GGT 198 knows that ORC >>> RE6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever who
ninja.gif

[quote name='Indignate']Do it then bitch.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']No. fuck you and your unfucking willingness to believe me.[/QUOTE]

abGEj.jpg

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Hmm I don't have a hot girl as my Avatar, so I may get turned away from here, but My thoughts on the demo were very mixed, leaning toward extreme dislike. I played it for a good hour trying to like it but really couldn't, so I let it sit, I still wasn't going to cancel my preorder because Im a big Resi Evil fan.

You need to play the full game to pass a true judgement. Its honestly one of the longest games Ive played, in many years. (I don't really play RPGs too much) 30 some hours. Its a huge game, just packed to the brim with straight game... almost to a fault. But thats so appreciated. You can CLEARLY see the man hours put into this thing, and the bad textures and graphics that I complained and moaned over in the demo do not matter considering the length and depth of the entire game.

You MUST play a game like this in full, I understand the quality of a demo should be great enough to make people want the full game, but in this case, the good stuff could not even be showcased in the demo without major spoilers, or ruining various set pieces and story telling. Really, its a game that actually should be based more on the trailers than the demo. Once you get used to the gameplay and in the context of the scenarios, its starts working itself out, you get used to it and it becomes second nature.

There is a STEEP learning curve here in my opinion. Options and setting almost NEED to be adjusted, turn down the camera sensitivity, bump up the brightness, fiddle with stuff, turn of the HUD, whatever you'd like to make it a better experience for you, theres many options to make it more comfortable. I got them set as I want, learned/perfected the moves and controls, and Im having a blast.

Perhaps the Best, biggest, most robust Resident Evil game ever/yet. Its a step in the RIGHT direction compared to what 5 was. That was a backward step. 6 is what 5 Should have been, had they prolonged the development more. 6 Really lacks a lot of polish that 5 had, but 5 was butthole short, beat it in 5-6 hours first play through, Was bored to tears by the daylight levels, and Sheva was just as hot as she was uninteresting. Only positive was mmm that Sexy Jill. RE5 is one of the most beautiful games created this gen... but it didn't really have anything else going for it.

RE6 takes risks, I love risks, and can appreciate when developers do something different with THIER work, while also pleasing the fans (bringing back atmosphere for one, and fan favorite characters) RE doesn't need to have horror, Resident Evil is PAST the horror stage, the story has ESCALATED so much past all that... these guys can't be chumps forever. Leon, chris, everyone else. They obviously harden over time and become the soldiers they are today. No longer rookie cops or noobs. Why would they be scared? lets get this shit done. for RE5 and 6 to have as much action as they do, only makes PERFECT sense. Its natural progression.[/QUOTE]
Dude, I'm not dropping $60 on a product that has showcased itself badly in two different demos consisting of 6 different sections, and about 60 minutes of gameplay.

That being said, it is at a Redbox near me and I will pay $2 to try it out. So let us see just how wrong this demo is apparently.
[quote name='Indignate']Why are you getting so fuckin violent like a
ninja.gif
would just cuz you know you're wrong just like how
ninja.gif
s usually are.[/QUOTE]
As the only black person in this thread (does TMK post in here anymore?) I feel like this should offend me, but I find it funny.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Hmm I don't have a hot girl as my Avatar, so I may get turned away from here, but My thoughts on the demo were very mixed, leaning toward extreme dislike. I played it for a good hour trying to like it but really couldn't, so I let it sit, I still wasn't going to cancel my preorder because Im a big Resi Evil fan.

You need to play the full game to pass a true judgement. Its honestly one of the longest games Ive played, in many years. (I don't really play RPGs too much) 30 some hours. Its a huge game, just packed to the brim with straight game... almost to a fault. But thats so appreciated. You can CLEARLY see the man hours put into this thing, and the bad textures and graphics that I complained and moaned over in the demo do not matter considering the length and depth of the entire game.

You MUST play a game like this in full, I understand the quality of a demo should be great enough to make people want the full game, but in this case, the good stuff could not even be showcased in the demo without major spoilers, or ruining various set pieces and story telling. Really, its a game that actually should be based more on the trailers than the demo. Once you get used to the gameplay and in the context of the scenarios, its starts working itself out, you get used to it and it becomes second nature.

