GGT 192 recommended Operation Raccoon City to everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to like the Total War games but I just find them too stressful to really enjoy. The thing is I can't even put my finger on an individual aspect that turns me off from the series.

I'm not lying, I actually played a bunch of ORC
riQpb.png

[quote name='icebeast']But why would it matter if she were hot or if you were attracted to men? Do you think I spend my day making sure I only talk to males I find attractive? It just seems even more ridiculous because you are clearly already taken so I have no clue why someone's attractiveness has any bearing on your interest in conversing with them, unless you're extremely shallow.[/QUOTE]
First and foremost, IT WAS A fuckING JOKE. Relax there buddy.

Also just because I'm married doesn't mean I can't admire a good looking member of the opposite sex. You don't lose all ability to find people attractive once you enter a relationship.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You don't lose all ability to find people attractive once you enter a relationship.[/QUOTE]

Only around your wife.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I really want to like the Total War games but I just find them too stressful to really enjoy. The thing is I can't even put my finger on an individual aspect that turns me off from the series.[/QUOTE]

I hate how many battles can pop up at once and feeling the need to do all of them because auto-resolving kills more of your troops than it should. Even big one sided battles seems to make you lose a few units when you can get away without losing any.

Don't get me wrong, the battles are fun to play, but they can get tedious when you have all these splinter groups fighting you.

[quote name='harrythecat']Guys, ORC was actually a sweet game, don't know why it gets hated on[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']I concur[/QUOTE]

The Socomer in me died a bit more. Sniff I miss that SoCrack :(

[quote name='Indignate']Yes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']I concur.[/QUOTE]

Just because I talk to you two charming gentlemen doesn't mean everyone I talk to is as attractive as you.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']First and foremost, IT WAS A fuckING JOKE. Relax there buddy.

Also just because I'm married doesn't mean I can't admire a good looking member of the opposite sex. You don't lose all ability to find people attractive once you enter a relationship.[/QUOTE]

But I was joking too... (until you took it as a personal attack on yourself... but even then I was still mostly just joking around). And I'm almost always chill or laughing, it would take a lot to make me angry.

But if we want to have some real-talk I totally agree just because you're married you can still admire someone who you find attractive, that doesn't bother me at all. However admiring someone for their beauty isn't exactly what I would take out of a conversation where someone says, "My friend needs advice" and the response is "Is she hot?", just saying. (Now the question, am I being serious now, or is this just more pseudo-serious "real-talk"?)

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm on a Kara kick lately (they have a new album coming soon). So here's a Kara video!

I love Kara because their music is so fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but the scream at the beginning came out of nowhere and made me laugh. It was a "Oh shit! Ahahaha" moment where I jumped back and laughed. It was awesome.

[quote name='icebeast']or is this just more pseudo-serious "real-talk"?)[/QUOTE]

RILL TALK!

[quote name='distgfx']RILL TALK![/QUOTE]

"My friend needs advice, she found out she's HIV positive."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she just lost her job."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she was recently raped."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she just started HRT."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she's having her period."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, his mom is going through menopause."

"Is she hot?"

[quote name='icebeast']"My friend needs advice, she found out she's HIV positive."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she just lost her job."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she was recently raped."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she just started HRT."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, she's having her period."

"Is she hot?"

--

"My friend needs advice, his mom is going through menopause."

"Is she hot?"[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you were joking alright. :roll: Whatever. I'll be the grown up and let it go.

Darksiders 2 is pretty good. Liking it a lot more than the original since the gameplay is a lot better. Still don't care for the character designs though.

In Rei's defense, it's totally a legitimate question. You provided some excellent examples beezy, but check this out...

"Hi, I just started college and need help making friends."

"Are you hot, cuz if you are, just walk up to people and start talking. They will immediately take notice and accept you."

"Hi, I have a job interview and I'm a little bit nervous. Any advice?"

"Are you hot, cuz if you are, don't even sweat it. You will certainly be picked over any unattractive people."

"Hi, I've contemplated suicide several times and I think I might finally take the plunge. Any reason why I shouldn't?"

"Are you hot, cuz if you are, put those pills away and save that noose for a black person, you have a lot to live for."

Really, it's one of the first questions that should be asked. A simple yes or no here can clear up most problems.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yeah, you were joking alright. :roll: Whatever. I'll be the grown up and let it go.[/QUOTE]

Let what go? Was there something happening between us? I was just having fun.

Also that post was awesome Indignate. At least someone in here understands. Rei and Panzer are far too serious.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Darksiders 2 is pretty good. Liking it a lot more than the original since the gameplay is a lot better. Still don't care for the character designs though.[/QUOTE]

I'm liking it so far, and I think the character designs are fairly cool, except for Death I think he's a little bland especially in comparison to War. And also I wandered into some side quest that I think maybe I wasn't supposed to do until later because when I hit this boss-ish enemy the health bar didn't move more than a sliver, and when it hit me with an attack it was almost an instant kill (after that I decided I'd better stick to the main story quests for a while, haha).

[quote name='Indignate']I hate how many battles can pop up at once and feeling the need to do all of them because auto-resolving kills more of your troops than it should. Even big one sided battles seems to make you lose a few units when you can get away without losing any.

Don't get me wrong, the battles are fun to play, but they can get tedious when you have all these splinter groups fighting you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely. and when I don't auto resolve the one sided battles I'll end up getting bored and just charge my troops and get slaughtered like a moron.

:rofl:

capcpcom.

