GGT 205 took a bath with a bald white man and a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Crotch']I've been saying that Last Crusade was the best Indian Jones for years now.[/QUOTE]

Josh?

[quote name='gunm']My favorite is Indie and the Holy Grail.[/QUOTE]

Is that a band?
Or a game bundle for charity?

[quote name='The Crotch']Eyebrows that are a noticeably different colour than the hair weird me the fuck out.[/QUOTE]

Or it turns you on. Don't fight the feeling.

[quote name='distgfx']Hell yeah, Binary Domain was fucking great.[/QUOTE]
Told you. :cool:
[quote name='corrosivefrost'](1)Who cares what the industry thinks?
(2)I don't understand why people would buy the Doom 3 BFG on PC; just buy Doom 3 and apply some mods to get the flashlight and some better textures... seems to silly to me, unless I'm missing something.
[/quote]
This.
(1)No he's not. He buys fighters on 360. As we all know, Uraizen is the resident expert on 2D fighters, and just like EVO, he uses his PS3 for that genre (if it's not on PC). :cool:
Fixed for accuracy.
Yeah, I thought so. Reasonable enough that the developers get something out of it but you still get a great game at a bargain price.
Exactly how I feel about it. Cheap enough, but not cheapskate cheap.
[quote name='whoknows']I like the one with the aliens..[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

No man, I know what confusion boners feel like.

That ain't this.[quote name='distgfx']Yes.[/QUOTE]
In my defence, my buddy's always going on about how he wants to remake Temple of Doom with a Hindu protagonist and call it Indian Jones.

[quote name='The Crotch']In my defence, my buddy's always going on about how he wants to remake Temple of Doom with a Hindu protagonist and call it Indian Jones.[/QUOTE]

They didn't make that already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4iDWXstrWY

And I won't ask you how you know what a "confusion boner" feels like, no matter how hard you try. :nottalking:

[quote name='gunm']And I won't ask you how you know what a "confusion boner" feels like, no matter how hard you try. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]
It was very dark.

i_have_the_weirdest_boner_right_now_344.jpg

[quote name='panzerfaust']Anyone recommend me a new indie title to look at? Aside from the infinite well of terrible puzzle platformers with cute art styles.[/QUOTE]

Hotline Miami.

God damn.

It's like the Sith Warrior's story was written by two arch-enemies who refused to talk to each-other.

EDIT: Holy fuck what the shit?

EDIT2: Right, I think that's enough of this game for today. Jesus Christ.

EDIT3: This is totally unrelated, but
vcYuy.png

A thing that just happened in The Old Republic:
"Hello, person that viciously murdered my defenceless parents. I can tell that you're a good person."

"Hello. I'm here to kill you."

"Okay.

"LOL just kidding."

"That's good, because I'm evil now."

"No wait, I am going to kill you."

"But I'm evil now."

"Okay, I guess I won't kill you."

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hello, hello!

(3)Yes it was; I grabbed Torchlight 2, Orcs Must Die 2, and the Quantum Conundrum DLC/soundtrack.

[/QUOTE]

Is Quantum Conundrum any good? The trailer made it look... odd.

[quote name='Indignate']I was watching something and they called this guy Joel. I don't know why.

joel.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That guy looks kind of like I did in High School.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I always knew Joel was a ballah.[/QUOTE]
You know it, Hanky! :cool:

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is Quantum Conundrum any good? The trailer made it look... odd.[/QUOTE]
I'm having a lot of fun with it. Feels a lot like Portal 1.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is Quantum Conundrum any good? The trailer made it look... odd.[/QUOTE]

Did you like Portal? It's similar to that, since it's by the same game designer. But instead of using portals, the puzzles involve (so far for me at least, as I only have two of the four "dimensions") changing the gravity, basically. Make things lighter so you can pick them up, make them heavier to weigh them down, alternate to get the portal acceleration effect/momentum type shifts. Some of the puzzles are pretty clever.

[quote name='The Crotch']God damn.

It's like the Sith Warrior's story was written by two arch-enemies who refused to talk to each-other.

EDIT: Holy fuck what the shit?

EDIT2: Right, I think that's enough of this game for today. Jesus Christ.

EDIT3: This is totally unrelated, but
vcYuy.png
[/QUOTE]
I don't hate asians.
They do need to learn how to read crossing signals correctly and cross the street properly though.
almost ran one over when I was downtown yesterday.

