GGT 207 is full of lazy, boardgame playing jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think you have RE5 and RE6 mixed up. ;)
The only boss fight I think is worth remembering from RE5 is the 7 minutes encounter with Wesker and Jill.

Anything in Leon's campaign from RE6 is better to me than everything but the Wesker boss fight from RE5.[/QUOTE]

Let's put it this way. Dead Space 1 is better than RE5 and RE6.

Still I can't think of any boss fights that were better than Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Old Monk boss fight was freaking awesome when you get to be the Old Monk :D

[quote name='j-cart']Let's put it this way. Dead Space 1 is better than RE5 and RE6.

Still I can't think of any boss fights that were better than Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Old Monk boss fight was freaking awesome when you get to be the Old Monk :D[/QUOTE]

The Dead Space games have been better than the Resident Evil games this gen, easily.

Y'know, I can think of games with terrible boss fights easily. Funny how the bad ones stick out more;
I can't think of a single boss fight in the ME games that was actually good. Maybe okay, but most are terrible, IMO.
And for the record, even after being screwed by the 3rd boss fight (I think) in Deus Ex HR, I still don't understand the complaints and thought they were fine.
Standout boss fights... it's mostly just Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, I suppose.
There were some good fights in GoW3. Ninja Gaiden 2 had some good ones. Bayonetta had some pretty good ones too, though not without some large annoyances.

Dead Space was better than RE5, but RE5 was more fun...however that works.

I've spent a lot more time playing RE5 than I did playing Dead Space.

[quote name='whoknows']Dead Space was better than RE5, but RE5 was more fun...however that works.

I've spent a lot more time playing RE5 than I did playing Dead Space.[/QUOTE]

Mercenaries mode?
Maybe the coop?

Speaking of Mercenaries, I bought the two new maps for RE6 but haven't played them.
Are you going to grab them? If so, we should play again! (We should play again regardless...)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The Dead Space games have been better than the Resident Evil games this gen, easily.[/QUOTE]

I still need to play Dead Space 2.

Seriously though, only the Souls game come to mind for recent boss fights. I could totally add SWTOR into the mix, but MMOs are always about boss fights.

/edit: I was totally into Mercenaries Mode in RE4 and RE5. Krauser was my shit.

I felt bad for a moment for not bringing up Skyward Sword in a discussion of boss fights but then I remembered that I haven't played enough of that game to really comment on the bosses. Trying to play that game at the same time as Xenoblade Chronicles was a terrible idea.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Mercenaries mode?
Maybe the coop?

Speaking of Mercenaries, I bought the two new maps for RE6 but haven't played them.
Are you going to grab them? If so, we should play again! (We should play again regardless...)[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there were two new maps :lol:

I'll get them just so we can play ;)

[quote name='whoknows']Dead Space was better than RE5, but RE5 was more fun...however that works.

I've spent a lot more time playing RE5 than I did playing Dead Space[/QUOTE]

It's the co-op; co-op can make even a bad game seem good.

[quote name='j-cart']Hey guys, lets let you learn how to play a game and then guess what? Boss fight? Yeah we forgot how to make those, so lets just add this really lame repeating sequence and slow it down at the end... Not done with the game yet, so no spoilers!

Okay people, question time: Which games in recent years has the best and worst boss fights?

Worst Boss Fights:
-Deus Ex: HR
-ME3 (It is like, hey this is epic, but this boss fight, yeah this part is lame)

Best Boss Fights:
-? I was gonna put in False Emperor HM Flashpoint but I guess MMOs don't really count on this list...[/QUOTE]
This is actually something I was talking about with my brothers today and I think I have a good list.

Worst Boss Fights:
-Deus Ex HR (Of course)
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Bioshock

Best:
-Ninja Blade
-Dead Rising
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Mass Effect 1

[quote name='distgfx']It's the co-op; co-op can make even a bad game seem good.[/QUOTE]

Is the co-op going to make DS3 the most funnest one?

Dead Rising had some hilariously awesome boss fights. All MGS games have awesome boss fights, even the PSP ones were epic!

