GGT 195's Season Pass includes the next 4 GGTs for only $30. What a deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='j-cart']Stop using Skype guys.

Shit is terrible. Upgrade to Mumble, Vent or TeamSpeak.[/QUOTE]

Quit being an asian, we're not all raised on rocket fuel and got squinty eyes.

[quote name='linkpwns']But guys, it's my birthday.[/QUOTE]
Happy birthday!! Sorry I wasn't on Skype earlier. :cry:
[quote name='j-cart']Stop using Skype guys.

Shit is terrible. Upgrade to Mumble, Vent or TeamSpeak.[/QUOTE]
Nope.
[quote name='distgfx']Quit being an asian, we're not all raised on rocket fuel and got squinty eyes.[/QUOTE]
This.
[quote name='Rodimus']Im drunk

I love you guyz[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:

The executives of Platinum Games, who were among the only people on Earth not to be shocked by the announcement of a Nintendo-published, Wii U-exclusive Bayonetta 2, issued statements on the company's website about their exciting news, and about the choice to work with Nintendo.

"The console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love," said Platinum CEO Tatsuya Minami. "Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with Sega, the previous game's publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo."

Director Yusuke Hashimoto spoke more about the narrative setup and game world. For empowering our heroine with incredible new action to introducing new characters (which you may have noticed in the teaser trailer), Bayonetta will further expand on the mythology of the Trinity of Realities – Inferno, Paradiso, and our human world. I can't wait to take the journey with you.

Supervisor Hideki Kamiya boasted of a successful secret. "Even though there has been a bit of a gap since the release of the last game, but I still got lots of request for a sequel from gamers. We were secretly making one the entire time." Kamiya said he is supervising the "world, story, characters, etc." and working closely with new director Hashimoto.

We personally like Kamiya's succinct reaction on Twitter. "Lots of !s & ?s & XDs & DXs. I can understand all of them."

Wait... what?
Hedging the success of your francihse on a brand new platform that doesn't even have an installed user base? Nintendo must've thrown a lot of money at Platinum. I'm guessing Nintendo thinks this will sway all the hardcore gamers to come back to their platform.

Reach the hands of a lot of users? Well seeing as how nintendo's last hand held sold so poorly it had to drop in price in a couple of months is usually a good sign of a strong user fan base. Oh well good luck with your sales platinum games I will be youtubing the cutscenes ^__^

josh needs to learn to tag crash. :)
(2+tag when on the ground and tag partner is raged (flashing red))
it will cost you all of the recoverable health for the character switching out, but it safely/instantly switches the backup in.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']josh needs to learn to tag crash. :)
(2+tag when on the ground and tag partner is raged (flashing red))
it will cost you all of the recoverable health for the character switching out, but it safely/instantly switches the backup in.[/QUOTE]

Oh! I was wondering how you were doing that!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Josh, you should really stick with LiLei, they're you're best.[/QUOTE]

That's actually who I was planning to try to stick with, but I figured I'd mess around with some other people first just to see what they're like.

[quote name='ihadFG']That's actually who I was planning to try to stick with, but I figured I'd mess around with some other people first just to see what they're like.[/QUOTE]
Good! You might find something else you like. I know I'm loving the shit out of Kunimitsu and Jaycee. I think I may make them part of my regular stable.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wait... what?
Hedging the success of your francihse on a brand new platform that doesn't even have an installed user base? Nintendo must've thrown a lot of money at Platinum. I'm guessing Nintendo thinks this will sway all the hardcore gamers to come back to their platform.[/QUOTE]

If I take what Randy Pitchford said as truth with his IGN Podcast Unlocked interview, if someone throws a shit ton of money at you, you make something just for them. Platinum couldn't afford to make the game on their own, Sega's almost broke, Nintendo came in and said make it for us and sky's the limit.

It's the same reason why there's an exclusive download for Borderlands 2 at GS, even though Pitchford said he hated preorder exclusive DLC. Gamestop threw a shitton of money at them for advertising, etc. so that funded creation of content just for them.