There is a STEEP learning curve here in my opinion. Options and setting almost NEED to be adjusted, turn down the camera sensitivity, bump up the brightness, fiddle with stuff, turn of the HUD, whatever you'd like to make it a better experience for you, theres many options to make it more comfortable. I got them set as I want, learned/perfected the moves and controls, and Im having a blast.

Perhaps the Best, biggest, most robust Resident Evil game ever/yet. Its a step in the RIGHT direction compared to what 5 was. That was a backward step. 6 is what 5 Should have been, had they prolonged the development more. 6 Really lacks a lot of polish that 5 had, but 5 was butthole short, beat it in 5-6 hours first play through, Was bored to tears by the daylight levels, and Sheva was just as hot as she was uninteresting. Only positive was mmm that Sexy Jill. RE5 is one of the most beautiful games created this gen... but it didn't really have anything else going for it.

RE6 takes risks, I love risks, and can appreciate when developers do something different with THIER work, while also pleasing the fans (bringing back atmosphere for one, and fan favorite characters) RE doesn't need to have horror, Resident Evil is PAST the horror stage, the story has ESCALATED so much past all that... these guys can't be chumps forever. Leon, chris, everyone else. They obviously harden over time and become the soldiers they are today. No longer rookie cops or noobs. Why would they be scared? lets get this shit done. for RE5 and 6 to have as much action as they do, only makes PERFECT sense. Its natural progression.[/QUOTE]

None of the reasons you give for liking the full game are things that I was concerned about after playing the demo. So maybe if people had the same problems with the demo that you did, they could like the full game, but I'm personally still convinced it's not worth my money.

All I do is melee in leon's campaign. D=
Kinda funny running into a cop who is also on his first day at work. ^__^ SUBTLE NOD CAPCOM

I'm actually seriously contemplating getting the anthology though, because I have a huge urge to go back and replay the first three resident evils and I lost all my copies. Anyone know which system is the better version?

[quote name='linkpwns']I'm actually seriously contemplating getting the anthology though, because I have a huge urge to go back and replay the first three resident evils and I lost all my copies. Anyone know which system is the better version?[/QUOTE]
If you're getting the anthology for the first 3 games then you have to get it on PS3. The 360 anthology doesn't have them.
[quote name='GUNNM']00 raiser > nu gundam[/QUOTE]
Nu Gundam > Pretty much every other mobile suit.

[quote name='distgfx']Silent Hill Book of Memories takes for fucking ever to load on the Vita.

EDIT: I'm not buying it now or something.

EDIT #2: The game itself is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it!

[quote name='whoknows']You can't judge a game by its demo.[/QUOTE]

You can with BoM.

[quote name='distgfx']I just did.[/QUOTE]

He just did.

[quote name='whoknows']The game could be significantly different. A demo is not the right way to judge.[/QUOTE]

The demo is exactly how the game will be.

[quote name='linkpwns']I'm actually seriously contemplating getting the anthology though, because I have a huge urge to go back and replay the first three resident evils and I lost all my copies. Anyone know which system is the better version?[/QUOTE]

The Anthology gives you the digital versions. So RE1, 2, and 3 are the PSone copies and RE4 is the HD remake digital copy.

I really didn't like RE6 at first (for about the first two chapters of Leon's campaign), but after getting adjusted and becoming better at the game, I'm starting to like it a lot more. Still run into the occasional cheap death, and long for the inventory and merchant system of RE4, but it's definitely a good game. No RE4, but really - what is?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']As the only black person in this thread (does TMK post in here anymore?) I feel like this should offend me, but I find it funny.[/QUOTE]

:grouphug:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I really didn't like RE6 at first (for about the first two chapters of Leon's campaign), but after getting adjusted and becoming better at the game, I'm starting to like it a lot more. Still run into the occasional cheap death, and long for the inventory and merchant system of RE4, but it's definitely a good game. No RE4, but really - what is?[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 4.

Maybe I'm late to the party on this, but I'm watching Indie Game: The Movie and it's pretty interesting.

It does make me want to buy all the games featured on it, pretty sure I only own Braid and never got that into it.

[quote name='Indignate']Dogs eyeball popped out of his head.

Stupid ass people who think that a pit and a shih tzu hanging out is a good idea.[/QUOTE]

What? This sounds horrible.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']RE6 really does get awesome after a slow start.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

The reviews couldn't be more wrong about this game.

[quote name='j-cart']So CliffyB left Epic Games.

So many people are leaving this industry...[/QUOTE]
Left Epic, or left the industry entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back