Edit:

More capcpcom win:
DmC: Devil May Cry represents Capcom's focused, intentional effort to add western flair to a traditionally Japanese-styled game, left in the care of UK-entrenched studio Ninja Theory. Both Capcom Japan and US left the westernization entirely in Ninja Theory's hands, only providing advice on the game's core essentials and at times making strong suggestions about characters and controls. Otherwise, Capcom took a hands-off approach to the game's modernization.

Among three branches of two studios in three disparate areas of the globe, creating anything successfully – let alone a new, yet familiar game in a popular franchise – was bound to be frustrating. According to Capcom producers Motohide Eshiro and Alex Jones, it certainly was stressful working with Ninja Theory, but it was also successful.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm liking it so far, and I think the character designs are fairly cool, except for Death I think he's a little bland especially in comparison to War.[/QUOTE]
Is this you joking too, or did people actually like War's design?

[quote name='The Crotch']Is this you joking too, or did people actually like War's design?[/QUOTE]

I thought his design was okay, if you like the JoeMad art style.
Voicing him with Liam O'Brien was what really made me like him more.
And I agree with icebeast; War's design > Death's design from what I've seen.

my mag finally came, and my Journey review is just a couple pages before an article contributed by deadmau5 himself. there's also one by Maddox in there, didn't know that guy was still writing.

i'll post a couple pics of the issue though i'm not sure if i can legally do that.

[quote name='panzerfaust']my mag finally came, and my Journey review is just a couple pages before an article contributed by deadmau5 himself. there's also one by Maddox in there, didn't know that guy was still writing.

i'll post a couple pics of the issue though i'm not sure if i can legally do that.[/QUOTE]
Do iiiiiiit.

sup
IMGP8735.jpg
deja.jpg

the photo isn't of journey, obviously, but i think what they do is take photos from bloggers and try to match them up with other people's writing. it's actually really cool, and the magazine is like the size of a newspaper. think i may subscribe.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I thought his design was okay, if you like the JoeMad art style.
Voicing him with Liam O'Brien was what really made me like him more.
And I agree with icebeast; War's design > Death's design from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

I think his design was cluttered.

And even though I like him, I think Liam O'Brien is too overused.

[quote name='panzerfaust']sup
IMGP8735.jpg
deja.jpg

the photo isn't of journey, obviously, but i think what they do is take photos from bloggers and try to match them up with other people's writing. it's actually really cool, and the magazine is like the size of a newspaper. think i may subscribe.[/QUOTE]

But I can't even read it...

[quote name='Indignate']I think his design was cluttered.

And even though I like him, I think Liam O'Brien is too overused.

But I can't even read it...[/QUOTE]

He's no Nolan North.

I only have recognized him in 2 things, myself: Naruto (Gaara) and Darksiders (War)

[quote name='The Crotch']Is this you joking too, or did people actually like War's design?[/QUOTE]

joe mad.

[quote name='GUNNM']War in the abyssal armor looked pretty cool. DS II has been really awesome so far much better than the first.[/QUOTE]

It seems like it'll be interesting. Will wait until it's cheap.

[quote name='The Crotch']I had to look him up.

Apparently he was Weiss in Nier.

Other than that, nothing major for me.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, he's Jūshirō Ukitake in Bleach, but his voice isn't quite the Gaara voice there... probably because Jūshirō isn't a pissed off angry person most of the time? :lol:

The other big ones I didn't place him as:
Father Baldur (Bayonetta) [probably because I skipped the cutscenes after 1 playthrough]
Kain (Dissidia 012) [haven't played much of this yet, but it's on my Vita]
Sanctus (DMC4) [honestly didn't notice, only voices I remember are Dante/Trish/Nero]
Reynard Fisher (RE5) [don't even remember the character]
Miguel Caballero Rojo (Tekken 6) [don't use him]

He was in a few more games I've played as some minor character or someone I don't recall:

DA:O, Ninja Blade, Sengoku Basara [haven't played yet], Odin Sphere, FFXIII-2, KZ3, etc.

Totally missed the DAO entry. Super minor character, though. Niall is the guy who gets trapped by the sloth demon in the tower while trying to fight Uldred.

Don't recognize the names of his New Vegas or Valkyria Chronicles roles, though. He's also a ghost in Starcraft 2 so the only time I really get to hear his voice there is when I kill one.

I actually really liked War's design, but then again, I'm a huge Joe Mad fan. He was actually the reason I was interested in the game at all.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hmmm, he's Jūshirō Ukitake in Bleach, but his voice isn't quite the Gaara voice there... probably because Jūshirō isn't a pissed off angry person most of the time? :lol:

The other big ones I didn't place him as:
Father Baldur (Bayonetta) [probably because I skipped the cutscenes after 1 playthrough]
Kain (Dissidia 012) [haven't played much of this yet, but it's on my Vita]
Sanctus (DMC4) [honestly didn't notice, only voices I remember are Dante/Trish/Nero]
Reynard Fisher (RE5) [don't even remember the character]
Miguel Caballero Rojo (Tekken 6) [don't use him]

He was in a few more games I've played as some minor character or someone I don't recall:

DA:O, Ninja Blade, Sengoku Basara [haven't played yet], Odin Sphere, FFXIII-2, KZ3, etc.[/QUOTE]

He's totally the bad guy in XIII-2. And his Ukitake is definitely the same as his Gaara because everything is the same as his Gaara. And like GUNNM mentioned, he's totally Asura, which is the same as his Gaara.

He's not Nolan North quality of overused, but he's in a ton of games and easily recognizable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back