On PROJECT ETERNITY...

First, a name like Feargus Urquhart should only be reserved for a Hero of Legend. Not a CEO or mailman or whatever the hell. That's a name that has run its blade through a foe and inspired fear in opposing legions on the field of battle.

I think I will kick them on kickstarter, but I have reservations. For instance, if that preview is any indication, 80 cents out of every dollar will go directly into the "tightly orchestrated but maudlin, swelling horns" fund. dothog ain't got time or money for that shit. i'm kickin this thing, it's my money, I MAKE THE RULES.

The carrier is back in Heart of the Swarm and the warhound is out.

Holy fuck.

New, Infinity Engine-style Obsidian RPG announced and we get the carrier back and terrans lose their factory marauder.

It's like God is trying to make it up to me for sleeping with Jeremy in 10th grade even though everyone knew I liked him.

EDIT: Not only did they remove the warhound, but they gave immortals a major buff against them.

Double fuck you, unit that isn't in the game any more.

[quote name='The Crotch']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC4w9GdFPrg#

It's funny that the symbol for their new game is an Ouroboros. I feel like I've been locked in some bizarre, self-perpetuating love-hate thing with Obsidian since Sith Lords.

But they've got my attention. And once some more detail come out, maybe they'll get some of my money.[/QUOTE]
When they had publisher backing their games were a mess of bugs and lack of quality control. Left to their own devices I'm expecting whatever PC plays the game to instantly burst into flames.

Still jerking off to these SC2 patch notes. It's just a beta, but... dayumn. I can actually do something about fungal growth now instead of just dying the instant I see an infestor. That's pretty ballin'.[quote name='Rei no Otaku']When they had publisher backing their games were a mess of bugs and lack of quality control. Left to their own devices I'm expecting whatever PC plays the game to instantly burst into flames.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='j-cart']Developers do not set the QA time tables, unfortunately the suits on the publishing side do.
[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Obsidian games.

Alpha fucking Protocol was so cheezy but it filled with some awesome RPG mechanics. Just hope that Obsidian would finally produce their own product without suits or anyone else telling them how to do it.

Hopefully it wouldn't be a buggy mess and truly a game for gamers.

[quote name='The Crotch']A third of the way to their goal a couple hours in. Two $10,000+ backers, too.[/QUOTE]

That's me and my alt. Big spender over here. Ask me how big my cock is. Or better yet, my cock's shadow.

I love this part: "All Kickstarter backers will receive a special Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item. (The item will not affect the game's balance)."

It's like these people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined found a link to some of my forum posts bitching about how DLC weapons totally wreck the balance of games.

It does need a different title, though. And soundtrack. I wish fantasy games were ballsier about their soundtracks.

I mean, I'll wind up muting it anyhow, but at least try something, you know?

If I were doing a fantasy soundtrack, I'd hand it off to Gary Numan. Get er done, Gary, whatever you got, throw it in there. It's better than ponderous strings and big horns.

I vaguely recall reading/hearing that "Project Eternity" was a temporary name. I can't fathom a universe in which that is actually the final title.

Also, we're both going to turn BGM to 0 anyway. Not to say that "generic fantasy music" isn't an unkillable fucking hydra, but it shall not be my flesh on which that beasts feeds tonight.

FOV slider confirmed for BL2 PC edition. Going to be a happy camper :D

I feel sorry for anthropologists, I am going to be the reason so many things become extinct in the wasteland.

ifPilAnBr1ufM.png

I hope you're ready for me to talk about nothing but Project Eternity and Heart of the Swarm while playing Borderlands 2, j-cart.

On skype.

[quote name='j-cart']What's Skype?

Is it like Mumble?[/QUOTE]
It's that thing where I might also talk about X-Com.

Which is out in, like, a month.

[quote name='dothog']That's me and my alt. Big spender over here. Ask me how big my cock is. Or better yet, my cock's shadow.[/QUOTE]
Huh.