Finished Old World Blues today. It was probably the best DLC I've ever played in a video game. Which is saying something because up until now I thought that honor went to Minerva's Den. I've just got Lonesome Road left now. I kind of don't want to start it though, because I'm kind of nervous about finally meeting Ulysses after they've built him up so well.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Finished Old World Blues today. It was probably the best DLC I've ever played in a video game. Which is saying something because up until now I thought that honor went to Minerva's Den. I've just got Lonesome Road left now. I kind of don't want to start it though, because I'm kind of nervous about finally meeting Ulysses after they've built him up so well.[/QUOTE]
Dead money was the best.
Lonesome road sucked. pay close attention to detail and read all the shit thats around. or that dlc won't make any sense at all.

will never understand the reverence for Minerva's den

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Dead money was the best.
Lonesome road sucked. pay close attention to detail and read all the shit thats around. or that dlc won't make any sense at all.

will never understand the reverence for Minerva's den[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding? Dead Money was the shittiest shit I have ever played. I was so disappointed in that DLC that I almost just erased my save to skip it. The only thing that made me like it was all the talk about Ulysses.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Dead money was the best.

will never understand the reverence for Minerva's den[/QUOTE]
You have the worst taste in DLC I've ever seen. Dead Money was fucking garbage. If not for the characters that DLC would have made me swear off the other New Vegas DLC which would have been a shame.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Are you kidding? Dead Money was the shittiest shit I have ever played. I was so disappointed in that DLC that I almost just erased my save to skip it. The only thing that made me like it was all the talk about Ulysses.[/QUOTE]
-_-

for reals? you didn't like Dean Domino? he was voiced by Pontius pilate from Jesus christ superstar for fucks sake!

i thought the story was awesome. the atmosphere very creepy. and there was nothing more satisfying in the whole game dlc or not, than locking that fuck in the vault and taking all that gold.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You have the worst taste in DLC I've ever seen. Dead Money was fucking garbage. If not for the characters that DLC would have made me swear off the other New Vegas DLC which would have been a shame.[/QUOTE]
WOOO! Rei as backup! The characters were the only reason that I didn't stop with that DLC.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']-_-

for reals? you didn't like Dean Domino? he was voiced by Pontius pilate from Jesus christ superstar for fucks sake!

i thought the story was awesome. the atmosphere very creepy. and there was nothing more satisfying in the whole game dlc or not, than locking that fuck in the vault and taking all that gold.[/QUOTE]
Dean Domino was cool, but that was not fun in the least bit. Also, HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT WAS MORE SATISFYING THAN THE MAIN GAME? You must not be playing New Vegas right.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']WOOO! Rei as backup! The characters were the only reason that I didn't stop with that DLC.

Dean Domino was cool, but that was not fun in the least bit. Also, HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT WAS MORE SATISFYING THAN THE MAIN GAME? You must not be playing New Vegas right.[/QUOTE]
idk killing mr house was pretty satisfying i guess.
thats the only part in the game where you condemn somebody to die of starvation in a small room. pretty awesome.

I'm not saying dead money is the best dlc ever, but its definitely the best out of the new vegas bunch. Old world blues a close second just because its entertaining.
Lonesome road is definite shit though.

And minervas den is just average.

oh yeah, honest hearts sucked too
joshua grahm was an underutilized jew badass

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j-cart']So I was gifted Saint Row: The Third. Totally forgot that CheapyD is in the game.[/QUOTE]

The ability to call CheapyD in and ruthlessly murder him in cold blood is by far the #1 killer feature of that game. :lol:

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']
oh yeah, honest hearts sucked too
joshua grahm was an underutilized jew badass[/QUOTE]
A surprisingly relevant thing I just stumbled on:

[quote name='Obsidian']
I had wanted to develop a religious conflict in an RPG for a while, one that wasn't presented as pro-religion vs. anti-religion. I didn't want to use a proxy/fictitious religion and I didn't want to use religion as the set-up for a series of jokes. My first idea for Honest Hearts was a direct conflict between Joshua and Daniel where Joshua was more like his pre-fall self, but I didn't think the characterization would be particularly interesting and I didn't think players would struggle much with the decision of whom to support. It didn't take long for me to change the main conflict to one about Joshua and Daniel vs. an external threat, with the player's choice revolving around which leader to support. I think we often present players with a choice between two bad solutions and we ask them to decide which one is least bad. With Honest Hearts, I wanted the player to decide which solution would produce the most good.

