there really isn't a point.[/QUOTE]

You're in Cali, why leave? Better yet, if you are ever in SoCal I can show you how I get shitty.

[quote name='Indignate']Ninja Gaiden 3 is an instant classic.[/QUOTE]

The 3rd is always the best. Spider-Man 3, Mummy 3, Godfather Part 3, and the always awesome Matrix Revolution.

^Don't forget Terminator 3, TMNT 3, Transformers Dark side of Crap (or all of em), RoboCop 3, Back to the Future 3 & Return Of The Jedi.

[quote name='raiden_86']^Don't forget Terminator 3, TMNT 3, Transformers Dark side of Crap (or all of em), RoboCop 3, Back to the Future 3 & Return Of The Jedi.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']X-Men 3.[/QUOTE]

But these movies all sucked.

I think that's a sign you enjoy starcraft too much.

Or you're trying to get all your living in before may 15th.

I held the top rank on liquibet for a short time. That was a couple years ago though, and because I was the only one rooting for MBC Heroes.

I have their hoodie, after all.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I think that's a sign you enjoy starcraft too much.

Or you're trying to get all your living in before may 15th.[/QUOTE]
It's funny, because even if I was doing well in my liquibets, it'd drop right off after the 15th, anyway.

[quote name='The Crotch']You hated Return of the Jedi, j-cart?[/QUOTE]

I take shit for this all the time, but Return of the Jedi is my favorite Star Wars movie. I seriously like the Jabba palace scene, the ewoks (a friend blames me as being someone who encouraged the creation of Jar Jar Binks and the gungans due to my love of ewoks (I have a Wicket plush on my desk at work)), and the Luke/Vader/Emperor fight at the end is my favorite in the series.

Yeah, Empire is my favorite for sure.

RotJ I do love as well though. The Ewoks are silly, but the rest of it is great. And it was the only one I got to see in the theater during the original run, so it has that nostalgia going for it as well.

I enjoy all three of the original trilogy almost equally.

Vader kicking the shit out of Luke at the end of Empire is maybe my favorite part of the three.

EDIT - and yeah, seeing RotJ in the theater is one of my first memories.

I'm not a huge Star Wars person, but I've always thought the fight between Luke and Vader in Return was the best part of the series. Like, the movie had some stupid shit - Boba Fett's death, the ewoks - but that fight? Daaaaaamn, gurl.

Why's everyone hating on the ewoks? I love them, their combat scenes were wonderfully hilarious.

tumblr_lm9slfZWGU1qksbsro1_500.gif

I wonder how the internet would react if George Lucas announced he was re-doing Return, with the only difference being that instead of Endor, the shield generator was on Kashyyk, the wookiee planet.

[quote name='The Crotch']I wonder how the internet would react if George Lucas announced he was re-doing Return, with the only difference being that instead of Endor, the shield generator was on Kashyyk, the wookiee planet.[/QUOTE]

Subtitles, gonna need them.

[quote name='The Crotch']I wonder how the internet would react if George Lucas announced he was re-doing Return, with the only difference being that instead of Endor, the shield generator was on Kashyyk, the wookiee planet.[/QUOTE]

Fanboy heads would explode.

On the one hand they'd be getting rid of the Ewoks which most of them hate. On the other hand, Lucas would be raping their childhoods again by altering their holy trilogy yet again. :lol:

That said, having it on the Wookie planet would have made a lot more sense and given a way to flesh out Chewie's character more. But it would be stupid to change it in a future revision.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']People shitting on BttF3? fuck you.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Return of the Jedi was my favorite as a kid for obvious reasons. Empire Strikes Back is probably the best one now, though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Star Wars Christmas Special Part 2?

bread's done
Back