According to twitter, that would make one of your alts Notch.

So, uh. Hi. How ya doin'?

[quote name='dothog']That's me and my alt. Big spender over here. Ask me how big my cock is. Or better yet, my cock's shadow.[/QUOTE]
Huh.

According to twitter, that would make one of your alts Notch.

So, uh. Hi. How ya doin'?

[quote name='The Crotch']Still jerking off to these SC2 patch notes. It's just a beta, but... dayumn. I can actually do something about fungal growth now instead of just dying the instant I see an infestor. That's pretty ballin'.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't Alpha Protocol delayed numerous times? I think Sega gave them ample time to release a game that wasn't a piece of shit. I don't know. The publisher card can be played, but I think it has far more to do with Obsidian than the publisher. I could understand if every game that came out of Sega, for example, was buggy but that's hardly the case. While I think they write great stories and have some nice ideas, I do not trust them when it comes to building the actual game.

[quote name='The Crotch']It's that thing where I might also talk about X-Com.
[/QUOTE]

What's a X-Com?

Is that where Xbox and Capcom both agree to suck each others dicks to form the ultimate ad filled and DLC money grabbing console?

I kid. I love strategy games, but I can't seem to find any gameplay videos for X-Com.

[quote name='The Crotch']
It's like God is trying to make it up to me for sleeping with Jeremy in 10th grade even though everyone knew I liked him.[/QUOTE]

Elaborate.

It's all on my livejournal.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Wasn't Alpha Protocol delayed numerous times? I think Sega gave them ample time to release a game that wasn't a piece of shit. I don't know. The publisher card can be played, but I think it has far more to do with Obsidian than the publisher. I could understand if every game that came out of Sega, for example, was buggy but that's hardly the case. While I think they write great stories and have some nice ideas, I do not trust them when it comes to building the actual game.[/QUOTE]

I'll confess to total ignorance about Alpha Protocol. Never interested me, and I know nothing about it save that it was buggy and love-or-hate.
[quote name='j-cart']What's a X-Com?

Is that where Xbox and Capcom both agree to suck each others dicks to form the ultimate ad filled and DLC money grabbing console?

I kid. I love strategy games, but I can't seem to find any gameplay videos for X-Com.[/QUOTE]
PAX had a few hours of gameplay, both campaign levels (showing off how terrible the combination of "we have to get this shit done because the Borderlands people need to use this stream in, like, half an hour" and "okay, let's crank up the difficulty setting" are) and multiplayer (one high-level sniper with flying armour + a bunch of weak spotters looked like a really good combo). I don't have those videos handy, but here's about an hour of lower-difficulty-level gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VP4YmExQAE

[quote name='The Crotch']The carrier is back in Heart of the Swarm and the warhound is out.

Holy fuck.

New, Infinity Engine-style Obsidian RPG announced and we get the carrier back and terrans lose their factory marauder.

It's like God is trying to make it up to me for sleeping with Jeremy in 10th grade even though everyone knew I liked him.

EDIT: Not only did they remove the warhound, but they gave immortals a major buff against them.

Double fuck you, unit that isn't in the game any more.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised Blizzard is doing this much tweaking during the beta. I guess I expected the HotS beta to be much less of a real beta this time around.

Crotch, did you ever end up playing Diablo 3?

Nah. I spent my fair share of time with D2, but D3 just... I didn't see the need. And I didn't know if I could stomach any more of Blizzard's writing so soon after Wings of Liberty.

As far as Heart of the Swarm... I don't know if Blizzard has any idea what the fuck they're doing. It really feels like they're trying to swat mosquitoes with buckshot right now. They managed to get their zerg stuff mostly-right, I think, but the first pass of terran and protoss were comically awful. The beta is still very small right now, and I expect it to go on for quite a while.

And I hope to fuck they don't think we're cool with the state of the carrier just because they gave it back to us. 120 second build time? What the fuck is that shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back