I wanted the player's first encounter with Joshua to be very reductive. In way, I wanted the player to be initially disappointed. They hear legends of this fearsome, terrible, demonic figure and when they first see him, he's doing the equivalent of putting his pants on one leg at a time: sitting at a table maintaining a stack of guns. Even internally, some people complained about his appearance. They wanted him to be huge and monstrous or they wanted his first encounter with the player to involve him brutally gunning down White Legs. I believed that for his character to feel right in the context of the story, he needed to be a man first and the monster later. But that expressed desire on the team made me ask for the graffiti players see on the way to see Joshua: an entire cliff face dominated by the image of Joshua with tiny White Leg corpses falling down below him. In the image, he's like Goya's Saturn, dwarfing and destroying everyone around him.

Presenting the conflict with Daniel posed some challenges because Daniel is not a living legend, i.e. he is even more of a normal man than Joshua is trying to be. Additionally, Mormonism is not a pacifistic religion (and its soteriology does not depend on pacifism), so the conflict could not reasonably by framed around violence vs. non-violence even in the post-apocalyptic version followed by the New Canaanites. Daniel's concern was about larger issues than fighting or not-fighting; he was concerned that Joshua's lapsed nature would cause a whirlwind of warfare that would pull everyone far away New Canaanite traditions to the point where religion was virtually abandoned in favor of a war cult surrounding Joshua.

I had expected that most people would support Joshua, in part because of Joshua as a character but also because of the nature of gameplay in Fallout (i.e., violence is almost always a solution). I did not expect that the Survivalist's logs (written by John Gonzalez) would push so many more people toward supporting Joshua. I think it's an interesting example of players finding their own connections between the two stories and making an emotional connection that pushes them in a particular direction.[/quote]
A billion points for referencing my favourite painting.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The ability to call CheapyD in and ruthlessly murder him in cold blood is by far the #1 killer feature of that game. :lol:[/QUOTE]

He is kind of resilient, so he did come in handy at times. Plus, he is free.

I did blow his ass up a couple times by accident , though...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The ability to call CheapyD in and ruthlessly murder him in cold blood is by far the #1 killer feature of that game. :lol:[/QUOTE]

This is all I plan to do.

It's good, it's just that the aesthetics are weird.

[quote name='GUNNM']I wish I could weigh-in on this discussion but frost got me banned.[/QUOTE]

We're all next.

[quote name='The Crotch']A surprisingly relevant thing I just stumbled on:

A billion points for referencing my favourite painting.[/QUOTE]
well he got that right.
i sided with joshua and killed everybody lol

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Finished Old World Blues today. It was probably the best DLC I've ever played in a video game. Which is saying something because up until now I thought that honor went to Minerva's Den. I've just got Lonesome Road left now. I kind of don't want to start it though, because I'm kind of nervous about finally meeting Ulysses after they've built him up so well.[/QUOTE]

I need to pick up New Vegas w/ DLC during a Steam sale eventually. I've played (and really enjoyed) the main game on 360, but none of the DLC. My favorite DLC is currently Minerva's Den, so I'm curious what I'll think of Old World Blues.

I'm normally incredibly indecisive which makes choice centered RPGs quite stressful for me. The only rash decision I've ever taken with 110% confidence is shooting Kaidan. I was just fucking waiting for that Renegade action to pop up.

How could he even begin to fathom I was corrupt? I wanted to shoot him earlier on Mars for even bringing up the subject of my allegiance, like really bro? I hate ridiculous characters. See Skyler from Breaking Bad.

[quote name='ihadFG']I need to pick up New Vegas w/ DLC during a Steam sale eventually. I've played (and really enjoyed) the main game on 360, but none of the DLC. My favorite DLC is currently Minerva's Den, so I'm curious what I'll think of Old World Blues.[/QUOTE]
I'm mixed on the New Vegas DLC. I think a lot of it is that, aside from Honest Hearts aside, the project director/lead designer of New Vegas (Josh Sawyer, the guy I quoted above) had fuck all input into the DLCs. They just came off as such a mix of... things that are mixed.

Sawyer's kind of a boss, though. He's also this guy in New Vegas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUUPDptRwYU

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back