GGT #202 plays COD BLOPS 2 exclusively on Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing more Borderlands 2. TVH mode actually isn't that bad once you get some decent weapons. I played some with friends and leveled up some last week, and have used some of my golden keys and gotten some pretty solid purple weapons and now have been making good progress playing solo. Not dying all that much, taking most enemies down pretty quickly etc. I still have 9 keys and Gearbox gives out codes pretty often these days so I can just use some more if these weapons get underpowered (I'm level 42 now, most the weapons are 37-40).

I really shouldn't be allowed to play as an ultralisk in Natural Selection 2, but my commanders keep telling me to do it.

I have poor decision making in the heat of battle, dammit!

You are just talking by yourself. Should have gotten that 4 pack, who knows maybe you would have had someone to play with :D

[quote name='The Crotch']Things I also should not be: flamethrower guy, grenade launcher guy, mutalisk, pretty much anything that costs money...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Natural Selection 2 is Starcraft: FPS edition.0

[quote name='BlueScrote']Sounds like Natural Selection 2 is Starcraft: FPS edition.0[/QUOTE]
It sounds like Starcraft because I'm using Starcraft terminology to describe it.

But there are a lot of similarities, in part because it was heavily inspired by Starcraft, and in part because both games are just reskins of the Alien franchise (and Predator in Starcraft's case), anyway.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']We should buy THQ, guys.[/QUOTE]

I would do this just to put out an apology for Darksiders II and as well as to disown the franchise.

[quote name='distgfx']Sure. What is it, like... $5?[/QUOTE]
Something like that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can afford $3 for a controlling interest.[/QUOTE]
WOOOOO!

[quote name='whoknows']I would do this just to put out an apology for Darksiders II and as well as to disown the franchise.[/QUOTE]
I actually want to take the Darksiders series and make it a 100% LoZ rip-off. It's going to be great.

[quote name='whoknows']I would do this just to put out an apology for Darksiders II and as well as to disown the franchise.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I can't let you do that, Zeki.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm sorry, I can't let you do that, Zeki.[/QUOTE]

If they're going to put out any other DS games that are as bad as DSII I think it's better to save face and not bother.

[quote name='whoknows']If they're going to put out any other DS games that are as bad as DSII I think it's better to save face and not bother.[/QUOTE]

If we're in charge, the next one will have Zeki approval*.

*Zeki approval is contingent upon his approval meeting with the approval of the controlling parties of the new THQ board of directors.

The aliens in NS2 are officially kinda lame. It's like, "support unit, support unit, support unit, support unit, UNIT THAT WINS THE fuckING GAME ROAR MOTHERfuckER".

[quote name='CaptainJoel']We should buy THQ, guys.[/QUOTE]
Let's do it.
[quote name='distgfx']Just make me the combat director for everything.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.
[quote name='whoknows']If they're going to put out any other DS games that are as bad as DSII I think it's better to save face and not bother.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']If we're in charge, the next one will have Zeki approval*.

*Zeki approval is contingent upon his approval meeting with the approval of the controlling parties of the new THQ board of directors.[/QUOTE]
Approved.

[quote name='The Crotch']UNIT THAT WINS THE fuckING GAME ROAR MOTHERfuckER[/QUOTE]

What alien is this? I want to know how to press the win button.

The ultralisk/rhinoceros hybrid "onos". A lot of the game from the alien side feels like "get onos on the field as soon as possible then fuck up everything's shit", because three of their other five life-forms are kinda crap as the game goes on. Skulks (zerglings) don't get attack upgrades while marines get attack and armour buffs over the course of the game, so killing something with a skulk is murderous. Lerks (the flying bastards) have to get in close to use any of their interesting abilities, which basically just means that they get shotgunned down non-stop. Fades should be respectable mid-tier fighters, but their HP/armour is too low to let them tank hits and their damage is too low to let them be good stealth fighters so really they're useful as neither.

But gorges have a nice siege attack and onos wreck shit all day err'day.

Yes.

Kharaa_onos_render.jpg

The only alien that benefits from being on creep is the gorge, which is kinda like SC2's queen. Which is pretty lame, I think the creep speed buff is one of the best ideas Blizzard had for SC2, and it should play a bigger role in NS2. If not movement speed like SC2, then maybe increased energy regen for special attacks.

Obama better win, or I'm going to have to get my beating stick and fend off the waves of asylum-seekers coming across the border. That shit was crazy in 2004. The North Dakotans went down easy, but those people from Montana are really quick with the biting and the eye gouging.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']HOLY fuck! Guardian Heroes is so fucking goooood.[/QUOTE]

I went to buy that today since I finally got some MS points, and I was surprised to see it was only 400 points. I was ready to pay full price for it.

[quote name='ihadFG']I went to buy that today since I finally got some MS points, and I was surprised to see it was only 400 points. I was ready to pay full price for it.[/QUOTE]
We should co-op it, $$$$a.

Frustrating as being an alien in NS2 can be, sneaking over a fortified enemy position, picking them off one by one from behind, and wrecking all their shit before they can regroup is really satisfying.

Too bad we lost that game in the end. The enemy team was really bad, but their commander seemed pretty damn good.

Man Halo is so good. One of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played (just finished it).

Multi is cool too, feels a bit like CoD but I'm totally okay with that. If y'all don't have me on your friend list yet and wanna play it add me, just deleted some riff-raff off my list yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back