I, uh... I coulda gone without ever having played a Dead Rising boss fight.

Also, nobody has mentioned No More Heroes yet because we all fucking suck.

[quote name='The Crotch']I, uh... I coulda gone without ever having played a Dead Rising boss fight.

Also, nobody has mentioned No More Heroes yet because we all fucking suck.[/QUOTE]
I held out on mentioning because I haven't finished the second game yet. Loved the first. The big finale boss was the best ever.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']This is actually something I was talking about with my brothers today and I think I have a good list.

Worst Boss Fights:
-Deus Ex HR (Of course)
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Bioshock

Best:
-Ninja Blade
-Dead Rising
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Mass Effect 1[/QUOTE]

I think I disagree with your entire list. :rofl:

-Deus Ex HR felt like MGS to me and I played it stealth, no kills, and even got the downgrade chip in Shanghai before the 3rd boss fight and while it made me rage and think it was impossible, I still don't have any problem with them. The only complaint I'll acknowledge is that you're forced to kill them instead of just tranquilize/stun them... but that's more of a narrative complaint than the actual mechanics, IMO.
-Batman's were fine, though the final boss was a huge letdown after taking on some of the other villains.
-Bioshock's final boss sucked, but it also had good ones, like the one versus Sander Cohen in Fort Frolic. Some of the early ones were good too, like the one in the Freezer.

-I don't remember if Ninja Blades were bad, so I can't say they were terrible right off the top of my head, but I could be repressing memories. I know I didn't consider them the best.
-Dead Rising's combat was so clunky that a lot of the boss fights came down to "how much have you leveled up, what are you carrying, and how can you abuse it". Some of the boss design was cool though. Love the prisoner's in the courtyard trolling people. :lol:
-While the idea behind the fights in ME were good, the combat in that game was so clunky that I can't classify them as anything more than average.
-I remember being disappointed by MGS4's boss fights, or annoyed, but I wouldn't say they're terrible by any means. Then again, I wouldn't say they were great either. Especially not for an MGS game. MGS and MGS2 will always have the best boss fights in that series for me.

I still need to play the DLC, but I heard the boss battle in that was better. I'd have liked those boss battles in the main game more if I'd been able to charisma my way out of them or something. I mean, fuck. Those things felt so unRPG.

Portal 2's finale boss sequence was pretty good. Nothing hard, but done eloquently.

/edit: The Witcher 2 had some pretty fun boss fights. The first main encounter was particularly difficult in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']Best boss fight ever is Hank as Urien in 3s.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say, I am the boss fight. However I can't do shit against Hank in 3s.

35sxyx.jpg

This maybe old, but so awesome in so many ways.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Fixed for accuracy.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. :bouncy:
[quote name='GUNNM']Ithis shit isn't even canon robot big boss could come out and be the final enemy[/QUOTE]
This would be fucking amazing.

It must happen. Or how about robot Solidus, recreate the MGS2 end boss fight?

I'd shit my pants. :drool:
[quote name='distgfx']I didn't realize it was possible to break something so horribly.
[/QUOTE]
The new Playstation Store.
[quote name='GUNNM']I'm glad kojima is backing the shit out of this game hes been doing press all over the world[/QUOTE]
He needs to have these nignogs make ZOE3. :drool:
[quote name='whoknows']ME3 was not epic. It should have been, but wasn't.

Shephard was supposed to be some super badass, but instead kept getting one upped and beaten by the bad guys constantly. What a loser.[/QUOTE]
Totally. What a loser.
[quote name='j-cart']Let's put it this way. Dead Space 1 is better than RE5 and RE6.
[/QUOTE]
I will agree. It's a better RE game than either of them.

I've spent a lot more time playing RE5 than I did playing Dead Space.[/QUOTE]
Oh friend and I played a fuckTON of RE5. 360 and PC, rolled the shit out of that game. Ask uraizen about our playthrough of RE5.
[quote name='j-cart']I still need to play Dead Space 2.
[/QUOTE]
Same. Really need to play it.
[quote name='distgfx']It's the co-op; co-op can make even a bad game seem good.[/QUOTE]
Mostly agreed. Army of Two and Kane & Lynch both sucked fat dicks, but they were pretty amusing and entertaining in co-op, at least.

"fist bumps and air guitars"
[quote name='whoknows']Is the co-op going to make DS3 the most funnest one?[/QUOTE]
Also agreed. It might not be as good as the first two, but it'll be fun as hell.
[quote name='j-cart']Deus Ex: HR Boss fights were horrible and even when you can melee one in the DLC, it was still pretty bad.[/QUOTE]
I shot the shit out of every boss in that game. It was like playing Contra. Ding ding ding.

I was invincible during the last boss fight too. Had that shit hacked to death, invulnerable to everything. Was so boss.
[quote name='distgfx']Best boss fight ever is Hank as Urien in 3s.[/QUOTE]
You cannot escape wrong death!!
[quote name='j-cart']I was gonna say, I am the boss fight. However I can't do shit against Hank in 3s.

35sxyx.jpg

This maybe old, but so awesome in so many ways.[/QUOTE]
Love this picture.

Hey guys!!

Guys!!

Guys!!

Let's play 3S. ^__^

KT Rolster Vs Liquid/Evil Genius (plus Jaedong) in five hours. The combined foreign teams are only actually fielding two foreign players, and while Thorzain is strong, I can't remember the last time I saw Huk win a PvZ against a competent opponent.

Well, Flash Vs Zenio should be cool, at least.
[quote name='j-cart']I am also terribly awesome at SC2 as Zerg.[/QUOTE]
Spoilers ahead:

Use infestors.

[quote name='The Crotch']KT Rolster Vs Liquid/Evil Genius (plus Jaedong) in five hours. The combined foreign teams are only actually fielding two foreign players, and while Thorzain is strong, I can't remember the last time I saw Huk win a PvZ against a competent opponent.

Well, Flash Vs Zenio should be cool, at least.

Spoilers ahead:

Use infestors.[/QUOTE]

I am all about dat four infestor hit squad.

four_infestor_hit_squad_mojo_designthumb400.png

[quote name='j-cart']Deus Ex: HR Boss fights were horrible and even when you can melee one in the DLC, it was still pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

They're fine. They give you everything you need to complete them. They're not broken or unwinnable. Sure, they make you step outside your preferred method of combat maybe, but as evidenced by my ability to win the 3rd boss fight with a stealth character with the chip that handicaps your abilities on hard (or higher) difficulty, they give you all the tools you need to complete them.

They weren't anything epic or awesome or excellent, but they weren't anywhere near as terrible as all the bullshit people spout about them. I'm beginning to associate the people who complain about them with the people who bitch about the save system in the Dead Rising games (particularly the original).

Terrible in the context that the boss fights were very disappointing and detracted from the game itself. They were bad because I didn't want to use guns, but guess what? I had to in some form or another. In a game of choice, I was given no choice on how to complete the boss fight.

My boss fight with missy leggs was bugged. She stopped and froze the first instance I saw her and I just unloaded everything into her and it was over.

[quote name='j-cart']She stopped and froze the first instance I saw her and I just unloaded everything into her and it was over.[/QUOTE]
Tee hee.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Final Fantasy Versus XIII.[/QUOTE]

They would make it good.

[quote name='GUNNM']I want capcom to reboot DmC with platinum games at the helm.[/QUOTE]

That would be more like going back to its roots, which I would be okay with.

[quote name='j-cart']My boss fight with missy leggs was bugged. She stopped and froze the first instance I saw her and I just unloaded everything into her and it was over.[/QUOTE]

*chortle*

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Tee hee.[/QUOTE]

*snuffaw*

[quote name='GUNNM']I want capcom to reboot DmC with platinum games at the helm.[/QUOTE]

That. Might. Work....

[quote name='distgfx']They would make it good.[/QUOTE]

By making it another game entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back